• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Lack of Land Space

DeletedUser26560

Here is something for FOE to think about......
Currently FOE does not want to hear about requests for an increase in the amount of expansions on the city map.
BUT, with all the event special building they keep making as well as all the Great Buildings and city level building you can get it is impossible to put every building that you like to keep in your city. So this game limits player land space which forces players to make production focused cities rather than build personal cities that they want with all the event and other special structures.

So FOE, when a player gets their city so they are doing good and has limited building area why should an such player even do any more events just to have multitudes of building structures in their inventory that they will never put into their city?
With this game structure FOE has sniffled much of the game creativity, interest and fun which makes this game start to get BORING for many players.
FOE needs to wake up and make some major change to this game and stop dragging their feet over a needed improvement long over due.

DeletedUser8428

Currently FOE does not want to hear about requests for an increase in the amount of expansions on the city map.
BUT, with all the event special building they keep making as well as all the Great Buildings and city level building you can get it is impossible to put every building that you like to keep in your city. So this game limits player land space which forces players to make production focused cities rather than build personal cities that they want with all the event and other special structures.

So FOE, when a player gets their city so they are doing good and has limited building area why should an such player even do any more events just to have multitudes of building structures in their inventory that they will never put into their city?
With this game structure FOE has sniffled much of the game creativity, interest and fun which makes this game start to get BORING for many players.
FOE needs to wake up and make some major change to this game and stop dragging their feet over a needed improvement long over due.
If you're bored, find another game. There are lots to choose from. This game isn't described as 'he who builds absolutely every building wins'. Players have to make choices about what to build based on how they play. Build the ones that will provide the best benefit to you now, swap them out for others if your needs change.

Freshmeboy

Another point here...these events are geared for the new player but available to all...Don't feel cheated when you have no space left for new buildings. INNO provides store building prizes and upgrades so players can redesign their cities thematically, seasonally or even daily..Wow..city design and building all in one game with an inventory to select from..what will they think of next...?

RazorbackPirate

Age up and get an Arc. Looking at your most advanced city, you still have plenty more expansions to acquire. Besides, who ever said you can have it all and use it all?

DeletedUser15539

Its funny how Inno chose to make some aspects of FOE to conform to real life, such as the limitations on city space, while some other aspects are the opposite of real life. Production efficiencies increasing with shorter run times, and landing zones in GvG being constant are two contradictions with real life that come to mind. However, if the rules apply to all of us equally, what's the problem?

Mustapha00

I do understand the frustration, but, aside from the occasional introduction of an expansion to an Age or an entirely new Age, I cannot see Inno adding more than a handful of expansions.

What I imagine far more likely to occur is that Event buildings from new Events will be found to be more powerful than buildings from previous Events, and so players will either store or dismantle those older Event buildings. Personally, I'd recommend Storing them because Inno might one day introduce Upgrades to them, as they did the Cherry Blossom Set, which makes the buildings more useful.

(on a semi-related note, if you want to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth of much of the player base, put a hard cap on the number of things a player can store in their inventory- but allow more inventory space to be purchased either with Diamonds or cold, hard cash!)

Also, Inno might expand the number of buildings, of whatever type, that can be Shrunk using a kit, such as they've done with the Wishing Well. I don't know of anyone who predicted that.

Emberguard

Its funny how Inno chose to make some aspects of FOE to conform to real life, such as the limitations on city space, while some other aspects are the opposite of real life. Production efficiencies increasing with shorter run times, and landing zones in GvG being constant are two contradictions with real life that come to mind. However, if the rules apply to all of us equally, what's the problem?
Even if they wanted to give unlimited space - if not all devices can handle the space we've got now when loading, what makes anyone think our devices are going to be functional with unlimited space?

cton2.forge

Even if they wanted to give unlimited space - if not all devices can handle the space we've got now when loading, what makes anyone think our devices are going to be functional with unlimited space?

I do! But I'm kinda delusional....i let my 6 mo old hit the buttons on the key board for me too. Doesn't always end well. I need to give that boy some counseling sessions on FoE productivity scales...

- KQ -

Another point here...these events are geared for the new player but available to al

I'm just curious why your feel the events are aimed at new players? Many of the special event building are prized by experienced players because they are much more productive per square than other buildings available by era or through GE.

- KQ -

Probably cause those havs enough space.

I suppose that's one answer. I'll remove Shrines of Knowledge or Sacred Sky Watches to put in event buildings. They take less aiding and are more productive for the space. So at least in my case it's not always a space issue.

But we're just speculating. I'm still curious what the reasoning was behind the comment made by #freshmeboy

DeletedUser30312

I do understand the frustration, but, aside from the occasional introduction of an expansion to an Age or an entirely new Age, I cannot see Inno adding more than a handful of expansions.

What I imagine far more likely to occur is that Event buildings from new Events will be found to be more powerful than buildings from previous Events, and so players will either store or dismantle those older Event buildings. Personally, I'd recommend Storing them because Inno might one day introduce Upgrades to them, as they did the Cherry Blossom Set, which makes the buildings more useful.

And Store Buildings are somewhat easy to come by, so I usually have enough to play with. Though it helps if a player knows which specials and GBs are worth building in the first place, and which specials are common enough and weak enough to be worth building and then tearing down later for something better.

Freshmeboy

Kung Qu, the answer is revealed in the game's history.....If you follow the timeline of the game, FoE became ridiculously popular about two years ago and new players were entering the game in droves but were at an extreme disadvantage against ensconced players and INNO noticed the imbalance. An excellent way to rectify this is to control fp packs given out and forcing more fps onto the bar rather than into inventory, simultaneously increasing the amount of events and fp producing buildings into the game. The addition of one up kits would allow new players to carry this fp power through the ages while ensconced players would be more picky about new additions that weren't more powerful than those already laid down in their cities. I witnessed the power players whine and complain about too many events, not enough space, etc. until they got used to it. It's rare to hear a noob complain about events.....So who were these now monthly events geared towards..? The ensconced player or the new...?