• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

NEW NEIGHBORHOOD MERGING SYSTEM Feedback

Freshmeboy

Delotta, I understand your unhappiness with the pvai system but the hood merging isn't worsening the problem it's making it better to keep players playing....proposals have been made and many ideas bandied about as to ranking points also being taken into consideration in hood shuffles but that too is flawed. How is that fair to the player who has camped out, built a huge defense and raised his GBs to high levels...? Should he face superior troops in an age two eras above him..? No, the merger is based on the one facet of the game that is an equalizer..the tech tree. There is always a trade off for these players as they tend not to advance in age and that is the events. Take the good with the bad, design your city accordingly, and be aware there are some players who play this game one dimensionally for the pvp plunder aspect ALONE

DeletedUser26293

The ability or not is not the issue: do they want to waste time and money doing something so involved? I highly doubt it.

Not as difficult when you are attacking and taxing the neighborhood, you know. It eliminates the need to have several goods buildings.

Nasty...or the fact you have spent time quickly moving up the Eras and not enough time fully developing your city? As I have just looked at the stats you have, you have a St.B at level 6: is that all you have defending your city? You have to real battle stats, which makes me wonder if you do any GE battles, or just waste goods on negotiating. Though it looks like you have a slight uptick in battles since Sept.

If you blew through the Eras, you have NO ONE to blame but YOURSELF. You have been playing for at least a year and your city is a disaster. Your in PE and have the Monestary, 4 Watchfires and 1 RoF. So you have NO DEFENSE whatsoever. The first thing you need to do is redesign your city to make better use of the space that you are wasting, which is totally hampering your city. Then has been suggested, set collection times so you have a better chance to get what little goods you produce right now. You have a ton of space wasting buildings in your city for being in PE (Santa, Laua, Hedgemaze, Bazaar).

It is not the fact that Inno has reset the hoods in this way, it is the fact that your city has been poorly developed and you rushed through the Eras (no doubt to avoid the players who have rightfully decided you are an easy target). If your Guild is not helping you develope as a player, then you need to find a better one.

Your Industrial city is only in slightly better condition: again, the city design is a mess. And you have a ND hogging a ton of space. You have a massive housing issue, and you have goods buildings from Eras you should not: trade down to get those EMA/HMA and earlier goods. But again, the big issue with this city is NO DEFENSE: makes you an easy target. 6 Watchfires and a Monestary: nothing says "Tax Me Hard" like having no city defense.

DeletedUser26293

Well, I'm happy to see so many different answers. Thanks you all so much for your judgment of what's going on in my city and how i play and who is and isn't above me. ... Good thing you all know so much about what i'm talking about. ..... NOT. ... I just recently stepped into Progressive Era. ... I have done the Research Tree and am currently upgrading my city to all Progressive. I spent 4 months in each Age prior, building up my GB levels, my supplies, my units, and studying each until I could defeat them in not only GE, but also on the map. There are very few things in this game that I do not understand, having played it in past years when it was still relatively new, and being Guild Leader/Owner in Nine Different Worlds at that time. I stopped playing for a couple years and I have to tell you that my return has been less than pleasant. There are a few really nice changes to the game; however, beyond those few, I can honestly say I'm really disappointed in the changes that have come about. NEVER, have I EVER, in the past, been plundered so often or by so many. And I'm not the only one saying it either. ..... So,,, thanks again for all your comments; though I doubt many of you really have a clue what even went down this past page lol

DeletedUser

I just recently stepped into Progressive Era. ... I have done the Research Tree and am currently upgrading my city to all Progressive. I spent 4 months in each Age prior, building up my GB levels, my supplies, my units,
In your first post in this thread you said you only had 500k points. If you've really spent that long building up your GB levels, and you're really in Progressive, how on earth do you only have 500k points?
There are very few things in this game that I do not understand,
You apparently don't understand that plundering is part of the game, and that it is on you to figure out how to stop or minimize it. I don't get people that repeatedly come here to complain and demand changes to plundering just because they don't want to be bothered with figuring it out. There are lots of games out there where you can build a city without any fighting/plundering to worry about, go play one of them. Sheesh.

DeletedUser27137

In your first post in this thread you said you only had 500k points. If you've really spent that long building up your GB levels, and you're really in Progressive, how on earth do you only have 500k points?

You apparently don't understand that plundering is part of the game, and that it is on you to figure out how to stop or minimize it. I don't get people that repeatedly come here to complain and demand changes to plundering just because they don't want to be bothered with figuring it out. There are lots of games out there where you can build a city without any fighting/plundering to worry about, go play one of them. Sheesh.

I find myself completely agreeing with you here. if this person doesn't want to be plundered, they can either build thier defense.. collect on time.. or go play farmville...
this is a combat oriented game... this is NOT farmville...my suggestion to delotta is either learn to defend yourself, or please get in my hood, I need more doormats

DeletedUser32389

If I may...
This here:
I stopped playing for a couple years

brought you to this here:
NEVER, have I EVER, in the past, been plundered so often or by so many.

I'm sure you know this game goes on without you, but the effects are huge and persistent. If you stepped away from a world for just a few months and tried to come back you would find yourself in a tougher position than you were used to. Everyone else has grown up around you, and it's not offset that much by new players. What's changed is that there are now far more people over your head than before.
I played on multiple worlds when I started, but I've let the others go. If I started playing one of those again I would be in the same boat.
The pond has grown larger around you, little fish

DeletedUser28670

People who really like to plunder and don't like FOE: play Grepolis. Attacking can kick a player off their game. Basically, attack and win, you get your city taken away and you have to start over. Even if you spent 100 dollars on it. Plus the advantage of nice imbalanced troops.

People who hate plunder and FOE, go play elevenar. FOE for babies with cute names and no plunder.

FOE isn't so bad.

DeletedUser8428

People who really like to plunder and don't like FOE: play Grepolis. Attacking can kick a player off their game. Basically, attack and win, you get your city taken away and you have to start over. Even if you spent 100 dollars on it. Plus the advantage of nice imbalanced troops.

People who hate plunder and FOE, go play elevenar. FOE for babies with cute names and no plunder.

FOE isn't so bad.

Although I agree that "FOE isn't so bad", I don't think I would have said that "Elvenar is FOE for babies with cute names and no plunder. "

Elvenar wasn't for me (tried it). But it's a game similar to FOE without the plunder your neighbors option.

DeletedUser31882

I made the comment when you first began this atrocity, that it would be nice if you would put the plunderers with plunderers and that you would NOT make the changes you proposed as to Era's. ... Exactly as I feared, I am being plundered daily by players with 7m exp points while i have barely over 500k,,,, and it has become even more impossible to get the trades i need. This was a VERY BAD IDEA/DECISION/?? CHANGE that should be UNdone and FIXED IMMEDIATELY IF NOT SOONER !! i am, as you can see,,,,, VERY UNHAPPY with FOE atm

Based on your request & comments to feedback, I highly recommend you give Eve Online a whirl.

On a Foe related note: It would be interesting if FoE implemented some sort of diplomacy reward track to give incentive to carebear over club behavior. What I don't understand is you signing up and playing a game that has a game mechanic you dislike. I hate horror films, should I run into a theater and demand the movie be changed to a comedy drama? I'm all for pushing for changes that enrich the game we are invested in, but your request appears to ignore Inno's intention with the game in favor of what you personally want. By all means, share your opinion, I just hope you weren't seriously expecting an immediate fix.

People who hate plunder, go play elevenar. Foe for babies with cute names and no plunder.

Someday, I should investigate this mystical Elevenar so I can better recommend it to the care bear crowd. Plus, I like cute babies? *shrugs*

DeletedUser26293

Maybe you are right. I only play the game because I enjoy building my city. I want it to be pretty, and I defend it as best I can. Of course I know plundering is part of the game. And I've made many friends due to the simple fact they attacked my city and that's how I stopped them. But, as you said, thieving others' "stuff" IS a 'part of the game.' THank YOu! You've helped me make up my mind. I was thinking to spend irl cash on diamonds to enlarge my city so that I would have space to continue placing my new PE military, but why? You are right. I need to instead go find a city building game where players respect the property and efforts of other players. thanks again for helping me figure out what to do. .... I am done here.

DeletedUser29295

Well, I'm happy to see so many different answers. Thanks you all so much for your judgment of what's going on in my city and how i play and who is and isn't above me.

I am happy to have been of service to you: my information to you is well informed since I researched you and both of your cities, so you can take or leave my advice to you as you will.

I spent 4 months in each Age prior, building up my GB levels, my supplies, my units, and studying each until I could defeat them in not only GE, but also on the map.

If you have done this, then your city would not have the useless items in it I noted. And it would not have meandering roads to nowhere, from 4 different Eras. Nor would you still have BA buildings while you are in both Indy and PE. And with your battle counts so low, it really makes me wonder how much fighting (which is the real way to learn what the troops can do) you really have done.

There are very few things in this game that I do not understand

I think there is more to this game then you do understand, and it seems as if you have not asked people for information or assistance with your developement in the finer aspects of FoE since you "were away", as you stated.

thanks again for all your comments; though I doubt many of you really have a clue what even went down this past page lol

As Maui sang, "Your Welcome".

You are right. I need to instead go find a city building game where players respect the property and efforts of other players.

We who plunder do respect the property and efforts of others: right into our own cities. That is true respect when we deem you a needed extension of our own efforts. You should be happy this game is not like Evony (I have never played Grepolis, and tried Elevanar and found it boring), where you can spend tons of real money and still get kicked off the map so bad you have to start from scratch over and over.

Thank you for stopping in, and I do hope you find a game that is what you are looking for.

DeletedUser

Maybe you are right. I only play the game because I enjoy building my city. I want it to be pretty, and I defend it as best I can. Of course I know plundering is part of the game. And I've made many friends due to the simple fact they attacked my city and that's how I stopped them. But, as you said, thieving others' "stuff" IS a 'part of the game.' THank YOu! You've helped me make up my mind. I was thinking to spend irl cash on diamonds to enlarge my city so that I would have space to continue placing my new PE military, but why? You are right. I need to instead go find a city building game where players respect the property and efforts of other players. thanks again for helping me figure out what to do. .... I am done here.
Glad to be of service.

DeletedUser26293

I am happy to have been of service to you: my information to you is well informed since I researched you and both of your cities, so you can take or leave my advice to you as you will.

If you have done this, then your city would not have the useless items in it I noted. And it would not have meandering roads to nowhere, from 4 different Eras. Nor would you still have BA buildings while you are in both Indy and PE. And with your battle counts so low, it really makes me wonder how much fighting (which is the real way to learn what the troops can do) you really have done.

I think there is more to this game then you do understand, and it seems as if you have not asked people for information or assistance with your developement in the finer aspects of FoE since you "were away", as you stated.

As Maui sang, "Your Welcome".

We who plunder do respect the property and efforts of others: right into our own cities. That is true respect when we deem you a needed extension of our own efforts. You should be happy this game is not like Evony (I have never played Grepolis, and tried Elevanar and found it boring), where you can spend tons of real money and still get kicked off the map so bad you have to start from scratch over and over.

Thank you for stopping in, and I do hope you find a game that is what you are looking for.

well obviously you did not bother to read the part where i stated i had only recently entered PE and was in the process of upgrading my city; which of course would be WHY there are meandering roads to nowhere and etc ..... as to the rest of your comments...... all i can say is i am so happy For YOU that you can just go into my city and take what I need to continue to do that (upgrade my city to a new Era). .... but, as we have already stated,,,, plundering IS part of the game for a great many players apparently. and i guess that's just too bad, for the rest of us. But I want to say that I tried every combination of units I could, using my unattached units, and all to no avail. I am not stupid. My units are being overwhelmed by someone who is leagues ahead of me in points and therefore ahead of me in all defense/attack available to us. I even tried using attack/def boosts; again, to no avail. So .... say what you will. That is just wrong on every level.

DeletedUser

well obviously you did not bother to read the part where i stated i had only recently entered PE and was in the process of upgrading my city; which of course would be WHY there are meandering roads to nowhere and etc ..... as to the rest of your comments...... all i can say is i am so happy For YOU that you can just go into my city and take what I need to continue to do that (upgrade my city to a new Era). .... but, as we have already stated,,,, plundering IS part of the game for a great many players apparently. and i guess that's just too bad, for the rest of us. But I want to say that I tried every combination of units I could, using my unattached units, and all to no avail. I am not stupid. My units are being overwhelmed by someone who is leagues ahead of me in points and therefore ahead of me in all defense/attack available to us. I even tried using attack/def boosts; again, to no avail. So .... say what you will. That is just wrong on every level.
So now I've taken a look at your city and now know why you hate plundering so much. Too many set pieces. All ripe for plunder. Might as well hang out a sign, "Plunder me!"

DeletedUser29295

well obviously you did not bother to read the part where i stated i had only recently entered PE and was in the process of upgrading my city

If you havw spent 4 months in each Era, WHY do you STILL have Bronze Era buildings? THIS is why I stated:

Nasty...or the fact you have spent time quickly moving up the Eras and not enough time fully developing your city? As I have just looked at the stats you have, you have a St.B at level 6: is that all you have defending your city? You have to real battle stats, which makes me wonder if you do any GE battles, or just waste goods on negotiating. Though it looks like you have a slight uptick in battles since Sept.

Your Industrial city is only in slightly better condition: again, the city design is a mess. And you have a ND hogging a ton of space. You have a massive housing issue, and you have goods buildings from Eras you should not: trade down to get those EMA/HMA and earlier goods. But again, the big issue with this city is NO DEFENSE: makes you an easy target. 6 Watchfires and a Monestary: nothing says "Tax Me Hard" like having no city defense.

Even if you "just moved up", there is no real excuse for an "expierenced" player such as yourself to have longhouses and such in your city.

DeletedUser29295

My units are being overwhelmed by someone who is leagues ahead of me in points and therefore ahead of me in all defense/attack available to us. I even tried using attack/def boosts; again, to no avail. So .... say what you will. That is just wrong on every level.

How many times does it need to be stated that the POINTS really mean diddly squat. The hood is set up via the Tech Tree, not points. So the players in your hood have all finished about the same amount of techs as you have. That is about a level a playing field as Inno can set up.

So you rocket through the tech tree, don't do GE (unless you are wasting your precious goods/coins/supplies negotiating them), you don't protect your city, and you have roads from Iron to PE in one, Iron to Industrial in the other. You have sets that are ripe for the picking, ONE defensive GB, no watchfires/RoF's to speak of for being so advanced.

And you wonder why people attack and tax you non stop. If you were in my hood, you would be in the top 10 for me to wipe out on a daily basis.

DeletedUser31882

I was thinking to spend irl cash on diamonds to enlarge my city so that I would have space to continue placing my new PE military, but why?

thanks again for helping me figure out what to do. .... I am done here.

Our pleasure! Happy Forg... er... Have a good one wherever you go!

Are they gone? Whew... I faceplam every time some one starts waving the 'I got money, but you don't have what I want... so.. I'm going to slowly walk towards the door... with all my money... Are you still listening?' charade.

My units are being overwhelmed by someone who is leagues ahead of me in points and therefore ahead of me in all defense/attack available to us. I even tried using attack/def boosts; again, to no avail. So .... say what you will. That is just wrong on every level.

You forgot to complain about City Defense scripting and how Rogues are OP and need nerfing.

Serious note: What's wrong is you not seeing the bigger picture of the city strategy of FoE and how much time, luck and FP goes into building a 'overwhelming' ATK/DEF city. The best defense against plunderers is to collect on time. Doesn't require any defense troop management or city space. Have you investigated the Tavern city Shield? That's another wonderful toy Inno has been gracious to give people who don't play the game 24/7 and want to sleep peacefully.

What you appear to desire is a PvP game that puts everyone on the same level infrastructure wise. I recommend a good FPS or a game with more structured PvP mechanics (last one I played was... WoW? goodness that was years ago). FoE is built around power over time (or an absurd amount of diamonds). If you are unwilling to invest the time into the game, don't be surprised when someone who has invested the time targets your city.

DeletedUser26293

So now I've taken a look at your city and now know why you hate plundering so much. Too many set pieces. All ripe for plunder. Might as well hang out a sign, "Plunder me!"

So what you are saying is that it is MY fault I am being plundered by players leagues ahead of me in points; and that I should get rid of all my special buildings so no one WANTS TO plunder me. That's like saying I should have just stayed in Stone Age and not bothered to make my city nice. ... The problem is not with how I do my city. The problem is in not matching neighborhoods equally. I have lots of players who attack and don't win. And I don't mind those that attack and plunder 'legally'. But when you have a player who has been in PE long enough to have 7M points,,,,,, that's when I have a problem. They should be in Oceanic with that many points. But they stay in PE so they can easily plunder weaker players.

DeletedUser8428

So what you are saying is that it is MY fault I am being plundered by players leagues ahead of me in points; and that I should get rid of all my special buildings so no one WANTS TO plunder me. That's like saying I should have just stayed in Stone Age and not bothered to make my city nice. ... The problem is not with how I do my city. The problem is in not matching neighborhoods equally. I have lots of players who attack and don't win. And I don't mind those that attack and plunder 'legally'. But when you have a player who has been in PE long enough to have 7M points,,,,,, that's when I have a problem. They should be in Oceanic with that many points. But they stay in PE so they can easily plunder weaker players.

Sorry Delotta, that makes no sense. *Having 7 million points does not make one a more powerful player*. If a player is in PE and YOU are in PE then you are both operating from the same era - you all use the exact same army type/strength.

If they're getting military boosts that you're not getting, you can take the actions that are available to you to avoid plunder (there is an entire thread devoted to tactics to minimize your vulnerability) or not. You can ask more experienced players how best to protect yourself/take revenge (if that's what you want to do). But if you don't take any of the simple actions open to you , that isn't the fault of the other player. Neighbor attack/plunder *IS* part of this game.

DeletedUser

So what you are saying is that it is MY fault I am being plundered by players leagues ahead of me in points; and that I should get rid of all my special buildings so no one WANTS TO plunder me.
Well, to be clear, it is not the set pieces that are the real problem. I was referring to them as the explanation for why you hate plundering so much. My city on Sinerania had lots of set pieces, too, and if I had taken no steps to protect them I would have been in the same boat as you. The difference being that I understand that it is my responsibility to stop plundering or minimize its effect, not Inno's.
The problem is not with how I do my city. The problem is in not matching neighborhoods equally.
Au contraire. Neighborhoods are matched as equally as they can be, and much more equally than they were when you could be in Iron Age and be plundered by a Future Era player. The problem is exactly in how you do your city, as many experienced players have already told you.
I have lots of players who attack and don't win. And I don't mind those that attack and plunder 'legally'. But when you have a player who has been in PE long enough to have 7M points,,,,,, that's when I have a problem.
So what has this 7M point player done that is "illegal"? Absolutely nothing. And, as has been pointed out by various players, points in and of themselves have no direct bearing on fighting.
But they stay in PE so they can easily plunder weaker players.
This is pure speculation on your part. There are a myriad of reasons someone would stay in one age for an extended period of time. And yes, one of them is to plunder weaker players, but you have no way of knowing if this particular player is doing it for that particular reason. Instead of wasting time complaining about something that is not at all part of your problem (neighborhood makeup), you should try to figure out how to protect what you have. As @hjh102 just pointed out, there are threads here that will help you with that.