• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild vs Guild : Would you care...

Would you care if GvG was discontinued?

• What is Guild vs Guild?

• Not at all.

• Yes, but I would continue playing FOE.

• Yes, and I would probably or would quit FOE.

Results are only viewable after voting.

fizzle

I do both mobile and PC. The game is clearly better on PC. Inno says they want to do away with GvG because it's incompatible with mobile and bring on this new Guild raids. But they treat the mobile players like second class citizens with all the ads to unlock boosts in the tavern or incidents. If the new Guild Raids is a warmed over re-hash of all the mindless clicking that GBG entails that will be the death of the game for me. GvG has real time action and strategy which no other aspect of the game offers. I think the real reason GvG is going away is because they haven't figured out a way to monetize it to the extent of all the other and far too numerous events, and GBG is costing more goods and diamonds than ever so to be successful there it forces players to take out the plastic. The avarice is totally understandable yet increasingly annoying.

Johnny B. Goode

The stats I would be interested in is how many players quit spending money after they announced a long time ago they weren't going to make any more improvements after Anwar passed away (like stopping the scripts cheating).
Well, they never revisited that decision, so the logical assumption is that it didn't cost them enough spenders to justify the cost to resume development of GvG. And that was long before GE/GBG came along. It's reasonable to assume that enough players kept spending money to justify taking the game in another direction than GvG, because the game still continued to prosper after GvG was basically abandoned.
Inno has decided to cater to the mobile players who statistically average 25 years of age and under, and throw away the over age 40 PC players. They will soon learn its those older players who are the dime players with their credit cards. Its not the younger players who may borrow Mom's card once in a while, or have young families to feed or student loans to pay off, and not spend money on a game.
Not the first time I've heard this foolishness. I am a well over age 40 PC player and I have never spent anywhere near what my 32 year old stepson has spent on video/mobile games. And the money that he spent was earned by his own hard work. Not everyone fits into your outdated stereotypes.
I would be truly interested in the marketing research Inno should have done on this very thing.
Oh, come on. You seriously think a large gaming company would make such a move without doing extensive market research? Especially since they're now owned by an even larger company that only cares about the bottom line? Rest assured, Inno believes that their expected losses from ditching GvG will be lower than their savings on GvG maintenance expenses. And they have the spending data from the period after they announced that GvG was on life support, which you can only guess at. And your guess is slanted by your personal viewpoint, their numbers are not.

Galechade

Well, they never revisited that decision, so the logical assumption is that it didn't cost them enough spenders to justify the cost to resume development of GvG. And that was long before GE/GBG came along. It's reasonable to assume that enough players kept spending money to justify taking the game in another direction than GvG, because the game still continued to prosper after GvG was basically abandoned.

Not the first time I've heard this foolishness. I am a well over age 40 PC player and I have never spent anywhere near what my 32 year old stepson has spent on video/mobile games. And the money that he spent was earned by his own hard work. Not everyone fits into your outdated stereotypes.

Oh, come on. You seriously think a large gaming company would make such a move without doing extensive market research? Especially since they're now owned by an even larger company that only cares about the bottom line? Rest assured, Inno believes that their expected losses from ditching GvG will be lower than their savings on GvG maintenance expenses. And they have the spending data from the period after they announced that GvG was on life support, which you can only guess at. And your guess is slanted by your personal viewpoint, their numbers are not.
1 hour and 6 minutes. That's all it took. Ever hear of grumpy old men and the character Jack Klugman played? Geez. Bet it doesn't take that long this time.

Why is this even a question? There are zero actual hints that GvG is going to be discontinued. Other than by some endless whiners and naysayers in the Forums. One says so, then another repeats it as if it was a real fact. It is all bogus gossip
It has been announced in Beta that they are going to discontinue GvG and replace it with "Guild Raids", no details.

jaymoney23456

Well, we have 58ish members (I say that because we have added several to the guild as the new GbG took over and they left other guilds), and we have between 10-18 people on each night. We are the #1 guild on our world for a reason. Many people are there every night (about 12 of us) and the last 6 or so that rotate who comes in. Some nights it's down and some nights is way up if we are going to war with another guild. It's quite active in our guild and I dare say it would be more if more people even knew what it was. Inno has not put any work into promoting it for years. If you don't soup it up like your other activities, people won't even know it is a thing. If Inno would have been developing it all along it would have continued to grow.

Most people that don't like it are either in poor performing guilds or don't really understand the concept and the significant strategy behind it (insert Ubernerd imho). If people were in a guild that actively participated in GvG and had a couple people to teach you the strategy behind it (and there are several strategies) many would learn to really enjoy it. I participate in all forms of this game and GvG BY FAR AND AWAY, is the best part... even though it is clunky. Amazing personal connections you build while fighting side by side at the same time while on coms together. We often hang out for hours afterward and shoot the breeze together. Sad you all don't have that.
There is no strategy that could make up for the fact that many used scripts in GvG-many are complaining about GvG ending but few even mention that it had been broked for years!