• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition - Feedback

DeletedUser25950

Level 1 is free (no goods cost).

Here is what I posted above about levels 2 and 3 for FE and TE players. Costs for lower levels can be seen in the announcement in the forum.

That is what I said and why I asked. Here is the relevant announcement part.

a guild member from High Middle Age - will generate a cost of 3 Early Middle Age goods (or 6, when unlocking the difficulty III).

So is the player cost 3 EMA goods or 15 (3 of each) ???????? They would have solved alot of confusion with the latter if they said (of each good) instead of how it is worded. if this is correct. I've seen worse in rule wording in English from German.

So 3 or 15 ? It is an easy question.

DeletedUser13552

I am a leader in my guild, and when I got online this morning, several guild members had already finished level 1 and were asking that level 2 be unlocked. So, I did. Now, a member has complained that by unlocking level 2, I have prevented members who had not yet started from playing level 1. According to this guy, members who started after I unlocked level 2 would have to begin at level 2. That doesn't sound right.

DeletedUser9184

I am a leader in my guild, and when I got online this morning, several guild members had already finished level 1 and were asking that level 2 be unlocked. So, I did. Now, a member has complained that by unlocking level 2, I have prevented members who had not yet started from playing level 1. According to this guy, members who started after I unlocked level 2 would have to begin at level 2. That doesn't sound right.
That is false, anyone can still do level 1.
So 3 or 15 ? It is an easy question.
It's 15

DeletedUser10076

I just tried this a few minutes ago. I noticed a bug on the two-wave battles. After conquering the first wave, I was awarded zero points. After conquering the second wave, I was awarded the correct number of points, but only for that second wave.

I also noticed that the boost from my Château was not applied to the rewards. I hope this is another bug. It would be miserly semantics to claim that an "expedition" is not a "quest".

This is not a bug. You get zero points for the first battle because when the two-wave battle was introduced many peeps abused the system and simply retreated from the second battle. This allowed peeps to gain nearly infinite points.

On the second point this is similar to the treasure hunt so your chateau boost will not apply.

DeletedUser8152

This is not a bug. You get zero points for the first battle because when the two-wave battle was introduced many peeps abused the system and simply retreated from the second battle. This allowed peeps to gain nearly infinite points.
But I think he is saying he never gets the points for the first battle.

This is posted in Bugs already. Could contact support in game as well.

DeletedUser8420

why would inno put live/online when the negotiate function is unavailable? If we are going to be able to negotiate instead of fight...then get it up and running. Otherwise it isn't fair to those that don't fight.
Seems once again the Devs put the cart before the horse, putting something online when it isn't totally ready.

DeletedUser9640

Is there any reason other than Innos hatred of bronze age farmers why you have to be iron age in order to participate in the expeditions???

DeletedUser8152

Is there any reason other than Innos hatred of bronze age farmers why you have to be iron age in order to participate in the expeditions???
You start out fighting troops one era below your own, so that would be tricky for BA folks.

But I think the general principle is that Bronze Age is supposed to be simple, sort of a training wheels age. As such I think keeping them out of GvG and Expo is appropriate. I know sometimes people like to sit in Bronze and collect stuff, which is cool, but I don't see any reason Inno needs to accomodate them if it would make things more complicated for genuine noobs.

lemonwedgie

Initial thoughts ... seems rather labourious in the sense that its kinda wash, rinse, repeat so, unless the individual rewards and guild rewards turn out to be of real benefit I can see boredom setting in ... that is JUST an initial observation. Next week there could be fireworks and a party and if so, I take back what I just said :D

DeletedUser3679

I just tried this a few minutes ago. I noticed a bug on the two-wave battles. After conquering the first wave, I was awarded zero points. After conquering the second wave, I was awarded the correct number of points, but only for that second wave.

Not a bug. Points from 1st wave are included in the points awarded after the 2nd wave. Click on the points (in the results screen) after the second wave - 'wave modifier' points are the points from the the 1st wave.

DeletedUser3679

These are just check points. When you finish a check point it generates power for your guild, and the counter starts over. It looks like you get the same amount of power each time you finish a check point.

I would add that the check point amount needed to get power for the guild increases each time it resets.

DeletedUser20063

Inno great job. Got 50 diamonds, lots of coin and supplies, plus two FP packs in phase one. Been able to play more than usual since I'm not just waiting around to collect. I think this is great and my neighbors will too as I won't be plundering as much. Great job. As far as negotiating....I am a fighter so that won't be an option but I can't imagine the amount of goods that will cost...Glad I don't negotiate.

DeletedUser23123

How you un lock next level and what does it look like.

Ok. I figure out the Star. New Question First Number / Second Number Meaning what? This is part in the Donate Goods. Say... 35/2 Limestone

Last edited by a moderator:

lemur

'wave modifier' points are the points from the the 1st wave.

I noticed nothing like that. I saw only points correctly tallied for defeating the three units of the second wave. I'll look for it again when I have time.

lemur

On the second point this is similar to the treasure hunt so your chateau boost will not apply.

I think that's an indefensible assertion; the Treasure Hunt is not similar to the Expedition. They are like an apple and an orange. Their only similarity is that they both give prizes.

The Treasure Hunt requires nothing more than picking up a sequence of prizes within a certain amount of time. In sharp contrast, the Expedition requires "work"; it is an actual task — a quest. Furthermore, participation requires skill, costs medals (or even diamonds), and involves the risk of losing army units.

I have seen no response from anyone with InnoGames on this issue, so I am still hoping that it is a bug. The Château boost should apply to the Expedition.

DeletedUser7289

It is a "Guild Expedition" and not an individual quest, and the whole guild receives the power from the members efforts. The individual rewards are secondary to the guild benefit. So, no, the Chateau boost shouldn't apply (though I wouldn't really complain if it did.)

DeletedUser11463

I can only say Great Job Inno. This is another fun extra, especially for those who are at the end of future and waiting for the next age or era. I didn't get a whole lot of great things (mostly coins & supplies) but the chances are there. There is a decent "cost" for getting to level 2 or level 3 but the rewards for the guild far outweigh the cost. Just think how many sieges it would cost to get the equivalent in points in GvG. And you don't have to fight or defend against other guilds to get those points.
For those who get plundered regularly, this will also probably reduce that by a certain degree. I know I'm fighting much less against my neighbors now because of the time spent in this event. I also got some troops in one of my ages that were unresearched yet so that is a benefit too. Overall, I give this a 9 out of 10.

lemur

It is a "Guild Expedition" and not an individual quest ...

The prizes I am addressing are not those awarded based on the progress of the guild; they are awarded to an individual when that individual completes one segment of the expedition.

The individual rewards are secondary to the guild benefit.

That is probably true, but the reward for completing one stage is still an individual one, and it is based on individual effort to complete a quest. In this case, the quest is one segment of an expedition. And like most other quests in this game, the reward is most often one of coins, supplies, medals, or Forge Points. These expedition stages are exactly the sort of activity that the Château is supposed to reward with a boost.