• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

UBERhelp1

Hi, thank you for this guide. I'm in InA and I've gotten the troops up to PME. I have a question (my first but probably not my last).

I just made the trip to the CE map. Once I skip to the FE storyline, will I ever return to the CE storyline? I'm guessing not, in which case it doesn't matter whether I fight or negotiate the various provinces - I'll get FE troops but lose out on the diamonds I'd earn in the CE quest line.
In all honesty, I'm not sure. Taking the remaining CE provinces could retrigger it. I've never tested that myself. I would bank on the side of no, however.

Nope you skip the pm and ce storyline all together. The story begins when you get to the future lands. And until you get through the OA story line I'd wait until finishing truth or dare. Good luck BadDR. Hopefully I can see a loss with your name attached
Nope. You do not skip the PME and CE questlines altogether. The PME questline is almost completely run through, except for the very very end of it. As for the CE questline, you get one quest of it before it jumps to FE. Not sure why you want to see BadDR losing. Please try to keep this a positive and supportive space.

Last edited:

BadDR

Thank you both. Yeah, I think classick59 is still in InA so he wouldn't be able to answer my question. I meant: when I've gotten all the higher age units, and then aged up to PME & beyond, does the story return to the point where I left it or will I never see that part? As much as I hate wasting higher age goods when I'm capable of fighting, I'll probably negotiate the sheik's sectors just to be safe.

I don't think classick59 was wishing me ill, just the opposite. He's got his OF units on the same server I play. A week or two ago in the PvP Arena, I had a full bar, had used up my refresh, and knew I couldn't beat the higher age opponent. I attacked him - he looked like a "weak" same-age opponent based on his defensive bonuses. Imagine my surprise when he was defending with OF units!! Needless to say, my poor Lancers got pummeled. He was telling me he'd like to see me beat him someday (presumably with hovers).

UBERhelp1

Thank you both. Yeah, I think classick59 is still in InA so he wouldn't be able to answer my question. I meant: when I've gotten all the higher age units, and then aged up to PME & beyond, does the story return to the point where I left it or will I never see that part? As much as I hate wasting higher age goods when I'm capable of fighting, I'll probably negotiate the sheik's sectors just to be safe.

I don't think classick59 was wishing me ill, just the opposite. He's got his OF units on the same server I play. A week or two ago in the PvP Arena, I had a full bar, had used up my refresh, and knew I couldn't beat the higher age opponent. I attacked him - he looked like a "weak" same-age opponent based on his defensive bonuses. Imagine my surprise when he was defending with OF units!! Needless to say, my poor Lancers got pummeled. He was telling me he'd like to see me beat him someday (presumably with hovers).
Got it. Makes a little more sense lol.

Lord Brocc

Need some help, if at all possible. Been following through the guide with no issues up until the "Kolaburg Crisis" story. I'm in PME and have pretty much been negotiating my entire way through. Before Kolaburg Crisis, I had gotten a little ahead of myself and negotiated too many before the Kolaburg Crisis quest became available. I didn't have enough sectors to infiltrate so I was forced to finish the province. Luckily I had techs from earlier ages to finish the "Down the Rabbit Hole" quest with no issues. Here is the problem, I've scouted the next province and I have 3 RQs. I've skipped all 3 RQs and no story line has come back. I even took a single sector and nothing has changed. I would keep taking sectors but I've learned my lessons from earlier.

Any help/guidance is appreciated!

UBERhelp1

Need some help, if at all possible. Been following through the guide with no issues up until the "Kolaburg Crisis" story. I'm in PME and have pretty much been negotiating my entire way through. Before Kolaburg Crisis, I had gotten a little ahead of myself and negotiated too many before the Kolaburg Crisis quest became available. I didn't have enough sectors to infiltrate so I was forced to finish the province. Luckily I had techs from earlier ages to finish the "Down the Rabbit Hole" quest with no issues. Here is the problem, I've scouted the next province and I have 3 RQs. I've skipped all 3 RQs and no story line has come back. I even took a single sector and nothing has changed. I would keep taking sectors but I've learned my lessons from earlier.

Any help/guidance is appreciated!
Umm my best guess would be to just continue taking sectors hoping the story quest reappears.

Lord Brocc

Umm my best guess would be to just continue taking sectors hoping the story quest reappears.
Ok so I've continued and it worked out. Now I'm faced with another dilemma. I took the province of Botuku and it left me with the 3 RQ issue again. I was left to scout either the province directly to the east (Kalubuye) or the south (Bisoraba). So to get back the story quests, I scouted Bisoraba, aborted one of the RQs and now I have the "Business in Bisoraba" quest. I'm thrilled to finally see a Hover tank as a reward, however, the guide does say to not complete either Bisoraba or Kalubuye before the Greetings From a Friend quest appears. I'm afraid that if I capture Bisoraba, I won't have the opportunity to get the other 3 Hovers. Have I screwed up? lol

UBERhelp1

Ok so I've continued and it worked out. Now I'm faced with another dilemma. I took the province of Botuku and it left me with the 3 RQ issue again. I was left to scout either the province directly to the east (Kalubuye) or the south (Bisoraba). So to get back the story quests, I scouted Bisoraba, aborted one of the RQs and now I have the "Business in Bisoraba" quest. I'm thrilled to finally see a Hover tank as a reward, however, the guide does say to not complete either Bisoraba or Kalubuye before the Greetings From a Friend quest appears. I'm afraid that if I capture Bisoraba, I won't have the opportunity to get the other 3 Hovers. Have I screwed up? lol
The 1 hover quest comes after "Greetings From a Friend" would have appeared. It looks like for some reason that quest (among others) was skipped. I'm not really sure why exactly the story started skipping over itself in FE. Sorry about only the one hover though.

Lord Brocc

I swear I have absolutely no luck whatsoever. I attempted this on my other city and I think I have no other choice but to move to CE at this point. Im stuck on the quest "Even more cyber attacks" and it's requiring me to research a tech. I've got no other techs available. I did read the guide that I would need one left, which I did, but I had used it on another story quest to get me to where I am. Guess my question is just confirming whether or no I have no other choice if I want to get these Hover Tanks =\

UBERhelp1

I swear I have absolutely no luck whatsoever. I attempted this on my other city and I think I have no other choice but to move to CE at this point. Im stuck on the quest "Even more cyber attacks" and it's requiring me to research a tech. I've got no other techs available. I did read the guide that I would need one left, which I did, but I had used it on another story quest to get me to where I am. Guess my question is just confirming whether or no I have no other choice if I want to get these Hover Tanks =\
If you don't have a tech to research then you are stuck. I know this doesn't help you, but it's not a bad idea to save some extra techs just to be safe.

BadDR

Not *all* of them - you miss the ones on Torrino and from Viroz line as far as I know so far.

Ok so after having finished CE Map by this guide:

1) Scout and Take Torrino (i used force)
2) Scout and Take Villariba (i used force)

I finished dictator's death and was trying to get the story to restart from the point after scouting Torrino on the TE map. I was aborting side quests constantly from the point after I had scouted Torrino any time I took a sector or scouted a new province. *if* it's possible to get TE story earlier than I'm about to mention to get those early troops, it has to be before scouting Torrino. I cannot guarantee it's safe to do so.

3) Scout Rio Roxo, and abort or complete a side/recurring quest (NOT Your Choice). You will get "Meet Miguel Mantos". Follow the rest of the map as directed by the story - you may use force (i did). I had also scouted but not taken yet Itarabai. Unsure if that will be of impact.

You will gain 2 Combat Drones, 2 Stealth Tanks, 2 Antimateriel Snipers, 1 TE Champion.

You will need to research an additional tech for the quest "The Villain" (near the end of the story)

Story will follow through the end of the map and put you at the start of the FE story (you will also get the quests to scout the FE continent, first province, and for taking sectors in Agadar (by negotiation if you want 4 hovers)). You'll then join up with where this guide puts you after finishing negotiation of Agadar.
Thank you very much for this. I just took Torrinhos and completed Dictator's Death. Does anyone know why it's important to skip Villabaja and Bajatai? I assume it's because they trigger something, and I suspect it's the TE story line. Starting the TE quests early and potentially getting extra troops would be great, but I'm not going to risk it. I'll scout Villariba instead.

UBERhelp1

Thank you very much for this. I just took Torrinhos and completed Dictator's Death. Does anyone know why it's important to skip Villabaja and Bajatai? I assume it's because they trigger something, and I suspect it's the TE story line. Starting the TE quests early and potentially getting extra troops would be great, but I'm not going to risk it. I'll scout Villariba instead.
Yes, Taking those would make it so that you get the TE story line, but that costs an extra tech

BadDR

Yes, Taking those would make it so that you get the TE story line, but that costs an extra tech
I actually want the TE story line (I moved up to PE and I have the extra tech to spare, so why not). I was going to follow xivarmy's advice, but I thought it might be possible to land on an earlier spot on the TE quest line by scouting / taking one of those sectors.

xivarmy

I actually want the TE story line (I moved up to PE and I have the extra tech to spare, so why not). I was going to follow xivarmy's advice, but I thought it might be possible to land on an earlier spot on the TE quest line by scouting / taking one of those sectors.

I can't rule it out. And it won't harm anything to try (conditional on the prereqs for all of this of having skipped parts of the CE map so as not to get the CE blocker and keeping Truth or Dare in log at all times). I just was unable to get TE story to restart until scouting Rio Roxo. I'm hoping to have another world ready to check some deviations soon to see if I can get it earlier.

You will get Bajatai quests (and combat drones) if you haven't already scouted it after Rio Roxo story (something about checking your rear border for not having scouted it).

It's only the first province + Viroz's quests that you miss out on. You could see if scouting a different one of Viroz's provinces, or all of Viroz's provinces wakes it up earlier.

Last edited:

BadDR

I can't rule it out. And it won't harm anything to try (conditional on the prereqs for all of this of having skipped parts of the CE map so as not to get the CE blocker and keeping Truth or Dare in log at all times). I just was unable to get TE story to restart until scouting Rio Roxo. I'm hoping to have another world ready to check some deviations soon to see if I can get it earlier.

You will get Bajatai quests (and combat drones) if you haven't already scouted it after Rio Roxo story (something about checking your rear border for not having scouted it).

It's only the first province + Viroz's quests that you miss out on. You could see if scouting a different one of Viroz's provinces, or all of Viroz's provinces wakes it up earlier.
I jumped the gun. I thought initiating the scouting of Rio Roxo would get me the story line (rather than finishing the scouting) so I spent diamonds to scout Villariba. Oops, no. But that meant I had already initiated the scouting of Rio Roxo when you encouraged me to try Villabaja instead, so it was too late. Honestly, I probably would have been too chicken to try it anyway even though, like you said, it really *should* work.

I got the Meet Miguel Mantos story line this morning after the Rio Roxo scouting was complete, so I can independently confirm your alteration to UBER's original plan does work. Thank you!

Hi, working my way through getting Postmodern in InA. SO far I've negotiated all Che' provinces, and fought all others, (e.g. Quat Vat Dinh.) I'm now at “There is More” (so far obtained 3 Commandos and 5 MG teams).
Should I fight or negotiate provinces owned by Minh Ho-Chi? Wasn't sure if it makes a difference, but the story line hints that negotiating is advised.
(I've taken: Dong Bang Song, Mau Mat Dat, Phuc Kich, Giai Cuu Binh Minh by fighting, and both of Che's by negotiating.)
Thank you for any advice.
After this, I have to decide if I have enough techs to go for Oceanic Era troops while in InA..

UBERhelp1

Hi, working my way through getting Postmodern in InA. SO far I've negotiated all Che' provinces, and fought all others, (e.g. Quat Vat Dinh.) I'm now at “There is More” (so far obtained 3 Commandos and 5 MG teams).
Should I fight or negotiate provinces owned by Minh Ho-Chi? Wasn't sure if it makes a difference, but the story line hints that negotiating is advised.
(I've taken: Dong Bang Song, Mau Mat Dat, Phuc Kich, Giai Cuu Binh Minh by fighting, and both of Che's by negotiating.)
Thank you for any advice.
After this, I have to decide if I have enough techs to go for Oceanic Era troops while in InA..
I think you'll be fine doing either. The only place it really matters is with Che. As for techs, to get Hovers you'll need only an additional 2 techs, but to get everything remaining (skipping TE since limited on techs) you'll need at least 12.

I think you'll be fine doing either. The only place it really matters is with Che. As for techs, to get Hovers you'll need only an additional 2 techs, but to get everything remaining (skipping TE since limited on techs) you'll need at least 12.
Thank you for the advice. And thank you for this amazing guide and also for taking so much time to help out folks; very, very much appreciated!

Well, I've only 9 techs remaining inclding InA techs, so will go for Hoovers. They will still be more than enough to have some fun with fighting.

classick59

So I followed the first 2 rules for Joy Danba. However after following the story line for Botuku I scouted Bisabora then scouted Kalabuye(the last providence owned by Joy). It asked for me to take 2 providences from Bisabora which triggered the 3 hovers. Kalabuye is still untouched. Next quest is asking to take Bisabora and scout below territory below which is the 4th hover.

Edit: which will require to take over Kalabuye

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

So I followed the first 2 rules for Joy Danba. However after following the story line for Botuku I scouted Bisabora then scouted Kalabuye(the last providence owned by Joy). It asked for me to take 2 providences from Bisabora which triggered the 3 hovers. Kalabuye is still untouched. Next quest is asking to take Bisabora and scout below territory below which is the 4th hover.

Edit: which will require to take over Kalabuye
That's fine that you have the hovers. It's just to make sure that you get the quest that gives you three hovers.

Question on advancing through CE map (following path to get Hoovers). I don't care about diamonds, just maximizing the amount of higher age troops I get.
Is it best to negotiate all the way through the CE map? Abu Harbi's and the Sheik's?
Or, more simply, is there any reason to fight any CE map provinces? If not, I'll just negotiate my way through.
Thank you!

Last edited: