• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Marilyn Monroe Historical Questline Feedback

DeletedUser27927

It's called MEDALS.
An expansion itself would make a grand prize for a major event. For finishing all the quests. Maybe requiring you to turn in some items from inventory to get it.
This would be everybody's Christmas wish.
It's on mine, but, technically, there are ways to get expansions without using medals. Problem with that is that, like so many other things in this game, medals expansions work on a drug dealer's pricing scale. They start low to get you addicted and then go up and up and up to turn the screws and make you get diamond expansions.

Expansions ARE on my Christmas list! Good catch!

DeletedUser13838

That's Hedley!

Here's a little known fact - when Cecil B. DeMiddle made this film he intentionally mispelled everyone's names.

images

DeletedUser

Genuinely curious -- does the illustration for Marilyn Monroe seem somehow...off to anybody else? I can't quite place what it is, so it's certainly possible that it's just my brain being weird.

DeletedUser26154

Just remember everyone:
No one is forcing anyone to do these Events.

5667ce26425d15fa557e099cec25a909.png

They are Bonuses for our Pleasure.

DeletedUser26120

Nice little prize for those without a Mad Science Lab.
That's me! Haven't managed to win one of those so I'm really happy to get this.

Already have 4 luaus so will be nice to add a 5th forge point to the 8hr cycle.

DeletedUser29356

Just remember everyone:
No one is forcing anyone to do these Events.

View attachment 5699

They are Bonuses for our Pleasure.

So what is the point in creating these beautiful Bonus Building and trying to appease the players if so many are already displeased by the fact that there just isn't enough room. I would rather see more ways to get expention squares so, I can decide if I want to part take in getting these Bonus Buildings or not. As it is now the choice is already made for me, no room no building!

IDEA: Take the 4x4 expansion square divide it into 16 individual squares and offer them as part of the many reward programs. This way players could collect these small squares in order to build a one 4x4 square.
This would creat additional way to the already existing ways of creating more space on the board.

DeletedUser24719

Just another example of INNOs money grabbing. Same old quests, same old useless rewards. I stopped playing these wasted events long ago. Thanks for nothing INNO. One would think that one day these idiots would actually listen to their customers. NOT!!

Algona

But ya gotta appreciate the differences in postings.

I wonder who Inno listens to more?

Wildelk: seems to hate most everything about the game. Gotta go back 40 or so posts to find a post that isn't a complaint. And that was to say thank you to the person whoa nswered their question of when an Event was going to start. Maybe wildelk was impatient for that Event to start so they could complain about that? Following post would seem to support that notion.

Ardak: loves Events and posts lots about how much spent on the game.

The answer:
The Accountant: keeps telling INNO how much money they make each Event.

DeletedUser27889

I don't see how they make money during historical quests. I mean you may be inclined to spend some diamonds rushing a scout to a province but unlike other events with tickets and what not there's really nothing to spend money on or a reason to buy diamonds.

Maybe the idea is that by offering more and more buildings people need to use the diamonds for expansions... but anyone buying diamonds chances are one of the first things they did with them was the diamond expansions so again, I just don't see greed here.

Freshmeboy

New events with new buildings need more land...need that expansion..? Just go up an age and get them in the tech tree. These events are designed to keep players progressing up through the ages and it isn't lost on INNO that they get more diamonds when players move up in eras....

DeletedUser26154

I don't see how they make money during historical quests.

download (4).jpg

Directly? No.
Indirectly? Maybe.
People might buy a Diamond Expansion to make room for something.

I would rather Inno give us too many Events.
Instead of not enough.
They are never mandatory.

There is no penalty from not doing an Event.
If you wanna do it, go ahead.
If you don't want to, then you can skip it with no problem.

Smart MMO companies always give players something fun and extra to do.
These Events are fun.
And they are extra.

We do things we would most likely, be normally doing anyway.
If you like the prizes, keep them.
If you don't, then don't use it.

Overall, the Events are for generating business and keeping the Players happy.
I pushed myself hard to progress, on purpose, so I would be Arctic Future in time for the 2017 Summer Event.
Wow was it worth doing.

I'll do the Events whether I'll use the reward or not.
To me, they are all worth doing.
Now if you'll excuse me...

praxis.png
https://postimg.org/image/sympv1gjp/

I have a Massive Daily Collection to do.

DeletedUser29395

I don't see how they make money during historical quests. I mean you may be inclined to spend some diamonds rushing a scout to a province but unlike other events with tickets and what not there's really nothing to spend money on or a reason to buy diamonds.

Maybe the idea is that by offering more and more buildings people need to use the diamonds for expansions... but anyone buying diamonds chances are one of the first things they did with them was the diamond expansions so again, I just don't see greed here.
I think it's less about money on historical quests specifically and more about generating new content so players consistently return and spend more money over time. It probably gets some players to come back. The concept of a limited time event motivates many consumers.

DeletedUser27889

I think it's less about money on historical quests specifically and more about generating new content so players consistently return and spend more money over time. It probably gets some players to come back. The concept of a limited time event motivates many consumers.
Yes I agree, I had written that as a reply to this being another money grab, but I just don't see how.

DeletedUser26660

I would like to see land expansions with this event, do you suppose there will be any or will they all be booby prizes?

DeletedUser29395

These mini events keeps one's interest in das game going.....no need to knock it down.....

if there was an event for this:

200.gif

I would do it !!!!!!

UND there is no province acquisition ( thank you INNO ) but instead giving ya a nice building NOT included in das bldg menu

Also peeped das quest in Wikia und noticed many variations for completing quest .....

OH and even if ya had the entire grid to yourself ......you would still not be able to place all das buildings into it......das idea is to create your own city und enjoy playing.

When Wileycoyote above logs in ...... the BIG PLAY BUTTON does not read PLAY .....it reads COMPLAYN
OMG I WOULD LOVE A MONTY PYTHON QUESTLINE