1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Guild Forum Basics (for guild leaders)

Discussion in 'Pending' started by Lanthano of Kruptos, Jan 28, 2013.

1. LordDeathrider

LordDeathrider Member

Hello ClayHunter,

I think this will explain the issue and a potential solution to the current problem:

Sincerely,

LordDeathrider

2. Starlight on Water

Starlight on Water Member

Hypothetical question: what would happen if a founder is away from the game for longer than 30 days? Is there such a thing as a founder of a guild being inactive for too long?

3. PhantomForger

PhantomForger Well-Known Member

The next person with the highest rights gets assigned as a founder. So if there's a leader he gets founder rights. If there are 2 leaders then the one with the older ID number (who joined first) gets founder rights.

4. leonkasel

leonkasel New Member

Our guild had to have an open vote in our guild forum.
    After 48 hours,INNO GAMES gave the 2 top vote getters "FOUNDER" permissions.

5. PhantomForger

That's because FoE didn't have this automatic system before so support had to figure out thingsv manually. That's no longer the case.

6. Middles

Middles New Member

How do I create a topic that only selected people can post to?

7. Rick69NAM

Rick69NAM Guest

always good to have a Founder and a Co-founder for such situations.

8. Katwijk

Katwijk Active Member

In the guild forum you can create a hidden topic that can be seen only by folks with a Trusted flag. HOWEVER, the trusted flag has be subverted for GvG, so the audience will be larger than you probably want.

Use messages. It's pretty easy to just stick a half dozen names into the address bar, or cut and paste an address list.

9. Kylavo

Kylavo New Member

Is there a way for a Founder or Leader can delete an entire thread? If a message is inappropriate can it be removed?

10. Yes there is, just go to the desired tread to be deleted then look at the bottom of the screen and you'll see this:
    [​IMG]
    and yes a message can be removed also, just go to that message then you'll see this at the bottom right corner:
    [​IMG]

11. jamcl

jamcl Guest

I am looking to join a Guild. Please message me. I play everyday.

I am looking to join a Guild. I play every day. Please add me. I am a new player also.
    :)

12. Princess Anne

Princess Anne Member

I'm not able to click and drag my Forum Threads...is this a bug or has the option to do so been removed?

13. PhantomForger

It is a confirmed game issue, yes. The developers are aware of it and will hopefully deliver a fix for it sometime soon. :)

14. Princess Anne

Princess Anne Member

'*◕‿◕*' Thank you '*◕‿◕*'

15. Mo Jimi

Mo Jimi Guest

GvG has added functionality to the Trusted Rights option that allow a member to attack other guilds and/or unlock defensive slots in new or weakened sectors that have been attacked and lost defensive armies.

Is their any way to hide a thread in the Guild Forum for Leadership purposes without effecting GvG functionality?

Sorry if this is a repeat, but I didn't see it if it was....

16. There is no other way to hide a tread without removing the trusted rights.

17. GaiaGoddess

GaiaGoddess New Member

Hail Lanthano of Kruptos!
    The Pencil Icon allows you to share out this Guild Forum Tab with another Guild. I've added another Guild here and wonder how this Forum section displays for them. Have you tested this? Do they see the *new* Tab in their Guild Forum and can view the documents inside?
    Thanks!
    :) GaiaGoddess
    Queen of Love Mongers in Norasil

18. Lanthano of Kruptos

Lanthano of Kruptos Active Member

Yes, I have tested it, though it's been a while ago.
    Yes, they will see the tab / heading added to their forum.
    But first they must acknowledge the invite to share the topic. The other guild founder or moderator should see the prompt on their end.

19. GaiaGoddess

GaiaGoddess New Member

Sharing out a tab in your guild forum - what is the limit?

Hail Lanthanum of Kruptos,
    We create and share tabs in our guild forum with other guilds. This uses one of the FOE forum features (although I cannot find any guidance on this feature in the FOE Forum). For example, we share a tab entitled, "GvG Intelligence".

How many guilds may we share a tab with?

Thanks!
    :) GaiaGoddess
    Co-Founder and Queen of the Love Mongers
    Norasil

20. MagnificentMelinda

MagnificentMelinda New Member

Please tell me how to find the area that allows founders to administrate their forums. I'm new to this and on a mobile phone. I know this is an old thread but can you help?