• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Vs Guild Recalcuulation Timer Changes Feedback

DeletedUser40368

Having 3 calc times and the up to 16 hours protected sectors might promote more people doing GvG, but there are other ways this could be done and one would be an easy change, wipe out the maps once a month, which would give us time to enjoy the fruits of our labor and allow for much fun fighting for supremacy.

The proposed changes take away any possible server war, which are a lot of fun, as well as getting together at 20:00 and devise a strategy to that effect. My guild values teamwork; the fighters, we come together in the evening and most of us every night to chat and have fun fighting or defending ourselves from other guilds.

These changes seriously dumb out GvG and turns it into a farming fest for the individual player, which, I thought, was what we were trying to avoid. What's the incentive on taking anything if it will be wiped out daily before we even get back to play unless you are just there for the points? That's fine mind you, but it really takes away the fun for those of us who don't care one iota about points.

It will only kill guilds who actually have a team of players who love to come together at calc right now and actually put some thought into how they're going to block other guilds or take them out.

And who on earth is going to be around at 04:00 (ET) to put a team up? The majority of folks sleep at that time and let's not forget that we also have jobs and 12:00 doesn't exactly promote participation either. So it really leaves 20:00 just like it is now. The few who are on at 4 and 12 will be farming.

So what's the real motivation for this "improvement"? Kill GvG so Battleground is favored by players? It is being rolled out and from what I can tell, it's a hybrid between GvG and GE... more like GE if you ask me because of the limitations and negotiations. Whoop-dee-doo; 4 fights/negotiations, take a flag/province. I'll be sure to leave my brain at the door. It is such a disappointment.

I suspect the improvement will have short lived effects; GvG farming is utterly boring, another brainless activity. So what if some players like to farm? Let them get their kick getting points. I get my kick from GvG wars or campaigns; can't do that with three calcs... or Battleground... or GE... Debating if I shouldn't just leave FoE at this point.

Again one possibility to accommodate more fighting is to keep calc as it is (no extra coding for you) and just wiping out the maps on a regular basis, once a month feels right to me, and have a free for all... heck, that'd be fun to see guilds get together and make a run for supremacy for the coming month.

ETA: I just thought about the following: how exactly do you expect smaller guilds to "pay" for GvG in terms of goods and medals with three calc... they can barely afford one!?

~Ramen

PS Please fix the timing issue for Pete's sake and since your last update, we lose the maps... only the exagones are visible, nothing else. While you're at it, push the refreshing of the maps... it's a complete crap chute whether or not the map updates at calc when the window goes down. Oh, and we'd like more maps, been asking for it forever.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24719

ramen, I could not agree more! I think u hit most points about these changes that bother me. It seems INNOs solution is to always dumb things down rather than elevating the the quality of play and the experience. The new Guild Battleground is nothing more than GE on a world map and far more complicated than a battle needs to be. Its just another layer of clutter.

DeletedUser24437

I am under no illusion that inno really wants input to the changes and what they really want is buy in as the changes are a done deal.
However, in an effort I will say that I agree with Ramen.
Simplest thing would be to clear the maps some number of times a year.
Levels the playing field and allows any and all to play.
Also, Way less likely to introduce new bugs, glitches, and freeze ups as were introduced with the no spears update.

Liberty

Congratulations, Inno. You just destroyed the last vestige of anything in this game that required team work and strategy if you follow through with this. What Ramen recommended above would still do what you claim your goal is, which is to give weak players more boosts to succeed in GvG. Wipe the maps every month. If you stay the course of what you have planned, you will have turned this game into complete mindless mush.

DeletedUser

Shamefully, but they got cold feet
well, you can keep your precious GvG for USA players only, I will kick a$$ in GBG

ShadowWarlord

And who on earth is going to be around at 04:00 (ET) to put a team up? The majority of folks sleep
It's funny when people contradict themselves in back to back line! Actually, in reality, only very few people can play GvG because of this reset and bubble protection BS.

RazorbackPirate

Shamefully, but they got cold feet
well, you can keep your precious GvG for USA players only, I will kick a$$ in GBG
Reading is Fundamental. You might try it sometime. Let's begin here:

"GvG calculation timer changes will be rolled out on the INTERNATIONAL MARKET ONLY beginning September 25th. The first reset will take place at 12:00 on that date. We are still gathering data and feedback on this feature and wanted a larger market with multiple worlds to further observe the effects."

DeletedUser28410

I wish they would just get on with implementing this. Can't come soon enough. The maps need shaking up and the current recalc time is hard for a lot of people. Any word on when it's going to happen? 4am calc sounds perfect

DeletedUser

Reading is Fundamental. You might try it sometime. Let's begin here:

"GvG calculation timer changes will be rolled out on the INTERNATIONAL MARKET ONLY beginning September 25th. The first reset will take place at 12:00 on that date. We are still gathering data and feedback on this feature and wanted a larger market with multiple worlds to further observe the effects."

yes, they are "EVALUATING" for some time now
I truly understand that US fighters are afraid to face Europe's best, no problem here
Just hide behind your mother's skirt
Nice picture

RazorbackPirate

yes, they are "EVALUATING" for some time now
I truly understand that US fighters are afraid to face Europe's best, no problem here
Just hide behind your mother's skirt
Nice picture
You make no sense. When Inno is done evaluating, the changes will be made across all servers and all worlds. They will do it on their schedule for their reasons, regardless of whatever you've make up to the contrary.