• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

guild raides

Pericles the Lion

Is that not exactly what I said, it is about getting something over on someone else. It is all about getting something for free.
In your mind Starbucks deserves to get paid but Inno doesn't.
Starbucks doesn't advertise that their coffee is free. INNO advertises that the cam can be played for free which means that doing so is not "getting over on someone else". Instead, it's taking them up on their offer. Big difference.

Sharmon the Impaler

Nice diversion. You didn't answer the question. Sure, they introduce a nice new building and make it pay-only. All that it takes is self-control to not take the bait. You spend money because you want to. I don't spend money because I don't need to.
This was your question "How exactly do they "go after the P2P players more aggressively"?" That is a direct response to that question in any reality you live in. They make the best building pay only so the P2P buy it. Then they widen the power gap between the main event building and the pay only building to make more P2P buy it. It's called aggressive marketing hence a direct answer to your question.

Angry.Blanket

Starbucks doesn't advertise that their coffee is free. INNO advertises that the cam can be played for free which means that doing so is not "getting over on someone else". Instead, it's taking them up on their offer. Big difference.
But, yes Starbucks has advertised free coffee. and yet for some reason you didn't take that as a challenge to get all coffee free for the rest of your life.

Pericles the Lion

This was your question "How exactly do they "go after the P2P players more aggressively"?" That is a direct response to that question in any reality you live in. They make the best building pay only so the P2P buy it. Then they widen the power gap between the main event building and the pay only building to make more P2P buy it. It's called aggressive marketing hence a direct answer to your question.
The key word in your reply is "make". Advertising is a tool used to persuade consumers. It does not "make" anyone do anything. You want the shiny new thing so you will buy it. That's your decision so take responsibility for it. INNO is not making you do anything.

Sharmon the Impaler

The key word in your reply is "make". Advertising is a tool used to persuade consumers. It does not "make" anyone do anything. You want the shiny new thing so you will buy it. That's your decision so take responsibility for it. INNO is not making you do anything.
In what world does you not being forced to do something mean that Inno is not being more aggressive towards the P2P ? This was your original question please stick with one idea at a time. The two are not linked.

Emberguard

How exactly do they "go after the P2P players more aggressively"? How can they make P2P players spend more money when it is well-known that it's possible to play the game without spending a dime? You spend money because you want to, not because you have to or need to.

Well there's the cash only features for one. I still have money-purchased diamonds on my EN account. If I want to make full use of them I have to fork out another $30 because there's no diamond option on the Grand Prize lanes.

Not the worst thing in the world if you were already intending to spend in a single sitting, but their policies make it pointless to purchase anything ahead of time which then means instead of buying the +200% offers whenever they come up, I don't buy at all and spend my diamonds less often to match my diamond income to what I'm earning in the game

jaymoney23456

How exactly do they "go after the P2P players more aggressively"? How can they make P2P players spend more money when it is well-known that it's possible to play the game without spending a dime? You spend money because you want to, not because you have to or need to.
They are more aggressive for P2P in many ways. Changing GbG to end attrition, which made many players chase more attack by spending money. Hiding the best buildings in an event behind a paywall which others have pointed out is being done. Making events now contain the best building in a gold league that only 1% can win, which makes even more players chase a prize that few can possibly win. Its also pretty much a scam anyway since there seems to be limitless power creep these days so that those that spent money to buy an buiding a year ago now find themselves with a building that is already obselete. It seems inno freaked out since they had a decrease in revenue after the pandemic ended, which was always going to happen with more people spending time on other things when they are not cooped up at home all day. Then they responded with going hardcore towards making more and more buildings require spending money to acqire without a significant wait or to even acquire at all, which was never part of the game until this past year. Also, now nearly all the events are time consuming tedious events that many don't even like playing and even more just throw money at them to make them easier. Problem in the longterm for inno is they are steadily driving away more and more players from the game and eventually they won't be able to wring much cash out of the fewer remaining players the way. The game could well suffer a slow death if Inno doesn't decide they don't need to be so greedy all the time!

Sharmon the Impaler

They are more aggressive for P2P in many ways. Changing GbG to end attrition, which made many players chase more attack by spending money. Hiding the best buildings in an event behind a paywall which others have pointed out is being done. Making events now contain the best building in a gold league that only 1% can win, which makes even more players chase a prize that few can possibly win. Its also pretty much a scam anyway since there seems to be limitless power creep these days so that those that spent money to buy an buiding a year ago now find themselves with a building that is already obselete. It seems inno freaked out since they had a decrease in revenue after the pandemic ended, which was always going to happen with more people spending time on other things when they are not cooped up at home all day. Then they responded with going hardcore towards making more and more buildings require spending money to acqire without a significant wait or to even acquire at all, which was never part of the game until this past year. Also, now nearly all the events are time consuming tedious events that many don't even like playing and even more just throw money at them to make them easier. Problem in the longterm for inno is they are steadily driving away more and more players from the game and eventually they won't be able to wring much cash out of the fewer remaining players the way. The game could well suffer a slow death if Inno doesn't decide they don't need to be so greedy all the time!
The most important is the rush building requirement in GBG , that makes them a fortune off the paying players. They abuse the hell out of their customers and don't really care if we are happy. We could be cases of Twinkies that they are selling as far as they are concerned. The beta isn't a beta test bed it is a cash analysis method and nothing more. What causes us to spend money , does it make them happy ? Who cares ? Does it make us spend money ?

planetofthehumans2

If we're making the starbucks comparison, you can GO and stay in the starbucks and use their wifi for free - but to get the coffee you have to pay.

Many things reach their peak audience and then slowly wither and die. But hey, neopets is still around theres some hope for FOE.

We just have to see on this feature, hopefully it comes to beta soon.

cbalto1927

But, yes Starbucks has advertised free coffee. and yet for some reason you didn't take that as a challenge to get all coffee free for the rest of your life.
I am amazed that people still into Starbucks. 7-11 and Citgo gas stations gotten better with their coffee, especially in winter time. The best part is it only 99 cents for any size cup.

Wwwoodchuck

I see the lively discussions on the forum have continued!

I would agree Inno has gone a little overboard on chasing the elusive whale. While I was not a whale, they lost what monetary income they were getting from myself and several others in my circle. Instead of supporting the F2P users in FoE, my nephew got a new sliding miter saw and portable table for his small workshop, and I am taking a few more fishing trips! The loss of income from players like myself leaves more and more income they have to make up in some way.

GbG was a good income producing start for Inno. The F2P users with those shiny new winner’s towers rode the coat tails of the P2P users who rushed all those buildings to make it happen. We all play the same game and know how much it costs to win now. It isn’t like any one Guild has a secret formula to win without spending a lot of diamonds to do it. Coming in second costs as much, or more and the same with third, they just do not get the full, shiny new building. If you do not rush buildings, you are hitting full attrition gain tiles. If you do not think it costs all that much to win a season, make yourself the personal building rusher for the guild and spend your diamonds to rush ALL the buildings ALL season. I can tell you it was very expensive when I was one of the several members rushing buildings!!! Now that I joined the F2P, it costs me nothing!

Back OT for the new raids addition!

I am withholding judgement, but as even the cheerleaders know deep down, Inno is not going to add content that is not going to have a Return On Investment. Put bluntly, they are not adding this new feature to reward those that are not supporting the game. They are adding this content to pull more income from players that are still monetarily supporting the game. If there is a group element to it, a few will pull the financial burden for the F2P, same as in GbG. If it goes anything like the event mechanics now, it will still cost everyone.

Speaking of costing everyone… The game has become very adept at pulling those free diamonds from even the stingiest of players. Everything is being developed now to the point users come up juuuuuust a tad shy of achieving goals. If you have been watching, you will have seen it. I get a chuckle each event when it appears, and it always appears anymore. Death of a thousand cuts, a penny here, a penny there. You listen, you can hear it in the posts too.

Wwwoodchuck

I am amused by the players that have convinced themselves that they are being "played" by INNO yet continue to spend hard earned cash on the game. I suppose that P T Barnum was right.
And each event that Inno does not listen, more of those players join the I do not spend any money crowd, or just leave. Old P.T Barnum had to keep on the move, going town to town to keep finding new folks to pay his fees as the old ones stopped spending. When the circus left town, even the ones who got free peeks under the tent had no more circus to watch.

Pericles the Lion

And each event that Inno does not listen, more of those players join the I do not spend any money crowd, or just leave. Old P.T Barnum had to keep on the move, going town to town to keep finding new folks to pay his fees as the old ones stopped spending. When the circus left town, even the ones who got free peeks under the tent had no more circus to watch.
Look, I get it that some players may spend money on the game as a show of support in order to keep the lights on. Fine, but it's not these folks that are constantly complaining that INNO is screwing them. Come on, the logical response to a vendor that does not provide value for money spent is to take the business elsewhere.. Instead, some players routinely complain about INNO "money grabs". Wake up folks, there is no such thing as an FOE ":money grab". All payments to INNO are voluntary. If you don't like what you are getting in exchange for your payment, just say "no!".

Angry.Blanket

Look, I get it that some players may spend money on the game as a show of support in order to keep the lights on. Fine, but it's not these folks that are constantly complaining that INNO is screwing them. Come on, the logical response to a vendor that does not provide value for money spent is to take the business elsewhere.. Instead, some players routinely complain about INNO "money grabs". Wake up folks, there is no such thing as an FOE ":money grab". All payments to INNO are voluntary. If you don't like what you are getting in exchange for your payment, just say "no!".
You may be missing the fact that many of us are saying no, and then you and ebe come along and tell us all how stupid we are for not liking what is happening to a game we used to really enjoy.

Pericles the Lion

You may be missing the fact that many of us are saying no, and then you and ebe come along and tell us all how stupid we are for not liking what is happening to a game we used to really enjoy.
I have never used the word "stupid" when referring to another player. Likewise, I've not claimed that you should like the how the game has evolved (I could not care less whether you like it or not). What I have said is that I find it very odd that players, like yourself, do little but complain about changes made to the game yet you continue to spend money on it. INNO does not have a monopoly on on-line games, there are many other options. If you really no longer enjoy FOE then you should vote with your feet and move on to something that you will enjoy.