• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

My guild was hijacked (Storytime!)

Do you agree with the takeaway?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lannister the Rich

Story time. Get your popcorn folks, this one's a doozy.

A few months ago, a guild merged with ours. As part of that deal, the founder of my guild promised theirs founder rights (begrudgingly). For anonymity and to reduce confusion, we will call my old founder Sheela, and their old "founder" Satan.... Time had passed and Sheela was repeatedly advised to demote Satan, because Satan would do a lot of stupid things and was high risk. True to her word, Sheela would not demote Satan as it was part of their original deal.

Fast-forward to yesterday. I had been feeling very burnt out from the game and decided I was going to start a break, so I left the guild that morning. This break was short-lived, because the dying spark that drew me to this game to begin with and kept me here this long suddenly exploded into a new flame. A few hours later, I started seeing messages in our not-to-be-named 3rd party server that just seemed very odd, so I went to read them. Everyone in the guild was apparently being booted. I've tried to create a timeline as best I could from the messages here.
  • Satan invites an Interceptor and gives them founder rights.
  • Satan then leaves the guild.
  • Interceptor then threatens/blackmails/makes demands to the guildies and previous leaders. This part was unclear to me; I was just reading they wouldn't bow to him.
  • Interceptor then kicks out everyone from the guild (except for one, the Traitor, I'll get to that later)
  • Sheela and some other leaders use an old guild thread to communicate with them after they kicked Satan from it (Interceptor had not even been added to threads yet, that is how quick this happened)
  • By passed down information of old accounts on the world, word had gotten to Sheela that Interceptor was actually an alt account for Satan.
  • By this point, many members had created support tickets on the issue but were told it could not be helped.
  • We take refuge in a closely resembling guild.
  • Information had been corrected that Interceptor was not an alt account for Satan, but rather an alt account for a more infamous FOEer that I'm sure many have heard of. We will call him N if referred directly.
  • I was not on the PC, so I can't confirm whether it was N or Satan, but one of them was boasting about the hijack in the global chat and offering it to the highest bidder.
  • To taunt us, Interceptor changed the guild name with the word Takeover added to it.
  • Sheela was called last night (I guess they have each other's phone number?) by N who blackmailed Sheela with an old message she had written and demanded 50k FPs and/or leveling all of Interceptor's GBs to 100 to get the guild back. Sheela politely tells N to eat worms (kidding, I don't actually know what it was, but it was guaranteed not polite).
So now, we're just planning our revenge. I decided to submit a support ticket myself to see why it couldn't be helped. I was told that its against policy for support to intervene in guild affairs unless it's just to give someone founder rights to replace a verified inactive account and that there was no breach of rules with what I had reported. So it turns out you can be just like Interceptor with no repercussions. It's a completely valid way to play the game. Befriend a founder of another guild and convince them to give you founder rights in their #10 world ranking guild, then kick everyone out and extort it for profit. Just make sure it's not in writing, and you're good!

Lannister the Rich

What's the takeaway? You all got screwed?
So it turns out you can be just like Interceptor with no repercussions. It's a completely valid way to play the game. Befriend a founder of another guild and convince them to give you founder rights in their #10 world ranking guild, then kick everyone out and extort it for profit.
The takeaway is that it is not against the rules, and thereby a plausible way to play the game.

Lannister the Rich

The takeaway seems to be not to merge guilds, and/or don't give leadership rights to players you are unfamiliar with.
Yeah. TBH, Sheela is a bit of a control freak, so it’s a bit of a shock she would do such a thing to begin with, but alas, hindsight is 20:20. But we don’t blame Sheela for trusting, we blame Satan for betraying that trust.

The Lady Redneck

Your story is not that uncommon. I have seen it happen in more that one world. The Moral of the tale is..... unless you start a guild with a friend and are co-founders from the very start. NEVER but NEVER give anyone else founders rights. Unless you fully intend leaving the game. And make that VERY clear. Especially to anyone who joins and wants to be everyone's bosom buddy and immediately starts bending over backwards to help in every way they can. And makes suggestions on how to improve the guild.

planetofthehumans2

Unless it was a level 80 guild, whats the problem with making another guild?

It sucks, time marches on and someday you'll laugh about it.

Staint Michael

Story time. Get your popcorn folks, this one's a doozy.

A few months ago, a guild merged with ours. As part of that deal, the founder of my guild promised theirs founder rights (begrudgingly). For anonymity and to reduce confusion, we will call my old founder Sheela, and their old "founder" Satan.... Time had passed and Sheela was repeatedly advised to demote Satan, because Satan would do a lot of stupid things and was high risk. True to her word, Sheela would not demote Satan as it was part of their original deal.

Fast-forward to yesterday. I had been feeling very burnt out from the game and decided I was going to start a break, so I left the guild that morning. This break was short-lived, because the dying spark that drew me to this game to begin with and kept me here this long suddenly exploded into a new flame. A few hours later, I started seeing messages in our not-to-be-named 3rd party server that just seemed very odd, so I went to read them. Everyone in the guild was apparently being booted. I've tried to create a timeline as best I could from the messages here.
  • Satan invites an Interceptor and gives them founder rights.
  • Satan then leaves the guild.
  • Interceptor then threatens/blackmails/makes demands to the guildies and previous leaders. This part was unclear to me; I was just reading they wouldn't bow to him.
  • Interceptor then kicks out everyone from the guild (except for one, the Traitor, I'll get to that later)
  • Sheela and some other leaders use an old guild thread to communicate with them after they kicked Satan from it (Interceptor had not even been added to threads yet, that is how quick this happened)
  • By passed down information of old accounts on the world, word had gotten to Sheela that Interceptor was actually an alt account for Satan.
  • By this point, many members had created support tickets on the issue but were told it could not be helped.
  • We take refuge in a closely resembling guild.
  • Information had been corrected that Interceptor was not an alt account for Satan, but rather an alt account for a more infamous FOEer that I'm sure many have heard of. We will call him N if referred directly.
  • I was not on the PC, so I can't confirm whether it was N or Satan, but one of them was boasting about the hijack in the global chat and offering it to the highest bidder.
  • To taunt us, Interceptor changed the guild name with the word Takeover added to it.
  • Sheela was called last night (I guess they have each other's phone number?) by N who blackmailed Sheela with an old message she had written and demanded 50k FPs and/or leveling all of Interceptor's GBs to 100 to get the guild back. Sheela politely tells N to eat worms (kidding, I don't actually know what it was, but it was guaranteed not polite).
So now, we're just planning our revenge. I decided to submit a support ticket myself to see why it couldn't be helped. I was told that its against policy for support to intervene in guild affairs unless it's just to give someone founder rights to replace a verified inactive account and that there was no breach of rules with what I had reported. So it turns out you can be just like Interceptor with no repercussions. It's a completely valid way to play the game. Befriend a founder of another guild and convince them to give you founder rights in their #10 world ranking guild, then kick everyone out and extort it for profit. Just make sure it's not in writing, and you're good!

Captain Christian

Who is "N."? Also, it sounds like N. was blackmailing Sheela on account of a real-life event. If that is the case, he can get banned from that. Also, I'd suggest luring him into a vicious argument. If you can get him to use profane language, even one time, he might get at least a temporary ban.

Lannister the Rich

Who is "N."? Also, it sounds like N. was blackmailing Sheela on account of a real-life event. If that is the case, he can get banned from that. Also, I'd suggest luring him into a vicious argument. If you can get him to use profane language, even one time, he might get at least a temporary ban.
Indeed, but it was over voice, so no proof. N has been doing this for a long time. He is very careful, but yes we are trying to catch him slipping