• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Get your first two great buildings in less than a month

DevaCat

Thanks! so the only thing I’m not clear on when you level up you can trade BPs? I grinded a bit more yesterday and I got one more CDM so only need one cdm and two COA BPs. I can probably 2:1 exchange and hopefully get lucky on both. But I figured why waste them if I cannot build them yet anyway. I revised my city I know OrAcle is a waste but it was giving me the supplies RQ with my Fruit Farm.

i revised my layout when I expanded at first I wasn’t thinking about the geometry of the layout so that is why the soccer fields are parked in the Un-square.

View attachment 16484
Yep, I wouldn't do the 2:1 exchange either.
I've still got the Oracle in my LMA city -- I know, it's dumb, but Zeus gets lonely!

The layout's a lot better. You might be able to swap the Lighthouse over to the end of the soccer fields and get the longhouse reconnected? My eyesight sucks so I can't tell for sure! Good job.

Lokisurfer

Yep, I wouldn't do the 2:1 exchange either.
I've still got the Oracle in my LMA city -- I know, it's dumb, but Zeus gets lonely!

The layout's a lot better. You might be able to swap the Lighthouse over to the end of the soccer fields and get the longhouse reconnected? My eyesight sucks so I can't tell for sure! Good job.
Thanks and you were right! I was able to connect and add another blacksmith to even them out.

SirTofT

Yep - fair enough!
I just started my city on 7/31/2020 9:10 am est.
I am in Tuulech. Lady Gato, Please friend me!!!
I did some research before starting this game and found this thread. (I've been reading it all weekend...lol)
I have been following the GLARG strategy and to this point I have been pretty successful.
I have BluePrints BP for 27 buildings. Completed Tower of Babel and Oracle of Delphi.
I have a good understanding of Glarging and plan to build my foundation for a couple of weeks.
However, in the Events game, I am asked to fight a medium sized army. Should I sell a few blacksmiths and build troop camps?
If so, which camps should I build?
I have attached a screenshot of my city. 40 Blacksmiths!!!BAsetup.jpg

Lady Gato

I just started my city on 7/31/2020 9:10 am est.
SNIP
I have BluePrints BP for 27 buildings. Completed Tower of Babel and Oracle of Delphi.
SNIP
However, in the Events game, I am asked to fight a medium sized army. Should I sell a few blacksmiths and build troop camps?
If so, which camps should I build?
SNIP

Very nice start ! You certainly have been putting glarging to the test. Awesome about the GBs - you are manually polivating instead of using the aid button?

First thing I would say - DON't put down that Colosseum ! I haven't met anyone yet who advocates putting that one down early or ever.

Second - look at the army you are facing - if it is medium sized it might be a 2 wave army and that may be too much for you to tackle if you haven't done any battling at all. I used spearfighters and slingers mostly - 2 barracks of each. Horsies don't last for me and the stone throwers will die if they are sneezed on. I didn't have much luck using warriors - I found spear did better. If you are going to do events, you need an army as that is usually at least 1-2 quests. But for bronze - is there an alternate to the medium size army?

Are you moving any on the cmap? Are you just negotiating? You need to take those opportunities to learn how to battle manually. When you get to the settlements part of the game, the Egypt settlement requires you to battle every day in order to continue building the settlement. Autobattle doesn't work in Egypt.

I've got to go - send me a friend request in Tuulech. I am all out of friend invites.

SirTofT

Very nice start ! You certainly have been putting glarging to the test. Awesome about the GBs - you are manually polivating instead of using the aid button?

First thing I would say - DON't put down that Colosseum ! I haven't met anyone yet who advocates putting that one down early or ever.

Second - look at the army you are facing - if it is medium sized it might be a 2 wave army and that may be too much for you to tackle if you haven't done any battling at all. I used spearfighters and slingers mostly - 2 barracks of each. Horsies don't last for me and the stone throwers will die if they are sneezed on. I didn't have much luck using warriors - I found spear did better. If you are going to do events, you need an army as that is usually at least 1-2 quests. But for bronze - is there an alternate to the medium size army?

Are you moving any on the cmap? Are you just negotiating? You need to take those opportunities to learn how to battle manually. When you get to the settlements part of the game, the Egypt settlement requires you to battle every day in order to continue building the settlement. Autobattle doesn't work in Egypt.

I've got to go - send me a friend request in Tuulech. I am all out of friend invites.
I hit the Aid button. Is there a difference if you actually go to the city and Polish or Motivate?

Nicholas002

I hit the Aid button. Is there a difference if you actually go to the city and Polish or Motivate?
when you aid a building, there is a chance you will get a BP of that building's age. so if you are seeking specific BPs, you will have more success getting those specific BPs if you aid manually. for example, if you are targeting Castel del Monte (CdM) BPs, you can go and manually motivate buildings from the Late Middle Ages (LMA).

this, however, takes a lot of time, and is super click-intensive, so unless you have a lot of time on your hands, it's not worth it IMO.
if you take this time, you will also get in way fewer RQs from guild-hopping.

I used this Guide to start out a recent city on the Beta server and it worked rather well.
The idea was to use the coins from the huts and aids ect ect to rush to Smithey .
Without spening diamonds I think I got there in around 6 hours , with 5 min breaks after the initial start up.

Vger

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about this event. There are a lot of events in this game (some say too many).
The Fall event will roll around probably sometime mid-September. By then you should have a well established Iron age city. IA is a good age to be in for events.
For know, I would just focus on building the foundation of a great city, which is exactly what you are doing.

Lady Gato

@Nicholas002 Answered your question quite well. And unfortunately I do have too much time on my hands so it's manual for me. If you get down to just needing one bp to get a full set that manual polivating may help you get that last one. Of course there's the spend 200 diamond option or age up to IA so you can put fps on the gbs that are leveling that you want bps for.

DevaCat

@Nicholas002 Answered your question quite well. And unfortunately I do have too much time on my hands so it's manual for me. If you get down to just needing one bp to get a full set that manual polivating may help you get that last one. Of course there's the spend 200 diamond option or age up to IA so you can put fps on the gbs that are leveling that you want bps for.
Agreed on aid button vs manual -- it's a numbers thing and manual m/p just slows it down. I'd resist the urge to spend diamonds for a last bp on any of these earlier GBs. If it was an Arc or CF I would be tempted (and have done so lol), but early on its better to save those diamonds for expansions -- you're going to quickly want more space! Your city's looking good, and just by reading Glarg's guide first you're probably already ahead of 95% of your neighbors. :)

SirTofT

Not sure what you all mean by doing it manually, can you clarify?

SirTofT

I have enough goods, coins and blueprints to build the Tower of Babel.
I'm 3 days and 6 hours into the game.
Should I build it? (To Late...It is built...lol)

Last edited:

Lady Gato

Not sure what you all mean by doing it manually, can you clarify?
Go to each player's city and find a building of the era you want a blue print of -- for example to get an Arc blueprint you would polivate a building/decoration from the future era. Does not matter if a player is currently beyond the Future Era - they may still have a building/decoration of the Future Era.

EDIT: Just because you polivate a desired building does not mean you will actually get an arc blueprint.

Lady Gato

I have enough goods, coins and blueprints to build the Tower of Babel.
I'm 3 days and 6 hours into the game.
Should I build it? (To Late...It is built...lol)
It gives you additional goods and great buildings cannot be plundered (when you are farther in the game you might appreciate that). BUT you are growing your city so quickly there might be a better building for you -- what do you guys/gals think?

SirTofT

Okay, I have built 3 GBs. Babel, Delfi and Zues.
I have 500k Coins and 75k Supplies.
3 GBs built and 2 others with a full set of Blueprints. A total of 350 Blueprints spread over 32 GBs.

Should I advance to the Iron Age or should I start stock piling Wine, Dye, Lumber, Stone and Marble?

Lady Gato

Stockpile: minimum 300 each of BA goods; minimum 50-100 of IA goods (thru trading); minimum 200 fps (in pkgs in inventory). Look at your tech tree and see what goods are required to do your research - architecture research allows you to contribute to other players' GBs. Plowing (which is almost one of the last researches in the tech tree for IA) allows you to access the cultural settlements - and there are some good prizes for doing these. But note some of the researches you do are dead ends - those may be the ones you leave open so you can meet quest requirements later on. Don't research military tactics until you and your city are prepared to be visited by other players' armies.
EDIT: 50-100 IA goods each.

Last edited:

Beer Guy

Hi, don't beat me up too much, even though I may deserve it..
I have been playing the game for 3 days now Glarging all the way. I have 2GBs and many of the other needed BPs for others. I have reached a point that there are not any more guilds that I can just 'join". What can I do.

I think I should also state that I am playing utilizing my Game Center information, I guess this means I have been technically playing as a guest?

Thanks

DevaCat

Hey. First, give Support some time to straighten things out. Having more than one account is a problem (not allowed usually), but they can clear things up and talk you thru the registering process.

You can't take a city to other worlds, but you can start another new city on another world.

I don't remember ever running out of guilds to join when I did Glarging, only running out of larger ones. Seems like if I had gone through all the guilds showing on the social bar, if I left the Guild tab and then returned to it later, it was refreshed with a new set of guilds. Maybe someone who's done it more recently has better info though.

Vger

I have been playing the game for 3 days now Glarging all the way. I have 2GBs and many of the other needed BPs for others. I have reached a point that there are not any more guilds that I can just 'join". What can I do.
Once you leave a guild, you have to wait 7 days to join it again. So in 4 days you can start hitting those guilds again.
I never ran out of guilds, but I guess if you hit it hard enough, you could, especially in a newer world. Are you using just the social bar to find guilds, or are you using the guilds tab on global rankings?