• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GvG Changes

mstorm

Time to make changes in GvG you all have not done anything since the creator of GvG unfortunately passed away. Time to step in and take over where he left off. Don't leave his legacy uncompleted.

Suggested changes

If you release a hex you can not take it back for 1 week, Same as if a guild member leaves a guild Only way to retake the hex is if someone else takes.

Open up all GvG so everything is a landing zone. So no guilds can hide in a corner all day fighting fake sieges all champs for fake bloated ranking points.

Allow air drops in GvG. Meaning You can paratroop into any hex behind enemy lines. Just like in World War 2.
Allow missile strikes on Hexes out of reach in LZ if you do not open the entire map. Just like in World War 2

Remove the points champion troops give. They are NOT worth the points they give, they die easy and fast. Make them have the same points as rouges drummers and color guards.

Open GvG for mobile users been years now they have been waiting.

Take rank points away from GvG and put them towards guild bonus instead towards daily collections. This will make it a level playing field and stop the farming Champions for fake points. Make people earn their ranks legit. By beating up neighbors, leveling up GB's spending goods, doing tecs, finishing the Viking Settlements, for finishing daily quests. For stuff you guys have added to this game it needs to be added into ranking system as well. Remove gvg and add everything else. Use GvG for Guild bonus.

How about a Great Build Hospital that speeds up the healing time of troops as well. And using medals to pay for the doctors visits. lol.

Algona

using medals to pay for the doctors visits

Dnsl.

Heh. A chance to tell the 28th ranked player on all the US servers they are wrong in so many ways? Thank you, don't mind if I do.

With all respect due to your accomplishments in game, your achievements i the game are unsurpassed. You're thinking beyond the game is awful.

Take rank points away from GvG and put them towards guild bonus instead towards daily collections. This will make it a level playing field and stop the farming Champions for fake points. Make people earn their ranks legit. By beating up neighbors, leveling up GB's spending goods, doing tecs, finishing the Viking Settlements, for finishing daily quests. For stuff you guys have added to this game it needs to be added into ranking system as well. Remove gvg and add everything else. Use GvG for Guild bonus.

You do understand RP except for one narrow application are meaningless in game?

Third ranked in your world and that's not enough? Youre 28th ranked in the US Servers. That's not enough for you either? Will you ever be satisfied?

Since the farming of Champs is within the rules of the game, the RP earned from doing so is no more fake then the rest of RP, an arbitrary meaningless measurement.

That you attach so much importance to a meaningless statistic is your problem, not a problem with the game.

----------

Missiles and Paratroops don't seem reasonable for Eras below Modern, in WW2 the range on either was relatively short. That's OK though, both are redundant, you wanted the whole world to be LZs. Remember?

Hospital is already done under Guild Level. Want faster healing? Raise Guild Level or spend Diamonds.

As far as the rest of your post, it sounds like a lot of sour grapes from a long time player who never figured out how to win at GvG the way it is, and instead wants to change the rules to have a chance at winning in some new way. But if your Guild can't win under the present rules, why on earth do you think your Guild can win under changed rules?

You;re not alone in that, a couple times a year folk wander in here wanting to change GvG to suit their needs and shore up their shortcomings.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

@mstorm:
Proposals need to be in proper format. You can find the proper format in this thread:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/proposal-guidelines-read-before-posting.139/
You can change the original post to the proper format using the Edit button. Pending proper format, I am moving this thread to Forge Hall for discussion. If you have questions about this or about why the proper format is needed, you may PM me. You can do this by clicking on my name and going to my profile page and click on "Start a Conversation". I will respond usually within 24 hours.

If/when you put this proposal in proper format, post a message here with my name in this format: @Stephen Longshanks and I will move it back to the Proposals section of the Forum.

Specific to this proposal: You might consider that a lot of this has been proposed before and gotten nowhere. Maybe start a thread in the Forge Hall section of the Forum to discuss possible ways to craft a proposal about this that only includes your new ideas? Just a thought.

DreadfulCadillac

Dnsl.

Heh. A chance to tell the 28th ranked player on all the US servers they are wrong in so many ways? Thank you, don't mind if I do.

With all respect due to your accomplishments in game, you;re thinking beyond the game is awful.

You do understand RP except for one narrow application are meaningless in game?

Third ranked in your world and that's not enough? Youre 28th ranked in the US Servers. That's not enough for you either? Will you ever be satisfied?

Since the farming of Champs is within the rules of the game, the RP earned from doing so is no more fake then the rest of RP, an arbitrary meaningless measurement.

That you attach so much importance to a meaningless statistic is your problem, not a problem with the game.

----------

Missiles and Paratroops don't seem reasonable for Eras below Modern, in WW2 the range on either was relatively short. That's OK though, both are redundant, you wanted the whole world to be LZs. Remember?

Hospital is already done under Guild Level. Want faster healing? Raise Guild Level or spend Diamonds.

As far as the rest of your post, it sounds like a lot of sour grapes from a long time player who never figured out how to win at GvG the way it is, and instead wants to change the rules to have a chance at winning in some new way. But if your Guild can't win under the present rules, why on earth do you think your Guild can win under changed rules?

You;re not alone in that, a couple times a year folk wander in here wanting to change GvG to suit their needs and shore up their shortcomings.
agrree on you with most of this
for instance (n the real world) the middle or russia ant be a LZ and nor can for instance the middle of canada, at least until the 20th to 21st century.

RazorbackPirate

Time to make changes in GvG you all have not done anything since the creator of GvG unfortunately passed away. Time to step in and take over where he left off. Don't leave his legacy uncompleted.
You had me, but then you did this:
Suggested changes
And I was done.

Create a new GvG for All players, or let the existing GvG meet the same unfortunate fate as it's founder.

-1 from me. GvGforAllorNothing