• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition- 4th Difficulty

DeletedUser15042

I am curious if anyone in AF is able to beat the final fight of level 4, by fighting. I tried it with 166% attack and was slaughtered by their 250%. I have around 20,000 fights across a few worlds. If anone beats it, let us know.

DeletedUser10816

I am curious if anyone in AF is able to beat the final fight of level 4, by fighting. I tried it with 166% attack and was slaughtered by their 250%. I have around 20,000 fights across a few worlds. If anone beats it, let us know.

How did you beat #60? I'm stuck on it since yesterday...(the one with 4 plasmas, 2 BFs, 2 behemoths on 1st wave and 2 plasmas, 3 BFs, 2 behemoths, 1 champ on second).

I have to say I'm very disappointed though...50% chance for ToR prints on 1st castle? 50% for a victory tower on second? Geez...the effort (troops/goods) spent doesn't match the reward. I must have lost like 100 rogues already on lvl 4 AF. My guildies and I have been preparing for lvl 4 for so long (pushing attack GBs) ... now I'm wondering why :(

Inno's announcement was that lvl 4 would be very hard but also very rewarding. I see they fulfilled the first part, but kinda missed the second....So many troops lost and for what? For 20fps or one up kit?

DeletedUser15042

I didnt fight the 60th one. But I usually use a Champ, BF, and rogues. I can move at them rapidly since they usually range to my rogues anyhow. Cant say for sure though as I was just testing to see how hard it is. I negotiated everything after the first tower, on level 4.

DeletedUser10816

I didnt fight the 60th one. But I usually use a Champ, BF, and rogues. I can move at them rapidly since they usually range to my rogues anyhow. Cant say for sure though as I was just testing to see how hard it is. I negotiated everything after the first tower, on level 4.

K, thank you. I'll keep trying lol. My attack ain't that high - 180% with tavern boost, but a fellow guildie is at 218% and he's stuck on #60 too...
If anyone beats #60 and next ones pls let us know what combo you used :)

Still disappointed though, ToR prints, extra attempts and victory towers should be removed completely from lvl 4 imo.

DeletedUser19567

the 59th fight was 190% boost which I just barely beat and then the 60th fight jumps to 250% boost which I tried 7 times using different combos and lost every time (I have a 239% attack and a 93% defense ) .this fight cannot be won without using diamonds which is exactly how inno wants it !!!!
the rewards for level 4 are lacking considering I just lost 56 troops on this 1 fight !

DeletedUser10816

the 59th fight was 190% boost which I just barely beat and then the 60th fight jumps to 250% boost which I tried 7 times using different combos and lost every time (I have a 239% attack and a 93% defense ) .this fight cannot be won without using diamonds which is exactly how inno wants it !!!!
the rewards for level 4 are lacking considering I just lost 56 troops on this 1 fight !

Sadly, yes. Wondering if Inno devs ever tried to defeat it without using diamonds....

The announcement stated that lvl 4 is not for everybody, but c'mon...more precise would be "lvl 4 is only for the chosen few with a/d at 300% +".:mad:
If you want the "average" players like us to use diamonds, then give us some better rewards for Christ's sake! #60 is a joke. 50% chance for 20fps and 50% for a one up kit?? Why on Earth would I spend diamonds (45 minimum - to revive 1 unit) on that???

I will negotiate it eventually, but that's not the point. I loved GE because of the fights, especially after the ridiculous LAG made it impossible to fight in GvG. And now GE is impossible too.

DeletedUser22754

Negotiation in Level 4 is no more difficult, just vastly more expensive, and the individual rewards are nowhere near commensurate with that expense. During a week, you can gain a maximum 210 of a given "boosted" good with just one building, assuming you can collect exactly every eight hours, and typically, a player has two such good, that's 420. In order to manage the other goods, obviously, you have to trade, and you can't really effectively do that during an expedition run. Meanwhile, you have to spend 5-8 of (usually) multiple goods per round of negotiations; by the end, the first round of negotiations alone costs 40 goods! The result is a level that's very expensive in diamonds, but with comparatively minimal rewards, and that virtually halts your progress through the rest of the game. Now, I understand that commensurate rewards of certain types might become unbalancing, but a weak building that offers a single forge point when motivated? That's practically an insult to someone who supports your game.

When it comes to rewards, larger goods packs and diamonds serve mostly as rebates for those who go through this level. I would like to see higher--and scaling--medal rewards, particularly given how much of the rest of what we get comes in the form of premium buildings. After all, if we have no room to place the buildings we receive, they aren't very "rewarding." It occurs to me that a Great Building level-up could be workable because they're already designed with a certain factor of comparatively diminishing returns compared to forge point expense. Related to this, you could also do a Great Building "foundation pack" which fills all the resources for a GB, allowing its immediate building (space allowing, obviously)--it provides the effects of goods without actually giving the player any *spendable* goods. Another possibility would be a "Research Pack" that could pay for and unlock a single tech. That could at least somewhat minimize the drag on the expedition player who just spent all his or her goods (and hundreds of diamonds) in order to complete the level.

As it stands, though, for the negotiator, it serves as a goods and diamond sink and does nothing but slow down the game, and because it soaks up so much resource, it serves to calcify the positions of the guilds on the tournament map.

DeletedUser13838

Flame icon is awesome, and also makes it easier to see who in the guild made it to 4.
It is animated on mobile.

Quite a few people in my guild completed level 4 but I think it's the novelty. It's expensive and probably not worth it. I plan to take the time next week to record all the resources I spend (troops goods etc) for each level and compare to what I gain each week normally to see if it's worth it on a personal level. I don't have any goods buildings so if I wasn't spending 75 goods/day on promethium I wouldn't worry about the cost.

I did get a 200 good relic in level 4 so that was helpful. Not sure how to include relics in the analysis.

DeletedUser28533

the other night I unlocked GE level 4. I figured It was worth checking out. In my opinion It is to expensive to unlock and after fighting ( very difficult) and negotiating ( very expensive), coupled with what in my opinion is very crappy rewards, yes there are more chance of diamond prizes, I think what is spent far outweighs what is gained. I do not believe that it will get unlocked very often, at least not for my guild.

DeletedUser10816

#60 in AF is beatable with 8 plasmas, you have to be very lucky though to get favorable terrain. Many thanks to midas89 on beta who shared the 'solution'.
Nevertheless, i still believe rewards are not worth the effort (troops or goods lost), not to mention the cost for unlocking it.
You made it extremely hard to beat and nerfed the rewards at the same time. ..Last encounter on lvl 4 gives a fountain of youth or store building ?? I was hoping at least for the nerfed SoK, aka Sacred Sky Watch but not even that :(

DeletedUser26660

I am a fighter who has advanced slowly and used my time to get all fighting GBs into double figures and to acquire a Traz which is also in double figures producing a good amount of troops each day. I use the Tavern +30% boost for fighting which when added to the above boosts from the 3 GBs gives me a healthy amount of power.

I completed level 4 today and I had 4 good relic rewards on level 4 so a decent amount for any level of GE. As mentioned before the additional guild power gained from level 4 is also good and so is the battle points that a player gets which helps with PvP.

Personally as a fighter I think level 4 is great, it was not easy to complete but that was understood from the beginning and again personally I liked the challenge. Here is a list of the 16 chests and their rewards I encountered, I hope this is of interest and use to others in assessing level 4. In my opinion the rewards are good for the effort a player puts in and the few diamonds I used on level 4 were repaid from the chests.

Battle 49...Reward in chest...2 FPs
Battle 50...Reward in chest...20 goods or 4 expedition attempts
Battle 51...Reward in chest...25 diamonds or small medal package
Battle 52...Reward in chest...2 ToR BPs or Gate of the Sun God
Battle 53...Reward in chest...5 FPs
Battle 54...Reward in chest...25 goods or 4 expedition attempts
Battle 55...Reward in chest...25 diamonds or small medal package
Battle 56...Reward in chest...50 diamonds or victory tower
Battle 57...Reward in chest...5 FPs
Battle 58...Reward in chest...30 goods or extra large coin package
Battle 59...Reward in chest...50 diamonds or medium medal package
Battle 60...Reward in chest...tribal square or culture building
Battle 61...Reward in chest...10 FPs
Battle 62...Reward in chest...35 goods or extra large supplies package
Battle 63...Reward in chest...50 diamonds or medium medal package
Battle 64...Reward in chest...sacred sky watch or store building

DeletedUser23828

for the guild vs guild competion will the 4th level be used? used in the tie breaking system? there is no clarification on this except in beta the 4th level was classified as "optional" and thus didn't count toward the guild vs guild competion.

DeletedUser3585

Hey all,

How do you recommend defeating battle 48 (last battle on level 30)? I negotiated it.

Battles 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 and 56 I can defeat without negotiation. 54, and 55 I couldn't. I'm at +144% and been use the +10% boost from my tavern but will give it a go with +30%. Though, I have a feeling I still won't win battles.

DeletedUser26759

for the guild vs guild competion will the 4th level be used? used in the tie breaking system? there is no clarification on this except in beta the 4th level was classified as "optional" and thus didn't count toward the guild vs guild competion.

4th level is used. If the winner of your race is going to be determined by who completes it first, 133% is the new finish line. Confirmed with Customer Support the day GE4 was announced.

DeletedUser3585

Hey all,

How do you recommend defeating battle 48 (last battle on level 30)? I negotiated it.

Battles 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 and 56 I can defeat without negotiation. 54, and 55 I couldn't. I'm at +144% and been use the +10% boost from my tavern but will give it a go with +30%. Though, I have a feeling I still won't win battles.
Nevermind on 48. I did it with two Battle Fortress and 6 Plasmas and didn't even lose anyone. Can't believe I couldn't figure that out earlier!

DeletedUser19567

#60 in AF is beatable with 8 plasmas, you have to be very lucky though to get favorable terrain. Many thanks to midas89 on beta who shared the 'solution'.
Nevertheless, i still believe rewards are not worth the effort (troops or goods lost), not to mention the cost for unlocking it.
You made it extremely hard to beat and nerfed the rewards at the same time. ..Last encounter on lvl 4 gives a fountain of youth or store building ?? I was hoping at least for the nerfed SoK, aka Sacred Sky Watch but not even that :(

I tried 8 plasmas and won first battle but lost 2nd there is no way to fight and win against a 250% boosted troop without using diamonds

ITown

I'm stuck on encounter 54. I don't know what unit(s) I can use and have the ability to win, without relying on having an extremely high rate of critical hits.

I tried using battle fortresses, but ended up retreating the 2nd wave because I had 3 units left vs the enemy's 4.

(Was using 134/104%)

wave 1: 8 recons
wave 2: 1 SS, 2 behemoths, 5 battle fortresses

DeletedUser10816

I tried 8 plasmas and won first battle but lost 2nd there is no way to fight and win against a 250% boosted troop without using diamonds

It works, i just used same strategy on #64 too. with 8 plasmas you kill all 4 enemy plasmas before it's their turn to move (provided that you 2-hit kill them). You need good terrain though, if enemy BFs can reach you on first move, retreat and try again. When you kill the plasmas, move yours to the corners so the behemoths don't reach you on 2nd move.

I'm stuck on encounter 54. I don't know what unit(s) I can use and have the ability to win, without relying on having an extremely high rate of critical hits.

I tried using battle fortresses, but ended up retreating the 2nd wave because I had 3 units left vs the enemy's 4.

(Was using 134/104%)

wave 1: 8 recons
wave 2: 1 SS, 2 behemoths, 5 battle fortresses

use 1 hover tank 7 rogues on that one. Hover tanks are faster than BFs, so you can escape by letting them chase you all over the map and hit them from distance