• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition- 4th Difficulty

Ylisaveta

4-5 of my AF guildies beat all 4 levels every week, sometimes faster than they did with 3 levels because of the free attempts. A couple more come close, and all the others at least finish 3. There was some discussion on the threads about strategy when they upped the difficulty which went over my head since I'm not familiar with the units. No one seemed discouraged,though, and none of them seem to be struggling now.

DeletedUser5111

Seriously? Like it wasn't high enough yet? I understand level 4 should be a challenge, making it impossible isn't a challenge.
:/ There are almost 27 pages of complaints about that in Beta... To put a number on it. AF GE will start at around 80~85%? It will go up to 120%

ITown

I don't find GE in AF particularly difficult. If you use the right units and battle manually, the fights are pretty straightforward.

That being said, if you use rogues, GE is not particularly difficult in any age, so it isn't clear to me why AF is being singled out.

DeletedUser25415

didn't they originally say the 4th level wasn't going to count toward the percentage?
It's hard enough getting everyone in the the guild to participate in GE, it's going to be even harder now.

DeletedUser27761

If you want to play Level 4 GE but your guild does not unlock it, apply to The Free Folk, a Sinerania guild for active players who don't need strict rules.

DeletedUser26660

20 minutes after GE started it is still not working correctly. There is a blue shield top left of the bar where the positions of the guilds normally are and when you click on it it says...''be patient, the Championship will start soon, try again in a couple of minutes''

Refreshed several times but still cannot play GE, maybe this is something to do with level 4?

DeletedUser26965

You know, I actually laughed when I read the announcement when it came out on Beta, I knew then people would miss this very obvious part;

"It is a new expansion to the Guild Expeditions that is very hard:confused:, very demanding:eek:, very challenging:mad:...", "...the most determined, powerful and resourceful guilds that feel like they want to accomplish even more..."

I knew then they were trying to stave off complaints of it was too hard before it even started. This level clearly wasn't meant for the newcomer who just built their first GB.

Last edited by a moderator:

wolfhoundtoo

The A.I. in GE is aimed at your unattached troops ....in Cirgard i am over 100% A / D and Level 2 needs to be played out and not auto battled. Why would I throw a unit that has 3 life bars up against full strength units ......logically those units need to be pulled back to allow other full strength units to continue battling. I do not mind a rogue going under but unattached units are another story. Level 3 was impossible against the A.I. I needed to use diamonds to resuscitate my troops to get into 2nd battles....just too much effort / energy ....more for those that can afford it I suppose.

The higher levels of GE aren't really meant to be auto battled. I'd suggest manually battling the 1st wave at least. Also do you auto from the start or do you skip a turn? Frequently skipping a turn at least gives your stupid A.I. the 1st shot against the enemy A.I.

As for people indicating that level 4 will make getting people to participate harder then I suggest you simply don't open level 4. Level 4 isn't really meant for the casual battler.

DeletedUser14228

What are the costs of level 4? Is it double level 3 like somebody said earlier?

DeletedUser25444

I only have 5 encounters left for GE level 4, I'm in the postmodern era. Even with a tavern 30% combat boost I can't do it. So I've been negotiating through it all.

I've been stockpiling goods for some time so have well over 1000 each. My only problem with the negotiations in level 4 is some of them require medals, between 250 and 400. Per attempt. That's quite a lot. It's almost a necessity to have the 4th attempt boost from the tavern if you go this route too fyi.

The rewards are decent though. Have gotten quite a few diamonds and fp's. Even got the new Terrace Farm from the last encounter in level 3. It's like a super bazaar.

DeletedUser26120

I retract what I said about extra attempts. They are cool, although I still maintain they should be storable items.

It just sucks when you get 6 extra when you're tired lol.

DeletedUser27250

I don't think it makes sense to require PROMETHIUM in GE level 3 negotiations for AF players who haven't unlocked the tech to start gathering promethium. There's no other way to get it.. prior to this update you could alway fight or negotiate through all 48 regardless of tech progress.

The rest of the updates seem fine and the new buildings look nice.

DeletedUser22214

You know, I actually laughed when I read the announcement when it came out on Beta, I knew then people would miss this very obvious part;

"It is a new expansion to the Guild Expeditions that is very hard:confused:, very demanding:eek:, very challenging:mad:...", "...the most determined, powerful and resourceful guilds that feel like they want to accomplish even more..."

I knew then they were trying to stave off complaints of it was too hard before it even started. This level clearly wasn't meant for the newcomer who just built their first GB.

I stopped fighting and switched to negotiating halfway through GE level 4. I am in AF and have an attack of 138 with the boost from the tavern. I have over 25k won battles in my main city and have always fought all the of the GE encounters. How much more powerful of a player was the game looking for when they thought of this?

DeletedUser26965

I stopped fighting and switched to negotiating halfway through GE level 4. I am in AF and have an attack of 138 with the boost from the tavern. I have over 25k won battles in my main city and have always fought all the of the GE encounters. How much more powerful of a player was the game looking for when they thought of this?
Don't know really, I do know there's players out there approaching 400 A/D bonus though so maybe the 1%:eek:

DeletedUser22214

Don't know really, I do know there's players out there approaching 400 A/D bonus though so maybe the 1%:eek:

I just checked the 5 oldest US servers and the highest A/D bonus I saw was just over 170. To get to 400 A/D the player would have to have the 3 attack great buildings at around level 300 at least.