• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Marilyn Monroe Historical Questline Feedback

DeletedUser

If they really wanted to pay homage to Marilyn there should be a voluptuous statue of her that we could graft onto the top of our town halls, that would be a prize I would consider finishing this quest for :)

Yeah, the one where her skirt is blowing up, not GINORMOUS garden...skirt.jpg

DeletedUser27796

Another event in which the final prize is the same as 90 percent of other prizes from events. I'm honestly not even going to do this. I have 8 different buildings like this in my inventory and think they are a tasteless creation. Woooohoooo 8 hours spent for 1 forge point!!! What a joke.

qaccy

Looks like one I might have to sit out. I appreciate Marilyn and this is a very pretty-looking building, but I have no place to put it! I just rearranged my entire city to room for my Maharaja's Palace and the Elephant Fountain, along with all of the goodies that came with them. I was lucky enough to complete both sets and pick up a caravansary, an oasis and a beach bar! I had a fishing hut too, but sold it because I ran out of space! Then the very first quest is to build a culture building? The only one I can do atm is a zoo (I just passed into the Postmodern Era) and there's no way that's gonna happen! *sigh* I'll just have to admire everyone else's rosariums as I visit them, I guess. Wish there were more EXPANSIONS!

A zoo is rather large, I'll admit, but you have the option of using previous-age buildings as well. In this case, the American Diner is only 3x4 as opposed to 5x6. Perhaps you can make room to build that twice? It is unfortunate that we almost always have to build something for these events, but until/unless a time comes where quests can be completed by counting what we already have (whatever happened to quests that ask for you to 'have X number of Y buildings instead of building them?), it's wise to leave some open space somewhere to allow temporary building space for these events. That is, if you want to do them!

DeletedUser24787

it's wise to leave some open space somewhere to allow temporary building space for these events. That is, if you want to do them!
more knowledge lost on the masses you drop these facts but some just fail to grasp the concept

DeletedUser26660

it's wise to leave some open space somewhere to allow temporary building space for these events. That is, if you want to do them!

In my opinion empty space is wasted space that can always be utilised, if I needed space let's say for some event then I would store or delete an item and then replace it after the event. However as a player reaches the higher levels there is less and less that would appeal and rock my world :)

DeletedUser26154

Woooohoooo 8 hours spent for 1 forge point!!! What a joke.

How in the hell do you spend 8 hours generating 1 Forge Point.
If you guys are gonna log in only to badmouth events...

images (9).jpg

At least stick with the somewhat realistic before you fabricate complaints.

DeletedUser26965

I think part of the problem space wise is I think players kind of get married to their cities they don't want to let stuff go, except of course when they progress into a new era but as time goes on they keep adding more and more special buildings to their cities, let em go people, just let em go, I've built and gotten rid of every single special building since I've started playing, all I got now is some watchfires, for ardak kumerin of course, oh and an HoF, Champions Retreat and a couple Rogue Hideouts.

DeletedUser

I have no complaint about this event. I won't be doing it at all simply because I am on vacation, and I'm not able to play much at all. I do love the idea of a Marilyn Monroe statue. Would also love a billboard of Linda Ronstadt to put in the middle of my town. :D

DeletedUser

Genuinely curious -- does the illustration for Marilyn Monroe seem somehow...off to anybody else? I can't quite place what it is, so it's certainly possible that it's just my brain being weird.
It's the blouse and necklace. They don't mesh with that headshot.

DeletedUser27796

How in the hell do you spend 8 hours generating 1 Forge Point.
If you guys are gonna log in only to badmouth events...

View attachment 5783

At least stick with the somewhat realistic before you fabricate complaints.
First off.... it takes 8 hours to produce a fp in this building..... which is a joke. The building takes 12 squares and I can only produce 1 fp off all that, haha. Secondly I logged in to let inno know we are sick of the half smilie event prizes. They are not worth anyone's time.... including a smile like yourself.

Algona

Dear INNO:

I want to build more and newer housing production, goods, and barracks buildings.

Can we have more expansions?

kthnxbye, DoesNotWantToTearDownExistingBuildings

Last edited:

DeletedUser26263

Last time I checked Innogames is a for-profit venture. I personally see no issue AT ALL with them putting on these events as an incentive to spend real money buying things from them. As I have said in the past I hope their stock value goes up! This game cannot be free folks - sometimes they need to make a few Euros (Shillings, Dollars, etc). And they are entitled to.

What I do suggest respectfully to Innogames is that you listen carefully to all the noise about the lack of adequate expansions for peoples' cities. This year in particular there have been more events than I have seen in this game in a long time - kudos for that, but you are now running the risk of alienating your own base by squeezing them out of these events for lack of space to place the prizes. And that will cost you paying customers.

Suggestions:

1. More expansions are needed - both paid and as prizes so people can fit all the new buildings in.
2. Be careful about the speed at which you are releasing all these events. Slow down a hair. Let folks just play the game sometimes - and give them time to buy from you, which they will.
3. The promotion you are running today for those who did not win - "buy the Elephant Fountain" - is a great idea! More of those kinds of specials will make you money. Folks will take the deals and you'll sell diamonds. I'd bet the farm on it.

Overall I think Innogames has done a pretty decent job. The game is growing, fun and I know my own guilds have seen a marked increase in new applicants over the past few months in most of our worlds. This means something is going right for FOE, whether marketing, game interest or other factors.

We are part of a healthy game environment. Minor problems and improvements are always going to be there - but overall it's pretty solid in my opinion.

MikeJ916 - Founder, Metaphysic StarGate Family of Guilds

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28903

Thank goodness you did change neighborhoods today. I have been having a marvelous time "meeting the neighbors" with my troops. I won 405 medals (LMA) yesterday in the towers because I am the worst neighbor I have ever seen. Gets me those desperately needed expansions.

DeletedUser28731

I don't have a military or military buildings to speak of except for Rogues and Champion. Does anybody know if Rogues are considered "Military" for the purposes of quests where the quest requires the training of new units from the current or previous age, or would I need to build regular military barracks?

Thank you for any responses.