• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancer

I thought about deleting his but only because of the quote of what use said. More than one of you went off topic and was completely wrong in the way of your responses. Some were straight up inappropriate behavior that needed taken care of. I stand by my decision.

DeletedUser25994

Honestly? Yes... I do... Its easy to buy something... It takes effort to earn something. When you earn something it has value far greater than $$. It gives one a sense of accomplishment, pride, self worth, self respect... Contrary to what anyone thinks... You cannot buy those attributes. Do you really think all those yes men and butt kisser who follow millionaires around REALLY like or respect them? Wait... Dont answer that...

They really do not fear them either... They pity them mostly... When they leave for the day and have a real life with real friends..
This game has prompted many people to spend cash to gain advantage. ummm..events events events events lol. To show them that they are not going to be rewarded for this by trying to kill GvG is not a smart business move. I wonder what the percentage of people who spent cash in all these events did it for GE advantage. hmmm

i2McAbre

Tell that to the 1%; we've already seen how that theory works in the real world

You actually believe that huh? Its the 2% of the 99% who think that way that keep the 1% in power!

Blah Ha Ha!! I just squirted soda out my nose! You are way to funny for your own good!

Back to the topic at hand.

People... This is a game... You are no more or less important a number in the machine then anyone else. Regardless how much money (real or plastic) you have to spend. Nobody care's how much you spend to enjoy YOUR playtime. They do however care when your personal enjoyment interfere's with their's.

You can spend all your money you want too. I dont care. What you do not get to do is mess with my time and my personal enjoyment of a game. But because you do? Players that get tired of it leave. Soon you have nobody to bully around... So you get bored and leave... Then the game goes bankrupt like so many others.

So no Moby... You do not get catered to just because you spend more money... You might think you do... Heck some merchants are really good at making you believe you are more important. But trust me... It doesn't work they way you think it does or should...

DeletedUser40368

These noobs that log on and collect and do alittle GE only will be off to the next stupid phone app in a month. Do not cater to those tyoes. Fix the gvg for your loyal customers who advanced it this far despite you.

GvG is a unique feature that cannot be found anywhere else. It's one feature that has made a lot of us stick around over the years, or come back, as in my case. GE is fun but caters to a complete different set of players. Don't run us GvG players off; fix it, give us more maps. We've been asking for that for years. Perhaps you'd have more than 5% if it were fixed, mobile, and expanded.

DeletedUser25994

If the developers are successful in this dumb idea to create something new without new maps and upgraded gvg action
You're obviously wrong. LOLOLOL
You equated the C map to gvg. You are no fighter. Stick to GE and the C map. lolololololololololo

i2McAbre

I wonder what the percentage of people who spent cash in all these events did it for GE advantage. hmmm

Spend a lot of time deflecting huh? We are not talking about that... But since you mentioned it? The same thing applies... If you spend money to gain possession of something, you are not earning it, you are buying it.

My level 3 item has far more value to me then your level 10 will to you. Because I earned it. I worked for it. I didn't go out to the local quickie mart and buy it.

Lancer

Get back to the topic at hand. No trolling, name-calling, instigating, inappropriate behavior or content. Please.

barra370804

I think that, if you don't add a tutorial, or make it very self-explanatory, it will certainly fail and become the same disgrace as GvG did. Clarity is essential, no matter how great this new addition may be, it will never soar if it is not understood, enjoyed, and most importantly, accepted by the FOE community.

DeletedUser40368

Spend a lot of time deflecting huh? We are not talking about that... But since you mentioned it? The same thing applies... If you spend money to gain possession of something, you are not earning it, you are buying it.

My level 3 item has far more value to me then your level 10 will to you. Because I earned it. I worked for it. I didn't go out to the local quickie mart and buy it.

I'd say, we work to earn money, we spend it on FoE... yup we earned our possessions.

DeletedUser25994

This is a game that offers advantage through spending. If you don't like it..keep this up and you can expect th

You are a player that will be gone soon is my guess. Weak play = short term stay. Nobody spends money to raise a gB. Just shows you are a noob and should stick to GE and the C map too.

barra370804

if indeed you do wish to make a last-ditch effort at saving GvG, you could foreseeably make it so in the new Guild Battlegrounds, there is an added bonus for participating in GvG as well. Not a bonus for the guild's progress, but for the individual player. (N/A for mobile for obvious reasons)

i2McAbre

OK I am done... But first... I am not a newbie.. I may not be in the thousands of dollars spent... But I am definitely in the hundreds of dollars spent.

And I don't have all the bells and whistles, nor all the highest leveled buildings... Because I prefer to earn them... Not buy them... I also "tried" to comprehend GVG but found it stupid an overly complicated with no logical structure other than to empty hapless players wallets of their coinage...

So... How is everyone else doing?

saknika

Someone mentioned way back (probably in the first 10 pages) about an Alpha test, before it even comes to Beta to really refine stuff. I just want to say that I think this would be a really nice idea, get users on both platforms (mobile and PC) and from both sides of the coin (loves GvG and doesn't GvG) to really try it out, offer feedback, and perhaps work through a volunteer basis in this way to help the developers nail something down that can appease as many players as possible. At the end of the day there isn't going to be a perfect solution that makes everyone happy. But I'd like to remain open-minded that this could be a really cool feature if implemented correctly. I just fear it'll be GE 2.0 with the same stale battles over and over again, and no surprises or need for good strategy and teamwork. As I've said before, I love GvG, so I'm definitely pro-GvG, but I'm open to this if it's done well.

My fiance plays a game, World of Tanks, and they have what's known as a "Sandbox Server", where they alpha-test all the new features they're thinking of bringing to the game. Select players (to my knowledge, this is all second-hand info to me because I don't play WoT) get to play in the sandbox and offer feedback to help make sure that features being rolled out are going to be well-received for the most part. I think this is brilliant, personally, and similar to the Alpha testing someone else mentioned before that I'm referring to.

Douglas 221

Basically any time you can directly compete with another player. This game does not have a lot of that.

If those are not important to a player then other player's relative strengths are unimportant.

I think some people are wanting to have more actual competition by way of fighting each other. There is really no aspect of the game which you actually go head to head with another player. My suggestion/request would be to maybe change PvP.

1. put players online at the time in a que by age.
2. Let those online at the same time fight player vs player (with no auto battle)
3. Once you fight that person you must wait a period of time. (maybe each day) before you can battle again.
4. Have a weekly competition for the top 5 spots with maybe a choice of 3 different type rewards. (FP, Medals, goods)
5. Let each battle cost medals. This would give a chance for higher era players to have a use for medals.
6. The winner of that battle not only increases in rank by age/era but they collect x (a non plundering reward)

And suggestions to this idea?

DeletedUser40368

That sounds like the mindset of all the senior citizens that would come into one of my stores and buy the same cup of coffee and the same doughnut everyday for years... Who then expected my staff to bend over backwards and kiss their backsides because if it were not for them coming in everyday... My business would go bankrupt.

Pray that they never find this out, because your reputation would go quickly down the tubes and you would go bankrupt in a heartbeat... hell I might be one of them. Keep telling yourself you're righteous after this statement.

DeletedUser25994

We deserve GvG advancements. This extra GE thing does nothing to address the real issues with GvG. NEW MAPS..AF...Ocean and VF are a must. The game is losing it's luster for fighters already. You need to give it a shot in the arm by doing what is only right by your players. Give the phone players their extra gE if you really want to but don't fail to offer your active pc players what they have earned or it might be a slow summer for you. ;)

barra370804

I have always been hopeful for FOE to add a live, turn-based battle feature, where people from different guilds with similar military strength could do battle with each other, to win prizes. Since the armies of the opposing players would be so similar, there would many casualties among warriors, which could influence INNO to decide not to permanently destroy units lost in these battles, but rather not count the deaths at all. And to balance this out and not make Guild Battlegrounds a farm of rewards, there could be a limited number of battles a day.

DeletedUser25994

All of the whales can leave the game... No loss... Because the Krill would multiply and their micro purchases would soon surpass any bad day the whales ever had. People would be happier too, because more would have a chance at succeeding without fear that those who buy their way in always win...

So glad you don't run anything. Another, more accurate way to state what you said is this. "All of our loyal customers who helped build the game to this point are trash and should be dumped for an ad filled free game."

RazorbackPirate

This game has prompted many people to spend cash to gain advantage. ummm..events events events events lol. To show them that they are not going to be rewarded for this by trying to kill GvG is not a smart business move. I wonder what the percentage of people who spent cash in all these events did it for GE advantage. hmmm
They will be rewarded, and rewarded quite handsomely. I am sure there'll be a whole number of event diamond buyers who will do exactly what you did (notice the verb tenses, they're important.) Those who pay to gain advantage now have something entirely new to gain advantage in. With Attrition, even you would have a reason to start buying diamonds to build your A/D GBs, you will never have enough, but you can pay to fight longer. I suspect others will choose to pay to level their Chateau and other goods GBs.

Y'all act like you're the only ones playing the game. I guess when you're on for 2 hours around recalc to play with the same handful of players from the entire server, you would think you're the only ones playing. GvG anyway and that's the point. As I said in a previous post, "I hear the distant sound of ringing cash registers approaching." So does Inno. As soon as GBG is released.
You are a player that will be gone soon is my guess. Weak play = short term stay. Nobody spends money to raise a GB. Just shows you are a noob and should stick to GE and the C-map too.
See, this noob built an HMA city that produced 150+ FPs daily, then built an Arc. I raised the Arc with swaps to 20, then 1.9x contributions for free, in about 2.5 months. Now, contributing to those same 1.9x threads, I have unlimited FPs to raise my A/D GBs both old and new, and with 'Spend FP' RQs, pretty much unlimited goods. I'm very excited to have something to use my 750+ goods per day on. Those are the ones I produce without goods buildings above the guild goods my Arc 80 dumps into the treasury daily. I have yet to spend diamonds to level a GB. Build a strong city, you can level GBs for free.

Sure, noob, weak play, short term. The hits just keep on coming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.