• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How to find out who's aided me withough creating a spreadsheet!

Johnny B. Goode

Ok. so It does take longer to go through 45 pages in event history than it does to scroll through the bar at the bottom where the avatars are.
So the trick is to use the filter for "Social Interactions" in Event History. If you don't see filters, click on the three bar icon in upper left corner and click on "Show Filters" to activate the filters. When you use that filter, only aids (and plunders, for some strange reason) show up. That should cut it down considerably from 45 pages. And you only have to do it this way once in a while, not every day.
I've never seen a red dot. And everyone in the avatar list has an orange AID button each day.
Hover your cursor over the players' avatars on your friends list and the third line will show either a green, amber or red dot. Green is active within the last 2 days, amber is last active more than 2 but less than 8 days ago, and red is last active more than 7 days ago.
And yes, everyone in the avatar list will show as needing aid unless you aid from Event History first. That's why you aid from Event History and then look at the Social Bar (what you call the avatar list). And to repeat, you don't have to do this every day. Once a week at the most, probably only once a month or so realistically.

MJ Artisan of War

I aid from Town Hall exactly as Johnny describes on the Sunday between events... as folks get busy during events and might forget to aid.
No aid given in the last three days.... Ba-Bye!
When my total Friends drops below my target # I go to my highest current Friends and check out their Taverns for folks to add.... My theory is that those You find in Taverns make good Friends.... and Tavern Visitors.... lol

So the trick is to use the filter for "Social Interactions" in Event History. If you don't see filters, click on the three bar icon in upper left corner and click on "Show Filters" to activate the filters. When you use that filter, only aids (and plunders, for some strange reason) show up. That should cut it down considerably from 45 pages. And you only have to do it this way once in a while, not every day.

Hover your cursor over the players' avatars on your friends list and the third line will show either a green, amber or red dot. Green is active within the last 2 days, amber is last active more than 2 but less than 8 days ago, and red is last active more than 7 days ago.
And yes, everyone in the avatar list will show as needing aid unless you aid from Event History first. That's why you aid from Event History and then look at the Social Bar (what you call the avatar list). And to repeat, you don't have to do this every day. Once a week at the most, probably only once a month or so realistically.
Thanks.. Your answer was v comprehensive and what I was looking for. Being able to filter will make things go quicker when I'm looking! Totally what I was looking for, didn't have that display option w/out clicking on the 3 lines.

Can you also answer my Q re the FP? Is there some etiquette I don't know...was told differently...someone here said you have to ask B4 putting FP on someone's GB and this was called sniping??? Versus what I was told sniping was, that it was putting points down on someone's GB towards the end to bypass someone else and take a higher position.

Ebeondi Asi

The two links I posted above discuss the adding Fps to Great Buildings in detail. rewriting thousands of words is boring.. go to the links and read.

Johnny B. Goode

Can you also answer my Q re the FP? Is there some etiquette I don't know...was told differently...someone here said you have to ask B4 putting FP on someone's GB and this was called sniping??? Versus what I was told sniping was, that it was putting points down on someone's GB towards the end to bypass someone else and take a higher position.
There is a widespread idea that you have to ask before putting FP on someone's GB. To be honest, it really is a good idea with friends and guild mates. With neighbors? I personally don't think so. You don't owe neighbors anything, least of all the right to determine whether you can put FPs on their GBs. Neighbors are fair game for anything. With friends and guild mates it's a different story. There is a relationship there that requires different etiquette.

As for the second definition, that is what I have always believed to be the correct definition of sniping. It was the definition early in the game's life, before hyper leveled Arcs and the resulting 1.9 donation player construct. Meaning that after Arc hyper leveling became widespread, many players decided that they deserved that 1.9 donation and anyone who didn't fall in line with it was "sniping".

Bottom line: With friends and guild mates, best to ask before donating. With neighbors, just do what you want and ignore any complaints from them. They're your FPs and you have the perfect right within game rules to use them to your profit on neighbors' GBs. Don't let anyone tell you different!!!

There is a widespread idea that you have to ask before putting FP on someone's GB. To be honest, it really is a good idea with friends and guild mates. With neighbors? I personally don't think so. You don't owe neighbors anything, least of all the right to determine whether you can put FPs on their GBs. Neighbors are fair game for anything. With friends and guild mates it's a different story. There is a relationship there that requires different etiquette.

As for the second definition, that is what I have always believed to be the correct definition of sniping. It was the definition early in the game's life, before hyper leveled Arcs and the resulting 1.9 donation player construct. Meaning that after Arc hyper leveling became widespread, many players decided that they deserved that 1.9 donation and anyone who didn't fall in line with it was "sniping".

Bottom line: With friends and guild mates, best to ask before donating. With neighbors, just do what you want and ignore any complaints from them. They're your FPs and you have the perfect right within game rules to use them to your profit on neighbors' GBs. Don't let anyone tell you different!!!

Thanks for the info. I guess I have tons of msgs due people I had not asked. I'd asked Guildmates before and hadn't heard that, it's possible of course neither had they.

In any case, thanks also for also for confirming what I'd heard re the sniping was correct.

Thanks for your help and patience!

Johnny B. Goode

Thanks for the info. I guess I have tons of msgs due people I had not asked. I'd asked Guildmates before and hadn't heard that, it's possible of course neither had they.

In any case, thanks also for also for confirming what I'd heard re the sniping was correct.

Thanks for your help and patience!
Some guild mates/friends won't care, but others will. It's just politeness to ask them, especially the first time on a specific GB. If you have donated to some and they haven't complained, then I wouldn't worry about messaging them after the fact.

Some guild mates/friends won't care, but others will. It's just politeness to ask them, especially the first time on a specific GB. If you have donated to some and they haven't complained, then I wouldn't worry about messaging them after the fact.

I understood that was how you got blueprints, but hadn't heard anything about having to ask first. In any case, no one seems to be very upset so far. I've already msgd everyone. Honestly I don't understand why it would be a problem (but I guess I haven't read the full text in the forum yet). And noone asked me either (but I only have the first GB). There's much about the game that you have to have the time to research. It would have almost been better to have a flag when you sign up for the game that you should read the rules first. Thanks again (I haven't gotten a ton of responses in the game chat so have come here and noticed you've answered earlier questions last week too, so thanks again! And I've also asked on reddit)

Johnny B. Goode

It would have almost been better to have a flag when you sign up for the game that you should read the rules first.
One last clarification. This issue of donating FPs to GBs has nothing to do with game rules. The whole "asking permission to donate" is a player construct. It is not a game rule by any stretch of the imagination. At various times in the 7 years I've played, I've gotten messages asking/demanding that I either add the "proper" amount or refrain from donating in the future. I laugh those off. And I tell those players that they are not in charge of my game. And if they threaten me with attack/plunder, I laugh even harder and tell them to do their worst. Then I check their other GBs to see if any of them are ripe for "sniping". LOL

Mathius Magnus

Aurora: sometimes groups get together to help each grow their GBs. They designate positions on each GB and take turns contributing so all of them get the BPs they need and the FPs returned. If someone snipes the GBs, it messes up the whole process, cuts at least one of the members out, and spoils their progress. Some people don't care about that and will snipe them any way. I would not want someone to mess up my groups so I don't mess with theirs.

Honestly I don't understand why it would be a problem (but I guess I haven't read the full text in the forum yet). And noone asked me either (but I only have the first GB). )

It really only becomes a problem when the owner is using that building in an organized program such as a Round Robin, Building Leveling Group or 1.9 thread. Outside of that, any real harm is only in the minds of the aggrieved party.

Chances are if you had disrupted something like the above, the owner would have messaged you.

With some experience, you'll learn to recognize these by the pattern of FP donations.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Aurora: sometimes groups get together to help each grow their GBs. They designate positions on each GB and take turns contributing so all of them get the BPs they need and the FPs returned. If someone snipes the GBs, it messes up the whole process, cuts at least one of the members out, and spoils their progress. Some people don't care about that and will snipe them any way. I would not want someone to mess up my groups so I don't mess with theirs.
It really only becomes a problem when the owner is using that building in an organized program such as a Round Robin, Building Leveling Group or 1.9 thread. Outside of that, any real harm is only in the minds of the aggrieved party.

Chances are if you had disrupted something like the above, the owner would have messaged you.

With some experience, you'll learn to recognize these by the pattern of FP donations.
And in any case, if it's a neighbor...who cares? Neighbors are owed nothing. And if I find a neighbor's GB that is obviously being leveled that way, I don't hesitate to jump on the highest lockable slot. I wouldn't do that to a friend or guild mate, but every time with a neighbor.

Ebeondi Asi

It really only becomes a problem when the owner is using that building in an organized program such as a Round Robin, Building Leveling Group or 1.9 thread. With some experience, you'll learn to recognize these by the pattern of FP donations.
New players do not use 1.9 because they would lose a ton of Forge Points. (unless really desperate for blueprints) to use a 1.9 thread one really needs to own an Arc at level 80 or at least near 80 (or above)
New players are generally unlikely to be in a Guild that has a 1.9 thread running. New players usually use swap threads, and weaker Guilds usually use swap threads. and players who hate math will like swap threads a lot more than 1.9 type threads. (Be aware before Arc existed, swap threads were all there was, so some older players like them despite their flaws)
The main problem with swap threads for players who actually want to get ahead are the fact only the highest daily Forge Point producers will win top reward spots. Most better players are fully aware they are using the weak players in swaps to further their own growth by winning most of the rewards. new and weak players are generally totally unaware they are being used. Or if casual players, do not care.
The problem in swaps can be ameliorated if players work to take just each others GBs in swaps to build up an advantage to get rewards.
The other problem with swaps is snipers love swaps since the positions at some point can be sniped with a good profit. To the weaker swap users this is of zero concern. But for advanced swappers, they have to be careful to try to avoid getting sniped off positions. (This can be done)

Last edited:
And in any case, if it's a neighbor...who cares? Neighbors are owed nothing. And if I find a neighbor's GB that is obviously being leveled that way, I don't hesitate to jump on the highest lockable slot. I wouldn't do that to a friend or guild mate, but every time with a neighbor.
Agreed 100%. Do it to neighbors, but not friends or guildmates. At least not if you want to remain such.

Glaun

From Wki

Event History goes back 5 days. Aid all your Friends from History. Then review your Friends on the social bar at the bottom of the city screen. The ones who have not Aided you recently will show up as needing Aid. Don't Aid them, instead see if you can sit at their Tavern. If you can they are active, just not Aiding. Ask them nicely to start Aiding. Those you can't sit at more than a couple days in a row prolly are inactive, you can check their scores, ping them, or boot them.

Thanks. New things to look up! Round Robin / Bldg Leveling Group (although this one sounds self-explanatory) lol. Yes, well, that is sort of what I thought, that as long as you didn't make it go to the next level or take someone's spot, you'd be ok. I sent a note aplogizing and most acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. It's possible the person here who commented is in a much more stringent Guild. Thanks again!

New players do not use 1.9 because they would lose a ton of Forge Points. (unless really desperate for blueprints) to use a 1.9 thread one really needs to own an Arc at level 80 or at least near 80 (or above)
New players are generally unlikely to be in a Guild that has a 1.9 thread running. New players usually use swap threads, and weaker Guilds usually use swap threads. and players who hate math will like swap threads a lot more than 1.9 type threads. (Be aware before Arc existed, swap threads were all there was, so some older players like them despite their flaws)
The main problem with swap threads for players who actually want to get ahead are the fact only the highest daily Forge Point producers will win top reward

Thank you. I'd never seen the filters you'd mentioned. I had toclick on the bars to get it. Thanks for pointing that out, I've been using that now. I just make it a point to aid from that place now instead of the social bar. Unless I'm feeling nice and then just aid all the ones at the bottom too. Looks like no one in my neighborhood is aiding at all. Only friends and guildmates. Can't delete the neighbors lol. I have found a lot who appear inactive there. Ah well. Maybe I'll get new neighbors :)

I was donating the FP btw because I wanted BPs. Still plugging away, I keep getting duplicates. I hdn't heard of swap threads b4 but just looked it up and I think I've seen 2 people use it for goods trade and to announce a leveling. Would have to look it up to figure out. Thnks. People who I put FP on their GBs have seemed to give back some to me.Not all but some people. Guild is laid back and still growing. Only 40 but not all are active. Again, thanks so much for explaining the filters on the activities page!

One last clarification. This issue of donating FPs to GBs has nothing to do with game rules. The whole "asking permission to donate" is a player construct. It is not a game rule by any stretch of the imagination. At various times in the 7 years I've played, I've gotten messages asking/demanding that I either add the "proper" amount or refrain from donating in the future. I laugh those off. And I tell those players that they are not in charge of my game. And if they threaten me with attack/plunder, I laugh even harder and tell them to do their worst. Then I check their other GBs to see if any of them are ripe for "sniping". LOL
OMG too funny. Thanks!