• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Inno's money grubbing ruining the game

jaymoney23456

The HF and RF are available in the epic 2024 wildlife kit. You can get as many as you like,
the RF was available without buying the pass last year-I didn't get the pass and got 1 lv 1 RF-can't remember exactly what was needed-might have been in pro league rewards but it wasn't only in the pass

Pericles the Lion

For 99.983% of the people , it never applies to you of course because everyone has 14K diamonds on top of what they spent already and on top of what it will cost in the end.
You toss out percentages as though you've actually done some research. Face it, you don't have a clue as to how many players there are that farm enough diamonds to afford spending 14K on an event. Maybe it's a lot, maybe only a few. We will never know with any certainty.

1707594379161.png

Johnny B. Goode

So what I think I hear you saying @Johnny B. Goode is that in 2017 or so, there was not anything you could buy directly, as you referenced - such as a "powerful building". I bought diamonds then for land squares, I think I was so noobish that I actually paid for a pesky blueprint too, and bought things in events, an extra this or that (way before fragmentation).

For me - I do count my 2nd or 3rd purchased CHERRY BLOSSOM set as "powerful building", but then again - all I had to do was have a few frogs jump efficiently and bought the chance to do that more times than were given to me for free (or earned).

So we did have that back then too - kinda, sorta - but I think you're saying it wasn't as rabid or pervasive or ubiquitous or as "in your daily face", as today.

I agree the player base had the sweet spot game here, and I often wondered "how are these guys doing this, this way, for so long"?

We know the answer - massive growth of the player population and from that, they kept their accounting beans in order by volume. Now it seems player counts are way down, and things cost most and there is a price tag on almost everything.
Until the cash prize lines were introduced, anything in the game could be bought with Diamonds, and Diamonds could be earned through free play (and still can). So even though there were Diamond-only things such as Diamond expansions, you still didn't have to pay cash for them. I still buy Diamond expansions and pay no cash to do so. I also use Diamonds on rare occasions for other things, but still pay no cash for those. Not only are there now cash-only prize lines, it is also much, much harder to set up Diamond farms. Wishing Wells/Fountains of Youth are harder than ever to get. Diamond rewards in GE were severely nerfed. Those were the two main patterns for Diamond farms. I actually had two or three that combined both WWs/FoYs and doing extensive GE. Now I only usually bother with GE in my three remaining semi-active cities, not at all in my Diamond farms. The whole pattern that Inno is following in FoE is to make it harder to play F2P and increase the % of the game requiring cash spending. Every event now requires cash spending to get everything available.
I played this game for 3 years and it dawned on me that it is now easier than ever to win fully leveled event buildings (including the main event building) for free.
I've played for 10 years, and getting the fully leveled event building is now harder than ever because there are now Silver and Gold upgrades after what used to be the fully leveled building. So if upgrades get it to level 10, that's no longer "fully upgraded", you still need two other upgrade items. Which you can get either by paying the cash price for the extra prize line(s) or by waiting months. Neither of which qualifies as "easier than ever" compared with previously. With rare exceptions, fully leveled event buildings were always readily attainable by anyone willing to put in the effort, with no cash spending or having to wait months for the last two levels.

Sharmon the Impaler

You toss out percentages as though you've actually done some research. Face it, you don't have a clue as to how many players there are that farm enough diamonds to afford spending 14K on an event. Maybe it's a lot, maybe only a few. We will never know with any certainty.

View attachment 21229
Look who is calling the kettle black lol. You spit out your garbage as facts all the time with zero research to back it up and the thing is you use this trash to dispute other non data backed numbers. You are just full of it.

Pericles the Lion

Look who is calling the kettle black lol. You spit out your garbage as facts all the time with zero research to back it up and the thing is you use this trash to dispute other non data backed numbers. You are just full of it.
If I post a number, or a percentage, feel free to challenge me (as you usually do) and I'll be glad to share the data behind them. Every time that I challenge you to back up your claims all I near is crickets (or, if you actually respond, deflection). Every time that you challenge me, I respond with back-up. Who is "full of it"?

Avan Sensei

I've played for 10 years, and getting the fully leveled event building is now harder than ever because there are now Silver and Gold upgrades after what used to be the fully leveled building. So if upgrades get it to level 10, that's no longer "fully upgraded", you still need two other upgrade items. Which you can get either by paying the cash price for the extra prize line(s) or by waiting months. Neither of which qualifies as "easier than ever" compared with previously. With rare exceptions, fully leveled event buildings were always readily attainable by anyone willing to put in the effort, with no cash spending or having to wait months for the last two levels.
It's not that bad actually to wait for Silver and Gold. You don't need to wait that long, at most 1-2 months? Shorter if you win some fragments from event progress. In just 9 days I'll get to Flamingo silver, and then a month for the gold I think. Didn't wait long for Autumn Vineyard either. Buccaneer Bay, 3 weeks? The worst was the Panda Shrine. It took 4 months for gold. Perhaps people complained and Inno reduced the wait time. I think the current wait times are reasonable.

jaymoney23456

It's not that bad actually to wait for Silver and Gold. You don't need to wait that long, at most 1-2 months? Shorter if you win some fragments from event progress. In just 9 days I'll get to Flamingo silver, and then a month for the gold I think. Didn't wait long for Autumn Vineyard either. Buccaneer Bay, 3 weeks? The worst was the Panda Shrine. It took 4 months for gold. Perhaps people complained and Inno reduced the wait time. I think the current wait times are reasonable.
Its not reasonable compared to the way the game used to be!

Emberguard

Afaik, there have been three buildings that could only be purchased with cash. The Keymaster Workshop (20th Anniversary Event), the Himalayan Firs (2023 Wildlife and 2024 Wildlife) and the Rhododendron Field (2023 Wildlife and 2024 Wildlife). The Keymaster is a pretty good building in that it produces frags of the Tower of Conjunction (but the ToC is rapidly being surpassed by more recent buildings). The HF and the RF are okay.
The Blue Lagoon was cash only

Emberguard

I've played for 10 years, and getting the fully leveled event building is now harder than ever because there are now Silver and Gold upgrades after what used to be the fully leveled building. So if upgrades get it to level 10, that's no longer "fully upgraded", you still need two other upgrade items. Which you can get either by paying the cash price for the extra prize line(s) or by waiting months. Neither of which qualifies as "easier than ever" compared with previously. With rare exceptions, fully leveled event buildings were always readily attainable by anyone willing to put in the effort, with no cash spending or having to wait months for the last two levels
Which is also why you want to place Level 10 as soon as you’ve obtained it: so it can start generating the silver fragments before the event is over

Johnny B. Goode

Whether you think they're reasonable or not, the point is that a "fully upgraded" main event building takes longer to get now than it used to unless you spend Diamonds and/or cash. Which means it's not easier now, and that was your contention that I was rebutting. Up until a couple of years ago, I played every event and got every event building that I went after fully upgraded (most of the time without the "help" from Beta players leaking the quests) with very little problem. Now I only play events where I enjoy the mini-game...or at least don't dislike it. And yes, I get all the regular upgrades I want, but still have to wait a while to get the "fully upgraded" version.

Johnny B. Goode

Which is also why you want to place Level 10 as soon as you’ve obtained it: so it can start generating the silver fragments before the event is over
That is exactly what I do on the events I play. Although, again, the fact that this is necessary reinforces the point that "fully upgraded" event buildings are not easier to get than in the past.

Pericles the Lion

Not forgetting the increased diamond cost of GBG quick builds and that's something everyone was clamoring for...
The increased diamond cost to rush is matched by the increased power of the commonly used building. For example, in the old GBG, the Siege Camp gave 24% chance of no attrition and cost 50 diamonds to rush. In the new GBG, the Fortified Guild Command Post is the most common building we use, 60% chance of no attrition and costs 125 diamonds to rush. The SC cost 2.08 diamonds per 1% chance, the FGCP costs 2.08 as well.

To reach the 80% max, four Siege Camps would have been needed. Rushing them would have cost 200 diamonds. Now, the 80% can be reached using one FGCP and one Improvised Guild Command Post. Rushing them would only cost 175 diamonds

Last edited:

Wwwoodchuck

The increased diamond cost to rush is matched by the increased power of the commonly used building. For example, in the old GBG, the Siege Camp gave 24% chance of no attrition and cost 50 diamonds to rush. In the new GBG, the Fortified Guild Command Post is the most common building we use, 60% chance of no attrition and costs 125 diamonds to rush. The SC cost 2.08 diamonds per 1% chance, the FGCP costs 2.08 as well.

To reach the 80% max, four Siege Camps would have been needed. Rushing them would have cost 200 diamonds. Now, the 80% can be reached using one FGCP and one Improvised Guild Command Post. Rushing them would only cost 175 diamonds
Ahh grasshopper. That is looking at it from the perspective of someone who does not spend to help their top guild in GbG. A freeee to Play rider letting someone else do all the spending. Folks try and rationalize the new and improved rates as per hit, or per attrition or whatever. That is not how it works out in the real world.

Bottom line for those of us who do spend to rush camps? Rushing 3 camps in the old system used to cost 150 Diamonds. Rushing 3 camps in the new system can cost 575.. or 525 diamonds now. I never really check how much, just hit them and finish them as soon as they are planted. Same 3 slots cost a lot more. And you will be filling those slots or you are losing out in VP. You need that VP now.

Only a lower rated Guild who is NOT in the Championship would be concerned with placement, and more than likely it is due to lack of goods. Maybe we really do not need one here, let’s take a close look… They are setting up base camps to farm and swap around. And… as pointed out elsewhere here, many DO NOT WANT VP! They hate being on top island with the folks who do drop and rush camps and take all the sectors so they can gain all the VP possible. The smaller Guilds WANT to drop out of that so are looking to to be in LOWER slots.

The top guilds in competition drop a camp and light it up ASAP (or at minimum before the hour) no matter what is around it. And those extra costs sure add up quickly. Go ahead and ask someone in your Guild who does spend to rush those camps, how much more it is costing them. Tell them you are free to play and don’t help out, but are curious how much more it is costing them.

JJ597

They should save time and just do a sale for a day or 2 and anyone wanting QI prizes can directly pay for them. No need for QI to even exist: just do this! lol
Let's take it to the extreme! Make an one time only offer for a Great Building of your choice, starting level 60, as you add each additional level, the cost increases. Other option, be able to build multiple of the same GB. Of course, those options would destroy the game.

Pericles the Lion

Ahh grasshopper. That is looking at it from the perspective of someone who does not spend to help their top guild in GbG. A freeee to Play rider letting someone else do all the spending. Folks try and rationalize the new and improved rates as per hit, or per attrition or whatever. That is not how it works out in the real world.

Bottom line for those of us who do spend to rush camps? Rushing 3 camps in the old system used to cost 150 Diamonds. Rushing 3 camps in the new system can cost 575.. or 525 diamonds now. I never really check how much, just hit them and finish them as soon as they are planted. Same 3 slots cost a lot more. And you will be filling those slots or you are losing out in VP. You need that VP now.

Only a lower rated Guild who is NOT in the Championship would be concerned with placement, and more than likely it is due to lack of goods. Maybe we really do not need one here, let’s take a close look… They are setting up base camps to farm and swap around. And… as pointed out elsewhere here, many DO NOT WANT VP! They hate being on top island with the folks who do drop and rush camps and take all the sectors so they can gain all the VP possible. The smaller Guilds WANT to drop out of that so are looking to to be in LOWER slots.

The top guilds in competition drop a camp and light it up ASAP (or at minimum before the hour) no matter what is around it. And those extra costs sure add up quickly. Go ahead and ask someone in your Guild who does spend to rush those camps, how much more it is costing them. Tell them you are free to play and don’t help out, but are curious how much more it is costing them.
Ahh Whistlepig, the cost to rush (siege camp vs FGCP) remained the same (in terms of attrition relief). Period. You are saying that, in the new GBG, the buildings provide two benefits. One, protection from attrition. Two, a boost to VP. You are indeed correct BUT the second benefit only applies to guilds that are chasing VPs. Not all guilds are AND the guilds that are are not always chasing them - it depends on the seasonal ranking. Below is the current GBG standing in my main world. My guild is in the #1 spot. Ask yourself, we have a 275K lead over the #2 guild, how many extra buildings do you think we are rushing with so little time remaining? (the "1M" is really 1,097,844). The answer is "none".

Instead of blindly dropping diamonds on buildings you should verify that the overbuilding, for VPs, is really necessary. Just sayin'

Btw, resorting to ad hominem attacks is a sign of a weakness. Whether, or not, I spend diamonds to rush buildings is irrelevant to this conversation.

1707658760182.png

Last edited: