• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] My ship wont upgrade.

• Thread starter DeletedUser36023
  • Start date

DeletedUser35475

DeletedUser35475

Perhaps there is a reason they are wasted when they visit you?

Agent327

Sure. Reason is alcohol.

You really don't know much gramps. Is that why you ask all these questions?

DeletedUser35475

I know if I had to visit you I'd need a lot more than alcohol!

DeletedUser3882

Doesn't the ship add population?
Just another explanation I’m throwing in... Yes, ship adds population, but what these people are doing is *using* it to build another building somewhere effectively leaving them with little to no available population. They’ve got to delete something, or build some houses/level up their Babel a few times to gain back the what, 1900? 2000? population the ship provides in order to delete it, upgrade, replace it with the higher population gain.

It’s a common overlook most everyone has done at one time or another... There has been a few threads since this “upgrade” phenomenon started referencing “why is my happiness dropping every time” just the same as this issue.

DeletedUser3882

Uhhh Muhhh Guhhhh!
Why on earth would this require a change?!? Really?!? *Simple* math and simple, baseline game mechanics, no RNG, spreadsheets, string theory, not even the Prime Directive required to understand population gain/loss yet Here. We. Go.

Absolutely worst thing that ever happened to my sanity was the “millennial this, no gamer left behind that” mentality that the world’s population as a whole has embraced :/

RazorbackPirate

Uhhh Muhhh Guhhhh!
Why on earth would this require a change?!? Really?!? *Simple* math and simple, baseline game mechanics, no RNG, spreadsheets, string theory, not even the Prime Directive required to understand population gain/loss yet Here. We. Go.
And it's a user created problem. If they just built the ship and left everything else alone, they wouldn't have an upgrade issue. But they put down the ship, upgraded it a few times, then removed some housing, or built a building to use up the pop of the ship that upset the balance. The players need to fix their mistakes. It shouldn't be a bug fix.

DeletedUser35475

I does seem odd that it briefly removes the population before adding it back in since it is only going to add population with the upgrade. I guess it is a programming thing as other buildings that give population do it too when upgraded.

RazorbackPirate

I does seem odd that it briefly removes the population before adding it back in since it is only going to add population with the upgrade. I guess it is a programming thing as other buildings that give population do it too when upgraded.
It seems odd you would need to move out the current tenants before you could renovate the property to a higher capacity? It works the way it should. It's the user that jumps the gun and messes with their pop during build out that's getting caught. But once you know how to fx it, it should never be a problem again.

DeletedUser35475

It seems odd you would need to move out the current tenants before you could renovate the property to a higher capacity? It works the way it should. It's the user that jumps the gun and messes with their pop during build out that's getting caught. But once you know how to fx it, it should never be a problem again.

It's a game and the only thing it can do is increase the population. Why would you say it is the way it SHOULD work?

If it is an instant upgrade then why should it do anything more than add the new features? Maybe it can't because of the programming but to actually design it that way seems very user unfriendly.

RazorbackPirate

It's a game and the only thing it can do is increase the population. Why would you say it is the way it SHOULD work?

If it is an instant upgrade then why should it do anything more than add the new features? Maybe it can't because of the programming but to actually design it that way seems very user unfriendly.
Because it works consistent with every other residential building. You can only delete it if there's enough population.

DeletedUser35475

But you aren't deleting it, it doesn't even get removed from the map like some other upgrade-able buildings do. I get that it is the way it is but it takes no time as opposed to building a new residence over anther one does. It's not like you can make a choice to reduce the population to gain in some other area. I have to think it is a programming thing.

DeletedUser10720

While it is temporarily removed from the city to upgrade. The timer doesn't change even with the adjusted payouts. This is why I consider it a bug. While yes. A user generated bug. None the less. If the timer and any other aspects like size or connection aren't altered by the upgrade, the population shift shouldn't cause an issue.
In many other cases I could see the debate being one way or the other, but based on how the ship seems to be designed I'd think it does need fixed.

DeletedUser34800

Problem caused by people not understanding basic concepts, forcing the devs to adjust something that doesn't need fixing.

Amazingly, my 3 ships upgraded just fine with no issues. Yet some people who have no idea what they're doing in the game to begin with, cry and complain that it's broken and not working, despite it being the opposite.

Great. Love it when devs have to waste time making the game stupid proof.