• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

How to accrue special event buildings?

Farfle the smelly

I actually have 3 store buildings - and I haven't figured out how far I want to go yet.

So I will take your advice & use some buildings that will allow me to make "space" and keep the others for later.

Thanks.
How in the heck did you get 3 store buildings? I’m such a jealous Judy right now! I can’t even get one, despite my many many failed efforts.

Lady Gato

How in the heck did you get 3 store buildings? I’m such a jealous Judy right now! I can’t even get one, despite my many many failed efforts.
To answer you and to answer @Agent327 : I've been in 2 events - archaeology (caught the end of) and the soccer event (ongoing). I was lucky enough to score them there. It is good to know that once I've unlocked daily challenges and GE that I can get some more there. LOL @RazorbackPirate - that is a crazy amount.

Bosshoof

Oh yeah, I would entirely forget about the continent map for now, ditto for story quests. You've got some city work to do! First up, get your tech buildings up to date.

Colonial has a nice small footprint Clockmaker for supplies -- ditch the huge HMA farm, the EMA stuff, the LMA stuff. You could place a few cheap Bronze Age Blacksmiths to help with the event produce supply quests. Colonial is one of the nirvana ages for heavy questers, but you don't have to be one to benefit from doing some recurring quests while collecting your city. But do try it out, you may find that you like it and get the itch to find Chateau prints lol.

Get your military up to date. Is that a little Ygg? Get some levels on that bad boy. Ignore any advice to the contrary. :) Zeus will help, it's small and cheap to level, but no secondary benefit. Next one should be CdM imo, and it gives fps.

There's so much space taken up with cultures and decos for happy I want to gnash my teeth! If you have to have them, go for the biggest and the fewest you can get by with-- each of those little decos sucks up a motivation that could have gone to productive use. Don't forget you can upgrade roads for a bump in happiness.

That's just a start; going forward, others have given good advice. I'd just note that there's not much FP production showing. No SoKs? Event FP buildings? Something to think about. You're going to want an Arc at some point, and that GB has quite the appetite!
Pretend your Campaign map doesn't exist because proceeding in there at all is a noobtrap, like buying FP to get that epic Maypole. That's not how you get stronger

More importantly, why do you not have an Arc? Unless that's an intentional playstyle which I've seen quite a few times, what you're doing is disastrous. Do you not know how to purchase GBs via FP? Or add random people to get some easy blueprints?
As a fairly new player I do not know about purchasing GBs or random people for easy prints. I have donated a few FPs looking to accrue Arc prints. How can I possibly collect the advanced goods needed to build an Arc?

Bosshoof

Oh yeah, I would entirely forget about the continent map for now, ditto for story quests. You've got some city work to do! First up, get your tech buildings up to date.

Colonial has a nice small footprint Clockmaker for supplies -- ditch the huge HMA farm, the EMA stuff, the LMA stuff. You could place a few cheap Bronze Age Blacksmiths to help with the event produce supply quests. Colonial is one of the nirvana ages for heavy questers, but you don't have to be one to benefit from doing some recurring quests while collecting your city. But do try it out, you may find that you like it and get the itch to find Chateau prints lol.

Get your military up to date. Is that a little Ygg? Get some levels on that bad boy. Ignore any advice to the contrary. :) Zeus will help, it's small and cheap to level, but no secondary benefit. Next one should be CdM imo, and it gives fps.

There's so much space taken up with cultures and decos for happy I want to gnash my teeth! If you have to have them, go for the biggest and the fewest you can get by with-- each of those little decos sucks up a motivation that could have gone to productive use. Don't forget you can upgrade roads for a bump in happiness.

That's just a start; going forward, others have given good advice. I'd just note that there's not much FP production showing. No SoKs? Event FP buildings? Something to think about. You're going to want an Arc at some point, and that GB has quite the appetite!
Get my tech buildings up to date? Where do I find upgrade kits for my Ygg or other such improvements? I am looking to consolidate my happiness production by getting rid of some decorations and replacing them with cultural buildings.

Farfle the smelly

Yes you can. Talking and integrity would be your main weapons in this game rather than what your city has
And generally being supportive of your guild. My guild in my second city has made ALL the difference in my game, and I’m still in Iron and haven’t even opened GE yet. They’re super generous - but I’m also rather psychotic about aiding, and in the end it all balances itself out. One day I’ll be helping the ‘little guy’ with my masses of FPS and they’ll be motivating my monsterous buildings so I can be more effective.

Guilds, man. They’re the bees’ knees.

DevaCat

Get my tech buildings up to date? Where do I find upgrade kits for my Ygg or other such improvements? I am looking to consolidate my happiness production by getting rid of some decorations and replacing them with cultural buildings.
Get tech tree buildings up to date = I.e., Get rid of previous ages supply buildings and replace them with current age, more efficient supply buildings (Clockmakers).

You get upgrade kits for your Ygg by completing more Viking settlements -- yes, it's torture but worth it in the end.

Ask your guild for the names of trusted Arc goods sellers. A decent seller will walk you through it so you will know how it's going to work. Basically, you contact a seller and tell him you need an Arc goods set. Keep this message thread open for the entire transaction. You both agree on a price in fps -- this varies from seller to seller and server to server. The seller tells you which of his GB(s) to put the fps on, then you put up trades in the Market at the rate of 1 of your cheap (usually Bronze Age) goods for 2 of the Arc goods you want. Attach these trades in your message thread and the seller will fill the trades. Voila, you'll have Arc goods in inventory.

Key here is "trusted" seller. I wouldn't use just any Tom, Dick or Harry who hasn't been vetted.