• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Ranking Feedback

DeletedUser1084

Please let us know in this thread what your thoughts are about the upcoming ranking change.
Please keep all post civil and within the rules and as always stay on topic.

DeletedUser10131

I'm just glad I saw this before I bought more diamonds. I planned to buy a bunch more SOK, but assume those will be next to change. I'm done investing money for Inno just to change what we spent money building.

Insult to injury we are rewarded a worthless decoration we don't have space due to limited space available.

I'm strictly free to play from now on. That will save me a couple hundred this event

DeletedUser

I like this change quite a bit, gives the farmers of the guild some credit, and encourages more active gameplay over buildings cities crammed only with forge points.

DeletedUser9732

GB point balancing - Good, as it has been out of whack for a long time, and has been a repeated point of discussion.
Adding goods to ranking points - Sure, why not, encourages treasury building. I am curious as to the actual point values though.
Tweaking building points - *shrugs* Again, curious about where the point values will end up.
Removing points for coin/supply collection - :mad: Not cool.

DeletedUser4441

I am personally glad to see this finally coming. It will make leveling GB's what it is supposed to be. You level a GB for the benefit to your city IE:added FP, att/def, %increase on whatever. Not for 938,987,293,290 score points for that level!!

:):)

DeletedUser10131

Why the co

I don't understand the reasoning behind removing the coins/supply collection from the calculation of the ranking points. It should be put back in as it measure the player activity as well.

Actually I like this one. It's called share the pain. This is all about attacking your neighbors and GvG. If you want points start attacking everyone.

DeletedUser10517

There isnt any "imbalance". ALL players are free to level their GBs to whatever level they like.......ALL.
Noone is excluded, which means it is fair and balanced.

Mustapha00

Odd that Goods spent to unlock technologies will be counted towards ranking points but coins and supplies used to unlock technologies will not. If all three are necessary to acquire the tech, then all three should count or none of them should count.
Odd that Goods spent to Negotiate for the acquisition of sectors will be counted towards ranking points if the rest of the change is designed to push more players into PvP or GvG. Seems contradictory to me.

DeletedUser18177

First I want to admit to being a forge point and goods farmer. I’m #1 in my world by billions! I’m more than fine with Inno making changes. I see that people looking at it from different points of view and I would like to express that the game is not called War of Empires! To forge is to create and build then fight! (put it in any order you like but it takes the 3) Not just fight! I’m an Army Vet and I know for fact that every army needs a support element. The game has two elements; the city and the guild. The rewards for leveling a guild have nothing on leveling up a city. I understand dropping the GB points some but not that low. A level 70 ND is worth more 1,000,000 points (but still stupid). I believe that making guild levels worth more would fix a lot. Level 50 in the guild element gives 6 FP and that’s nothing! Why work at it when I can just level the Cape? I may power level GB’s a lot but I have every GB that provides guild goods! 3 or 4 of us and you don’t need anyone to donate on a high level to that age! In real life (lol) war is worth it all if you are fighting for the right reason! In the game it’s worth really nothing! If you make it worth something, I’ll still farm but donate more and fight more! The real issue is the GVG rewards and rules! Make it harder and worth more! Reset the maps if you make changes to give everyone a go at it! (sorry if I misspelled)

Resipsa2

Although premium houses and supply do increase ranking points faster, i buy diamonds a few times a year - at new ages and during Easter and Winter Events (with bonuses) to first get a jump on GVG maps and second, set up city to provide FPs, etc... This part of the game is not significantly unfair to long-term players; for without 20K victories i would not be top 30; nor would both our sister guilds be in the top 10 without fighters. Many players say rankings are not important; but i do know it is important to enough, that it effects decisions of a large percent, as well as reflects on the game. The basic formula 300 coin/supply and 50 battle points + current buildings is both simple and fair; and great buildings were as well, until as mentioned around level 30+ when they simply got irrational. absurd, ridiculous and i would say comical - except to me and i imagine many - more frustrating than laughable. And about time it is addressed. Thank you.

Resipsa2

I agree GBs also need to be address; one premium Future Era concert hall or TE hologram polished significantly puts to shame stand alone Happiness GBs; putting in Cape at 1000 points however, takes about a month for the average player to level and a break even of over 2 1/2 years to be worth the 1 extra FP per day. Also, attack % are difficult to gain vs. city defense points from watchfires. I do not agree with resetting GVG maps, unless you refund month long guild goods drives to their treasuries to off set cost; however, GVG siege cost do need to be addressed, both on how easy it is to ghost off guilds at low cost and no troop siege cost and on how much it cost to take back sectors/tiles once you are defending 20+

DeletedUser14517

I want to know why this is being "addressed" instead of actually fixing the major issues with the game first. Fix the lag; fix the incorrect timers; fix the graphics issues and THEN do the point balancing, which by the way, is going to screw over a ton of players for zero good reason.

You are not thinking in terms of what is best for the players, merely what is best for your pockets. This is NOT how to keep players.

DeletedUser

First I want to admit to being a forge point and goods farmer. I’m #1 in my world by billions! I’m more than fine with Inno making changes. I see that people looking at it from different points of view and I would like to express that the game is not called War of Empires! To forge is to create and build then fight! (put it in any order you like but it takes the 3) Not just fight! I’m an Army Vet and I know for fact that every army needs a support element. The game has two elements; the city and the guild. The rewards for leveling a guild have nothing on leveling up a city. I understand dropping the GB points some but not that low. A level 70 ND is worth more 1,000,000 points (but still stupid). I believe that making guild levels worth more would fix a lot. Level 50 in the guild element gives 6 FP and that’s nothing! Why work at it when I can just level the Cape? I may power level GB’s a lot but I have every GB that provides guild goods! 3 or 4 of us and you don’t need anyone to donate on a high level to that age! In real life (lol) war is worth it all if you are fighting for the right reason! In the game it’s worth really nothing! If you make it worth something, I’ll still farm but donate more and fight more! The real issue is the GVG rewards and rules! Make it harder and worth more! Reset the maps if you make changes to give everyone a go at it! (sorry if I misspelled)
I really like the idea of making guild levels worth more. The majority of this game involved your guild and how you interact with it, would be great if it meant more. Also, they're gonna have to figure something out about guilds hitting level 50, give them some added incentive to keep playing.

DeletedUser2711

IMO, I have always felt that it would make more sense to base points on the things that are constant in the game.
Complete a tech - gain some points. Whether the tech took goods and/or coin and/or supplies would not be the point.
Acquire a sector - gain some points. Whether the sector was fought for or negotiated would not matter.
Complete a quest - gain some points (along with the rewards)
Plant a GB - gain some points. Leveling it should not result in more points than using a renovation kit to age up a building does.
GvG has its own ranking system, as it should be.

I personally have never liked that efficiency in battle has never mattered. But at least points are earned based on what is constant in PvE battle.

DeletedUser8006

Oh yippy, now we are just encouraging more people to loop sectors in GvG and shield up the map even more. The point system for the GB was stupid in the first place, shouldn't have grown at such a rate for higher levels. Not sure who thought that one out in the first place.

Coin collection should stay for those who don't fight as there is a lot of farmers and give them a chance to do something to.

Ultimately all this does is push the stat whoring from one metric to another. instead of doing GBs those people are going to now loop GvG sectors to move up in the ranks. If you fix that they will look at whatever will move them up faster. Fix the game play and balance the game then figure out how you want those people who are interested in the ranks to play.

DeletedUser13941

I want to know why this is being "addressed" instead of actually fixing the major issues with the game first. Fix the lag; fix the incorrect timers; fix the graphics issues and THEN do the point balancing, which by the way, is going to screw over a ton of players for zero good reason.

You are not thinking in terms of what is best for the players, merely what is best for your pockets. This is NOT how to keep players.

Exactly what I was thinking. Yet another update/change to the game that should not be a priority, yet the major issues with the game that many people are complaining about, not only aren't getting fixed, but they aren't even acknowledging our complaints. Your game lags horribly now. It kicks people off with stupid error messages. The chat is constantly not working throughout the day. The list goes on. Are you that ignorant that you don't care or that stupid that you can't fix it? What do we have to do to get a response around here? Worst customer support ever. Maybe we should all start blowing up the Facebook page and see if we get any attention then.