• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Marilyn Monroe Historical Questline Feedback

DeletedUser26263

While obviously asking for expansions is pretty much a moot point, we know they aren't going to do it, I don't think it's a topic that should just be ignored. In order for them to know there is a problem or even a desire their players are facing then their players need to talk about it.

AMEN TO THAT

The issue I am seeing with my own members (in our Guild Family we have about 1800 across 24-ish guilds) is that older players are indeed losing interest, and far too many newer ones are finding the game confusing with the constant jet-stream of promotions coming at them before they understand the fundamentals of FOE. I do agree that there is an active attempt to slow it down to retain folks interest -- but there is a fine line between keeping the interest of older players and making it so eggregiously slow for others that new customers leave.

"As exciting as watching paint dry on a humid day" is one comment I hear (in various forms) on a regular basis.

All this said - two things come to mind. First, that the customer base is still obviously growing. My own numbers show it. Our own growth has been significantly faster over the past few months and I am certain the new promotional approach has a lot to do with it. Score one for the Innogames theory there.

Second, this particular promotion - Marilyn Monroe - is well put together, brief, relatively easy to conquer for most and the prize is reasonable. It's not a drawn-out, six week slog with endless distractions coming at new folks who are trying to learn the game itself. It is simple. Score one more for the development team on this.

I don't want to overstate this nor do I want you to think I am 100% convinced that there needs to be a massive change in the expansions scheme. I merely report what I am being told by EVERY SINGLE PERSON I KNOW who plays the game. No exceptions - nobody I have spoken to about this is happy with the expansion situation. And some do leave over it. Paying customers and free players alike.

Innogames gets it right a whole lot more often than they get it wrong. That was one of my points in all this. BUT - they are not perfect. No one is. And as Manda just said very succinctly they have the right to know what their own players and customers are saying. I'm not leaving over this and I will buy from Innogames in the future. It's not a deal-killer for me. But facts are facts, whether anyone wants to hear them or not. It is a challenge for Innogames, for us as players and for new folks coming online. It deserves discussion in my book since it is DISCUSSED CONSTANTLY in the game itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

The issue I am seeing with my own members (in our Guild Family we have about 1800 across 24-ish guilds) is that older players are indeed losing interest, and far too many newer ones are finding the game confusing with the constant jet-stream of promotions coming at them before they understand the fundamentals of FOE.

images (6).jpg

No.

Freshmeboy

Mike I understand where you are coming from as I field the same complaints in guild chat from my mates about lack of space and new events...in every instance, I view their city and see Bazaars, WW's, Caravanserys, etc. all items I deem deletable. In fact everything in my city is deletable except my GBs and SoK's That's MY perspective on city planning for my game play style and allows me more flexibility in gathering event buildings. If you really want it, you will make room. I love my Japanese garden set and the 5 fps it produces daily but it consumes 25 tiles and if another set or building comes along that rivals it, my finger will be a blur on the delete button. So the real question is are these buildings worthless on a tile for tile basis for what you already have in your given age? If so, that should be your concern, not more expansions.

DeletedUser30082

Mike I understand where you are coming from as I field the same complaints in guild chat from my mates about lack of space and new events...in every instance, I view their city and see Bazaars, WW's, Caravanserys, etc. all items I deem deletable. In fact everything in my city is deletable except my GBs and SoK's That's MY perspective on city planning for my game play style and allows me more flexibility in gathering event buildings. If you really want it, you will make room. I love my Japanese garden set and the 5 fps it produces daily but it consumes 25 tiles and if another set or building comes along that rivals it, my finger will be a blur on the delete button. So the real question is are these buildings worthless on a tile for tile basis for what you already have in your given age? If so, that should be your concern, not more expansions.
I am fairly new to the game and I have seen the change too... more events, and then sets as prices. My city looks like a collection of special buildings! but that is my choice. I decided to finish the questlines and I decided to build those. I also made the decision that when the building doesn't make sense anymore, it is going to be deleted; just like some production, army, good buildings. They serve their purpose, we need to hit the delete and move on. If you are the type of player that wants to have one of everything, then you need to work on winning medals etc for expansions... these are options we have, decisions we make, according to what parts of the game you find more enjoyable (just as there are farmers, fighters, etc) if expansions are a sort of stress, they are not allowing you to enjoy this game, ignore this questline, simple.

DeletedUser26660

The current formula for expansions was done prior to the introduction of all of these new event buildings. So when the designers that came up with the size limits of the city did so, they were doing it to fit in many fewer buildings. With more buildings comes the need for more land. So you are stuck between deleting items you don't want to or not playing the questlines to get the new buildings.

This is a good point. Also last year sometime the whole area around the cities was expanded to accommodate more land expansions, I am guessing this was done because the top players had used all the available land and also the introduction of OE.

I also feel that the huge gaps between medal expansions needs reviewing, imho they are disproportionate to what the average player can realistically acquire. The danger in trying to stretch out the game too far is that players will get to a certain point and then lose interest due to the game slowing down as they run out of space and things like medal expansions seem too out of reach.

DeletedUser13838

This is a good point. Also last year sometime the whole area around the cities was expanded to accommodate more land expansions, I am guessing this was done because the top players had used all the available land and also the introduction of OE.
I don't think anyone ever felt they had enough room to put all their stuff in their cities so this isn't a new concern. If you asked any player now or when I started if they wanted more expansions the answer would be yes.

The available land increased because they were running out of space for players to put expansions. It would have been nice if they notified us before hand as I placed several expansions in the few remaning slots and I would have rather placed them in locations that were made available a week later. :(

Did you mean OF instead of OE?
I also feel that the huge gaps between medal expansions needs reviewing, imho they are disproportionate to what the average player can realistically acquire. The danger in trying to stretch out the game too far is that players will get to a certain point and then lose interest due to the game slowing down as they run out of space and things like medal expansions seem too out of reach.
Medals are so much easier to get now than they have ever been.

I think there may be a problem of perception as a lot more expansions were made available in AF and OF (and maybe FE I don't recall) than in prior ages. So maybe players in later ages don't feel the space crunch as much.

DeletedUser26660

I think there may be a problem of perception as a lot more expansions were made available in AF and OF (and maybe FE I don't recall) than in prior ages. So maybe players in later ages don't feel the space crunch as much.

That is my point, I mentioned the average player finds the huge gap between medal expansions almost disheartening. The top players will not as they have medals rolling in from lots of high level swaps which are further boosted by high level ARCs, so as you say they are not feeling the crunch like most of the other players.

DeletedUser13838

That is my point, I mentioned the average player finds the huge gap between medal expansions almost disheartening. The top players will not as they have medals rolling in from lots of high level swaps which are further boosted by high level ARCs, so as you say they are not feeling the crunch like most of the other players.
That's not what I mean. I don't think there is a medal gap - like I said medals are much easier to get now - but there is a gap in the total number of expansions by age since AF and OF each have (or will have) 4 ages worth of expansions.

DeletedUser26660

That's not what I mean. I don't think there is a medal gap - like I said medals are much easier to get now - but there is a gap in the total number of expansions by age since AF and OF each have (or will have) 4 ages worth of expansions.

I understand what you are saying about players in the top 2 or 3 eras but medals are not easier to get for the average player which was my point and which you commented on, hence this discussion now :)

In fact if what you say is true, and I don't doubt it, then it is even more unfair on the average player as it would then appear weighted in favor of the top 2 or 3 era players.

DeletedUser13838

The medal amounts were set before medals were given out like candy in events and GBs like arc were introduced. I just don't see an issue with the number of medals required for expansions.

Freshmeboy

Neither do I Konrad...the medal expansions are the same for everyone. If it takes an arc to get them build an arc. This game is designed around YEARS of game play, not a couple months. Players in the top ages with massive arcs and strength have been playing for just that, years....

DeletedUser31021

I think something is wrong with my monroe quest. I didn't see my last 3 rewards. Since it is random, I'm not sure what to look for. Thank you and I apologize for putting you out of your way. May GOD Bless you.
Kat

DeletedUser26660

The medal amounts were set before medals were given out like candy in events and GBs like arc were introduced. I just don't see an issue with the number of medals required for expansions.

Fair enough, but just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

DeletedUser13838

I just don't see it. There are just far more medals available now than before. If you're camping out in an era for a year I can see it seeming to be too slow but that comes with the territory.

Algona

I just don't see it. There are just far more medals available now than before. If you're camping out in an era for a year I can see it seeming to be too slow but that comes with the territory.

Konrad has it right. It's not a problem of a lack of Medals availability nor the amount of Medals needed for Expansions.

It's education.

New players (I'm tempted to say most players) don't understand the simple way to get Medals Expansions. They are looking in the wrong places, like Colonobuildem, Victory Slowers, and PvP Slowers. Err, I mean Colosseum and Victory and PvP Towers.

Donate to and get Medals Rewards from high Era GBs.

I'm in EMA, I just dropped my 5K Expansion, my 6K will be placed in the next 2 weeks. Just by finding players who have beginning and intermediate level high Era GBs and donating 5-10 FP per day.

It's the same concept as BP Reward hunting. But instead of chasing SMB, or CoA, or LoA, go after Arc, Inno, or something else with big Medals Rewards. Just as BP hunting is an exercise in patience, so is Medals hunting; just not as frustrating.

It really is that simple.

Now is the perfect time for this. The player base is figuring out just how stupid good Arc is, they are sprouting up all over the place. Find baby Arcs, donate to them, get lotso Medals and Arc BPs.

This does tend to get more difficult as your Medals Expansions get more expensive, but that's when you take freshmenoy's most excellent advice:

If it takes an arc to get them build an arc.

So next time someone tells you how tough it is to get Medals Expansions, just tell them to start hunting Medals in the right place.

Oh, and, uhhh, on topic. Agreed Rosarioum is quite nice looking. Satisfactorily efficient. Just put it in my EMA city. Well done INNO. No Diamonds from EMA, Main has dropped 50 Diamonds so far.

Last edited:

DeletedUser26120

It deserves discussion in my book since it is DISCUSSED CONSTANTLY in the game itself.
I agree. I just wish everyone who's posted about it so far (and all those who haven't yet) would read the following post:
Algona, I can't figure out a way to be equitable about new expansions unless its a one-shot, one expansion, yearly bonus for every player regardless of age. Given by INNO. For free. For playing the game. It wont advance the game too much for lower era players but would be extremely valuable for high era players. The real question is why would INNO do this? They have made it clear expansions aren't on the table for event prizes or anything else for that matter. My opinion is INNO views land acquisition and city planning as the most important part of the game and its greatest challenge and doesn't view new event buildings as a negative but as an increase in that challenge
I can't put it any better than that. I cut down to 1 supply building in my city (after collecting a 10+ million surplus of course) and that's also enabled me to get away with having only 4 residentals + lord's manor.

I get my troops from GE and my city is full of event buildings that mostly give fps but also goods, medals, and other things. I do wish I had space to lay down a second terrace farm, but 'second' would be the key word there.

How can someone with 3+ terrace farms in their city complain of space? Or someone with more than 4 supply buildings? I would have to say the issue lies in city building strategies.

I also have very few watchfires/flames. Only 140ish defense.

Disclaimer: I bought $80 worth of diamonds once and used it to get all bonus expansions from BA to PME so that's 20 expansions extra I have that a completely free player wouldn't have. However, that is the point - Inno is here to make money and they can't let you have everything for free.

I did not like the idea of spending 80 dollars on virtual currency but I recognized this business model which also tied into game strategy. I wanted to play the best possible game I could (within reason) so I paid the money to get 20 more expansions.

If you are unwilling to do this then there is not much recompense and I ask you to be reasonable. This is a game, it is fun. But at the same time it's a business.

You either play for free and accept the limitations or you pay a one/two time fee for a truckload of expansions. By my estimation it should only take another $80 to get the rest of the bonus expansions in the game, except maybe the ones in OF. $160 for years of gameplay is not bad at all, imo.

I understand your concerns and sympathize with you all but I hope everyone will consider those points as well.

Alogona brought up a great idea too - medal donation strategy matters a lot. I've gotten more expansions since I started fp swapping with arcs.

DeletedUser27796

I understand completely what a forum is. I stated my opinion of all these whiners crying for expansions when its a verboten topic to begin with. The other use of a forum is gentlemanly debate. Your argument or opinion loses weight when you insult somebody or name call.
Based off your previous response, one can only deduct that you recently learned what a forum is. Congratulations you can read a dictionary. Kek