• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

DeletedUser29404

I've also found that just displaying a good attitude makes a lot of plunderers change their minds. Remember, these people are playing for entertainment, too--they aren't actually trying to feed a band of bloodthirsty brigands! They want to have fun. Show them that you are fun, even if they aren't plundering you. I sent one guy a message warning him that one of his raiders may have contracted a social disease from a young lady who offered him "something nice" in exchange for sparing her cottage from the raid. I also implied that she was neither young nor a lady, and that he needed to identify that plunderer and get him to a doctor before things started dropping off the man. Guy sent me a note saying that nothing in the game had ever made him laugh so hard. He promised never to plunder my city ever again, and then sent me a friend request. We were friends for over a year before he apparently left the game entirely.

And like someone else said, these are ones and zeroes, not actual goods. Cartoon crops in a cartoon city. Getting plundered shouldn't give you any more grief than Homer Simpson getting a flat tire.
Yes! A sense of what's "reality" and what's "internet" kinda keeps everything in perspective. Why get bent outta shape over some imaginary goods and be a d*ck? I've both written and received some really funny letters and appealing to another players sense of humor is just another tool in the toolbox. If your being plundered relentlessly, any tool you can use, may spare you.

DeletedUser15539

I got attacked 6 TIMES today. 6 times!!! Like I get the odd one here or there or one a day but SIX??? Grrr. I am reasonably new to the game and am going to try some of what I have read here. Unfortunately I can only play when I get home from work and of course need to keep producing goods to meet my goals. I guess I have to adjust those goals in order to try and stop the plundering. Any other tips would be most welcome!
I also work for a living. I imagine most players here do.
If your production buildings are being plundered while you are at work, then set them up for 24 hour runs, to finish 60 or 90 minutes after you usually get home from work. Then be waiting, and collect them as soon as they are finished. Problem solved.

Jase249

I've also found that just displaying a good attitude makes a lot of plunderers change their minds. Remember, these people are playing for entertainment, too--they aren't actually trying to feed a band of bloodthirsty brigands! They want to have fun. Show them that you are fun, even if they aren't plundering you. I sent one guy a message warning him that one of his raiders may have contracted a social disease from a young lady who offered him "something nice" in exchange for sparing her cottage from the raid. I also implied that she was neither young nor a lady, and that he needed to identify that plunderer and get him to a doctor before things started dropping off the man. Guy sent me a note saying that nothing in the game had ever made him laugh so hard. He promised never to plunder my city ever again, and then sent me a friend request. We were friends for over a year before he apparently left the game entirely.

And like someone else said, these are ones and zeroes, not actual goods. Cartoon crops in a cartoon city. Getting plundered shouldn't give you any more grief than Homer Simpson getting a flat tire.

This may be the best post this forum has ever seen.

DeletedUser37533

I have two ways to deal with plundering.

1. No matter the age I'm in, I keep a spear fighter barracks and 1 spear fighter as defense. This way the attacker gets basically no points. Not even the points for the 2 defenders.

2. If you get players attacking and plundering, just disconnect your roads. They can't plunder anything. Save enough tavern silver, activate city defense and reconnect your roads.

After a few attacks with zero rewards, they go away.

Emberguard

I've also found that just displaying a good attitude makes a lot of plunderers change their minds.
Yeah. Someone I had been plundering daily sent me a message asking if I'm alright when I stopped attacking for a while (I was running low on rogues). The fact they're more worried about my wellbeing then anything they own had me stunned. Most people don't have that attitude, and actually, kinda makes me want to stop plundering altogether.

Aggressive messages that are just trying to insult me are "eh. If someones attacking you do you really think flinging insults are going to even be listened to?"

Last edited:

DeletedUser32328

1. No matter the age I'm in, I keep a spear fighter barracks and 1 spear fighter as defense. This way the attacker gets basically no points. Not even the points for the 2 defenders.

Attackers will quickly learn this and just auto battle. You're doing a great job at saving them time.

And you actually keep a barracks in your city for this flawed strategy? That single spear fighter is not even unattached? Wow, so on top of a bad defense you're wasting valuable land space too.

2. If you get players attacking and plundering, just disconnect your roads. They can't plunder anything. Save enough tavern silver, activate city defense and reconnect your roads.

And you won't be collecting anything yourself either. Great way to rob yourself of resources that you could use to improve your city.

Graviton

This is also called "cutting off your nose to spite your face".

1. You should put up a complete, current-age defense. Believe it or not, this will deter a few potential plunderers who are just looking for easy pickings. Plus, points don't matter.

2. Whether or not you put up a defense, don't rob yourself of productions by disconnecting roads. Collect on time so there's nothing there to plunder.

DeletedUser37533

Flawed strategy? Nah. It's working perfectly. Players attack once, maybe twice and then they are on their merry way.

I'm sure there are many players like me who have multiple cities. I simply disconnect the roads and play another city for a while.

Yes I lose a few resources. Who cares. The bottom line is to deny battle points and goods to attackers at any cost.

DeletedUser36624

I heartily endorse this.

Attackers will quickly learn this and just auto battle. You're doing a great job at saving them time.
1. You should put up a complete, current-age defense. Believe it or not, this will deter a few potential plunderers who are just looking for easy pickings. Plus, points don't matter.

No, no, a single spearfighter is an awesome defense. Ixnay onay ethay oodgay adviceyay.

Algona

Flawed strategy?

Yes it is. You'll be marked as an easy hit, the attackers will fight with lower Era troops just to score lower Era Towers. tt also makes it easier for Quests and DCs that require the player to win battles. Not that that matters, rabid plunderers always attack, reward or no.

I've looked at your city. and instead of giving steaming piles of cow flop bad advice, you should be asking for advice:

ProgE city, few Expansions for your Era and bad Expansion layout, poor road layout, lots of wasted space, few and low level GBs, few Special Buildings, over 90% of your mundane buildings from previous Eras.

It's obvious from a cursory glance: You raced through the tech tree and therefore are always in the lower quarter of your hood inviting attacks; you don;t go very far in GE; don;t complete DCs very often; don;t know how to fight.

In short, you are a bad player. Which is fine, one of the beauties of this game, that you are free to be as bad at this game as you want. Which I'm sure your hoodies appreciate.

But please don't give bad advice on the Forum, the bad advice manure pile is already way too high.

Emberguard

Flawed strategy? Nah. It's working perfectly. Players attack once, maybe twice and then they are on their merry way.

I'm sure there are many players like me who have multiple cities. I simply disconnect the roads and play another city for a while.

Yes I lose a few resources. Who cares. The bottom line is to deny battle points and goods to attackers at any cost.

That's a flawed presumption. You're assuming they went on their way because of anything you did. Over the past year my plundering has been whenever I feel like it without checking the state of the defending city before clicking battle - without tracking what cities can or cannot be plundered. If I'm attacking the hood - it's as much of the hood as I have the troops to get through without checking who I'm attacking

Looking at threads from plunderers most players seem to do the same thing. Attack everyone and either surrender anything that's not specifically spearfighters, or autobattle everything without regard to the result.

And actually, giving spearfighters gives far more [relevant] battle points then non-spearfighters. If you have sticks you've just opened up the table to every single PvP tower available and that's more valuable then just current age.

DeletedUser37533

Why at any cost? There is this philosophy amongst players that you are going to get plundered no matter what so just suck it up. Well no. No I'm not.

An attacker will receive 108 points for my single spear fighter. Whereas if I had a full defense, they would receive many thousand. You have to be an idiot to place a full defense when players are attacking with 150% attack and your AI drops their weapons and runs in a circle with their hands above their heads.

But don't get down. In addition to those shiny 108 points, you will receive zero, that's right zero goods!

You play how you want and I'll do the same. If I want to disconnect my roads until the second coming of Christ, that's my business.

Algona

that's my business.

Exactly. It is your business. Right up to the point when you post awful advice for others to see, then it becomes everyone's business.

Nobody here is posting to help you, your game play is a car wreck with no insurance.

You are being used as a terrific example of what not to do to for the benefit of other players who don't know how to effectively mitigate plundering.

In your case, you're making three easily correctable yet horribly dumb mistakes.

1) Racing too fast through tech. Which causes you to be in the lowest quarter of your hood. Which invites attacks from anyone getting a DC or Quest asking them to do so. This one goes beyond just making you easy plunder bait, you'll find out when you hit Modern.

2) Attackers are greeted by an abysmally poor defense. Which invites further attacks.

3) To which you react by disconnecting your city preventing all production instead of loosing a little production.

Go ahead and carry on with this and other bad play. I'd say comeback in a year and let us know how that works out for you, but we've all seen this story . Way too many times.

DeletedUser

An attacker will receive 108 points for my single spear fighter. Whereas if I had a full defense, they would receive many thousand. You have to be an idiot to place a full defense when players are attacking with 150% attack and your AI drops their weapons and runs in a circle with their hands above their heads.

But don't get down. In addition to those shiny 108 points, you will receive zero, that's right zero goods!
You know what else the attacker will receive? Lots of medals from lower era towers. Easy, free medals. Do you know how easy it is to simply write down the names of the hoodies with one or two Spear defenses? And then visit them every day with troops from various eras from Bronze up to the previous era? And then at the end of the week collect medals from multiple towers? When I do that, I don't even care if I get to plunder anything, I'm already assured of benefitting from their (your) stupidity.

Volodya

Why at any cost? There is this philosophy amongst players that you are going to get plundered no matter what so just suck it up. Well no. No I'm not.

You play how you want and I'll do the same. If I want to disconnect my roads until the second coming of Christ, that's my business.
Yes, an attacker will receive 108 points. So will every attacker. Seems like a wash.

Last edited: