• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG Sector Victory Points Being Uneven Cost My Guild A Win

RazorbackPirate

It is Inno's problem because they designed Battlegrounds to have the Victory Point advantages. Didn't they see this coming? You would think they would realize that making the unfair victory points amounts would not be taken well when they made it. If they did extra development to make BG unfair, that's their problem to deal with. And literally none of it matters to you, you aren't the one alerting Inno of the problem, and you're not the one doing the work of fixing it, so why did you jump all over this topic? It makes no sense. If I have a problem with BG, I'll alert Inno since they ASK for feedback. I gave them the feedback and then you decided that your opinion is the only one that matters and you jumped all over it. I alerted Inno of the problem, not you. I hope Inno decides to look into the problem and deal with it. You trying to get in the way isn't doing me any favors, and it isn't doing Inno any either.
It's not a problem simply because you say so. In each round there is a variation in the points of each province and the number of buildings that can be built on each province. Inno certainly saw it coming, they specifically designed GBG to work this way. That is not opinion, that is fact. And it's only unfair when you're on the wrong side of it.

Knowing that was the case, why didn't you take a few extra provinces? Why didn't you build a few Banners, Statues, or Palaces to boost the points on the provinces you already held? You said in your original post you saw it coming, yet you chose to do nothing. And because you chose to do nothing, it's now Inno's fault? Why didn't you make the choices you needed to make to win?

Aggressor

It's not a problem simply because you say so. In each round there is a variation in the points of each province and the number of buildings that can be built on each province. Inno certainly saw it coming, they specifically designed GBG to work this way. That is not opinion, that is fact. And it's only unfair when you're on the wrong side of it.

Knowing that was the case, why didn't you take a few extra provinces? Why didn't you build a few Banners, Statues, or Palaces to boost the points on the provinces you already held? You said in your original post you saw it coming, yet you chose to do nothing. And because you chose to do nothing, it's now Inno's fault? Why didn't you make the choices you needed to make to win?
You need to read this whole topic to understand. This was in my alternate world where we are a small guild with new members, we cant afford buildings, all of our treasury goods go into unlocking difficulty 2 of GE, plus an occasional GvG siege army. Thats all we can afford. As far as not taking extra sectors, you also need to read the whole thread here. We only have the firepower to make it to the middle, and nothing else.

TotalTrash

So, as you may know, in BG there are certain 'rings' of sectors. The middle ones, then the ones around them, then the ones around them, etc. In my opinion, the Victory Points per hour of all of these need to be even.

Sure, the GBG map should be balanced. The 12 o'clock spot is the worst spot because all the surrounding provinces are nearly worthless and don't have slots for structures, and of course, that disadvantaged starting position goes to the lowest ranked guild, which usually is also one of the smallest. Smaller guilds are intentionally being eliminated because metrics have shown that players in larger guilds spend more money due to increased peer pressure - not just here, but in many other games as well.

You are right and you have my sympathies, but almost nobody cares here!
Inno certainly doesn't care, they only care about profit - make an argument how they can make more, and they might listen.
The players on here don't care either: they will blame you, belittle you, and make you as miserable as they possibly can because such is their character. Fairness? Reason? Logic? Critical thinking? It's the same on every game forum - pearls before swine as they say. ;)

Aggressor

Sure, the GBG map should be balanced. The 12 o'clock spot is the worst spot because all the surrounding provinces are nearly worthless and don't have slots for structures, and of course, that disadvantaged starting position goes to the lowest ranked guild, which usually is also one of the smallest. Smaller guilds are intentionally being eliminated because metrics have shown that players in larger guilds spend more money due to increased peer pressure - not just here, but in many other games as well.

You are right and you have my sympathies, but almost nobody cares here!
Inno certainly doesn't care, they only care about profit - make an argument how they can make more, and they might listen.
The players on here don't care either: they will blame you, belittle you, and make you as miserable as they possibly can because such is their character. Fairness? Reason? Logic? Critical thinking? It's the same on every game forum - pearls before swine as they say. ;)
Very true, and thanks for being factual and kind in your reply. You're reason makes the most sense of any other reason I've heard from any other players. :)

RazorbackPirate

You need to read this whole topic to understand. This was in my alternate world where we are a small guild with new members, we cant afford buildings, all of our treasury goods go into unlocking difficulty 2 of GE, plus an occasional GvG siege army. Thats all we can afford. As far as not taking extra sectors, you also need to read the whole thread here. We only have the firepower to make it to the middle, and nothing else.
And next round you're likely to get the better provinces. You win some, you lose some. Deal with it. The way the system is structured overall, you lose more rounds than you'll win. Get used to it.
This may have been true in your last round, but this is not true in every round. While the lowest ranked guild will always be assigned the 12 o'clock position, the points assigned to the surrounding provinces and the number of building spots available will vary from round to round. As such, any supposition based on your flawed knowledge of the system is also flawed.

I agree that larger players in larger guilds tend to spend more diamonds, but they do so to get more rewards, not because of peer pressure. Rewards are also why players are choosing to leave smaller guilds to join larger guilds. When the rewards from Gold league are half that of Diamond league, anyone interested in maximizing their rewards will ditch their small Gold league guild to join a larger Diamond league guild. Especially if the small guild has no interest in growing large.

Given the choice to get 5 FPs for an advancement or 10 FPs for an advancement, when that advancement costs me the same amount of resources, why would I choose to stay with a guild where I will only get 5 FPs? I wouldn't. Yes, GBG rewards favor larger guilds and larger players. Because of this, small guilds are dying as players migrate to larger guilds.

Aggressor

I agree that larger players in larger guilds tend to spend more diamonds, but they do so to get more rewards, not because of peer pressure. Rewards are also why players are choosing to leave smaller guilds to join larger guilds. When the rewards from Gold league are half that of Diamond league, anyone interested in maximizing their rewards will ditch their small Gold league guild to join a larger Diamond league guild. Especially if the small guild has no interest in growing large.

Given the choice to get 5 FPs for an advancement or 10 FPs for an advancement, when that advancement costs me the same amount of resources, why would I choose to stay with a guild where I will only get 5 FPs? I wouldn't. Yes, GBG rewards favor larger guilds and larger players. Because of this, small guilds are dying as players migrate to larger guilds.
Yep. 100% true. That doesn't benefit someone like me trying to build my own big guild because no players will join my guild for BG. I'm forced to build myself, my guildmates and my guild from the ground up without the direct aid of better players, and no resources accept game knowledge. It's very challenging, I sure don't need any more challenges in BG keeping us from growing our guild. :)

Vger

As a small guild with a very limited treasury, and lots of new members, you may be vastly overestimating the importance of coming in 1'st rather than second.

If I did the math right, it cost you this:
20K guild power.
4 SOH fragments per guild member.
50 LPs.

Are any of those really that significant? Or is this just an ego thing? The extra 50 LPs might even do you more harm than good next season, if coming in 1'st is that important to you.

Use GBG to build up your guild power and rank.
Use GBG to get SOH's in everyone's city so you can unlock more than GE2 every week.
Use GBG for personal rewards (even if they are way less than in diamond league).
Use GBG to grow your guild.

Don't use GBG to brag about how awesome your guild must be when you came in 1'st.
Don't use GBG to complain about how unfair the game is when you came in 2'nd.

Aggressor

As a small guild with a very limited treasury, and lots of new members, you may be vastly overestimating the importance of coming in 1'st rather than second.

If I did the math right, it cost you this:
20K guild power.
4 SOH fragments per guild member.
50 LPs.

Are any of those really that significant? Or is this just an ego thing? The extra 50 LPs might even do you more harm than good next season, if coming in 1'st is that important to you.

Use GBG to build up your guild power and rank.
Use GBG to get SOH's in everyone's city so you can unlock more than GE2 every week.
Use GBG for personal rewards (even if they are way less than in diamond league).

Don't use GBG to brag about how awesome your guild must be when you came in 1'st.
Don't use GBG to complain about how unfair the game is when you came in 2'nd.

I am using GBG to grow the guild for sure. We are better than silver league, we belong in gold league, but thats it. The 50 LPs would've helped us get into gold league where as @RazorbackPirate mentioned, there are better rewards, to help grow our guild and it's members. So that is why losing BG matters.

RazorbackPirate

I am using GBG to grow the guild for sure. We are better than silver league, we belong in gold league, but thats it. The 50 LPs would've helped us get into gold league where as @RazorbackPirate mentioned, there are better rewards, to help grow our guild and it's members. So that is why losing BG matters.
Which means you're delayed from Gold for one more round. In a game of years, 2 weeks doesn't really matter. You'll get there, keep working it.

-Sebastian-

I would suggest that, if a small imbalance in the map kept you out of gold league, then it might be a bit hasty to say that you "belong in gold league". Maybe if the map were more balanced, or tilted in your favor, the other guilds would have tried harder. Or maybe one of your players would have gotten sick, or maybe one of their players would have come back from vacation early. There's a lot of stuff that can happen, and victory isn't guaranteed to anyone, nor does anyone "deserve" it. If you came in 2nd rather than 1st, and that 50 LP difference kept you out of gold, then it shouldn't be too hard to get at least 50 LP this season, so all it really did is delay gold by 2 weeks. And that's not such a big deal in the long run, is it? :)

TotalTrash

This may have been true in your last round, but this is not true in every round. While the lowest ranked guild will always be assigned the 12 o'clock position, the points assigned to the surrounding provinces and the number of building spots available will vary from round to round. As such, any supposition based on your flawed knowledge of the system is also flawed.

Sorry, that's false. I keep track of the positions in every round since GBG was introduced. The 12 o'clock is always disadvantaged, regardless of variations.

It's the other way around! Because players cannot get the rewards in smaller guilds, they will join larger ones. Once they are in a larger guild, they will spend more money to keep up with the Joneses. That's the business plan! :)

That's right!
There are two ways to perceive a guild - either as a community, or as a tool for personal advancement. If one views it like the former, GBG is undoubtedly unfair and unbalanced, but if one sees it as the latter and goes where the grass is greener, the imbalance is actually to their advantage. Inno counts on that, and in my experience, that will pay off!

UBERhelp1

Don't know if this has been said already, but looking at various battlegrounds I'm in, it seems like the point values of sectors are actually randomized, within a set range. Not 100% sure about this though, as I'm looking at different league battlegrounds.

[EDIT] It seems to be that way with building slots as well.

Last edited:

Agent327

Don't know if this has been said already, but looking at various battlegrounds I'm in, it seems like the point values of sectors are actually randomized, within a set range. Not 100% sure about this though, as I'm looking at different league battlegrounds.

[EDIT] It seems to be that way with building slots as well.

It has been said already.

Problem is that those that feel cheated by the system simply ignore it. Same with the RNG and random. If it does not go your way it no longer is random and the system is broke, or Inno is cheating to force you to buy diamonds.

BruteForceAttack

Sorry, that's false. I keep track of the positions in every round since GBG was introduced. The 12 o'clock is always disadvantaged, regardless of variations.

Not true in our case in this round of GBG.

12'0
Points/slots
3rd ring = 62/1, 72/2, 79/2
2nd ring = 116/3, 94/1, 99/3
1st ring = 168/3, 118/3

8'0 our base
3rd ring = 64/1, 60/1, 63/2
2nd ring = 66/3, 65/1, 75 2
1st ring = 168/3, 142/2

Taixun

It sounds like you lost not because of any unfairness in GBG, but you lost because of poor strategy, or your in too high of a league. If you do not have sufficient guild goods, and/or cannot attack beyond a certain point, you’re not ready for gold or higher.

I say that coming from a small guild (6-10 members) that have been to diamond, and play in platinum currently. We were in the 12 o’clock position last diamond round - did not feel disadvantaged. Good strategy is important - ie, attack your competition! If you can’t take their sectors, reducing their hourly VP while increasing your own, how can you hope to win. Playing defensively without negotiating with other guilds will guarantee you loose.

And again, if you can’t afford to build siege towers, stay in bronze/silver, work on your Arc/Observatory/Atomium levels until you can afford buildings.

Aggressor

It sounds like you lost not because of any unfairness in GBG, but you lost because of poor strategy, or your in too high of a league. If you do not have sufficient guild goods, and/or cannot attack beyond a certain point, you’re not ready for gold or higher.
Why I think we are prepared for gold league is because we dominated the sliver league map. We in both the BG that this topic was about and the one goin on right now have been dominant. Last time's BG, the other guild that won over us went to Gold League, and if the victory points hadn't been uneven, we would've too. This BG, we own a middle sector already and the two sectors between ours and the middle. Our next closest competition owns one sector and hasn't started on their second, and everyone else doesn't even have a sector yet. I'd say that we are beyond silver league level
I say that coming from a small guild (6-10 members) that have been to diamond, and play in platinum currently. We were in the 12 o’clock position last diamond round - did not feel disadvantaged. Good strategy is important - ie, attack your competition! If you can’t take their sectors, reducing their hourly VP while increasing your own, how can you hope to win. Playing defensively without negotiating with other guilds will guarantee you loose.
First, How many members does your guild have?
Second, we are in 6:00, not 12:00, I mentioned that earlier in the topic I believe.
Third, we did attack our competition, but it was on the last day and we didn't have time to take their sector.
Fourth, we did negotiate with another guild, but they were too inactive to make a difference. They stopped advancing after one sector.
And again, if you can’t afford to build siege towers, stay in bronze/silver, work on your Arc/Observatory/Atomium levels until you can afford buildings.
We are doing that actually, I am assigning each guildmate to getting a specific GB so that we all can level it for them and take prints, the Arc is our #1 priority. There is one problem keeping us from building buildings. We are mostly Iron Age, I have no intention of aging up either, and our most active member is Iron Age. But we have some EMA players that are making the buildings cost EMA goods. We have some Iron Age goods stocked, but no EMA goods. And they are low on goods and can't afford to donate to the treasury. Right now, all of our good go into level 2 of GE. Gold league could help solve this problem since it awards more statues of honor fragments.

In conclusion, we are a gold league ready guild because we are doing far better than most of our silver league competition. I would not agree with your bad strategy analysis, but you can think whatever you like. This BG we have the exact same large disadvantage, I am hoping it doesn't play a role in the outcome, but I was and am still very frustrated from that BG. We poured a lot of hard work into it and for a guild of Iron Age and EMA players and only a few of them active, that was a lot to give. Losing from a point difference that if our points had been the same as their would have meant a win for us was really awful.

Taixun

Please keep in mind I'm just trying to help, not trying to be insulting or anything like that :)

Why I think we are prepared for gold league is because we dominated the sliver league map. We in both the BG that this topic was about and the one goin on right now have been dominant. Last time's BG, the other guild that won over us went to Gold League, and if the victory points hadn't been uneven, we would've too. This BG, we own a middle sector already and the two sectors between ours and the middle. Our next closest competition owns one sector and hasn't started on their second, and everyone else doesn't even have a sector yet. I'd say that we are beyond silver league level
If you're dominating silver, yeah, perhaps gold will be a better fit. Still, if you're complaining a win was taken by another guild simply because of the map layout... you may need to adjust your strategy to take into account other guilds actually competing for positions... it's one thing to roll over other guilds who aren't playing, its another to actively compete against others for first... and based on what you just said, others you're against in silver aren't even competing.

First, How many members does your guild have?
Second, we are in 6:00, not 12:00, I mentioned that earlier in the topic I believe.
Third, we did attack our competition, but it was on the last day and we didn't have time to take their sector.
Fourth, we did negotiate with another guild, but they were too inactive to make a difference. They stopped advancing after one sector.
1) I kind of said it already, but to provide more details - we had 6 members when we played in diamond league a couple rounds ago. We've grown to 11 members at the moment in the current GBG round in platinum (only 10 actually play GBG though).

2) The position you're in really doesn't matter in the long run. we started at 12:00 in diamond, 7:00 last round, and are at 3:00 this round (platinum)... and this round, the 3:00 sucks. Low victory points, low building slots. Still, we are doing fine. Negotiated with the guild next to us (and really, all other guilds to a point), and the two of us are first/second currently. Point is, even with a crappy sector, we branched to the other side of the map, and just keep sectors over there, where the points are better. And we based which sectors to go after based on responses from reaching out to other guilds (more on this on #4)... Having a poor starting sector only really matters the first day or two, when you have to break out without siege towers. Once you get rolling, it doesn't matter if you get cut off from home, just use siege towers and rotate around where the points are good.

3) Attacking the last day is not effective. Need to be attacking your competition early on. As I said before, poor strategy, and your statement here just shows it. More on this later.

4) Negotiating with one guild also is ineffective. Negotiate with them all. Reach out to all of them. We've done that most rounds. Responses vary, you may be ignored, some may say they are taking a break this round, some may want to trade sectors back and forth, etc. But if you dont reach out to everyone, you can't form an effective strategy to handle the map and other guilds. And often enough, most guilds just want to farm personal rewards. Offering to swap sectors benefits everyone, so many are inclined to agree (if they can afford the guild goods at least - and if they can't they aren't a threat anyway)

We are doing that actually, I am assigning each guildmate to getting a specific GB so that we all can level it for them and take prints, the Arc is our #1 priority. There is one problem keeping us from building buildings. We are mostly Iron Age, I have no intention of aging up either, and our most active member is Iron Age. But we have some EMA players that are making the buildings cost EMA goods. We have some Iron Age goods stocked, but no EMA goods. And they are low on goods and can't afford to donate to the treasury. Right now, all of our good go into level 2 of GE. Gold league could help solve this problem since it awards more statues of honor fragments.
I totally get that. Iron age is a great age to camp and level an Arc. And I also get having guild members who are "one-offs" at an age where you have few goods, and they don't contribute much. Can't help much here, other than if you really want to remain "competitive" at the higher leagues, you may need to either tell them to step it up, or boot them. We have a similar issue in my current guild actually... though we're going the route to help level their Arcs as fast as we can. But we have several lv80 Arcs, so can afford to do this...

Relying on SoH fragments wont help. It'll take months, or longer, to get enough to make a difference. One level of SoH is 10 guild goods... which is the same as adding a single level of Arc/Observatory/Atomium. Each level of one of those GBs gives you +2 of each guild good... so 10 altogether like a SoH level (I don't know why, but GB guild goods are shown as +x of each good, and non-GB guild good buildings are +x total guild goods... so need to multiply/divide by 5 to compare). Even if you can gain 2 full levels of SoH in gold each round (easily doable if in a good farming situation, can get even more this way actually if ou can build lots of Siege Towers), in those two weeks, I'm sure you could have leveled a GB by 2 levels as well, or even more. Of course, doing both is good too... but I'd still say leveling your Arc is more important that getting more SoH. It'll help your members more personally, and the guild as well...

In conclusion, we are a gold league ready guild because we are doing far better than most of our silver league competition. I would not agree with your bad strategy analysis, but you can think whatever you like. This BG we have the exact same large disadvantage, I am hoping it doesn't play a role in the outcome, but I was and am still very frustrated from that BG. We poured a lot of hard work into it and for a guild of Iron Age and EMA players and only a few of them active, that was a lot to give. Losing from a point difference that if our points had been the same as their would have meant a win for us was really awful.
Sure, based on what you said, you may belong in gold league, but you can't treat it like silver. Also based on what you said, you really do need to rethink your strategy. Attacking competition the last day wont have any effect. You need to be constantly keeping track of the delta between your guild and others throughout the round - know how many LPs/hr you need to be at in order to catch up to others, and for others to catch up to you (ie, basic math -> [Your total FPS - Their total FPS] divided by [number of hours left]). If you need to be 100 lps/hr higher than them, you need to capture sectors of theirs worth a total of at least 50, preferably higher, cause they will just capture them back. You need to constantly put pressure on them, and stay near their total LPs throughout the game. You can't simply hope to catch up the last day. If you're into investing (stocks/options), look into the concept of "theta". As time goes on, changing of LPS/hr will have less and less impact on the final result. Time remaining is a very important factor to keep in mind (both in stock options, and in GBG ;))

Just to add at the end, I'm not saying my guild is "the best/so great at GBG", I'm just trying to convey what has worked quite well for us. If we come up against a top guild in diamond, with 80 players, we will be crushed if that's what they desire. We just aren't big enough to compete at that level. But in such cases, our goal is just to offer to swap a couple sectors back and forth... we hold onto 1-2 sectors, fill with siege towers, and every 4 hours, we rotate the surrounding sectors with them. Most larger guilds are often happy to do this, as it allows them to farm more rewards than if we had just sat in our home sector and done nothing. Occasionally though, may get a guild that just wants to dominate... and in that case, it a good time to just take a break, rebuild guild good reserves, etc ;)

Aggressor

Please keep in mind I'm just trying to help, not trying to be insulting or anything like that :)
Yes. I completely get that. There are the people here that love trashing ideas and topics, and then there's people like you. I know the difference ;)
If you're dominating silver, yeah, perhaps gold will be a better fit. Still, if you're complaining a win was taken by another guild simply because of the map layout... you may need to adjust your strategy to take into account other guilds actually competing for positions... it's one thing to roll over other guilds who aren't playing, its another to actively compete against others for first... and based on what you just said, others you're against in silver aren't even competing.
Yes, you are correct. And I think a big part of it is that the guild was right next to us. It was basically a race, side by side, we take a sector, they take thier corresponding sector. I elected not to attack them for two reasons.
1: The middle sectors were worth more.
2: Since they had already started on the sectors that we would take, after we took it they would be able to take it from us with a head start. Once they took the two middle sectors on their sides, I attacked their middle sector, for the reasons you mention and that they are worth the most victory points.

1) I kind of said it already, but to provide more details - we had 6 members when we played in diamond league a couple rounds ago. We've grown to 11 members at the moment in the current GBG round in platinum (only 10 actually play GBG though).

Sorry, when I first posted my post up there I said "What level are your players", I forgot when I edited it.

2) The position you're in really doesn't matter in the long run. we started at 12:00 in diamond, 7:00 last round, and are at 3:00 this round (platinum)... and this round, the 3:00 sucks. Low victory points, low building slots. Still, we are doing fine. Negotiated with the guild next to us (and really, all other guilds to a point), and the two of us are first/second currently. Point is, even with a crappy sector, we branched to the other side of the map, and just keep sectors over there, where the points are better. And we based which sectors to go after based on responses from reaching out to other guilds (more on this on #4)... Having a poor starting sector only really matters the first day or two, when you have to break out without siege towers. Once you get rolling, it doesn't matter if you get cut off from home, just use siege towers and rotate around where the points are good.

As I said up there, it was probably because it was a side by side that this mattered a lot to me.

3) Attacking the last day is not effective. Need to be attacking your competition early on. As I said before, poor strategy, and your statement here just shows it. More on this later.

Correct as I figured out lol.

4) Negotiating with one guild also is ineffective. Negotiate with them all. Reach out to all of them. We've done that most rounds. Responses vary, you may be ignored, some may say they are taking a break this round, some may want to trade sectors back and forth, etc. But if you dont reach out to everyone, you can't form an effective strategy to handle the map and other guilds. And often enough, most guilds just want to farm personal rewards. Offering to swap sectors benefits everyone, so many are inclined to agree (if they can afford the guild goods at least - and if they can't they aren't a threat anyway)

Why I only negotiated with one guild is because they were the only one that was active. It was no use to reach out to a guild that hasn't even done one encounter.

Relying on SoH fragments wont help. It'll take months, or longer, to get enough to make a difference. One level of SoH is 10 guild goods... which is the same as adding a single level of Arc/Observatory/Atomium. Each level of one of those GBs gives you +2 of each guild good... so 10 altogether like a SoH level (I don't know why, but GB guild goods are shown as +x of each good, and non-GB guild good buildings are +x total guild goods... so need to multiply/divide by 5 to compare). Even if you can gain 2 full levels of SoH in gold each round (easily doable if in a good farming situation, can get even more this way actually if ou can build lots of Siege Towers), in those two weeks, I'm sure you could have leveled a GB by 2 levels as well, or even more. Of course, doing both is good too... but I'd still say leveling your Arc is more important that getting more SoH. It'll help your members more personally, and the guild as well...
Yes, also correct. We don't have any OBS either. I wouldn't say we rely on the SoH, but the sooner everyone gets is the better.
Sure, based on what you said, you may belong in gold league, but you can't treat it like silver. Also based on what you said, you really do need to rethink your strategy. Attacking competition the last day wont have any effect. You need to be constantly keeping track of the delta between your guild and others throughout the round - know how many LPs/hr you need to be at in order to catch up to others, and for others to catch up to you (ie, basic math -> [Your total FPS - Their total FPS] divided by [number of hours left]). If you need to be 100 lps/hr higher than them, you need to capture sectors of theirs worth a total of at least 50, preferably higher, cause they will just capture them back. You need to constantly put pressure on them, and stay near their total LPs throughout the game. You can't simply hope to catch up the last day. If you're into investing (stocks/options), look into the concept of "theta". As time goes on, changing of LPS/hr will have less and less impact on the final result. Time remaining is a very important factor to keep in mind (both in stock options, and in GBG ;))
Once we reach Gold League, I will change my strategy. But for now in Silver, our strategy would've worked last BG, and it is this time. In Gold League I will negotiate with other guilds more and attack competition.

And as to your final paragraph, I totally understand. If you are a small guild in Diamond League, you're doing something right.