• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

what we are saying is small guilds can do gvg we spent years building our citys attack and defence and we can take on most guilds with 2 people if you spend some time you can all do it also now you are ignorant and should not be in your position when you dont no the game and call players ;iars and try to insult them do your self a favor and just shut up
I believe this to be irrelevant to long term GvG success.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25994

Lazy site owners want to give us another GE as a fix to GvG? I will personally not play it. Seriously...you can negotiate a battle? LOLOLOLOL

Douglas 221

There's nothing wrong with the new feature. The problem I have is that the guild treasuries are being stuffed to almost data overflow with goods beyond FE and quests are still demanding that we donate AF, OF and VF goods. Can't we have a feature so that goods higher than FE can be used either in the AA map or as substitutes for lower era goods? Or the ability to trade guild treasury goods with a "merchant" for lower era goods?

I do think a merchant to sell higher end goods for lower end goods would be a great idea. But, I think they initially set things up after Modern Era for players to continue to have lower end goods buildings to supply their ME goods buildings. It is the players who have taken all of the event buildings and leveled them up so all of the buildings produce current goods and then their GBs like Obs, and Arc produce goods of their age to the guild treasury. So all of the quests wanting us to donate goods of our age to the guild along with all of the many level 80 Arcs are filling up the guilds treasury with higher level goods. I do think the game needs to address this bump they have created beyond Modern Era. If they did a reverse Merchant who we could sell the higher era goods for lower age goods and make quests wanting us to do that... it would help. But I do think the mechanics of the goods going towards opening GE or BG should require a much higher amount of higher age goods. I can only imagine what a guild with 10+ players with level 80 Arcs and lvl 30+ Observatories much have in their treasuries.

i2McAbre

You keep saying "5% 5%" as a way to insult those GVG players.. in Vegas they'd call those players "whales".. those are the people that SPEND THE BIG BUCKS and keep the business making a real profit.

That sounds like the mindset of all the senior citizens that would come into one of my stores and buy the same cup of coffee and the same doughnut everyday for years... Who then expected my staff to bend over backwards and kiss their backsides because if it were not for them coming in everyday... My business would go bankrupt.

I can tell you the same thing I would tell them. Do not for one moment ever think that "The Customer is Always Right"... Because that is a lie they tell little children to make them feel more important about themselves. I would also often tell the most obnoxious customers that they should not let the door hit them where the good lord split them.

For games like this? The small percentage of customers who spend the most $$ chase away a HUGE percentage of new customers... Simply because they can... The "Potential" for greater earnings exists in the larger pool of casual spenders... Not the handful of spoiled fat cats who buy their way to the top of the lists... They do not earn their position... They buy it... So it never has any value to them.

All of the whales can leave the game... No loss... Because the Krill would multiply and their micro purchases would soon surpass any bad day the whales ever had. People would be happier too, because more would have a chance at succeeding without fear that those who buy their way in always win...

Douglas 221

Seriously? A hybrid GE is your fix? LOLOLOLOL

Seriously? What is wrong with getting a hybrid? It sounds more like a hybrid of both GE and GvG. There seems to be aspects of both of those in the new BG. And they are asking for input of players who have been around for ideas to improve it. I dont think your LOLOLOLOLOL comment really does much to help. They do not seem to be doing away with GvG so that part will continue as it is now. GE will continue. And they want to add BG as a way for those people who like one or the other but want more in the game to have something else to work towards.

DeletedUser25994

So..you think people who spend $ to create high attack cities is bad?

DeletedUser14816

Currently GVG is used by the few to just run up their city score. Candy scores -just look at the top players and you know what I mean.
Constant GVG use wastes to many goods to actually get anywhere.
The limitation of only 2 city moves is pointless.

Used to be a great time when you had a late night party and took out half the map. But a few guilds cried about it and the rules got changed to the 2 city move we have.

GVG was setup so that guilds can fight each other. Now it just a stalemate.
Get ride of stupid amount of goods needed to attack and open slots.
Get ride of 2 city move rule.
Get rid of the one reset time for the sector shield. -just make the shield last 1 day.
Then let people have at it.

DeletedUser40368

All of the whales can leave the game... No loss... Because the Krill would multiply and their micro purchases would soon surpass any bad day the whales ever had. People would be happier too, because more would have a chance at succeeding without fear that those who buy their way in always win...

Tell that to the 1%; we've already seen how that theory works in the real world

DeletedUser14522

You can negotiate sectors like you do in GE. This new feature is basically GE 2.0 and is nothing like GvG.
That's not a good thing. GvG is the most fascinating part of the game because it rewards choices and forces other players to make choices. The only draw back is recalc.
Do I build 2 barracks for CE or PME? What DAs do I use to bring the most havoc to my enemy? Are they prepared for what I have produced?
It sounds like this will NOT reward players who make sacrifices out of their current age.
SMART PLAY and TAKING RISKS IS REWARDED IN GvG CURRENTLY!
Bummer - GE is an ehhhh - basically a pacifier for people who don't GvG.

i2McAbre

So..you think people who spend $ to create high attack cities is bad?

Honestly? Yes... I do... Its easy to buy something... It takes effort to earn something. When you earn something it has value far greater than $$. It gives one a sense of accomplishment, pride, self worth, self respect... Contrary to what anyone thinks... You cannot buy those attributes. Do you really think all those yes men and butt kisser who follow millionaires around REALLY like or respect them? Wait... Dont answer that...

They really do not fear them either... They pity them mostly... When they leave for the day and have a real life with real friends..

RazorbackPirate

You obviously are not a fighter? LOLOLOL
You're obviously wrong. LOLOLOL
These noobs that log on and collect and do a little GE only will be off to the next stupid phone app in a month. Do not cater to those types. Fix the gvg for your loyal customers who advanced it this far despite you.
While not as long as you, I'm playing 2 cities for about 18 months now. I fight in GE and PvP and complete GE 4 weekly, the DC daily, all events, and am on my 10 the Viking village, and I don't auto-battle. I'm in GE / GvG guilds in both worlds, one with 58 players and a GE 3 weekly minimum. Despite playing on PC, I've never touched GvG as living on the West Coast makes recalc impossible.

I've always been disappointed that GvG, at best, is inconvenient, plus I've never liked the 'old boys club' nature of the existing system, simply because it excludes the majority of new players who can't even access GvG. Check my Sig. #GvGForAll. Been there for a long time, and I say, it's about time.

Last edited:

Douglas 221

I also have no doubt there'd be more GvG activity if it was available on mobile. I believe over half the player base at this time is mobile-only. Surely some of them would GvG.

! And without GvG they likely wouldn't have been motivated to spend for that edge. It's safe to say there's a bias to GvG appealing to the whales.

I am sorry to say, I think they covered the issue with converting GvG to mobile. It would be extremely difficult to only please a smaller group. I have seen a few people who have heard about GvG and who will hop on their laptop to play GvG. People can still do that for GvG. They have a hard time keeping GvG stable for some of us with just the computer users. I can not imagine if they had to rework things to add only a few more people on mobile. In some cases it is better to just start fresh with a new concept written on the current platform language and make it to work for either mobile or computer.

I am a casual spender who usually only spends to make GE quicker. I dont have any data but I am sure the developers have looked to compare the whales and the casual spenders to note who they should keep happy. They have not said they will discontinue GvG so it keeps the whales happy. They are adding a new feature to the game which would help please those who like to fight for sectors but who also like the GE type play. It sounds like it crosses worlds but keeps similar size and level guilds together. So there is still a rivalry or alliance factor which could take place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.