• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Inno's money grubbing ruining the game

Big Snafu

Dear Inno,

I love this game. I've been playing it for over 10 years and have enjoyed it immensely. However, it's been a feeling long coming, but a number of changes over the last year or two have made it obvious how money hungry Inno has gotten recently.

1. GBG - The fact that one GUILD can beat another guild by using diamonds (money) to complete buildings a disgusting display of greed. I do not mind if someone builds their own city up with money, but it just seems wrong for a whole guild to be penalized because another guild will spend money. This is also a boring aspect of the game where "he who has the most game time wins." Now I understand that that rule, is true with most things, but it's not even interesting to sit and click for 400+ battles to take a sector.

2. GvG - This has been my favorite feature of the game for years because it pits you in direct competition with another living being rather than computer generated opponent. You have to think fast and react to your human opponent strategy. And now you're planning on removing it from the game for a couple reasons: 1. It's tough to maintain; 2. There is some cheating; 3. you can't figure out how to support it on the mobile app; and, 4. You have been unable to figure out how to monetize it.

3. GE - The recent change with adding GE5 and removing a lot of the diamond rewards is another display of Inno's money grubbing.

4. Events - you are making it so that you can't compete with other players without spending money to get top prizes. Now, I don't expect anything for free, but to have to spend $500 and up to be in the top league is really obnoxious.

Thanks for the playing pleasure to date, I think a legal separation might be in order leading to a divorce
Big Snafu

JJ597

In response to your comments:

1) I'm in a world where one guild in GBG only targets my guild. Solution, don't fight and don't care about any missed rewards.
2) As a newer player, could not get interested in GVG. My question is how many players there are and what revenue Inno gets, vs the cost.
3) That was disappointing to me also, I had started playing in additional worlds to "farm" GE for diamonds.
4) A question for all those who "brag" about how they were in GOLD for the event. Do you even build the GOLD only event building?

I enjoy how I play this game.

A thank you to all those who spend big $ on this game.

Dursland

4) A question for all those who "brag" about how they were in GOLD for the event. Do you even build the GOLD only event building?
Why wouldn't you build them? They have the best stats in the game.

Although Trailside Smithy is starting to get powercrept now lol.

Calendar buildings are getting powercrept too, like Skull Cave.

jaymoney23456

If inno is so hard up for revenue a monthly subscription would be a far better option than letting players gain a rediculous advantage and just buy cities that can now be built in weeks or months with as much attack as players who spend little or free to play players have been able to build in years-not a game anymore at that point its just a contest to see who can spend the most!

jaymoney23456

the drivel that is coming out such as the rival quests and never ending events that force players to spend more and more time playing each day just to have a chance to get the main building from the event without spending is just insulting and will probably lead to the demise of the game in the longterm.

Sharmon the Impaler

the drivel that is coming out such as the rival quests and never ending events that force players to spend more and more time playing each day just to have a chance to get the main building from the event without spending is just insulting and will probably lead to the demise of the game in the longterm.
Then quit the game . what is the point of you staying here whining like a two year old that can't have the happy meal ?

Sharmon the Impaler

Thanks for your post Sharmon. What Gold event special reward are you showing? Anyone else?
All the 1%s and the calendar buildings that I kept are in the pic. 5 X 1% and 2 Calendar buildings. Trailways , Bourgainville , Grape Stomp ,Skull , Phantom / , Santa Showtime and Sweet Gingerbread

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

What people see and believe is censored by their preconceptions. So the op here is certain the company is out to rob him. My preconceptions tells me I an enjoy a game that is fun to play, and costs a lot less than many other hobbies for a lot more time of use.

Pericles the Lion

If inno is so hard up for revenue a monthly subscription would be a far better option than letting players gain a rediculous advantage and just buy cities that can now be built in weeks or months with as much attack as players who spend little or free to play players have been able to build in years-not a game anymore at that point its just a contest to see who can spend the most!
Can you name an online game that is potentially free-to-play, but offers the opportunity for in-game purchases, that doesn't give paying players an advantage over F2P players?

Emberguard

Yes. 100%. That's the main point of aiming for Gold League now

I'm not bothering with going for Gold in any Event where I can't reach it for free or relatively cheap on my Free-to-Play account. Those Events I've managed to reach Gold within 10k diamonds I've done so. A couple was within a range where I could have achieved without any diamonds at all, but was willing to spend some diamonds to ensure I don't get bumped off last minute

As such I'm not even looking at the leagues in the current Wildlife Event. I already know I'd struggle to get into Silver League with diamonds even if they didn't put the Rival in it, so no point in aiming for it if we also have to compete against the Rival

It's definitely getting harder to do without diamonds since the $1 sales at the start of Event coupled with the 3 hr end of Event sales

You sold the boat?? Who is going to be my best friend that I can go boat fishing with now.

We had a boat???! :eek:

Wwwoodchuck

Can you name an online game that is potentially free-to-play, but offers the opportunity for in-game purchases, that doesn't give paying players an advantage over F2P players?
I believe in any “F2P game” anyone buying an advantage, would have just that. Or at least give them the illusion of gaining an advantage/better experience, or they would not spend to do it. In this particular game (FoE), a F2P player will have the same opportunities/advantages of a paying player, only for free!

I will cite an example: In the current meta of this game, having the Championship Tower is the most sought after item. And yes, it could be argued it is not the most sought after item as I have been informed this is not a battle game, but for this example we will roll with that. Let’s say I was a F2P, and had spent $14.99 in 3- years of play and I want that tower! I would be able to join a top guild and ride the back of paying players who would diamond all the camps so the guild, and myself (the F2P player) could win the tower!

In this case, that doesn't give paying players an advantage over F2P players. It gives the F2P the advantage as someone else is paying for them to have access to that game item. The F2P does not have to be near as strong or have bought any advantage over any of the P2P, just do enough to not get booted from the guild.

If a F2P joined a guild without any paying players, the Guild would not be able to afford to rush all the camps and the guild would not be able to be competitive in the current GbG part of the game, which is not a battle game, and the Guild would not have a chance at the Championship Tower.

xivarmy

Path of Exile. All pay transactions are for cosmetics or storage.

You should've asked for mobile games specifically instead ;) Though there's at least one I have in mind where payment only speeds up your trip to the end - you're equal to all others at the same progression point as you (post probably get deleted if I mention it as it's more direct competition ;))

Pericles the Lion

Path of Exile. All pay transactions are for cosmetics or storage.

You should've asked for mobile games specifically instead ;) Though there's at least one I have in mind where payment only speeds up your trip to the end - you're equal to all others at the same progression point as you (post probably get deleted if I mention it as it's more direct competition ;))
Buying armor, weapons, or skills in PoE adds no advantage? If so, why would anyone spend?

xivarmy

Buying armor, weapons, or skills in PoE adds no advantage? If so, why would anyone spend?
You cannot buy armor, weapons, or skills with real life money. You can buy cosmetics to put on them to make them look different.

the main driving force for the function-over-form crowd is stash tabs to store more of your loot you find. You start with enough storage space to play through the main game, but if you play a lot in endgame, you probably want more space (and having spent 20+ hrs to get to that point likely, you're probably ok with spending something on it). Some of the stash tabs also provide extra organizational QoL, but they don't enable you to do anything you couldn't technically do without them. I have spent more on PoE stash tabs than I've ever even considered spending on FoE.

But their cash cow is almost certainly the cosmetics. Which can go for over 50$ an item just to have some neat pixels on your character (some are much cheaper). That's where the whales spend on it.

jaymoney23456

My comment wasn't about how many games do or don't have the option for players to buy things to get ahead. Xbox, playstation, and nintendo don't have online multiplayer games that give players a gameplay edge for spending more cash.

Sunslinger

Yes. 100%. That's the main point of aiming for Gold League now

I'm not bothering with going for Gold in any Event where I can't reach it for free or relatively cheap on my Free-to-Play account. Those Events I've managed to reach Gold within 10k diamonds I've done so. A couple was within a range where I could have achieved without any diamonds at all, but was willing to spend some diamonds to ensure I don't get bumped off last minute

As such I'm not even looking at the leagues in the current Wildlife Event. I already know I'd struggle to get into Silver League with diamonds even if they didn't put the Rival in it, so no point in aiming for it if we also have to compete against the Rival

It's definitely getting harder to do without diamonds since the $1 sales at the start of Event coupled with the 3 hr end of Event sales

We had a boat???! :eek:
100%, some events aren't worth the diamonds and others are. Being picky about how you spend them ensures top quality buildings not only now but in the future. Eg would be the Spectral Steeds that produces Lab's, its actually Epic unlike Autumn Vineyard, Winter Wonderland, Flamingo etc