• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2018 Feedback

Salsuero

Happiness is a joke in this game. It's why the Hagia Sophia is crapped on so often, because no one cares about it's happiness. Or the other GBs that offer happiness.

Not too many people crapping on the Alcatraz. You probably didn't mean to say what you did the way you did though, right? The reason I crap on the Hagia Sophia is because the thing is too big for the FP production it provides based on the age you are given access to it. I don't mind that it offers happiness as its passive boost, especially based on the age you get access to it. I never built it because the size was terrible all around. By the time I will be able to comfortably fit the thing, I don't see myself needing the FP generation that I wouldn't already have access to in other more efficient ways, so I'll be skipping it entirely (most likely -- one can never truly predict the future).

DeletedUser34800

Hahahaha. Of course not @Salsuero . Alcatraz is amazing. I was referring to the others: Space Needle, Atomium, Notre Dame, Gaia Statue, etc.

And yeah, the Hagia Sophia is definitely a well debated GB around here. When I was wondering whether to build it or not, I found tons of threads about it. All with good points and information.

I chose to build it for the FPs, definitely not for the happiness or it's looks or it's size.

DeletedUser8428

I'm pretty sure no one builds it for the happiness, looks, or its size!
And there you would be INCORRECT

While the stylized version of Hagia Sophia in the game is more colorful than the current Hagia, the RL building is an amazing sight and the I'm stunned that it was built in the Middle Ages without benefit of cranes or rebar. I built it in my city because I love it, and the fact that it produces FP is icing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31882

No mention of a Headless Horseman or other fun NPC coming out of the Dark Doorway...

Big Disappointment.

I agree with @m9silent12 , @JCera & others discussing power creep in regards to the graveyard. The Graveyard could have benefited from the 'choose one of three' upgrade paths treatment, especially since, I assume, it would reward long-term players that have been recurrent Halloween FoE players. It'd also make it something viable to plant, instead of fodder for alt cities or the bold decoration city builders.

Looking forward to the mundane practical rewards of the event, but it would have been nice if Inno had given Halloween a bit more razzle dazzle.

DeletedUser32824

Will there be a way to get more than 1 dark doorway? Is this event just quests or is there some mechanism that lets you get daily specials or anything like that?

DeletedUser31592

Will there be a way to get more than 1 dark doorway? Is this event just quests or is there some mechanism that lets you get daily specials or anything like that?
No. This event is still 'old school' and basically ran just like a HQL. No fancy confusing game play. Do quests, win prize. No goals to score, ingredients to manage, daily prizes to stalk. Simple. And since you get Random Rewards for every quest, it actually pays diamonds. I wish they were ALL like this.

Salsuero

I built it in my city because I love it, and the fact that it produces FP is icing.

Is that seriously true? I mean... yes, there are buildings in the game that are awesome sights in real life, but that doesn't make them particularly game-worthy... but if you're being serious here, I stand corrected.

DeletedUser8428

Is that seriously true? I mean... yes, there are buildings in the game that are awesome sights in real life, but that doesn't make them particularly game-worthy... but if you're being serious here, I stand corrected.
Absolutely. Adding things because I want them (not because they're the most efficient) reminds me that this is a GAME. When I forget that I quit playing for 6 months or a year.

DeletedUser35080

no black tower???
my favorite building, I've been looking fwd all year to getting one of my own. its one of the reasons I stayed with the game when i was questioning..
why leave out something that cool? too big? could you not have just made a narrower version, call it dark tower or black tower 2 or something?

DeletedUser32824

No. This event is still 'old school' and basically ran just like a HQL. No fancy confusing game play. Do quests, win prize. No goals to score, ingredients to manage, daily prizes to stalk. Simple. And since you get Random Rewards for every quest, it actually pays diamonds. I wish they were ALL like this.
Now I wish my CF was even higher for this! Might be worth powerleveling a couple levels to get some more diamonds :)

DeletedUser36510

Absolutely. Adding things because I want them (not because they're the most efficient) reminds me that this is a GAME. When I forget that I quit playing for 6 months or a year.
I like the way you roll (& not just b/c I do the exact same thing with games LOL). ;)

DeletedUser34800

Oh yeah, definitely. That's what all the top players and big spenders were hoping to do. Purchase and use 5 maxed out Graveyards.

Yep. Absolutely. That would make their cities way too OP. Thank god we don't have to worry about that. What a relief.

Salsuero

Adding things because I want them (not because they're the most efficient) reminds me that this is a GAME.

I like the way you roll (& not just b/c I do the exact same thing with games LOL). ;)

Yeah. People whine at me for having the Oracle of Delphi, Capitol, and many of the other things I choose to have. I build my town for looks as much as efficiency. I'm not suffering because of it, so I don't see why it should matter to anyone else.