• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

guild raides

Pericles the Lion

I am reminded of my young grandson when he was first offered a bowl of sliced strawberries. Without missing a beat, he turned up his nose at them and said "I don't like them!". After a lot of persuasion, he gave them a try - with predictable results.

There is very little information in the teaser video. Certainly not enough to make an informed decision, one way or another, regarding the merits of this new feature..

Sharmon the Impaler

I am reminded of my young grandson when he was first offered a bowl of sliced strawberries. Without missing a beat, he turned up his nose at them and said "I don't like them!". After a lot of persuasion, he gave them a try - with predictable results.

There is very little information in the teaser video. Certainly not enough to make an informed decision, one way or another, regarding the merits of this new feature..
Every change that Inno has made in the past year has made the game more expensive to play , we know what's coming even with you cheerleading for them.

thathurts

yell the you tube reviews thus far are not positive at all

Pericles the Lion

Every change that Inno has made in the past year has made the game more expensive to play , we know what's coming even with you cheerleading for them.
Maybe because you need to spend more to achieve the same level of satisfaction as you did in the past. For those of us that remain F2P the changes last year didn't cause us to spend money.

Sharmon the Impaler

Maybe because you need to spend more to achieve the same level of satisfaction as you did in the past. For those of us that remain F2P the changes last year didn't cause us to spend money.
No it is them selling me attack and then cutting 20% off of it's effect. That is them making the past event a virtual spend only event , That is them making all the new "main event" buildings crippled with split stats , that is them making the "Tourney Grounds" with only 1 single stat for the Tournament it is won in. Are you getting it yet ? Probably not , they could charge a 50$ per month subscription and you would say it's great. We get it , Inno is fantastic in your world.

jaymoney23456

I won't be making any judgements about guild raids until I see solid information about what exactly it is, now much time it is likely to take, and what rewards can be had. The little information available now does not do this.

Angry.Blanket

This is why it hurts so bad, Inno know there is no way to get the F2P players to spend so they have go after the P2P players more aggressively,
I cant speak for anyone but myself but I have ramped down my spending and my game time drastically. It is good that you and ebe enjoy the game so much because it is soon to be all yours.

Pericles the Lion

yell the you tube reviews thus far are not positive at all
So what? That's no different from someone complaining about a Christmas present before they unwrap it. We don't have enough information to decide what this feature will be. Regardless, there will always be those that complain even though they don't understand.

Pericles the Lion

This is why it hurts so bad, Inno know there is no way to get the F2P players to spend so they have go after the P2P players more aggressively,
I cant speak for anyone but myself but I have ramped down my spending and my game time drastically. It is good that you and ebe enjoy the game so much because it is soon to be all yours.
How exactly do they "go after the P2P players more aggressively"? How can they make P2P players spend more money when it is well-known that it's possible to play the game without spending a dime? You spend money because you want to, not because you have to or need to.

Angry.Blanket

How exactly do they "go after the P2P players more aggressively"? How can they make P2P players spend more money when it is well-known that it's possible to play the game without spending a dime? You spend money because you want to, not because you have to or need to.
No you are very wrong, this game can not be played for free by everyone,someone has to pay. Paying players and free players are 2 different types of people.
Free players the whole point for them is to get something for free from someone else, that type person is never going to pay because it goes against their mentality of getting something over on someone else.

Sharmon the Impaler

How about the only building worth getting is pay only the next event ? The last event the main buildings were weak and this event they are even weaker but you can buy the good one . The same thing with the rigged calendar in the last event , not rigged you say ? No way that was bad luck with almost everyone getting 1/2 the keys and having to buy the rest if they want the building.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

Free players the whole point for them is to get something for free from someone else, that type person is never going to pay because it goes against their mentality of getting something over on someone else.
Kind of narrow minded there Blankie..
Free to play players may have some who are as you describe. But I think there are plenty of free to play players who do not have extra cash to spend on a game. Then other who say it is supposed to be free, so they will not spend money on principle.

On the other side are players who spend money. Some are wealthy, and to spend $50,000 on a game is nothing, Heck, hey their hobbies cost far more... Then players who actually live on a budget, but still like the game enough and find it is still a good value to spend some on the game. and players who should not spend so much, as it impairs their quality of life, but they spend it anyway.

Last edited:

Angry.Blanket

Kind of narrow minded there Blankie..
Free to play players may have some who are as you describe. But I think there are plenty of free to play players who do not have extra cash to spend on a game. Then other who say it is supposed to be free, so they will not spend money on principle.

On the other side are players who send money. Some are wealthy, and to spend $50,000 on a game is nothing, Heck, hey their hobbies cost far more... Then players who actually live on a budget, but still like hte game enough and find it is stil la good value to spend some on hthe game. and players who should not spend so much, as it impares heir quality of life, but the spend it anywa.
You are 100% right I know a few players that don't spend because it is not in their budget, most of those players appreciate the P2P players and see what is happening, and are concerned about the direction of the game.

Pericles the Lion

No you are very wrong, this game can not be played for free by everyone ,someone has to pay. Paying players and free players are 2 different types of people.
Do you actually think that this is the reason there are F2P players? You spend what, a few hundred bucks a year on FOE? That's far less that what I spend on Starbucks. For all but the few that truly cannot afford spending on entertainment, F2P is about being able to keep up with those that do spend (without having to spend themselves).. It's about finding ways to overcome obstacles that others simply make go away by spending cash. You are right though, everyone cannot be F2P so, thank you for helping to keep the lights on for the F2P folks.

Pericles the Lion

How about the only building worth getting is pay only the next event ? The last even the main buildings were weak and this event they are even weaker but you can buy the good one . The same thing with the rigged calendar in the last event , not rigged you say ? No way that was bad luck with almost everyone getting 1/2 the keys and having to buy the rest if they want the building.
Nice diversion. You didn't answer the question. Sure, they introduce a nice new building and make it pay-only. All that it takes is self-control to not take the bait. You spend money because you want to. I don't spend money because I don't need to.

Angry.Blanket

Do you actually think that this is the reason there are F2P players? You spend what, a few hundred bucks a year on FOE? That's far less that what I spend on Starbucks. For all but the few that truly cannot afford spending on entertainment, F2P is about being able to keep up with those that do spend (without having to spend themselves).. It's about finding ways to overcome obstacles that others simply make go away by spending cash. You are right though, everyone cannot be F2P so, thank you for helping to keep the lights on for the F2P folks.
Is that not exactly what I said, it is about getting something over on someone else. It is all about getting something for free.
In your mind Starbucks deserves to get paid but Inno doesn't.