• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

If your friend asked you what game you are playing and then asked you if he/she should play, based on recent developments, would you say yes or no.

Based on recent developments, would you recommend this game to a friend who asked about it?

• Yes.

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • No.

Votes: 34 64.2%
  • Yes, if they would play on PC.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • No, if they would play on mobile.

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johnny B. Goode

This is for @CDmark.

EDIT: I have added two more choices based on feedback by @Dursland. Also added the option to change your vote since some players already voted with only the first two choices available. Additionally, after realizing that I should have combined the last two choices, I have added the option to choose two responses. (Unfortunately, I also discovered that once you add a choice, you can't delete it. LOL)

Last edited:

Dursland

Already happened. I was talking about FoE in a Grepolis chat room and someone asked me for a link. I asked if they'll be playing on mobile. They said yes.

I told them bluntly they probably wouldn't enjoy it then, and that was that. No link was given. This was like 2 days ago.

Emberguard

It would be very hypocritical to not recommend a game that I enjoy and continue to keep playing on the basis of “oh no, you won’t enjoy this”. That’s not my decision to make on their behalf

If a friend shows interest then yes I will recommend the game, and let them know I’m available if they need pointers on the game. If they don’t show interest then it’s not going to bother me.

If they want to know whether it’s free-to-play or pay-to-play I’m not going to hide either aspect from them. It wouldn’t be doing them any favours to do otherwise

Dursland

It would be very hypocritical to not recommend a game that I enjoy and continue to keep playing on the basis of “oh no, you won’t enjoy this”. That’s not my decision to make on their behalf
I play on Desktop. If they had said they were gonna play from Desktop too I would have shared the link.

I don't play from mobile. I have logged into it in the past and honestly I find it awful. I don't understand how anyone can play FoE that way. Even without the ads I wouldn't recommend the mobile app to anyone, but now that the ads are very intrusive it's definitely not an experience I want to share.

Happy to refer players if they play on Desktop though. And for me that's a better use of my time, as they'll be more likely to stay and enjoy the game and get me some free diamonds for the referral.

Johnny B. Goode

I play on Desktop. If they had said they were gonna play from Desktop too I would have shared the link.

I don't play from mobile. I have logged into it in the past and honestly I find it awful. I don't understand how anyone can play FoE that way. Even without the ads I wouldn't recommend the mobile app to anyone, but now that the ads are very intrusive it's definitely not an experience I want to share.

Happy to refer players if they play on Desktop though. And for me that's a better use of my time, as they'll be more likely to stay and enjoy the game and get me some free diamonds for the referral.
I have added two possible responses to the poll based on your very good point. Thanks. Also added the option to change your vote for those who already voted with only the first two choices available.
EDIT: And now I realize that I should have combined those two into one choice, so I've added the option to choose two answers.

CDmark

TY Johnny, I would tell him no, the game has been changing for the worse. It isn't only the diamonds, as an early player, GE has been stripped down for new players (no rogue, champs, GE less rewarding until you get to L4).

The Lady Redneck

Good one Johnny!!
I would tell them to try it on the PC. Not on Mobile. I would tell them that the game was past its best, and was becoming a bit of a grind. And would strongly advise that they spent no money AT ALL on it. If after they had given it a fair shot (6 months to a year) they had gotten into the game enough to feel they wanted to make it a long term thing, (and it was still on the go). then they could reassess that.

Angel.

i play mobile to check in when im at work on breaks but it not good to play the game on had to change my play time in 1 world to when im home
also deleated a world

RazorbackPirate

Great question. I answered no. I would not recommend a game I myself can no longer play. I've leveled my GBs, left my guilds and will now leave the game.

What was once a fun diversion has become a life suck. While many here do, I refuse to give my life to this game. Real life is much more exciting leaving little time to do even the bare minimum. The current event and GE 5 were just the pushes I needed to take the step I should have months ago.

I never spent a dime, and now, I reclaim my time.

honey55

The reason I'm still playing the game is because I'm addicted. My guess is i wont last to the end if the year if the game keeps heading the way it has recently. There are too many negatives. When i started years ago if i played smart, i could do well. I read up on every event and planned accordingly. I like strategy games. I never had to ask anyone to take unfair trades though a leader wanting me to have the traz cause i was doing gvg, traded me the needed goods cause i was to low an age to get them. I got the event buildings totally leveled except once cause i was prepared. There were no ads, no gbg, no easy aiding. One had to enter cities to aid and check out gbs. My efforts were rewarded. Now, there's too many issues. Gbg is a greed fest. The player rewarded is the one who does only sc supported sectors. Not the one that is able to go to higher attrition cause they took the time to get the right buildings. They decreased diamonds for ge while still allowing so many diamonds in gbg. Some are sacrificing diamonds for SCs while others are making tons. Gvg cant be done on mobile, and despite what some believe, not all of us have internet so can't play on PC. We haven't had internet for years now. To expensive when only used for one game by one person. There are now things you can't get without spending real money. Events are getting harder to get the main event building fully leveled. Still not sure the St Patrick's day event was worth it. Why would i encourage anyone to play a game that not only has pages of negative comments, but is headed toward being pay to win, and doesn't even do little things like moving the tavern ad, let alone fix gbg before coming out with something new. I kind of wonder if any game like this one can truely be a strategy game since decisions are made not based on what makes the best strategy game but what brings in the most money.

Dukester69

I've been playing this game since the beginning (2014). I truly like this game, but they are slowly changing it to where the rewards are not worth the time and efforts. Level 5 of the GE is a total bust, I won't even waste the time there. I once played 6 cities, deleted 3, 1 just sits and I play the other 2, time will tell for how long. Been waiting forever for a the new Era on the tech tree. Hope things start looking better.

Johnny B. Goode

Great question. I answered no. I would not recommend a game I myself can no longer play. I've leveled my GBs, left my guilds and will now leave the game.

What was once a fun diversion has become a life suck. While many here do, I refuse to give my life to this game. Real life is much more exciting leaving little time to do even the bare minimum. The current event and GE 5 were just the pushes I needed to take the step I should have months ago.

I know we've had our differences, but I have missed you on the Forum, and am sad that you are leaving the game...although the time may come soon for me, too. I wish you well.

MJ Artisan of War

You have always been a sane voice in this wilderness... You shall be missed...
Safe Travels RP......

qaccy

I'd recommend it based on my own preferences. First started playing in 2013. Game's changed a lot since then, but here on the forums I'd be in a minority for thinking that more of those changes have been good than bad, and that the game's overall still enjoyable. It's likely that my perspective's uncommon both since I'm a premium spender, and because I've grown to not let games (nor the decisions of their developers) ruffle my feathers too much.

I recommend playing it only on a PC. Never mind the ads, combat on a mobile is torture. Unless it is auto-battle, which I generally avoid.

Having said that, my opinion of FoE, very high until then, just dropped quite a bit. Guild Expeditions used to be my favorite part of the game, and I think the recent changes to it are terrible. I would be OK with just adding GE Level 5, but the nerf of levels 1-4 is... bad.