• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How are GE points calculated?

Salsuero

Ok that's totally fine. So why is successfully negotiating on the first turn not worth more than on the third turn?

As I said, it's not consistent. Please read what I wrote.

How do you know it isn't? Here's what he said: "What isn't tested but is suspected, extra turns on negotiating will subtract from your maximum potential regardless if by diamonds or by tavern boost." I don't see how you can leap to a conclusion before testing it.

Frank the Dude

How do you know it isn't? Here's what he said: "What isn't tested but is suspected, extra turns on negotiating will subtract from your maximum potential regardless if by diamonds or by tavern boost." I don't see how you can leap to a conclusion before testing it.

Yes, this we did not test. But I suspect solving negotiation in 3 tries is thought to be equivalent to troops not being required to kill their opponent on the first strike. You either solve it in 3 negotiating moves or you solve it in strategic battle without loses to be awarded the maximum Expedition points. Taking loses or going beyond the 3 tries is below the benchmark set for that encounter and you therefore won't get the same amount of points.

Again, this is suspected. A well coordinated guild with a good tracking sheet over multiple levels and even multiple expeditions would be needed to truly flesh it out. Regrettably, this does not describe our guild :rolleyes:

DeletedUser31498

I have two cities, so next week I'll just negotiate for the first encounter in both. requires only coin and supplies. So I'll solve it in two tries in one city and 3 in the other, see if points are different.

Salsuero

I have two cities, so next week I'll just negotiate for the first encounter in both. requires only coin and supplies. So I'll solve it in two tries in one city and 3 in the other, see if points are different.

And then you'll solve it once using a 4th turn from the tavern, and then once using diamonds for a 5th turn, right? That is how you emulate real-world negotiations.

DeletedUser29933

Sorry to wake this thread up, but the question came up once again and I can no longer find my sources of information. Hoping to have someone here confirm or deny the info I provide below.

GE points are a factor of the established battle point system or Goods spent negotiating. Not having the exact info, battles were essentially the weight of attacking/defending armies minus losses. Victory with zero damage taken yields max points. Later the age, the higher the battle weight and point potential.

When negotiating, points are merely a factor of resources expended. Lucky first guess = lower points. Multiple attempts and bought additional will yield higher points again, with later age resources having higher point value.

regardless of age. points earned convert equally to crowns for the guild. later age players make more points in either path and thus provide more crowns.

In other words, it pays to dominate in a fight and suck at negotiations.

DeletedUser32387

This thread unfortunately hasn't answered the OPs question.
There is often a wide disparity between the expedition points scored by two or more GE players in the same era, 50k -80K by the time GE4 is finished.
So what we need at least is a list of the conditions, buildings, etc that contribute to a player's expedition points.

Floki IV

Where is the "break point" for the Computer to step up it's defensive percentage? Is it by era?, or does skip one? or maybe as your attack reaches a certain percentage. I noticed the stronger I build my attack percentage, I am really not that much better off as it sometimes takes 3 hits to kill the opposing unit anyway. It appears the stronger I get, the stronger the CU gets. Any ideas or thoughts?

Salsuero

Where is the "break point" for the Computer to step up it's defensive percentage? Is it by era?, or does skip one? or maybe as your attack reaches a certain percentage. I noticed the stronger I build my attack percentage, I am really not that much better off as it sometimes takes 3 hits to kill the opposing unit anyway. It appears the stronger I get, the stronger the CU gets. Any ideas or thoughts?

I don't mean for this to sound rude, but what does this have to do with this thread? You resurrected a dead thread that has nothing to do with your question instead of just creating a new one.

Floki IV

I don't mean for this to sound rude, but what does this have to do with this thread? You resurrected a dead thread that has nothing to do with your question instead of just creating a new one.
I am new and just thought there was some experienced players here that was discussing some somewhat similiar to my question. Did not mean to make anyone angry,

Kranyar the Mysterious

I recommend that you go to the Questions forum and post up your question there. That would be a more appropriate place, and would more likely find the people that can answer it.

That said, I am now going back into my cantation room to see if I can cast a spell to return this thread from the nether realms from which it spawned.
Bibbity
Bobbity
@Stephen Longshanks
Boo

Salsuero

I am new and just thought there was some experienced players here that was discussing some somewhat similiar to my question. Did not mean to make anyone angry,

I'm not at all angry. I'm just asking why you resurrected a dead thread that doesn't have anything to do with your question instead of starting a new one dedicated entirely to your question. You stated your reason. I didn't know what your reason was before you did so, and that's why I asked.

Conquest Steve

(Edit: please note this is for the Expedition Points you earn, NOT PvP Tower points)

So, I’ve done a ton of data collection on this. Here are a few conclusions I feel comfortable making:

Fighting:
  1. The Expedition Points you earn are based on the number of units you defeat, your age, and what encounter you are fighting.
  2. Every four (4) encounters (after each big encounter) the amount of EP you earn for each unit defeated goes up.
  3. Losing units, taking damage, the age of defending units, and the age of defending units does not impact the EP. In this way, the points you earn for a successful battle are fixed for the encounter. (Exception: see bullet 5)
  4. Losing a battle provides a pittance of EP, you’d have to lose a TON of battles to significantly increase your EP.
  5. Currently, if a Missile Artillery unit (Contemporary Age) fires in the final wave of a battle, it does not count into your EP earnings. Unknown if this is a bug or a design decision (reported on bug forum).
  6. The use of the Kraken or Virgo Project abilities does not impact your EP earnings.
Negotiating:
  1. The value of EP you receive is based on the baseline fighting value times a negotiation multiplier.
  2. At 10 total offers made, you earn almost exactly the fighting EP value (it is slightly off, my guess is due to rounding in the maths).
  3. At the end of the negotiation, for every offer you make above 10 you receive approximately 1.67% more EP compared to fighting. If you succeed in 13 offers, you’ll get approximately +5% more EP ( 1.67% * (13-10)) than for fighting.
  4. At the end of the negotiation, for every offer you make below 10 you receive approximately 1.67% less EP compared to fighting. If you succeed in 7 offers, you’ll get approximately -5% less EP ( 1.67% * (7-10)) than for fighting.
  5. The number of negotiation rounds, age of good, amount of coins/production, amount of goods per offer, nor the number of successful, incorrect person, or wrong good offers does not impact the amount of EP you earn. (Only the total number of offers matters, regardless of the breakdown in offer status)
  6. The amount of EP you earn for a failed negotiation is a pittance. Someone would have to fail a TON to make a meaningful impact.
General:
  1. You earn ~6.5% of your EP potential for completing GE Level 1, ~12.5% of your EP potential for GE Level 2, ~28% of your EP potential for GE Level 3, and ~53% of your EP potential for GE Level 4. Verified to be stable across ages with Iron Age, Progressive Era, Modern Era, Post Modern Era, and Contemporary Era data.
  2. Typical variance for a negotiating guild member going all the way to 64 encounters is about +5 to +10% of the value a player makes for fighting all the way (at least in our guild).
  3. Each age uniformly increases the EP you earn for each encounter by an age multiplier.
  4. The number of GE meters you can fill up appears to be scaled such that 25 meters is equal to the EP value of everyone completing 64 encounters. In theory, a single player guild should fill the meter 25 times if the player completed 64 encounters.
  5. The amount of crowns you earn per GE Meter is based on the ages of the players capable of participating in GE.
If you are looking for Excel sheets, purdy graphs, and a detailed write up, see my janky Wordpress site:

Fighting Analysis
Negotiation Analysis
GE Meter Analysis

Last edited:

Tarkkus

Individually I'm not 100% sure but
@Salsuero post' is how I always thought it was. As a whole:

The guild expedition championship is a competition between 7 guilds. The guilds can be from any server. The highest three guilds receive a guild power boost at the end of expedition. The guild in first place receives a 25% boost to the guild power, second place receives a 15% boost to the guild power and third place receives a 10% boost to the guild power.

The percentages the guilds receive are based on the number of encounters that guild members have solved divided by the number of encounters for the guild in the first three expedition maps. The encounters on the forth expedition map are a bonus.

S = Number of encounters solved by guild members.

M = Number of guild members.

P = Percentage of encounters solved.

P = S / (48 x M) x 100
Can you give an example of how many crowns are given in per season, in Diamond league, for 1st place? Is it absolute?