• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

incidents and their rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser26120

I'm just logging into beta a few times a day to dump my fps on tree so I can get to IA for forum access.

Anyway they have this new thing they're testing called 'incidents' - random events that happen in the wilderness around your city or even in the water.

You click them and get a random reward. The reward will depend on which kind of incident you encountered - common, uncommon, rare, etc.

I just now got 5 fp from one of them for doing absolutely nothing but clicking on it. Very cool!

Someone posted a thread about this but I couldn 't find it so I'm starting a new discussion.

Thoughts on this? More details: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/new-feature-incidents.7581/

DeletedUser27889

I had posted it here: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...ona-foe-has-a-present-for-you-spoilers.18052/

My results were:2 FP
2Fp
2 medals (bronze city)
2 medals
10 goods.

Though I think the 10 goods was a fluke as since I've gotten 5 from incidents. That was also during one day since then I've received

1-2 per day mainly coins. 5 in a bronze city.

I'm just logging into beta a few times a day to dump my fps on tree so I can get to IA for forum access.

I was able to sign up and use the beta forum with a Bronze age city a couple of weeks ago so if there had been a block in place I'm guessing there is no longer. I also didn't see anything in their forum rules about length of time on beta before posting on beta.

Algona

Guys, there is a reason there is a beta spoiler forum.

I'd be mighty appreciative if you ysed it.

DeletedUser26120

I use Alerts and New Posts system, I rarely know which forum I'm posting in. I didn't even know there was a beta spoilers forum, that's why I couldn't find the original thread. Looked in Forge Hall.

rock1951

Funny--as my one world was loading this A.M--the "did you know" message mentioned incidents in and around the city.

DeletedUser15539

Has there been an announcement yet when the incidents will start in our worlds?

Bob the Elf

Well, the 'spoiler' is the Splash page in the non-beta app that's been announcing Incidents since the middle of June. As a guild leader, I've been asked about it for weeks! So the only question I have is when and will it be available in the app?

What I've read so far about the beta implementation is varied and quite a bit of disappointment.

Last edited:

Mustapha00

It made sense to me to hold off the activation of Events until after the Summer Event.

But here we are, (slightly) after the Summer Event and soon to be beginning the Marilyn Monroe Event. Sure, it won't be anywhere near as time-consuming and complex as the Summer Event was, but it will till take at least a wee bit of planning in order to complete it efficiently (just in case it requires multiple 24 hour productions, Scouting a Province or Gaining Control of a Province, Completing a Technology, etc.), so maybe we'll see Incidents after this Event.

DeletedUser26965

It made sense to me to hold off the activation of Events until after the Summer Event.

But here we are, (slightly) after the Summer Event and soon to be beginning the Marilyn Monroe Event. Sure, it won't be anywhere near as time-consuming and complex as the Summer Event was, but it will till take at least a wee bit of planning in order to complete it efficiently (just in case it requires multiple 24 hour productions, Scouting a Province or Gaining Control of a Province, Completing a Technology, etc.), so maybe we'll see Incidents after this Event.
Just from my observations but only events and expansions seem to follow a pretty strict schedule coming off of beta whereas things like Incidents they actually hold back long enough to work our bugs and changes, the new GB interface has been in development for over six months.

Bob the Elf

Well, I got curious and setup a beta account, just to see what all the fuss was about. Honestly, Incidents appear, to me, to be no big deal. It takes about 2 minutes to peruse the territory around my Bronze Age city for Incidents. I have no idea what I've found, because I see nothing that tells me, if I've found common, uncommon or rare Incidents. The rewards have been a couple of FP, 10 goods(?) and something else about equal to the FP. In other words, I think it's debatable if it was worthwhile. They're tiny and I would guess searching for them in a browser even on my 27" Mac display would be tiring. On an iPad where I can stretch the magnification a bit and smoothly scroll around with my finger it's not so bad, but hardly worth the rewards I've seen. Unlike the Relics in the GE, there's nothing to indicate there's an Incident to be found which means you can search around, but there's not necessarily something there to be found. That's more waste of time for not so much of a return.

To return to my original message, the members of my guild brought it to my attention and have been hammering away wanting to know when Incidents were going to start showing up. The splash page announcements in mid June caused a lot of them to start searching around their cities for these things. With no answers from me or Inno some of them are probably still looking. My guess is, they'll be disappointed when/if Incidents get to the regular worlds.

DeletedUser27285

Anyway they have this new thing they're testing called 'incidents' - random events that happen in the wilderness around your city or even in the water.

You click them and get a random reward. The reward will depend on which kind of incident you encountered - common, uncommon, rare, etc.

I just now got 5 fp from one of them for doing absolutely nothing but clicking on it. Very cool!

Someone posted a thread about this but I couldn 't find it so I'm starting a new discussion.

Thoughts on this? More details: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/new-feature-incidents.7581/
l had a friend forge of empires a couple weeks ago and he is getting incident. l have been playing almost a year and l don't see anything, or anyone in my guild. l keep thinking with every update it will start. Are incidents for new player's only?

DeletedUser26120

Are incidents for new player's only?
That's a good question, I don't get them on US21 but I saw a screenshot of someone getting them on US8.

I don't have a way to start a new account on 21 and test it without breaking the rules. Are you on US21? If not you could try joining and see if they pop up there.

I will join US20 right now and try.

Bob the Elf

Ok, so where are we on Incidents?

I'm getting guild members reporting that they're seeing them, but not ALL members are seeing them. What gives? Is this being rolled out gradually or something? Is if buggy?

DeletedUser29390

I've received my notice about incidents this morning and have come across 2 in Tuulech.

Status
Not open for further replies.