• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG Sector Victory Points Being Uneven Cost My Guild A Win

Agent327

We were at the 12:00 spot I believe, and the enemy was at the spot where you say the best guild should be. So then why does the already best guild have sectors that are worth more VPs. THAT sounds even more unfair to me than I thought.

You believe. If you are wrong, they were the weakest guild. Next time, study the map to make sure. Also look at the possibillities of buildings and the victory points of all sectors, not the ones just close to you. You are fighting all guilds, not just one and shouldn't all have an equal chance? Wouldn't that be fair?

And in the end, if a guild is better than another one, they should win, right? If you give their enemies an advantage over them with better victory points per hour, that could spoil it for the best, most hardworking guild. That doesnt seem fair either. I think that the best guild should win, and the map should have no influence on that. If you're the best, you should win. Am I not right?

The best guild won. The map has no influence. You lost and now you make all kind of assumptions. Accept that you lost. Go back to GBG. Learn from it and come up with a better strategy.

Aggressor

You believe. If you are wrong, they were the weakest guild. Next time, study the map to make sure. Also look at the possibillities of buildings and the victory points of all sectors, not the ones just close to you. You are fighting all guilds, not just one and shouldn't all have an equal chance? Wouldn't that be fair?

The best guild won. The map has no influence. You lost and now you make all kind of assumptions. Accept that you lost. Go back to GBG. Learn from it and come up with a better strategy.
I can learn and I am learning, but I would not call them the best guild if it took help of something they had no influence over to win. I am simply requesting that they make it more fair. The 8 guilds in our BG all had the exact same number of league points, and they made different leagues to make it fairer for worse guilds. They dont need to implement their "fairness" all the way down to the map. That's why they have leagues.
Also, we were the 6:00 position, and the other guild was the 5:00.

UnStopaBull

You can not say things are fair or unfair without looking at the complete picture.

Guilds are placed on the map, based on MMR or League points as they are now called. Guild with the lowest points is placed at the 12 O'clock spot and after that guilds are placed clockwise based on points. So the weakest guild is placed next to what at that moment is the strongest guild and a guild that is just a little stronger than they are. Points the sectors give are influenced by that, same as the number of buildings you can place. Don't hear anybody sayng anything about that. In the end, the map is balanced and it is your strategical decissions that are the deciding factor. That's why you still can end up second if you think you will win.

well there is a lot of BS from inno in BG, we are the top team in diamond every week and should always get best placement but with everyone maxing at 1000 this is not the case. There is also huge luck (unfair) in buidling slots offered on same ring tiles. luckily it doesn’t cost us bc we are so strong but I notice it every week. Also placing a 1st next to the 2nd is not done in any real competition but BG does this stuff all the time.

Aggressor

well there is a lot of BS from inno in BG, we are the top team in diamond every week and should always get best placement but with everyone maxing at 1000 this is not the case. There is also huge luck (unfair) in buidling slots offered on same ring tiles. luckily it doesn’t cost us bc we are so strong but I notice it every week. Also placing a 1st next to the 2nd is not done in any real competition but BG does this stuff all the time.
Yes, this is the scenario I had. We all had the same amount of League Points, so picking a "best" and "worst" guild before it started is unreasonable. If we are all equal in league points, then don't favor anybody.

RazorbackPirate

When you saw it was going to be close, why didn't you build a few buildings to boost your points? There's also not much difference when it comes to the points gained from 1st or 2nd, so other than a hit to the ego, what did your 'loss' really cost you? Since there is variability each round, sooner or later you'll be the guild with the highest point sectors on your way to middle and you'll get the win because of it.

I see no reason why anything needs to change.

Agent327

Why is it BS? Placement is based on points. With the same number of points what do you expect? Why would you complain about that? Don't you want it to be fair and give others at least a chance? Do you want the easy win every time?

Your comment really amazes me. Everybody wants it to be fair but when fair hinders you, it suddenly is not a real competition anymore.

Graviton

My little guild on my Qunrir world worked hard and got off to an early lead. We got to the middle well before anybody and had a solid lead over everyone. The guild next to us was the second most active guild, always around a sector behind us.

we are the top team in diamond every week

These are the people complaining about "unfair": a small guild that is out-performing larger ones, and a guild that is the top team every week. Get outta here with "unfair".

UnStopaBull

These are the people complaining about "unfair": a small guild that is out-performing larger ones, and a guild that is the top team every week. Get outta here with "unfair".
So you if it was a race you think it is fair to give someone a headstart? These are all diamond teams and the slots that each one has in path to center is not the same so yeah it is unfair. Lucky for us it doesn’t matter. It is also unfair to place the two strongest guides next to each other. How does that make sense? If you don’t see it you obviously have never been an athlete

Aggressor

So you if it was a race you think it is fair to give someone a headstart? These are all diamond teams and the slots that each one has in path to center is not the same so yeah it is unfair. Lucky for us it doesn’t matter. It is also unfair to place the two strongest guides next to each other. How does that make sense? If you don’t see it you obviously have never been an athlete
Yes, precisely. You never have a 1 seed play a 2 seed in the first round, you dont put the fastest runner head to head with the second fastest, you never give the weakest team a head start, So why is BG any different.

BruteForceAttack

It will be boring if all the provinces have same properties.. some may get lucky and some may not ...no biggie it's not like the vp is hidden, everyone can see and adjust their game...folks who dont...will get eliminated :)

-Sebastian-

Yes, precisely. You never have a 1 seed play a 2 seed in the first round, you dont put the fastest runner head to head with the second fastest, you never give the weakest team a head start, So why is BG any different.

Because this isn't a spectator sport, but a participatory sport. We don't sit around and watch, we're all engaged in it. And unequal matches aren't as fun for the people participating. Isn't GE more interesting when there's actually competition? And that's just a race.

Ericness

@Emperor XX I think you are looking at this wrong. The moment I read "advanced to our side" I knew exactly why your guild couldn't keep first. If you're not allied with that other team you need to view them as competition and treat them as such. That includes attacking them directly and taking territory on "their side" to impede them. It is very possible to both win from an "unlucky" placement and lose from a "lucky one."

It sounds like you have a guild of capable fighters. Learn from this, start to develop and apply a battle strategy and you'll probably do great as your cities grow. This wasn't a massive Injustice, it was a suggestion your team isn't planning properly or being aggressive enough to win the war.

UnStopaBull

Because this isn't a spectator sport, but a participatory sport. We don't sit around and watch, we're all engaged in it. And unequal matches aren't as fun for the people participating. Isn't GE more interesting when there's actually competition? And that's just a race.

our guild is a powerhouse in GE and now for the third week in a row we have somehow “randomly” been matched where we will need to get to 133% in two days Or less To win. How do you think our guilds lower members are doing with that? Challenge is one things , unfair is another. Inno likes to be random and in doing so has also been very unfair lately. Our new SaaB goods are at 150K for 4 and less than 50K for the other because Inno decidEd to give SCs requiring just one good on 90% of our tiles requiring saab. This has added unnecessary stress to our guild but like all things InnO , we just have to suck it up and deal with it.

constantly screwing guilds with obstacles justified in the name of randomness does not exactly create positive feelings toward a company looking to make money from its customers.

RazorbackPirate

our guild is a powerhouse in GE and now for the third week in a row we have somehow “randomly” been matched where we will need to get to 133% in two days Or less To win. How do you think our guilds lower members are doing with that? Challenge is one things , unfair is another. Inno likes to be random and in doing so has also been very unfair lately. Our new SaaB goods are at 150K for 4 and less than 50K for the other because Inno decidEd to give SCs requiring just one good on 90% of our tiles requiring saab. This has added unnecessary stress to our guild but like all things InnO , we just have to suck it up and deal with it.

constantly screwing guilds with obstacles justified in the name of randomness does not exactly create positive feelings toward a company looking to make money from its customers.
There is nothing unfair about any of this, and to complain about it is just dumb. But I'm sure there's someone at Inno just looking to see how they can screw you this week. Please. Get over it already.

UnStopaBull

There is nothing unfair about any of this, and to complain about it is just dumb. But I'm sure there's someone at Inno just looking to see how they can screw you this week. Please. Get over it already.

im am already extremely tired of all your replies on this site that want to dismiss anyones thoughts other than your own.

image you had 100 of 5 different color coins that you have been saving diligently because you needed them all to buy a very essential item. One day though the place you buy from only let’s you buy with one color but you needed the item to survive. You quickly deplete this one color coin and now have to pray the next week the store owner doesn’t do this again or you will be unable to afford this essential item despite having a large surplus in the 4 other coins.

or if you are the best boxer In the world And normally after a extremely hard title fight you get time to recover and heal but for some reason you are forced to fight a top contender 3-4 weeks in a row with no time to recover, after years and years of this not being the case. Eventually you lose not because the fighter you face was better but Because you have had no time to recover.

if this was the reality in any other situation in life people would be mad , sure you will find a way to say just get over it.

Last edited:

Aggressor

im am already extremely tired of all your replies on this site that want to dismiss anyones thoughts other than your own.
100% Agree with you @UnStopaBull , people like @RazorbackPirate only ever think about what they want from the game, they never stop to see the other side. He wasn't the one to have a GBG win stolen from him by an unfair system, or to have the constant GE struggle that you do, so it's easy for him to say get over it. I don't think I've ever seen one supportive thing from him on this forum. If he isn't the one being affected, he and others trash the idea in hopes that Inno won't change the game for us. At the end of the day, we're all trying to have fun playing a game, and having unfair situations in GB and GE is not fun at all.

RazorbackPirate

image you had 100 of 5 different color coins that you have been saving diligently because you needed them all to buy a very essential item. One day though the place you buy from only let’s you buy with one color but you needed the item to survive. You quickly deplete this one color coin and now have to pray the next week the store owner doesn’t do this again or you will be unable to afford this essential item despite having a large surplus in the 4 other coins.

or if you are the best boxer In the world And normally after a extremely hard title fight you get time to recover and heal but for some reason you are forced to fight a top contender 3-4 weeks in a row with no time to recover, after years and years of this not being the case. Eventually you lose not because the fighter you face was better but Because you have had no time to recover.

if this was the reality in any other situation in life people would be mad , sure you will find a way to say just get over it.
Your analogies are both laughable and nonsensical. Imagine that the system is the way that it is. Deal with it accordingly.
100% Agree with you @UnStopaBull , people like @RazorbackPirate only ever think about what they want from the game, they never stop to see the other side. He wasn't the one to have a GBG win stolen from him by an unfair system, or to have the constant GE struggle that you do, so it's easy for him to say get over it. I don't think I've ever seen one supportive thing from him on this forum. If he isn't the one being affected, he and others trash the idea in hopes that Inno won't change the game for us. At the end of the day, we're all trying to have fun playing a game, and having unfair situations in GB and GE is not fun at all.
Sorry, I'm not supportive of whining. I also notice no one ever comes here to complain when they're on the benefit side of the equation. Where is @UnStopaBull's complaint when they're matched with guilds in GE that will give them an easy win? There is none. It's all good when you're the one who benefits, when it breaks the other way, its suddenly unfair.

Same with the OP. No complaint when they're winning, but as soon as they don't, the system is unfair and their win was 'stolen' from them. It's so disingenuous, it's laughable.

I'm also affected by these same systems all the time. Sometimes we're on a GBG map that sets us at a numerical disadvantage, sometimes we're not. Sometimes we're up against a guild in GE that requires us to go beyond our capabilities to get 1st, sometimes we're not. I simply deal with it and move on. I've no sympathy for those who can't. Zero.

Aggressor

Imagine that the system is the way that it is. Deal with it accordingly.
Imagine that the system doesn't have to be the way it is.
Sorry, I'm not supportive of whining. I also notice no one ever comes here to complain when they're on the benefit side of the equation. Where is @UnStopaBull's complaint when they're matched with guilds in GE that will give them an easy win? There is none. It's all good when you're the one who benefits, when it breaks the other way, its suddenly unfair.
Well, we may not be upset if it works in our advantage, nobody would be. But somebody is always cheated, and we are simply pointing it out. If we advantage from the unfairness, yay for us, we won, but somebody else is upset. The unfairness is always there, it just selects different guilds different times, and it shouldn't. Every guild should be given an equal chance, no variables.

RazorbackPirate

Imagine that the system doesn't have to be the way it is. We are Inno's customers, we can request changes if we don't like the way things are.

Well, we may not be upset if it works in our advantage, nobody would be. But somebody is always cheated, and we are simply pointing it out. If we advantage from the unfairness, yay for us, we won, but somebody else is upset. The unfairness is always there, it just selects different guilds different times, and it shouldn't. Every guild should be given an equal chance, no variables.
While you can certainly request changes, I can certainly oppose them. Do you think having all things equal is not something Inno already considered and tossed to the curb? Have you not considered that adding the current variability required extra development to add it? Does that point to it being an oversight, or intentional?

Stop with the trigger words. No one's being cheated, it's not unfair. Everyone deals with the same randomized system. Sometimes it works to our advantage, sometimes it doesn't. If there's any upset, it's because of your inability to deal with it. That's not Inno's problem, nor mine.

Aggressor

While you can certainly request changes, I can certainly oppose them. Do you think having all things equal is not something Inno already considered and tossed to the curb? Have you not considered that adding the current variability required extra development to add it? Does that point to it being an oversight, or intentional?

Stop with the trigger words. No one's being cheated, it's not unfair. Everyone deals with the same randomized system. Sometimes it works to our advantage, sometimes it doesn't. If there's any upset, it's because of your inability to deal with it. That's not Inno's problem, nor mine.
It is Inno's problem because they designed Battlegrounds to have the Victory Point advantages. Didn't they see this coming? You would think they would realize that making the unfair victory points amounts would not be taken well when they made it. If they did extra development to make BG unfair, that's their problem to deal with. And literally none of it matters to you, you aren't the one alerting Inno of the problem, and you're not the one doing the work of fixing it, so why did you jump all over this topic? It makes no sense. If I have a problem with BG, I'll alert Inno since they ASK for feedback. I gave them the feedback and then you decided that your opinion is the only one that matters and you jumped all over it. I alerted Inno of the problem, not you. I hope Inno decides to look into the problem and deal with it. You trying to get in the way isn't doing me any favors, and it isn't doing Inno any either.