• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

NEW NEIGHBORHOOD MERGING SYSTEM Feedback

DeletedUser29295

So what you are saying is that it is MY fault I am being plundered by players leagues ahead of me in points

Again with the malarky about points: IT IS TECH RESEARCH YOU ARE GROUPED BY!

So what you are saying is that it is MY fault I am being plundered by players

YES, it is your fault. It is your fault because both of your cities are in terrible condition, and you have no defenses to prevent it. You are a lamb, fresh and ready to be sheared daily.

But when you have a player who has been in PE long enough to have 7M points,,,,,, that's when I have a problem. They should be in Oceanic with that many points. But they stay in PE so they can easily plunder weaker players.

So, since I have almost 4m points what Era should I be in? After all, since you cannot seem to grasp the simple fact that THE HOODS ARE SET UP BY TECH RESEARCH AND NOT POINTS, we must have you be the decider of what Era we all need to be in.

I will say this again: YOU have mismanaged both of your cities. You are in PE and Indy and have no real GB's that provide anything for you. You have buildings from the BRONZE ERA in your cities that needed to be replaced MONTHS AGO (since you claim to spend 4 months per Era, but that is for another post). You claim to know all about the game, but you have not grasped the simple mechanics of it.

The best advice I can give you is to FIND ANOTHER GUILD. One that will take a "new", inexpierenced player like yourself and teach you the fundementals of how to play. You need assistance that your Guilds are not providing to you. Between joining a good Guild, and maybe READING threads here on how to better manage your city, you may be able to fend of attackers in say....6 months.

DeletedUser26293

How many times does it need to be stated that the POINTS really mean diddly squat. The hood is set up via the Tech Tree, not points. So the players in your hood have all finished about the same amount of techs as you have. That is about a level a playing field as Inno can set up.

So you rocket through the tech tree, don't do GE (unless you are wasting your precious goods/coins/supplies negotiating them), you don't protect your city, and you have roads from Iron to PE in one, Iron to Industrial in the other. You have sets that are ripe for the picking, ONE defensive GB, no watchfires/RoF's to speak of for being so advanced.

And you wonder why people attack and tax you non stop. If you were in my hood, you would be in the top 10 for me to wipe out on a daily basis.

oh good! another ass whose opinion i don't need to hear. ... thanks so much for nothing!

DeletedUser26293

want to thank whomever it was that told me of the city shield in tavern boosts. no. i'm sorry to say this "lamb, fresh and ready to be sheared daily" .... i have to admit i had not seen that. THANK YOU! ... now i finally have something to defend myself with from players who should have moved on long ago, or who should have been grouped with others in their att/def levels. why don't you just tell me to take spearchuckers against tanks? that would help at least as much as many of you have. ... piss off, those of you who cannot be bothered to remember what it's like to be a lower level player; and those of you who think the only reason for playing a game is to get ahead. ... not everyone is as greedy or as (dare i say it) compassion-less as you. ... but you will see me no more now that someone has actually HELPED me defend my city. ...

DeletedUser

want to thank whomever it was that told me of the city shield in tavern boosts. no. i'm sorry to say this "lamb, fresh and ready to be sheared daily" .... i have to admit i had not seen that. THANK YOU! ... now i finally have something to defend myself with from players who should have moved on long ago, or who should have been grouped with others in their att/def levels. why don't you just tell me to take spearchuckers against tanks? that would help at least as much as many of you have. ... piss off, those of you who cannot be bothered to remember what it's like to be a lower level player; and those of you who think the only reason for playing a game is to get ahead. ... not everyone is as greedy or as (dare i say it) compassion-less as you. ... but you will see me no more now that someone has actually HELPED me defend my city. ...
You know, if you had come here asking for help, most of us would have been more than happy to share our game knowledge and experience with you, including the fact that there is a City Shield boost in your Tavern. However, you came to this thread on Monday simply to complain about the neighborhood merging system. Why? I don't know. Anyone who played under the old system knows that it was so much more lopsided than the current system that there is really no comparison. So here's a little tip for future reference: You want help or advice? Just ask. We will be happy to assist you. Just about everybody that posts here regularly. You want to be the target of derision? Come here and complain about a game mechanic. Those of us that have been playing a while have learned to adapt to some and live with the others. And we're kind of unsympathetic (as you've seen) to whiners.

Anyway, I hope the City Shield will make your life easier until the plunderer moves on. :)

Darth Mole

You're a little charmer aren't you?

DeletedUser29352

I made the comment when you first began this atrocity, that it would be nice if you would put the plunderers with plunderers and that you would NOT make the changes you proposed as to Era's. ... Exactly as I feared, I am being plundered daily by players with 7m exp points while i have barely over 500k,,,, and it has become even more impossible to get the trades i need. This was a VERY BAD IDEA/DECISION/?? CHANGE that should be UNdone and FIXED IMMEDIATELY IF NOT SOONER !! i am, as you can see,,,,, VERY UNHAPPY with FOE atm
Plunderers often times are quite strong. I prefer to prey on the weak and infirm. So I vote no to this.

DeletedUser26293

Delotta, I understand your unhappiness with the pvai system but the hood merging isn't worsening the problem it's making it better to keep players playing....proposals have been made and many ideas bandied about as to ranking points also being taken into consideration in hood shuffles but that too is flawed. How is that fair to the player who has camped out, built a huge defense and raised his GBs to high levels...? Should he face superior troops in an age two eras above him..? No, the merger is based on the one facet of the game that is an equalizer..the tech tree. There is always a trade off for these players as they tend not to advance in age and that is the events. Take the good with the bad, design your city accordingly, and be aware there are some players who play this game one dimensionally for the pvp plunder aspect ALONE

thank you freshmeboy.... i really have not had a problem til this latest change. Yes, my city was regularly attacked but my units have been able to keep them at bay, or i've strategied until i could beat them and they stop or i send them a fr and that also ends it. but wow man! you are right and that is exactly what is happening. i'm being set on by those who are sitting still collecting att/def til it's like telling me to use my spearmen on barbarians. yeah i can do that. but i've obviously no HOPE of winning. you see? ..... soooo... i've all these others telling me i'm just asking to be plundered because i've concentrated more on being a good neighbor and making a 'pretty' city than on defending it. i enjoy GE... but i dont go out against my neighbors because that's not why i started my city. and til now, that's been ok. now? not so much. ... Happy New Year to you! :)

Salsuero

players who should have moved on long ago

Who are you to determine that?

piss off, those of you who cannot be bothered to remember what it's like to be a lower level player;

I'm a low-level player... HMA to be exact. You're leaps and bounds further up the tech tree than I am. What's your point exactly? I get attacked once in a while, haven't been plundered in maybe a year? I've been playing a little over 400 days now. I have lots of points because I earned them, but I still only have the same troops as everyone in my hood. I also don't plunder anyone unless an event requires it or they attack me first and it's a revenge attack from me. Then if they stop attacking, I start aiding again. This really isn't a difficult concept. You just want the game to bend to your will and that's silly for a strategy game. Learn strategy. It's really that simple. Methinks thou doth protesteth too much. Hey... there's always Cities Skylines.

IngeJones

Why don't they match people with similar points rather than going by era? The points would indicate which people are active fighters, so at least you get fighters in with fighters. There could be a programmed rule that if you're attacking someone in a lower era, you can only use the units that are up to and including that era. I'd like mixed hoods again because I am finding it very difficult to trade across eras these days.

DeletedUser

Why don't they match people with similar points rather than going by era? The points would indicate which people are active fighters, so at least you get fighters in with fighters. There could be a programmed rule that if you're attacking someone in a lower era, you can only use the units that are up to and including that era. I'd like mixed hoods again because I am finding it very difficult to trade across eras these days.
A) Points do not indicate whether people are active fighters or not. Points come from 3 sources, and only 1 of them is fighting.
B) Even if points did indicate active fighters, grouping people by points would still not work, because then you would get an "active fighter" from one era matched up with players from 2, 3 or even 4 ages higher. And no matter how active a fighter, they can't compete against troops from 4 eras above what they have. We learned that under the old neighborhood merge system.
C) If you're finding it very difficult to trade across eras, instead of looking to Inno to fix it, why don't you take the steps available to you already to remedy it? Meaning look at your guild and your friends list and work on those instead of trying to change the game to suit your laziness.

IngeJones

A) Points do not indicate whether people are active fighters or not. Points come from 3 sources, and only 1 of them is fighting.
B) Even if points did indicate active fighters, grouping people by points would still not work, because then you would get an "active fighter" from one era matched up with players from 2, 3 or even 4 ages higher. And no matter how active a fighter, they can't compete against troops from 4 eras above what they have. We learned that under the old neighborhood merge system.
C) If you're finding it very difficult to trade across eras, instead of looking to Inno to fix it, why don't you take the steps available to you already to remedy it? Meaning look at your guild and your friends list and work on those instead of trying to change the game to suit your laziness.

WRT b) that's why I said you can only fight below you with troops from the same era as the person you are fighting. So if a PME wants to pick on a ME neighbor they can only do it with ME troops - a bit like GvG.

DeletedUser29055

WRT b) that's why I said you can only fight below you with troops from the same era as the person you are fighting. So if a PME wants to pick on a ME neighbor they can only do it with ME troops - a bit like GvG.
I do like this. Still if a player did not invest in defense, it would only help a lttle. Especially, if they other player invested in his attack gbs.

Delotta, the city shield is expensive and won t help you long. Stephen and alkayman had good advice in here. More advice in the thread help, I am being plundered.

Inno, won t help you. If you attack and conquer a city, there is a button right there, saying go plunder. This game allows and encourages plunder, including gbs that support plunder. It is like playing chess and saying to the other player to not take the king.

I thought similarly a few months ago, but then tried a few weeks plundering. I still don't like it, but I understand plunderers a bit better. I do accept it as part of a game.

Volodya

Your point about trading across eras is well-taken, but it only demonstrates that no method of arranging neighborhoods is going to be perfect. There's really no question that the current era-based system is a lot more equitable than the one it replaced.

DeletedUser26120

There's really no question that the current era-based system is a lot more equitable than the one it replaced.
True but it's unfortunate on new worlds. 31 out of the top 50 players are in the same hood atm in Z - including the entire top ten, spanning 8 eras lol.

DeletedUser26293

hmmm, I see why some people still complain

Yep, same hood. 36 million to 1000 spread lol, might need a few watchfires.
WRvYAbQ.jpg
and it's still going on today ..... thankfully, with the latest neighbor change my top neighbor is only 2m points ahead of me rather than 7m ... i will at least have a fighting chance with these should they attack. ..... ty

DeletedUser

and it's still going on today ..... thankfully, with the latest neighbor change my top neighbor is only 2m points ahead of me rather than 7m ... i will at least have a fighting chance with these should they attack. ..... ty
LOL. Look closely at the pictures in the post you quoted. Neither of the GBs shown has anything to do with fighting! Which goes to prove the point that we've been trying to drum into your head, that points don't matter!!!!!

DeletedUser31592

It also is an unfair comparison. Very few players get over 100,000 points when in Iron Age. The top of that hood is full of diamond farms and campers. And the bottom is usually full of Bronze Aged cities. I know- I have 2 cities in IA.

One way I use to judge whether or not I should age up a city- I want to be in the top-10 of my hood. If I'm not at least in the top-20, I'm racing the tech tree and need to park for a few weeks (or months). I aged up in Y just a couple of weeks ago (2 or 3, can't remember). I'm #1 in my hood in my new age, lol.

I play in 7 worlds. I'm top-10 in all of my neighborhoods. *knocks on wood* I almost never get plundered. I honestly think just being at the top of the hood keeps people from even trying. In the last few months, I've been plundered twice. (To be fair, I can only be plundered in 5 cities.) I've been attacked a few times, but part of that is DCs.