• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Inno's money grubbing ruining the game

jaymoney23456

If one really wants to see what money grubbing looks like check out quantom incursions on Beta-from what is known so far it seems designed in a way to give whichever guild has players that buy the most passes an easy victory-at least this seems like what will go on with it based on what can be learned about it from Beta.

UBERhelp1

If one really wants to see what money grubbing looks like check out quantom incursions on Beta-from what is known so far it seems designed in a way to give whichever guild has players that buy the most passes an easy victory-at least this seems like what will go on with it based on what can be learned about it from Beta.
And, pray tell, how is that any different than what we already have? Those who spend have an advantage in GBG from city boosts, or via speeding up province buildings.

Johnny B. Goode

And, pray tell, how is that any different than what we already have? Those who spend have an advantage in GBG from city boosts, or via speeding up province buildings.
You know the difference. QI is the first game feature outside of events to have Passes that you have to buy with cash. Money grubbing at its finest! In GBG, advantages can be bought using earned Diamonds without spending cash.

Pericles the Lion

You know the difference. QI is the first game feature outside of events to have Passes that you have to buy with cash. Money grubbing at its finest! In GBG, advantages can be bought using earned Diamonds without spending cash.
I will correct one part of your statement. "QI is the first game feature outside of events to have Passes that you can buy with cash". Nobody has to buy anything in this game.

Johnny B. Goode

I will correct one part of your statement. "QI is the first game feature outside of events to have Passes that you can buy with cash". Nobody has to buy anything in this game.
Semantics is not your strong suit, is it? If you want one of the Passes you HAVE TO buy them with cash. Sad that I have to break down such simple concepts to you. Again, you're not even a very good troll. :rolleyes:

jaymoney23456

Another difference is that there isn't that big a difference betweek 2500 attack and 3000 attack for example in GbG. So the impact of extra attack stats bought with real cash is limited in many instances when it comes to GbG. Most strong GbG guilds have enough players to get diamonds from cities or buying them directly to rush camps at GbG start also to establish positon which is often important when negotiating map position.

jaymoney23456

Not nearly such a decisive advantage as a pass pertaining specifically to QI it seems from what I can learn from QI so far.

jaymoney23456

It also seems QI is basically the egyptian cultural settlement on steriods. Egypt was the absolute worst of the cultural settlements imo where you can't even use city attack for fighting the battles there. What is the use of having a good city if it is totally irrelevant for QI?

WillyTwoShoes

Let's move the discussion back to it's original topic. I've spent $ on this game, and will do so again. Waiting for 200% offer. However, I will not spend any $ for the gold or silver prize line in the event or spend any additional diamonds for Rival. Should we spend $ annually to support this game, Yes. The question is how much? Is it one annual purchase of $XXX with a 200% diamond offer reasonable?
First off let me say I don't trust Inno to do anything but pad their wallets for as long as they can then go out of business and open something else somewhere else. Nearly every online game I have played (and I've been playing online a long time) has done so. I definitely do not trust them on any of their event algorithms and why should I there is no oversight there.

Saying that however - in terms of my entertainment budget - I look at any cash purchases in foe much the same as I would the price of a movie. If I can come in under the price of a movie (popcorn soda etc.) and get several hours of entertainment value for it I'm in. If the movie stinks I'm going to tell my family/friends "I thought it was a rip off and wish I hadn't spent my money". If its a movie (read foe event/venue) that's not to my taste I'm going to say so and why.

jaymoney23456

At least we have clarity now, QI basically proved Inno has no intention of releasing content that is actually enjoyable vs. whatever thay can scheme up to try to suck as much revenue as possible from the remaining playerbase. Going forward then, we can at least avoid additional dissapointment in the sense that expectations should be so low at this point that it would take hard work to come up with anything more annoying than what is already being released!

UP ONLINE

Dear Inno,

I love this game. I've been playing it for over 10 years and have enjoyed it immensely. However, it's been a feeling long coming, but a number of changes over the last year or two have made it obvious how money hungry Inno has gotten recently.

1. GBG - The fact that one GUILD can beat another guild by using diamonds (money) to complete buildings a disgusting display of greed. I do not mind if someone builds their own city up with money, but it just seems wrong for a whole guild to be penalized because another guild will spend money. This is also a boring aspect of the game where "he who has the most game time wins." Now I understand that that rule, is true with most things, but it's not even interesting to sit and click for 400+ battles to take a sector.

2. GvG - This has been my favorite feature of the game for years because it pits you in direct competition with another living being rather than computer generated opponent. You have to think fast and react to your human opponent strategy. And now you're planning on removing it from the game for a couple reasons: 1. It's tough to maintain; 2. There is some cheating; 3. you can't figure out how to support it on the mobile app; and, 4. You have been unable to figure out how to monetize it.

3. GE - The recent change with adding GE5 and removing a lot of the diamond rewards is another display of Inno's money grubbing.

4. Events - you are making it so that you can't compete with other players without spending money to get top prizes. Now, I don't expect anything for free, but to have to spend $500 and up to be in the top league is really obnoxious.

Thanks for the playing pleasure to date, I think a legal separation might be in order leading to a divorce
Big Snafu
It is a give Take thing And Running this game is not cheap with ??/ how many counters they must keep track of LMAO
They do give Diamonds If you Know how to make the most out of them like the boosts on Rewords Quests +++
the map I think gives 2X on one map get some from fighting in GBG if your lucky GE has some that's all I'm saying About that.
How long have you been playing things don't change if you don't AGE up

jaymoney23456

It is a give Take thing And Running this game is not cheap with ??/ how many counters they must keep track of LMAO
They do give Diamonds If you Know how to make the most out of them like the boosts on Rewords Quests +++
the map I think gives 2X on one map get some from fighting in GBG if your lucky GE has some that's all I'm saying About that.
How long have you been playing things don't change if you don't AGE up
Oh goodie, please tell us how poor little corporations like Inno have things so hard lol

Pericles the Lion

The subject is money grubbing. Adding cash-only advantages to a game feature qualifies for that, despite your semantic shenanigans. Troll.
Cash only advantages have been with the game since it's beginning. Regardless, if you feel that they are "money grubbing" and if that causes you heartburn, don't spend on them. The reason you don't see me whining about them is I don't spend money on the game. Call me selfish but I don't care about aspects of the game that do not affect me. YMMV

Angry.Blanket

Cash only advantages have been with the game since it's beginning. Regardless, if you feel that they are "money grubbing" and if that causes you heartburn, don't spend on them. The reason you don't see me whining about them is I don't spend money on the game. Call me selfish but I don't care about aspects of the game that do not affect me. YMMV
So this conversation doesn't really concern you ? You are just here to harass the players that are supporting the game financially?