• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Friend gets more coin and supplies from buildings (not boost related) - HELP!

• Thread starter DeletedUser38103
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Okay, sorry for the late response. I will look into it. I have a suspicion of what the reason is, but I want to confirm first.

DeletedUser38103

Stephen, thank you for looking into this. It is making me very frustrated having been an active player for over three years and finding out an unknown amount of other players could have been receiving an extremely unfair advantage!

DeletedUser

Stephen, thank you for looking into this. It is making me very frustrated having been an active player for over three years and finding out an unknown amount of other players could have been receiving an extremely unfair advantage!
So I can't confirm my suspicion as to the reason, and my superior said to file an in-game ticket with support. Sorry I can't be more help.

DeletedUser38103

So I can't confirm my suspicion as to the reason, and my superior said to file an in-game ticket with support. Sorry I can't be more help.
Thank you for trying. Do you know how to reach someone helpful? So far the in-game moderator I've dealt with hasn't been much help.

Algona

Random questions...

Why get frustrated? You've played three years and I assume have had fun? You've made reasonable progress in the game? Never had any serious problems with the game?

If there is some unfair advantage that some players have had, how has it affected you? Get plundered much? Get sniped much? Or did you figure out how to avoid those?

What could a player do to affect your game play if they had an advantage? Did you notice anything in three years of play that could have been such an advantage at work and how did it affect you?

----------

Not so random observations...

One outstanding feature of this game is that all advantages other players have can be mitigated to the point of not affecing game state advancement.

In other words, no matter what you got, you can't stop me.

There is no upside in worrying about what others can do in this game.

----------

Pointed questions...

"Help! Unfair! Damn shame! Extremely unfair advantage!"

If you are right about there being some sort of bug, instead of congratulating your friend on catching a break that appears to be so rare you didn't notice it in three years, you're trying to get whatever break they had taken away? This is friendship?

Think about that before you file that in game ticket again.

You were convinced before you posted there is something wrong. You still are. We just saw a ton of this bad attitude from all the folks who punted in the Forge Bowl. Instead of 'gee, maybe I'm missing something' and asking for help, they automatically assumed INNO was screwing them.

Is spending a bunch of time 'very frustrated' posting complaints here getting you anything positive?

What if you're wrong? What if your friend stumbled across something you've missed for years? Instead of getting pissy with folk on the forum and angry at INNO maybe if you were asking nicely for help someone who knows would come forward and explain what you missed and how to get there? Or maybe inspire a lot of the smart posters on this forum (no, not me, I'm not smart, I'm a smartass who reads a lot) to figure it out?

i hope you find a satisfactory solution, but I suspect it won't came easy given your current approach.

DeletedUser38103

Random questions...

Why get frustrated? You've played three years and I assume have had fun? You've made reasonable progress in the game? Never had any serious problems with the game?

If there is some unfair advantage that some players have had, how has it affected you? Get plundered much? Get sniped much? Or did you figure out how to avoid those?

What could a player do to affect your game play if they had an advantage? Did you notice anything in three years of play that could have been such an advantage at work and how did it affect you?

----------

Not so random observations...

One outstanding feature of this game is that all advantages other players have can be mitigated to the point of not affecing game state advancement.

In other words, no matter what you got, you can't stop me.

There is no upside in worrying about what others can do in this game.

----------

Pointed questions...

"Help! Unfair! Damn shame! Extremely unfair advantage!"

If you are right about there being some sort of bug, instead of congratulating your friend on catching a break that appears to be so rare you didn't notice it in three years, you're trying to get whatever break they had taken away? This is friendship?

Think about that before you file that in game ticket again.

You were convinced before you posted there is something wrong. You still are. We just saw a ton of this bad attitude from all the folks who punted in the Forge Bowl. Instead of 'gee, maybe I'm missing something' and asking for help, they automatically assumed INNO was screwing them.

Is spending a bunch of time 'very frustrated' posting complaints here getting you anything positive?

What if you're wrong? What if your friend stumbled across something you've missed for years? Instead of getting pissy with folk on the forum and angry at INNO maybe if you were asking nicely for help someone who knows would come forward and explain what you missed and how to get there? Or maybe inspire a lot of the smart posters on this forum (no, not me, I'm not smart, I'm a smartass who reads a lot) to figure it out?

i hope you find a satisfactory solution, but I suspect it won't came easy given your current approach.

My objective is to mitigate a bug that is boosting one of two of my friends in game. They started this game two weeks ago and have been playing competivitely, comparing stats, towns, etc.
My one coworker has been scratching his head as to how the other is getting so far ahead. After comparing their buildings after one stated cottages were a better output than clapboard houses, they found the discrepancy.
I'm not trying to punish my friend for the game providing an unknown boost. However, now that we're aware of it, it isn't fair of him to exploit it.
Clearly you are not an avid gamer. It doesn't matter how impactful a bug is, it should be squashed. Some of his buildings produced double base coin than mine. Imagine that being the case for Tomorrow age or later buildings. You could purchase so many more FP with DOUBLE the coin.
Yes, it is unfair. I imagine you might be taking advantage of this exploit seeing how defensive you are about it. I suggest @Stephen Longshanks take a look at your account too.

DeletedUser36624

This is not the first time I've seen this reported. It just seems that random people get an boost at the beginning of the game.

DeletedUser

This is not the first time I've seen this reported. It just seems that random people get an boost at the beginning of the game.
As a player, I seem to remember something being mentioned on the Forum about this around the time or shortly after Incidents and Daily Challenges were introduced, but not in any official way. More word of mouth type mentions. I have been unable to confirm or disprove that this is actually happening, and could not find any confirmation that I am actually remembering something said on the Forum or whether my memory is from another source, such as global chat or guild conversations. In any case, filing a ticket with support is the only real avenue for the OP to further investigate this.

Algona

I take a perverse delight in telling people the exact truth and watching as they disbelieve or ignore it and the inevitable that follows.

My objective is to mitigate a bug that is boosting one of two of my friends in game. They started this game two weeks ago and have been playing competivitely, comparing stats, towns, etc.
My one coworker has been scratching his head as to how the other is getting so far ahead. After comparing their buildings after one stated cottages were a better output than clapboard houses, they found the discrepancy.
I'm not trying to punish my friend for the game providing an unknown boost. However, now that we're aware of it, it isn't fair of him to exploit it.
Clearly you are not an avid gamer. It doesn't matter how impactful a bug is, it should be squashed. Some of his buildings produced double base coin than mine. Imagine that being the case for Tomorrow age or later buildings. You could purchase so many more FP with DOUBLE the coin.
Yes, it is unfair. I imagine you might be taking advantage of this exploit seeing how defensive you are about it. I suggest @Stephen Longshanks take a look at your account too.

Stephen is a forum moderator. While there is some crossover Stephen hasn't crossed the bridge and started modding in game. Yet. I think. He'll tell you, and I encourage you, to report me using the in game reporting function.

You should report me, I take advantage of all sorts of things. But you'll never know if I cheat or not, you'll never hear back about it. On the bright side I'm sure you will hear all about it if your friend gets sanctioned or booted for exploiting the bug you reported. That's a resolution to your problem, eh?

I take huge advantage of these forums, I read. A lot. More important, I (unlike you) try to comprehend how what I read might be of benefit, And then I use it to my benefit. You just had a guy who has dropped thousands of posts on this forum tell you exactly how to get the most out of the forum, And you do what? try to pick a fight with me?

This got you how much closer to solving your problem?

I exploit this forum to ask questions for game aspects I don't understand. I take advantage of the knowledge and good nature and willingness of the forum community to share thier experiences and knowledge by asking nicely instead of whining, arguing, fighting, complaining, disagreeing with them or accusing INNO of incompetence, cheating, money grabbing and any thing else.

News flash! "Thank you " works better then "screw you".

Catch this clue: Long term frequent posters on this forum are all experienced good players who like this game and appreciate INNO. You;ll never get anywhere bashing INNO. You'll get everything by playing nice.

You can do silly things like questioning whether I'm an avid game. Does it matter? Does it matter i've played a year longer than you with 5x the RP? How does comparing epinises help you make progress on your problem?

You can go on about unfair but that won't get you any sympathy because bad players so frequently use that as an excuse for their bad play. NOTE WELL: ';ve taken a gander at your city, you;re not a bad player, but the more you wave the unfair flag the more people will think you don't have a clue about how to play.

----------

Let me sum this up for you.

The first thing you should always do in this game when you run into something you don;t understand is ask yourself, "What am I missing?" Then figure out who to ask nicely about it.

If you have a problem in game, report it in game.

This forum is a massively useful source of information and the best way to harvest that information is to ask nicely for help with your problems. This forum turns into a morass of frustration and distraction if you approach it with the attitude that INNO is trying to screw you.

The first approach gets you results. The second approach gets you, well, me.

And how much has that done for resolving your problem?

DeletedUser38103

I take a perverse delight in telling people the exact truth and watching as they disbelieve or ignore it and the inevitable that follows.

Stephen is a forum moderator. While there is some crossover Stephen hasn't crossed the bridge and started modding in game. Yet. I think. He'll tell you, and I encourage you, to report me using the in game reporting function.

You should report me, I take advantage of all sorts of things. But you'll never know if I cheat or not, you'll never hear back about it. On the bright side I'm sure you will hear all about it if your friend gets sanctioned or booted for exploiting the bug you reported. That's a resolution to your problem, eh?

I take huge advantage of these forums, I read. A lot. More important, I (unlike you) try to comprehend how what I read might be of benefit, And then I use it to my benefit. You just had a guy who has dropped thousands of posts on this forum tell you exactly how to get the most out of the forum, And you do what? try to pick a fight with me?

I exploit this forum to ask questions for game aspects I don't understand. I take advantage of the knowledge and good nature and willingness of the forum community to share thier experiences and knowledge by asking nicely instead of whining, arguing, fighting, complaining, disagreeing with them or accusing INNO of incompetence, cheating, money grabbing and any thing else.

Catch this clue: Long term frequent posters on this forum are all experienced good players who like this game and appreciate INNO. You;ll never get anywhere bashing INNO. You'll get everything by playing nice.

You can do silly things like questioning whether I'm an avid game. Does it matter? Does it matter i've played a year longer than you with 5x the RP? How does comparing epinises help you make progress on your problem?

You can go on about unfair but that won't get you any sympathy because bad players so frequently use that as an excuse for their bad play. NOTE WELL: ';ve taken a gander at your city, you;re not a bad player, but the more you wave the unfair flag the more people will think you don't have a clue about how to play.

----------

The first thing you should always do in this game when you run into something you don;t understand is ask yourself, "What am I missing?" Then figure out who to ask nicely about it.

This forum is a massively useful source of information and the best way to harvest that information is to ask nicely for help with your problems. This forum turns into a morass of frustration and distraction if you approach it with the attitude that INNO is trying to screw you.

Wow get a life dude.

DeletedUser38103

----------

By the way, by responding to my thread, you are in fact arguing with me. So, please, leave me alone. You're a long winded bully who is preventing progress.

RazorbackPirate

This is not the first time we've seen reports of this. I have no confirmation from Inno, but the last time this issue came up, I recall seeing a response that Inno has been playing around with resource balancing in the earlier ages. I can't recall if that was pure speculation or confirmed info.

If your 'coworkers' are on the same server as each other and started their cities about the same time, I can see how one will have an advantage over the other. Your city being many ages ahead of both is fortunately, unaffected by this issue. I'm surprised it's you who took up the inequity charge instead of 'Coworker B' who is suffering the disadvantage.

Unless the discrepancy is happens with all residential buildings across all ages, at best the advantage lasts the duration of EMA when Cottages get replaced with Clapboard Houses. Despite any short term Coin advantage (Gold is an EMA good) population needs will soon require the removal of Cottages anyway.
Definitely. With double the gold, you can buy almost double the FP.
Thus raising the cost of purchased FPs twice as fast. Unless this coin advantage lasts throughout the game, this short term gain will soon lead to a disadvantage.

Think of it this way, with the ability to produce coins and buy FPs faster, push account A, I'm sorry, 'Coworker A';) will be able to help level your GBs faster than 'Coworker B'. While it sucks that both of your new accounts, I mean, both your coworkers' new accounts, won't be able to benefit you equally, I'm sure your new Troika will still give you the boost you so desperately need.

Having looked at your main @Sir Options, you would benefit from a serious overhaul. You have wat too many roads, no TFs or SSWs tell me you don't get far in GE, a lack of SoKs tells me you don't complete DC, and execute events poorly. Dumping that useless forest of VTs will provide ample space to build CoA, which might help you fight higher in GE. Leveling your Arc will more than offset any medals you might lose. You've done well collecting WWs and shrinky dinks, but in a main, there's much better ways to earn FPs, goods, and diamonds.

To put things in perspective, given the Historical Questline buildings I see in your city, I'd estimate your main to be about twice the age of either of mine. (R and W, same world is a no-no, of course.) However, I'd bet even my HMA city, outperforms your FE city in FPs alone 4:1, maybe more, on a daily basis.

A focus on your own improvement, might also lessen the need to 'invite' additional 'coworkers' to play. Either way, without serious improvement to your city and game, all of your 'coworker' cities (interesting choice of words) will soon suffer the same struggles and limitations as you do simply from following your advice.

Poorly developed 'coworker' cities won't provide you much help and your poorly developed city won't be much help to them either. Good thing they're only 'coworkers' and not friends. If they were actual friends, I'd recommend that to remain friends, you'll need to send them elsewhere should they ask you for game advice.

Anyway, I am confident that @Stephen Longshanks will do a thorough investigation into all 3 of those accounts to get to the bottom of anything hinky going on. It will be nice to hear the cause of the coin discrepancy, et least.

Housekeeping Note: When posting in the forums, please use the correct terminology to avoid confusion. This will especially help both newbies and those for whom English is not their primary language.

DeletedUser38103

----------

I can tell I really triggered you because you read a post you didn't like. It didn't satisfy your craving. You couldn't provide insight or any help on the topic so you chose to attack me instead. How has this helped you? It hasn't. I'll just continue to keep responding and angering you even more because you're not getting your way.
Glad to see this is how seniors treat newcomers.

DeletedUser38103

This is not the first time we've seen reports of this. I have no confirmation from Inno, but the last time this issue came up, I recall seeing a response that Inno has been playing around with resource balancing in the earlier ages. I can't recall if that was pure speculation or confirmed info.

If your 'coworkers' are on the same server as each other and started their cities about the same time, I can see how one will have an advantage over the other. Your city being many ages ahead of both is fortunately, unaffected by this issue. I'm surprised it's you who took up the inequity charge instead of 'Coworker B' who is suffering the disadvantage.

Unless the discrepancy is happens with all residential buildings across all ages, at best the advantage lasts the duration of EMA when Cottages get replaced with Clapboard Houses. Despite any short term Coin advantage (Gold is an EMA good) population needs will soon require the removal of Cottages anyway.

Thus raising the cost of purchased FPs twice as fast. Unless this coin advantage lasts throughout the game, this short term gain will soon lead to a disadvantage.

Think of it this way, with the ability to produce coins and buy FPs faster, push account A, I'm sorry, 'Coworker A';) will be able to help level your GBs faster than 'Coworker B'. While it sucks that both of your new accounts, I mean, both your coworkers' new accounts, won't be able to benefit you equally, I'm sure your new Troika will still give you the boost you so desperately need.

Having looked at your main @Sir Options, you would benefit from a serious overhaul. You have wat too many roads, no TFs or SSWs tell me you don't get far in GE, a lack of SoKs tells me you don't complete DC, and execute events poorly. Dumping that useless forest of VTs will provide ample space to build CoA, which might help you fight higher in GE. Leveling your Arc will more than offset any medals you might lose. You've done well collecting WWs and shrinky dinks, but in a main, there's much better ways to earn FPs, goods, and diamonds.

To put things in perspective, given the Historical Questline buildings I see in your city, I'd estimate your main to be about twice the age of either of mine. (R and W, same world is a no-no, of course.) However, I'd bet even my HMA city, outperforms your FE city in FPs alone 4:1, maybe more, on a daily basis.

A focus on your own improvement, might also lessen the need to 'invite' additional 'coworkers' to play. Either way, without serious improvement to your city and game, all of your 'coworker' cities (interesting choice of words) will soon suffer the same struggles and limitations as you do simply from following your advice.

Poorly developed 'coworker' cities won't provide you much help and your poorly developed city won't be much help to them either. Good thing they're only 'coworkers' and not friends. If they were actual friends, I'd recommend that to remain friends, you'll need to send them elsewhere should they ask you for game advice.

Anyway, I am confident that @Stephen Longshanks will do a thorough investigation into all 3 of those accounts to get to the bottom of anything hinky going on. It will be nice to hear the cause of the coin discrepancy, et least.

Housekeeping Note: When posting in the forums, please use the correct terminology to avoid confusion. This will especially help both newbies and those for whom English is not their primary language.
Thank you for your input, it is welcomed and appreciated! I am a very passive player in this game and am SUPER overdue for a city overhaul, I know lol
The clapboard houses also do not match. Mine is 240 and his is 288, so as of now, there is no end in sight for the benefit.
Thank you for not shaming me like Algona for bringing this issue to light with definitive evidence. Cheers!

DeletedUser38103

By the way, they are not my accounts. But thanks for thinking that. I just feel bad for my coworker and don't want him to be discouraged and quit playing. If these were my accounts I wouldn't be reporting it, obviously!

DeletedUser36624

Status
Not open for further replies.