• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

HTML Feedback

DeletedUser26182

WIN 7 - Chrome --- city loaded up good, images are ok, no noticeable difference from Flash. In GE, laggy (same as it does with using Flash), game stalled/locked up in 2nd battle when Surrogate fired at Drone Swarm; x'd out of game and went back in to complete that battle, plus did a few more battles (no issues in those).

Edit --- Using the scroll bar when setting up a market trade causes the listing to lag behind after you have stopped scrolling - this also happens when manually moving through the listing by clicking on the up or down arrows at the top and bottom of the scroll bar.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32355

System:
AMD A4 processor (4 cores, 1.8Ghz)
4GB RAM
Windows 10 Home
Google Chrome 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)
AMD Radeon R3 GPU

A ton of bugs after using it for a few minutes:
#1: The "Unread Message" notification blinks too bright.
upload_2018-6-13_12-25-18.png
#2: The text when someone aids you is off-center.
#3: Scrollbars appear when the game is loading that should not be there.
#4: The cursor disappears for a second when pressing an "OK" button.
#5: There is a two-line break at the end of the chat that should not be there.
#6: The large loading icon (for stuff like GE and tech tree) does not look right. It uses only two colors and a simple shape.
#7: The icons for goods spent negotiating in GE are a few pixels off. Same for the icons (zoom, settings, fullscreen) in the lower left corner.
#8: In the quests, the "Supplies +" icon is blurry, and the text has this weird, shaking shadow (best visible on the 'w').
upload_2018-6-13_12-11-11.png
#9: There are no sparkles (or whatever they are) behind your character in the Town Hall.
#10: There is no loading symbol for images that have not loaded yet.
#11: The text of people in Taverns have an insanely large shadow.
upload_2018-6-13_12-15-6.png
#12: High memory usage (+300MB more). This is memory used with HTML5 after opening the Town Hall, the Quests List, GvG, and GE:
upload_2018-6-13_12-15-47.png
and with Flash:
upload_2018-6-13_12-18-12.png
#13: The "InnoGames" logo does not appear on the first loading screen (the dark blue one).
#14: There's a weird shadow on the goods list when making a trade.
upload_2018-6-13_12-22-21.png
#15: The grey "Next Level/Last Level" icons are blurry.
upload_2018-6-13_12-22-59.png
#16: The game freezes for 15 seconds if I right click > Copy image.
#17: If I open the Continental Map, go back, then open it again, the game freezes.

Game data: 1.128.f03df7112e (13.06.2018 10:44), King Zack the Almighty (13697137), us24, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 10, Chrome/67.0.3396.87, 1366x635, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

It's also probably not a bug, but HTML5 hurts my eyes wayyyy more then Flash does.

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-13_12-24-6.png
    upload_2018-6-13_12-24-6.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 3

RazorbackPirate

1.128.f03df7112e (13.06.2018 10:44), RazorbackPirate (14353863), us22, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 10, Chrome/66.0.3359.181, 1536x759, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

When in message center, double clicking on text does not highlight or select it.

DeletedUser26965

Locked up on me after 13 minutes of play, was in the process of opening GB's lists from the player bar icons from different players, RAM still higher than Flash but not as bad as before when I was hitting 2Gb in 10 minutes.

locked-up.gif

1.128.f03df7112e (13.06.2018 10:44), SloppyJoeSlayer (6910076), us4, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 7, Chrome/67.0.3396.79, 1271x865, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 1.0 (OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

Chris7143

On a positive note however, I've just aided everyone by running along my lists and hitting the aid button, and it works like a dream. Far quicker than with flash and much smoother too, especially when taverns open and BPs are won.

Salsuero

HTML5:

No right-click menu to come to the forums or contact support? Bummer.

Worse... you are resetting my zoom level every time I return to my town from another part of the game. This was fixed in Flash, but apparently overlooked in HTML5.

I'm back to Flash... for now.

Salsuero

#8: In the quests, the "Supplies +" icon is blurry, and the text has this weird, shaking shadow (best visible on the 'w').

Yeah, that's a result that I'm familiar with in graphic design when a font has an outside border applied using the "stroke" method. If you choose sharp corners (as opposed to rounded or beveled) with certain fonts, and you don't choose to miter the corner correctly based on the font's needs, you end up with it sharpening out steep angles that would normally be mitered. They need to look into the mitering value for the sharp corners to fix this specific issue.

Latest version of Chrome.
The keyboard short cuts for the message window are total broken.
I already saw comments and cut / paste not working - control-c, control-v, control-x
End key would bring you to end of line in flash. In HTML-5 in highlights the line, and leaves the cursor at your current position. It is behaving how shift-end behaves in flash. Home key has the same issue.
Flash - control-home brought you to the beginning to top, leftmost spot. HTML-5 acts like you hit the home key, not control-home. Control-End has the same issue.
I had one case of arrows being weird. Can't figure out why they failed to scroll. Next time it worked.
I suspect there is more with keyword short cuts, they really need a heavy round of testing.

Overall HTML-5 far faster. Hopefully the kinks can be worked out.

DeletedUser23489

I frequently copy text from an editor and paste messages to guild members and found that I did not have have a paste option when HTML5 was turned on. The only options I have when right clicking the mouse to paste text are save image, copy image and Inspect. The copy paste function I was using in the message system is very handy for sending guild information and instructions to new members.
Browser Chrome
Windows 10 PC 64 bit PC with 8.00 GB RAM.
Processor AMD FX -6300 6 core AMD Radeon RX 560 Series graphics card

DeletedUser19152

I am VERY pleased with the HTML version.

I've had the game open since 9pm on my laptop (currently 12:33am) and it has not frozen once. With Flash, it froze all the time and I would have to go to full screen to unlock it. The fact I've been able to play for 3 hours without the game locking up makes me want to play more.

Chrome's RAM useage is 2GB. With the game running, the CPU is pulling between 40-60% load. With the Flash version, i was routinly seeing 4GB of Ram used and the CPU maxing out at 100%. The fan would be running at full power trying to cool the laptop.

I can confirm copy/paste only works with keyboard shortcuts.

I will also second that it is a bit slower to load, but I'm happy to trade an extra minute of load time for not having to fix the constant crashing.

Will try on my desktop tomorrow.

Laptop:

Core I7-4610 3GHZ
8GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Windows 10

DeletedUser

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-5010u CPU @ 2.10GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 6.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Windows 10
Chrome
HP laptop

A little bit slower to load a world. Much, much faster and smoother aiding from Event History and aiding/Tavern sitting from social bars. Just finished aiding/Tavern sitting on 6 worlds, and fighting at least 8 encounters each on 3 worlds with absolutely no problem. Also much smoother and faster setting productions with hot keys. No hesitation on the production window popping up like there was on Flash. In fact, everything seems smoother and slightly to remarkably faster on HTML5. Right-click doesn't work, but you can still contact support through settings, and the hotkeys still work for copy/paste, which I just used to transfer a long post from a 2 person message to a guild-wide message. Slightly less convenient, but a feature not used that often (at least by me), so no big deal. I'll take the slower city loading and right-click issues over Flash issues any day.

manlymanman

Here's the brilliant reply I received from "Support" after I reported the black screen bug:

Forge of Empires - Customer Support New2018-06-14 11:24:22
Hello manlymanman,

The game is not currently available on HTML5

Respectfully,

Seriak
Co-Community Manager
Forge of Empires, U.S.

Graviton

I tried Chrome on my PC to see if that was any better than Opera. No, it is not. Everything is significantly slower. The only thing that's faster than before is logging out. It's really pretty bad, I may be jumping on the lemur train. I'll try my Windows laptop tonight to see if it might be an issue with PC resources.

AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon
12 GB installed RAM

1.128.f03df7112e (13.06.2018 10:44),
Graviton (3213388),
us20, en_US,
WEB 7,1,1,0,
Windows 7,
Chrome/67.0.3396.87,
1536x760,
OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

BruteForceAttack

I frequently copy text from an editor and paste messages to guild members and found that I did not have have a paste option when HTML5 was turned on. The only options I have when right clicking the mouse to paste text are save image, copy image and Inspect. The copy paste function I was using in the message system is very handy for sending guild information and instructions to new members.
Browser Chrome
Windows 10 PC 64 bit PC with 8.00 GB RAM.
Processor AMD FX -6300 6 core AMD Radeon RX 560 Series graphics card

I miss it too, however you can use ctrl-c and ctrl-v to copy paste.

BruteForceAttack

Here's the brilliant reply I received from "Support" after I reported the black screen bug:

Forge of Empires - Customer Support New2018-06-14 11:24:22
Hello manlymanman,

The game is not currently available on HTML5

Respectfully,

Seriak
Co-Community Manager
Forge of Empires, U.S.

Which browser you were using?

DeletedUser35511

A lot of whiners on here. Just wanted to share a glitch I've found. Someone whines about it in an earlier post, but doesn't share a capture. I'm just sharing a screen capture. I've seen this in Chrome, Torch, Vivaldi and Edge (the worst browser ever?). The name of a person that's aided you or visited your tavern is off center in the message screen. Running Windows 10 64 bit with 32GB memory, so I don't have a lot of issues with the game in general, even with 10-15 programs running at once. Aiding is a lot faster with HTML5. On torch, I kept getting these weird issues where the shadowing is shifted from objects to the right or left and when I'd exit from GE, GvG, etc, the mouse would lock in drag mode and I couldn't click on anything. This is specific to Torch, which I've stopped using. It's by far the fastest browser for GvG (when you sit down to do 500 battles, a few seconds at a time makes a big difference), but the browser isn't very secure and if I can use Vivaldi or Chrome for GvG going forward, then I won't use that one anymore. As for the whiners, they are putting forth a lot of effort to make a great game and you don't have to pay for it. I for one am glad for this sort of free game that's very fun to play. As they transition to html5 due the industry changing, there will be glitches. Just get over it. Seriously.
First image is using Vivaldi. Second Torch. I had to scrunch the second one to get it to fit and it's a little blurrier than I'd have liked.
Added another image of the resources being off-center in GE.
FoE glitch.jpg FoE Torch Glitch.jpg
FoE Browser Glitch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Graviton

A lot of whiners on here...As they transition to html5 due the industry changing, there will be glitches. Just get over it. Seriously.

You realize this is a feedback thread, right? How is IG supposed to address those glitches unless we tell them what they are? It's not whining.
:rolleyes:

Under Windows 10 and Opera on my HP laptop the game performs very well in HTML5, unlike on my Windows 7 PC. I'll have to dig into that and figure out what's screwy about my PC.

DeletedUser32355

Just wanted to share a glitch I've found. Someone whines about it in an earlier post, but doesn't share a capture. I'm just sharing a screen capture. I've seen this in Chrome, Torch, Vivaldi and Edge (the worst browser ever?). The name of a person that's aided you or visited your tavern is off center in the message screen. Running Windows 10 64 bit with 32GB memory, so I don't have a lot of issues with the game in general, even with 10-15 programs running at once. Aiding is a lot faster with HTML5. On torch, I kept getting these weird issues where the shadowing is shifted from objects to the right or left and when I'd exit from GE, GvG, etc, the mouse would lock in drag mode and I couldn't click on anything.
View attachment 10361 View attachment 10362
View attachment 10363
Thanks for the capture! I missed getting one. :)

DeletedUser28727

I switched to HTML5 hoping things would be better. WRONG!
So far the issue has been loading and just game play in general. Things take much longer to load sometimes a LOT longer. this happens at home and at work. Also, in GE I used to be able to GE, click on a battle, then on negotiate and then on one of the tribal dudes and see the goods it needed to see if I was good and then click off and go get stuff if needed. In HTML5 I can't get away from the screen showing what goods the chief wants, I have to refresh the browser. On the market screen or the Treasury screen the goods drop down is slow to respond.
My work machine is a newer Dell running the current version of Chrome and fully updated windows 10.
At home I'm running on a lenovo ThinkCentre with an updated Windows 7 box and Chrome 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit).

I find HTML5 more lacking than flash.