• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition- 4th Difficulty

DeletedUser24335

our guild tried this out for the first week, guess what, we will not be doing it again. yes it is harder, not the complaint. required goods to open it far exceeds rewards for guild, and for the individual player. you are actually given less attractive rewards from level 4 than level 3 and it appears that the relics feature is either disabled or broken for level 4 as well as the other levels as we have seen less than a quarter of the idols normal seen. so unless you get better point system for level 4 and better prizes, then you can keep your attempt at getting players to spend more money healing troops

DeletedUser26660

it appears that the relics feature is either disabled or broken for level 4 as well as the other levels as we have seen less than a quarter of the idols normal seen.

I think this is just a situation that we can all encounter on any of the levels from time to time. Some weeks I feel like nuking my ToR as I hardly seem to get any relics, other weeks like this week it seems to haemorrhage relics.

I am so far 4 battles into level 4 difficulty and I have had 2 gold relics each giving 10 rogues, thought I would share this so that we know level 4 can be good, in the end it is all about %'s and luck with the relics.

DeletedUser24335

yeah but the actual prizes are way out of kilter for the difficulty as well. that along with the extreme amount of goods required to even unlock the level, does not add up. i get better prizes from lvl 3 than from lvl 4 and opening cost is almost twice as much? come on. without a serious revamp, level 4 will be a total flop. they wont make the diamonds they were hooping for with this white elephant

DeletedUser13838

Not that I'm all that impressed with the prizes but you're ignoring the key prize of the vast increase in guild power from level 4. That's what the guild goods are paying for. The players are paying troops and other resources for the rewards and any battle points they get.

Note: The vast increase I'm referring to are the expedition points but I assume power increases similarly. I normally get about 270k but after finishing level 4 I have 600k.

Algona

Note: The vast increase I'm referring to are the expedition points but I assume power increases similarly. I normally get about 270k but after finishing level 4 I have 600k.

Thanks for posting this Konrad, I was very curious what the effects were.

Mind if I ask your opinion on the prizes and difficulty?

DeletedUser26469

Level 4 GE is a huge resources sink for a whole lot of junk in the chests, and the relic's seemed to have moved to either levels 1,2,and 3 and then maybe to the bigger resource sink called level 5 in the future

DeletedUser13838

Thanks for posting this Konrad, I was very curious what the effects were.

Mind if I ask your opinion on the prizes and difficulty?
It's hard to give an unbiased opinion of this while an event is going on. And it didn't help that I really didn't keep good track of prize pools and what I actually got so some of my comments might not be 100% accurate.

What I generally didn't see were prize pools of 5 items but more often 2 or 3 and sometimes even 1. I expected there'd be more chances for diamonds and larger amounts but don't think I saw that. Didn't see too many coin/supply packages but did see large medal packages. Still saw the occasional non-premium building which should not be in level 4. Don't think I saw any troops in level 4. I think the relics need to be reassessed - a medal prize in level 4 was twice the size of the medals in the uncommon relic. Top prize for a level should include an item from rare relic and not something that was demoted to uncommon (the rebranded oasis).

I plan to keep better track next week since I negotiated maybe half the encounters and they got costly towards the end.

qaccy

This thread seems to be a bunch of people oblivious to the fact that guild expeditions, similar to GvG, are first and foremost intended to HELP THE GUILD, not you. The prizes don't have to be there at all, and you don't have to go after them if you're too selfish to realize that.

DeletedUser26965

This thread seems to be a bunch of people oblivious to the fact that guild expeditions, similar to GvG, are first and foremost intended to HELP THE GUILD, not you. The prizes don't have to be there at all, and you don't have to go after them if you're too selfish to realize that.
I agree with this but unfortunately inno is making it more and more about the personal and moving away from their original stated purpose. As soon as GE opened people just wanted more stuff for themselves so we got ToR and so on the story goes.

"We've recently noticed that you'd very much like a boost to the personal rewards that you're getting in the Expeditions."
Temple of Relics

Algona

qaccy i like your style and opinions, but my concerns here go to a much higher level. I agree that Guild Expeditions should be all about the Guild.

Let me digress a bit. [digression] I think it's fair to call me a fanboi, I like the game, I usually come down on INNO's side.

There have been some disturbing trends. INNO has been doing some odd things and making silly mistakes. Not listening to beta feed back. Releasing flat out problems, then having to nerf them. Missing the big picture. Big things. Little things.

A couple very big players have quit the game in the last few days. Glarg and Mucka quitting has to make one think and take look at what's going on.[/digression]

Now to my particular interests in lvl 4 GE. INNO's announcement about lvl 4 is filled with a lot of talk about good individual rewards. There is not one specific about the benefits for the Guild. (Speaking of little mistakes, the missing spoiler in the announcement?)

First interest is this is a problem for me personally. I'm one of a triumvirate who runs a Guild. It's our decision whether the benefits to the Guild outweigh the costs to the individual. As I said, the announcement gives no indication of what the Guild gets.

So I'm doing some digging to find out if I can justify whatever decision I reach . That includes being able to convince guildies that the personal costs are offset by Guild gains and personal gains should we decide to turn loose our Guild.

The other reason I'm interested in the personal rewards is to compare reality to the picture INNO painted. INNO threw a lot of advertise speak into the announcement. They shouldn't have to. FoE is a fine game and when development is done correctly the game will speak for itself. Fans of this game don't need cheerleaders we just need good game development. Contrariwise, if reality doesn't measure up to the announcement's hyperbole, yet another disappointment from INNO.

So I think I've got good reasons to be interested in the individual rewards and I don't think I'm doing it for selfish reasons.

Although I won't mind scoring some ph4t l00tz. If they are there.

Last edited:

DeletedUser13838

There have been some disturbing trends. INNO has been doing some odd things and making silly mistakes. Not listening to beta feed back. Releasing flat out problems, then having to nerf them. Missing the big picture. Big things. Little things.
This isn't a trend.

DeletedUser26469

The Marketing Hype of Great Rewards was much over-stated. Plus the number of crowns for the Guild does not seem to have improved much from last week when there was no level 4

DeletedUser14885

For the reasons listed prior...such as cost, difficulty, difficulty getting entire guilds to participate, guild benefit vs cost, and how it doesnt affect the outcome of the championship........it seems a better idea to allow players to buy in to level 4 individually. Individual players would/could still reap the rewards while still contributing to the guild while taking on the expense of goods on their own

DeletedUser26210

For negotiators, the rewards are not at all worth the huge amount of goods and medals required. I won't bother with it again. Fighters in my guild report that it's better for them, but given the tiny number of players who would be willing and able to continue, I don't know that the guild will bother paying to unlock it after this.

If you want people to use it, you have to make it worth the cost.

DeletedUser8394

I can't believe how difficult level 4 is. And the increase in difficulty in AF level 3 is not making matters any better.

DeletedUser5111

I can't believe how difficult level 4 is. And the increase in difficulty in AF level 3 is not making matters any better.
Neither was the cheap shot of keeping 3.4.1 and 3.4.2. the same but changing .3 and .4 so that Plasma Artilleries are there to wreck tanks but the tanks are there wreck the drones.

wolfhoundtoo

There are 3 small diamond prizes with a 50% chance of winning. 25, 50 (I think) and then 50. that's a decent prize if you don't buy diamonds. As for the guild you get a lot of points for completing encounters which means you are getting a lot of additional power in comparison to the other levels.

DeletedUser27889

Got through level 4 today via negotiation. I had never finished level 3 by this time any other week this extra attempts really add up. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, good because if you have some time you can just power through it, bad because it gives people longer down time waiting for next week. Though I don't think I would have gone straight through but I was curious about 4.

My one big take away is I completely agree that this level should be unlocked via an individual basis not for everyone. The cost is extremely high and when they say only a few people could hope of making it, they're not kidding. It would take either a huge A/D bonus (though I did not fight) and ample amount of reserve troops or a very large stockpile of goods. Both of which takes time in an era to gather, so it's not only who can actually make it but also how long that person has been sitting in there era for.

I cannot see my guild opening this up every week. We are a level 37 guild with 2 years worth of treasury goods stockpiled. We currently have over 40 Obs pumping in goods daily. The cost is enough that even for us we're going to have to discuss doing it bi-weekly. For myself with the amount of goods it requires to negotiate, I don't think I could do it each week either and certainly not if I plan to advance in eras soon. It's still early but so far only 5 of us has made it into 4. I don't think we will be able to justify the cost to the guild for such a small number of people to be able to play.

I didn't find the puzzles themselves much harder than the double battle puzzles on 3 but the good requirement was huge as I was expecting. Medals only involved for the checkpoints at 30-50 a guess. (If I remember correctly) The final battle was of course the most good hungry of them all, I believe it was 8 or 10 goods per guess. I had intended to write the good cost and chest prizes down but I had a forum boost about to kick off and ended up rushing through.

If you're fighting you're going to want to take breaks to empty your FP bar. You get a lot of FPs in level 4. Since negotiating is much quicker I only missed about 15 minutes of my dailys, a fighter would miss much more.

Yes there are ToR bps. I received them in the first chest after the first checkpoint of 4 I don't think that's a big deal though.

I really liked the 50/50 shot on the chest. Some were even just 100% fps. The rewards are better. The final chest of 4 has a 50/50 shot of a Sacred Sky Watch, the not quite as good SoK, which is what I got and fairly happy with as it's better than the Soccer Fields/Mascarade balls in terms of FP per square.

Through out 4 the chest contain some of the new buildings also the relics I got this entire week were almost exclusively new buildings apart from one silver relic which was 2 random BPs. I do not recall BPs being in relics before.

From the entirity of the levels with a lvl 3 ToR from chests to relics I received- 1 Sacred Sky watch (Lesser SoK) 1 tribal square (oasis) 4 ritual flames (lesser watchfire) 3 of the new decos.

With 2 varieties of decos now it seems you'll be receiving them at twice the rate.

The volcano animations are cool, this ->
Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 10.51.16 PM.png
Flame icon is awesome, and also makes it easier to see who in the guild made it to 4.

It is interesting but I can't see only the top of the top guilds opening it every week and even then only a few players each week would have the troops/goods to make it through.

DeletedUser26154

The volcano animations are cool, this ->
index.php

Flame icon is awesome, and also makes it easier to see who in the guild made it to 4.

Something tells me the 4th level of the G.E. would have been easier had I stayed in Progressive Era with Postmodern Era units to fight with.