• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Incident Feedback

DeletedUser27860

I can't wait to see this, it's been in the works for quite some time @.@ hope all goes well with the testing <3

'-.-' ~{( <3 )}

DeletedUser29535

The only incident of note I have observed is Inno trotting out the same pony with a horn glued to its forehead, hoping that it will somehow create more buzz than the last time we saw it. The ride isn't worth the climb onto this sad little pony. And the genius programmers said, "Maybe this will help bring back some of the 80% of players that are inactive". Another lame pony from Inno trying to pass for a unicorn

DeletedUser29242

I put free stuff in a plastic bag and roll it out to the curb twice a week. but the man in the big truck won't pick it up for free? A couple thousand coins in OF isn't worth the mouse click.

This game is free, but you're in OF and still playing, so you only take everything else that's free to the curb twice a week?
Not sure why people are so upset about this, if you don't want to search and click, don't.

DeletedUser31169

I actually love the feature. I have found 2 so far that give 5 fp's each, several that have given medals, and some small ones with coins, goods, etc. It is a fun feature. For me, it is worth the effort in he hopes of getting fp's and medals, and free stuff is free stuff.

DeletedUser30751

I wish you had only told those that were going to get incidents that they had them. Many of us are frustrated that others are celebrating or complaining about what they got but we don't even have a chance at them. This was especially hard since we didn't KNOW it was only for a select group so I know I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why I couldn't find any a lots of time looking, messing with settings, rebooting, etc. When one of my guildmates found her 8th one I got downright angry. If those that were going to get them were told it wasn't for everyone they could have at least let us know. When it was in beta that was fine since I choose not to participate in Beta I don't expect those things. This was different.

I use the treasure hunt so will be very sorry to see it go. I think the incidents should be an addition instead of a replacement - especially if the rewards discussed are as small as reported. The number of coins for example is less than the 5 minute treasure hunt - seems like a lot of time spent looking for small rewards so should be the reward for the hunt.

Just my two cents

DeletedUser27040

I'm not one of the select few in the initial rollout, so I agree with the frustration expressed above when seeing multiple guild members finding things while I'm wasting my time like a fool determined to find at least 1 so I can test out the new feature. Requiring users to search for their own solutions, in this case finding out you are not in the test group, is not recommended for any business especially software.

As I recall from beta this feature didn't get tested much because it wasn't worth the effort. Why would I spend several minutes scouring my map to get a pittance, especially when I can get 10x the reward from any of my buildings, which are in a static location, on an easily viewable timer, and I usually receive a helpful notification when they are ready to collect. Playing "Where's Waldo?" in FoE is cute and will entertain some, mostly newer, lower aged players and those who are bored, but with such paltry rewards is unlikely to garner more widespread usage.

I would rather see the treasure hunt rolled out on mobile, as has been requested many times, by many people for years now. Incidents pale in comparison to the TH which was recently removed in beta due to "limited usage." Of course its use is limited; if the majority of your player base is on mobile where the feature doesn't exist and many others are migrating that way due to the issues with constantly updating FLASH, then it isn't going to have a large user base.

Simply put, the incidents feature is cute, but less impressive or enticing than the simple click 6 times a day treasure hunt.

Victoria and Albert

I love the incidents. I've gotten 2 kites, 4 vegetable gardens with corn stalks, the mammoth bones, the SOS, a tree blocking the road, the dog in a boat,2 treasure chests and the tree with bee's nests.
The value of the prizes? Not earthshattering - very small amounts of coins or supplies but I have received a total of 140 medals which is cool.
The value of finding these cool animations? Pretty high for me on the fun factor.

DeletedUser25637

Well.. so far, I am still not special enough to get incidents. One H of a way to release updates... I think the next time I do updates for one of my customers, I will only let them be available for some of their employees, but not all. Wonder how my customers would like that? Oh... yea, sadly.. they would fire my A. :)
Difference is.. they pay me to do work for them... oh.. yea... D... I pay to play this game, also. Will definitely rethink that situation.

DeletedUser25637

I am curious.. I play on multiple worlds and have not gotten the update on any of them.. so, I assume there is a flag on my Customer Account that deems whether I get the update or not. How many others here play on multiple worlds.. do you have it on all or not??

DeletedUser

I am curious.. I play on multiple worlds and have not gotten the update on any of them.. so, I assume there is a flag on my Customer Account that deems whether I get the update or not. How many others here play on multiple worlds.. do you have it on all or not??
I have cities on many worlds, but only play 3 actively. I've gotten the Incidents on all 3 of those, but they didn't all start on the same day.

DeletedUser13838

Anyway, Inno seems to have data indicating that the treasure hunt was not a very widely-used/popular feature, hence it never being a priority to port over to mobile and its now-imminent removal from the game*. If this ends up being a seldom-used feature as well, perhaps it will meet a similar fate.
Or perhaps it wasn't so popular because it wasn't available on mobile? Anyway I assume I'm not getting "incidents" as I still have treasure hunt.

DeletedUser27385

Thank you for your response. However, I am adult player who has been playing for over a year, and I am in 3 different worlds (none of which are getting the 'Incidents'; therefore, I do not see this as completely fair. Especially, since several of my guild have received diamonds.

Respectfully,
SheilaC4

DeletedUser26759

Or perhaps it wasn't so popular because it wasn't available on mobile? Anyway I assume I'm not getting "incidents" as I still have treasure hunt.

I currently have access to both Treasure Hunt and Incidents. Having one does not preclude having the other, for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Victoria and Albert

Is there a reason incidents do not appear for Chrome and Opera users? I have friends running MS Edge and Maxthon that have seen multiple incidents in their cities, but Chrome and Opera is hosed. I have no data on Firefox users but I would be interested to hear from them.