• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How to accrue special event buildings?

Lady Gato

I have a question about special buildings -- I placed the sphendrone in my city and it says bronze age. Does it change as I age up ? Or do I need to do something to it to age the special buildings up when, for example, I go into Iron Age. Would it be better to hold onto a special building till you've aged up then place it?

Edit: Ok nevermind I just went to the wiki and found my answer at least for this specific building:

Renovation Kit needed to upgrade to current Era
One Up Kit needed to upgrade by one Era

And as you "remodel" it, or age it up the building provides more resources

Edit: But I still have my last question - say you won the building during one era but didn't place it until a later era. Which era applies?

Last edited:

Plain Red Justice

They don't age up. You'll need very rare One ups and Renovation kits for em to follow to your present age. So basically it depends on your needs and where you wanna stay into this game.

---Do you plan to be a Space/high age player?
xxxIf yes, then don't waste Reno kits. Only One up kits at most
xxxIf no and you want to stay at a certain age forever then go ahead and use Reno kits as well.
---Have you not figured out your playstyle and happen to lack both Store buildings (very rare as well) and expansions
xxxIf yes, then let em sit there.
xxxIf you've figured you need em ASAP and are an integral part of your playstyle, then do it

Lady Gato

snip
---Have you not figured out your playstyle and happen to lack both Store buildings (very rare as well) and expansions
xxxIf yes, then let em sit there.
xxxIf you've figured you need em ASAP and are an integral part of your playstyle, then do it
I actually have 3 store buildings - and I haven't figured out how far I want to go yet.

So I will take your advice & use some buildings that will allow me to make "space" and keep the others for later.

Thanks.

BruteForceAttack

I have a question about special buildings -- I placed the sphendrone in my city and it says bronze age. Does it change as I age up ? Or do I need to do something to it to age the special buildings up when, for example, I go into Iron Age. Would it be better to hold onto a special building till you've aged up then place it?

Edit: Ok nevermind I just went to the wiki and found my answer at least for this specific building:

Edit: But I still have my last question - say you won the building during one era but didn't place it until a later era. Which era applies?

By default they wont age up...BUTTT...Most of the buildings now come with upgrade kit to get the building to multiple levels and when you upgrade it will move the building to current age as well.

So for e.g. even if you place sphendrone in your city now...but save the last upgrade ...and only upgrade it after you move to next age...your sphendrone will be of the next age...This is handy if you know that you are going to move up really soon.

Lady Gato

snip

So for e.g. even if you place sphendrone in your city now...but save the last upgrade ...and only upgrade it after you move to next age...your sphendrone will be of the next age...This is handy if you know that you are going to move up really soon.
Thank you - I do in fact have an upgrade :)

Dominator - X

Keep in mind, too, that you may not want to upgrade them to your age. If you keep the ones that produce goods at one age earlier, you will have goods income to help when you do any negotiating, especially for the GBG.

Agent327

They don't age up. You'll need very rare One ups and Renovation kits for em to follow to your present age. So basically it depends on your needs and where you wanna stay into this game.

Wrong answer.

One up and Reno kits are not rare at all if you do GE and DC's.

Multi level buildings also level up when you raise a level after going to the next age.

Plain Red Justice

Renos in GE? lol Lemme know how many Renos you'll need to fill up a Space city. Much less a One up. You also seem to be pretty insistent on F2P'ing based on your posts so I'll wait

Emberguard

Renos in GE? lol Lemme know how many Renos you'll need to fill up a Space city. Much less a One up. You also seem to be pretty insistent on F2P'ing based on your posts so I'll wait
That depends on a few factors. How long you’re camping in a single age (longer duration means more events in a lower age). Whether you’re replacing event buildings. What the output of the building gives. How many events you have in inventory you can place down after you age up, etc. Some players will need more then others. All part of choosing how to approach the game

Agent327

Why?

So you can continue your wrong assumptions and argue this to death?

I told you how it works. Accept it or not, but stop misleading other players.

Plain Red Justice

Lemme know the chances to get a Reno from GE so we can all learn if it's indeed rare or not, I'll wait. Learning is good, it makes you a better FOE player

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicholas002

Lemme know the chances to get a Reno from GE so we can all learn if it's indeed rare or not, I'll wait.
don't have to wait long. I got one today, so for this week, the chance is 100%. :p

[EDIT] just looked it up: 20% chance to get a reno kit, and 20% chance to get a one-up kit for completing the guild expedition.

so approx. every other week you will get one of the two.

Bosshoof

Ok. So at this point you have few options, but with these next 2 events, especially the summer event you can make some leaps forward.

To lose a few residences, you could continue to lvl your ToB, though not a huge population, you could lvl it and take down a few residences, plus those daily collection of goods certainly cant hurt. I would not level your Oracle anymore. You will likely get rid of it at some point, especially if you have room issues.

The 2nd thing you can do is look for buildings in the antique shop that offer population. The Lords Manor as this point in your growth would be a great building to have. You could swap out several residences if you got one.

Other than the main buildings the soccer event does not offer a lot of population solutions. That said the Summer Event will feature the Crows Nest, if you can fully level it, you will be able to get rid of a bunch of residences. Even to Lvl 5 it gives 2k population. Almost 3k at lvl 8. Im assuming the Governor's Villa will also give population. The Ship also will be offered and it too provides generous population.

My strong suggestion is to work your city to be in prime condition when the summer Event starts. (July or August). Go hard in the summer event after the Main Event building, the ship and the Crows Nest. You may if you do well in that event be able to get rid of all your residences, and also have a ton of great producing event buildings.

I have slowed way down on my research and am concentrating on leveling up my GBs. I am also paying more attention to the story and daily quests. Should I also slow down on taking over provinces on the continent map? I just moved to North America. I have to do all of my province growth by negotiation, as my army is too puny to take on the defenders. I plan to add one more CA military barracks soon, but will still be too weak to fight. I am also Screenshot (1).png
blueprint away from my Zeus.

Agent327

I have slowed way down on my research and am concentrating on leveling up my GBs. I am also paying more attention to the story and daily quests. Should I also slow down on taking over provinces on the continent map? I just moved to North America. I have to do all of my province growth by negotiation, as my army is too puny to take on the defenders. I plan to add one more CA military barracks soon, but will still be too weak to fight. I am also View attachment 16195

You are in balance when you can take provinces both by negotiation or fighting.

Plain Red Justice

Pretend your Campaign map doesn't exist because proceeding in there at all is a noobtrap, like buying FP to get that epic Maypole. That's not how you get stronger

More importantly, why do you not have an Arc? Unless that's an intentional playstyle which I've seen quite a few times, what you're doing is disastrous. Do you not know how to purchase GBs via FP? Or add random people to get some easy blueprints?

DevaCat

I have slowed way down on my research and am concentrating on leveling up my GBs. I am also paying more attention to the story and daily quests. Should I also slow down on taking over provinces on the continent map? I just moved to North America. I have to do all of my province growth by negotiation, as my army is too puny to take on the defenders. I plan to add one more CA military barracks soon, but will still be too weak to fight. I am also View attachment 16195
Oh yeah, I would entirely forget about the continent map for now, ditto for story quests. You've got some city work to do! First up, get your tech buildings up to date.

Colonial has a nice small footprint Clockmaker for supplies -- ditch the huge HMA farm, the EMA stuff, the LMA stuff. You could place a few cheap Bronze Age Blacksmiths to help with the event produce supply quests. Colonial is one of the nirvana ages for heavy questers, but you don't have to be one to benefit from doing some recurring quests while collecting your city. But do try it out, you may find that you like it and get the itch to find Chateau prints lol.

Get your military up to date. Is that a little Ygg? Get some levels on that bad boy. Ignore any advice to the contrary. :) Zeus will help, it's small and cheap to level, but no secondary benefit. Next one should be CdM imo, and it gives fps.

There's so much space taken up with cultures and decos for happy I want to gnash my teeth! If you have to have them, go for the biggest and the fewest you can get by with-- each of those little decos sucks up a motivation that could have gone to productive use. Don't forget you can upgrade roads for a bump in happiness.

That's just a start; going forward, others have given good advice. I'd just note that there's not much FP production showing. No SoKs? Event FP buildings? Something to think about. You're going to want an Arc at some point, and that GB has quite the appetite!