• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Introducing GPVP: Guild Pigeons vs Poodles – A New Dimension in Guild Competitions!

Good idea or bad idea?

• Good idea but needs further development

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hexor

Greetings, Forge of Empires players! My name is Hexor from the East-Nagach server. In light of the upcoming closure of GvG, I have come up with an innovative guild competition that focuses on fun and community engagement between rival guilds with a playful yet competitive twist.... hopefully filling the Void Post-GvG Era!

Are you ready for the next level of fun.... an exciting new twist in guild competitions? Say hello to GPVP: Guild Pigeons vs Poodles! ️ This fresh concept transforms the traditional guild battles into an exhilarating tug-of-war, where strategy takes a backseat to pure spending power.

In GPVP, guilds choose to represent either Team Pigeon or Team Poodle. The battleground? A dazzling rope made entirely of sparkling diamonds. The twist? Victory depends not on your skills, but on how much your guild is willing to invest. That's right – the guild that invests the most diamonds in pulling the rope wins, taking home glory and exclusive rewards in the Diamond Arena. Imagine the thrill as you watch your guild's fortunes swing with each diamond spent. And the ultimate prize? Bragging rights and exclusive rewards in the prestigious Diamond Arena.

Let's add a dash of extravagance to our guild competitions. Share your thoughts and please voice your opinion in our Poll to let us know if you're Team Pigeon or Team Poodle! Looking forward to your vibrant discussions and feedback!

Who needs GVG? When you got GPVP: Guild Pigeons vs Poodles.... InnoGames give the people what they want... Please vote!

Attachments

• gpvp2.png
    gpvp2.png
    594.7 KB · Views: 4
  • gpvp3.png
    gpvp3.png
    840 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Dominator - X

I am in as long as we get to choose the variety of Poodle. Those King Poodles will pay out more Diamonds and kick the Pigeon's... tail, any day of the week and twice on Thursday.

Mor-Rioghain

Ah, but the pigeons have wings. They could reasonably fly far, far away from all of the furor!

Or befriend a Dragon. Methinks Dragons could pull that rope - especially a diamond-encrusted one! ;P

jaymoney23456

As fun as that sounds, I think I will save my diamonds for more useful endeavors lol
Though as a joke this is kind of a funny idea.

jaymoney23456

Also, GvG definitely belongs in the trash heap unless Inno were to put a hard stop to all the scripts being used there. Also, they would really need to make it less cumbersome to fight. Even just clicking quickly in GvG battles often causes a glitch where instead of initiating an autobattle you just see the troops shift around in your army. That alone is pretty annoying and I don't see why you can't just click once per battle wave like you can in GbG and even when it lags in GbG it will do the autobattle every time you click on it. I also have to say that having a feature that is only really legitimately available once per day in most instances is a real turn off. I guess I don't know about everyone else but having to play a game at one unchanging specified time each day to partake in GvG is a real turn off!

Sharmon the Impaler

Also, GvG definitely belongs in the trash heap unless Inno were to put a hard stop to all the scripts being used there. Also, they would really need to make it less cumbersome to fight. Even just clicking quickly in GvG battles often causes a glitch where instead of initiating an autobattle you just see the troops shift around in your army. That alone is pretty annoying and I don't see why you can't just click once per battle wave like you can in GbG and even when it lags in GbG it will do the autobattle every time you click on it. I also have to say that having a feature that is only really legitimately available once per day in most instances is a real turn off. I guess I don't know about everyone else but having to play a game at one unchanging specified time each day to partake in GvG is a real turn off!
Position your map so the attack and ok button lines up on the sector you are hitting. I can get about 4 -6 fights per second this way. For the eras where you need to click on "view sector" first, position the sector so the "v" in view is the right side near the top of the sector,, this is your sweet spot (3-4 fights per second is doable on these ones) . You may need to resize you window decreasing the right side towards the left side or the bottom of the window up toward the top to get your sector in just the right place. The very top most sectors don't line up for this however.

jaymoney23456

Position your map so the attack and ok button lines up on the sector you are hitting. I can get about 4 -6 fights per second this way. For the eras where you need to click on "view sector" first, position the sector so the "v" in view is the right side near the top of the sector,, this is your sweet spot (3-4 fights per second is doable on these ones) . You may need to resize you window decreasing the right side towards the left side or the bottom of the window up toward the top to get your sector in just the right place. The very top most sectors don't line up for this however.
You cannot get 4-6 fights per second regardless of how you line up sectors. Its not possible to click through the battle and wait the fraction of a second it takes for a fight to complete. The only way you get that many fights a second is with scripts. Also, every time you try to click as fast as possible it won't even start the fight but will instead just shuffle the troops in your army. Also, you aren't getting 3-4 fights per second when it takes 3 clicks to complete a single fight. Your math doesn't even add up-if you could get 4-6 fights for a single click fight then you wouldn't then be able to do 3-4 with 3 clicks lol Coming on the forums and making up stories just makes you look foolish.

jaymoney23456

Just physically clicking the mouse as fast as you can never mind actually clicking on anything on the screen and you can maybe do 7 clicks a second. It would be hard to definitely time it but I can't imagine it would take anywhere less than .25-.5 seconds for a single fight to complete under ideal conditions with no lag at all, then its easy to see that it is functionally impossible to get 4-6 fights per second under any circumstance other than running a script.

Sharmon the Impaler

How would a script do it and not a human if the impossibilty was caused by network lag ? That makes no sense , the commands still travel the same path regardless if a script issues them or a human.