• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Lack of Land Space

DeletedUser33179

I've been playing for just over a year. Never known FoE without hyperleveling, the Arc-craze, or nearly nonstop Events. While things are challenging for many of us now (myself included), seems it would've been much more do for almost everyone (except the big spenders) before that time. I understand why Inno changed things (profit, etc), but I agree that something was lost along the way.

Don't think a new, Arc-less world will ever be made. But perhaps someday Inno will release a special "nostalgia world" where all GBs can't be leveled beyond 10. I think lots of folks would be up to the challenge (or very glad not to have plundering neighbors with uber-leveled fighting GBs). Could be a great money maker for Inno, as Event buildings would become very important for everyone.

DeletedUser26560

because thats how it is,...even for real citys..real citys dont have a unlimeted amount of land either....and they have been adding exsapnsions so..
I don't care "HOW IT IS" this is a game and things can be adjusted to function better, to expand the horizon's of what the game can become. Don't be so closed minded or like sheep to just follow along with what is given to you.

DeletedUser26560

Move up an Era. More space and you won;t be bored.

Nevermind, I just looked. 16 cities and you're bored? Nothing INNO can do will help you with that problem.
This has nothing to do with the amount of cities, it is about the quality of game play and something that is very limiting given the amount of new stuff they keep adding yet they do not give any room to use those additions. Sure You can easily beat this game but I'd rather build a nice city with all the event and GBs but they make that impossible.

DeletedUser26560

Kung Qu, the answer is revealed in the game's history.....If you follow the timeline of the game, FoE became ridiculously popular about two years ago and new players were entering the game in droves but were at an extreme disadvantage against ensconced players and INNO noticed the imbalance. An excellent way to rectify this is to control fp packs given out and forcing more fps onto the bar rather than into inventory, simultaneously increasing the amount of events and fp producing buildings into the game. The addition of one up kits would allow new players to carry this fp power through the ages while ensconced players would be more picky about new additions that weren't more powerful than those already laid down in their cities. I witnessed the power players whine and complain about too many events, not enough space, etc. until they got used to it. It's rare to hear a noob complain about events.....So who were these now monthly events geared towards..? The ensconced player or the new...?

So FOE, when a player gets their city so they are doing good and has limited building area why should an such player even do any more events just to have multitudes of building structures in their inventory that they will never put into their city?
With this game structure FOE has sniffled much of the game creativity, interest and fun which makes this game start to get BORING for many players.
FOE needs to wake up and make some major change to this game and stop dragging their feet over a needed improvement long over due.[/QUOTE]
Age up and get an Arc. Looking at your most advanced city, you still have plenty more expansions to acquire. Besides, who ever said you can have it all and use it all?

I'm Not complaining, but I'm just saying INNO could make the game better with a few changes for players who like to be creative and less competitive. I would like to keep the buildings I like for the looks and not necessarily for boosts.

Graviton

So FOE, when a player gets their city so they are doing good and has limited building area why should an such player even do any more events...

Because (I believe) the buildings continue to improve in efficiency. When you run out of room you start to replace the older ones. I'm not to that point yet, and won't be for awhile, so I can't say I feel your pain. Generally speaking, though, those at the end-game of any game are having to find different ways to enjoy it than most everybody else, or they have different challenges, such as figuring out which special buildings to keep and which to store; or which Events to play and which to skip. Seems to be the nature of the beast.

DeletedUser26560

Here is something for FOE to think about......
Currently FOE does not want to hear about requests for an increase in the amount of expansions on the city map.
BUT, with all the event special building they keep making as well as all the Great Buildings and city level building you can get it is impossible to put every building that you like to keep in your city. So this game limits player land space which forces players to make production focused cities rather than build personal cities that they want with all the event and other special structures.

So FOE, when a player gets their city so they are doing good and has limited building area why should an such player even do any more events just to have multitudes of building structures in their inventory that they will never put into their city?
With this game structure FOE has sniffled much of the game creativity, interest and fun which makes this game start to get BORING for many players.
FOE needs to wake up and make some major change to this game and stop dragging their feet over a needed improvement long over due.

I see a lot of Players don't get the purpose of my original comment. To many game and players are geared toward competition and having to beat the game as the main game challenge. I like a challenge too but I also like to construct something with a creative purpose. This game could easily expand into this area of game mechanics instead of being just a challenge of growth and power discarding all none essecial items for the bigger better thing that comes up next.
I play Minecraft as a builder, this game is never ending and allows lots of creativity. I like FOE because of some of those same traits but it is more focused on getting more and more and not building something enjoyable to look at and give a feeling of accomplishment but also is not as crazy as something like Sim City. I can not see myself rushing to the end city just to sit there and keep pumping up my city in order to beat the competition. I would rather grow my city along the way adding things I like and keep the previous things I got which I like.

DeletedUser26560

Because (I believe) the buildings continue to improve in efficiency. When you run out of room you start to replace the older ones. I'm not to that point yet, and won't be for awhile, so I can't say I feel your pain. Generally speaking, though, those at the end-game of any game are having to find different ways to enjoy it than most everybody else, or they have different challenges, such as figuring out which special buildings to keep and which to store; or which Events to play and which to skip. Seems to be the nature of the beast.

I don't want to delete or store the building I like.

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
NICE, I a lot of people today that think they are being "persecuted" when they say they are triggered, they have a lot to learn about life if they are that sensitive about opposition to their way of thinking.

Graviton

I see a lot of Players don't get the purpose of my original comment.

I'll admit that I'm confused. Your point seemed to be that you have no more expansions, but Inno keeps offering new stuff. Now you're saying you don't like to rush to the end-game, which I think means that you have expansion available, either through the C-map or the tech tree, you just haven't acquired them yet (judging by your previous post that's probably because you're not ready to advance either one, which I totally get).

So I'm back to my original point, which was that for now anyway it's part of the game strategy to figure out how to fit in all the cool new stuff; or decide what to keep and what to stash in anticipation of opening up those expansions.

I don't want to delete or store the building I like.

I'm out of answers then.

Emberguard

I don't know of any game where I put things in inventory and think it a disadvantage. Actually most games with a inventory you end up with just as much stuff if not more then what FoE gives and never use 99% of it.

Most games the only thing you use is whatever is in your hand. Very few games are designed to use up what goes in storage when there's unlimited resource gathering, it's upto the player to decide which items are worth the most and use those.

If you don't want to complete events, don't do events. Skip a few. Change the way you approach the Daily Specials if those make it too easy for you

Your problem isn't lack of space. Your problem is you want to use everything but lose nothing. You say you want a creative challenge but aren't willing to be creative in which pieces you use. Using everything is not creative

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

I see a lot of Players don't get the purpose of my original comment. To many game and players are geared toward competition and having to beat the game as the main game challenge. I like a challenge too but I also like to construct something with a creative purpose. This game could easily expand into this area of game mechanics instead of being just a challenge of growth and power discarding all none essecial items for the bigger better thing that comes up next.
I play Minecraft as a builder, this game is never ending and allows lots of creativity. I like FOE because of some of those same traits but it is more focused on getting more and more and not building something enjoyable to look at and give a feeling of accomplishment but also is not as crazy as something like Sim City. I can not see myself rushing to the end city just to sit there and keep pumping up my city in order to beat the competition. I would rather grow my city along the way adding things I like and keep the previous things I got which I like.
I didn't miss the purpose your original comment, I just disagree with it. I have a number of buildings in inventory from previous events, some that were out for a while, later replaced worth something more powerful by my choice. I have other event buildings that have never seen the light of day, I have no idea if they ever will. Some I may put out seasonally, at some point I may have enough expansions to put some other stuff down, just because.

I don't mind a game that forces me to make decisions. I like planning for the future, I like remembering the past. Do I have stuff I'd like to put out that I don't currently have room for? Tons. I'd also like to build Notre Dame because it's a beautiful GB. I haven't 'cause it's a dog. Doesn't mean I'll never build it, just that I have no plans for the foreseeable future.

I think the current system is part of what make the game interesting.

Freshmeboy

Well Webyankee, you keep saying the same thing over and over and it's a complaint as old as the game itself...."I want more land.." There is a reason that such requests are on the DSNL..The designers of this game have decided that the real challenge in city building and layout is a limited amount of space...for everyone...across the board. Regardless of diamond use as limited diamonds are available for just such purchases every age. They have increased that challenge by adding new event buildings damn near every month. I am among many here that have again responded with logic and reason to you about this age old complaint. But it falls on deaf ears. You will never be happy unless you get all of your prizes in your city...otherwise INNO has failed you and the game....time for you to move on and not let what is supposed to be a fun challenge cripple your life path...

DeletedUser38090

I play Minecraft as a builder, this game is never ending and allows lots of creativity.
Okay, but Minecraft is a terrible comparison to use against FoE. Completely different business models and Minecraft in creative mode has virtually no constraints in land, while FoE emphasizes making the most out of your limited land. Also, Minecraft requires a significantly more powerful computer than FoE's requirements, and Minecraft is designed to be way more open-ended.

Algona

it is about the quality of game play and something that is very limiting given the amount of new stuff they keep adding yet they do not give any room to use those additions.

How much room do you need?

INNO provides 139 (I think) Expansions per city. Your largest city has then half that. 70+ Expansions patiently waiting for you to win them. That should help you with your boredoem.

Between your 16 cities theres 2200+ Expansions for you to do all the whatever it is you want to do.

Pretty cheeky? selfish? pathetic? to come on INNO's forum to beg for more free stuff.