• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Ranking Feedback

DeletedUser18177

Where is the location of the talk about the shrines? I want to read what is or was being said. Thanks if you can help.

DeletedUser8152

I have played this game awhile. In my main city I am tomorrow age. I have never yet understood what the points are all about. I have asked in chat before and never gotten an answer that showed they were worth going after. So could someone explain to me, what good it is to get points. It is obviously a big deal for a lot of players. Why should it matter to me how many points I have? What advantage will I have for having a lot of them? Or is it a competition thing, like I have more points than someone else, like maybe similar to winning a race?
It is just a competition thing, there is no in-game benefit.

DeletedUser10131

clusseau has the right perspective. And Shaker, as I'm in your hood on a world and friendly with you, I'm sure you'll still have a massive number of points. The mere fact that you were considering spending $320 on SoK's tells me that you live a life of privelage that I will never know. I can't even afford to donate a half of that to my local homeless shelter for the Winter (which I'd do long before I ever would buy diamonds).
It's a game; you can play to have the "top score" or you can play to enjoy the game.

It's one of the benefits of being retired. Lots of disposable cash and way too much time. I used to spend lots of time fighting. The lag has been so bad I can't stand to do it. I'm way past griefing my neighbors. I have more medals than I'll ever be able to spend. GvG is just too expensive and being able to take a few sectors a day is so stupid.

Back to the $320. One day you'll be in my situation and looking back wishing you were back where you are now. There is something being young that is worth more than money

DeletedUser10131

Where is the location of the talk about the shrines? I want to read what is or was being said. Thanks if you can help.

It was in a discussion about game progression. I did some looking, but there is so much to go thru. It was basically how they made some players way too powerful. One person posted a picture recently he had like 150 shrines. I currently do about 120 FP a day. That doesn't include any I get from my 25 Wishing Wells. I imagine he is over 200 FP a day. It makes lvling GB much easier. I would agree SOK in great numbers are way overpowered. The new one will be the Arc. All my focus is on it right now. The bonus FP makes it the best GB in my opinion. Especially if you donate to high lvl GB

DeletedUser2193

Why do the game makers want to punish big dollar players? This game is riddled with beggars, whiners and players who have no concept of reciprocity. I build my city but am very generous with people, and still they complain about inequality? Work as hard as I have for my big points, suffer through the jason error, to those who felt the current system was "unfair".....learn to make an effort and learn when you have been given something for nothing.......it will only happen once in my game.

DeletedUser18177

It was in a discussion about game progression. I did some looking, but there is so much to go thru. It was basically how they made some players way too powerful. One person posted a picture recently he had like 150 shrines. I currently do about 120 FP a day. That doesn't include any I get from my 25 Wishing Wells. I imagine he is over 200 FP a day. It makes lvling GB much easier. I would agree SOK in great numbers are way overpowered. The new one will be the Arc. All my focus is on it right now. The bonus FP makes it the best GB in my opinion. Especially if you donate to high lvl GB

Lol the person who posted the pic may have been me. I do 274 FP per day. This is how I feel about it- as soon as I get any one BP for any new GB, I build it in 30 seconds.The makes it so the world gets it faster and also sale the goods to build the GB's! Power does not come from FP! It comes from conduct! I don't present myself as being better than anyone and I don't attack people.....I need their Aid! What really should happen is after a certain amount of fights you receive a GB called....lets say the command center. After you reach so many fights it levels up like a regular GB with the same points or more and you don't need BP. Its so many ways to fix this but what they have planned will only reduce my enjoyment.

Algona

I think I asked that question a while back, about the benefits of Ranking Points. Thanks for the answer. RP somewhat effect neighborhood placement?

So let me see if I got this straight, some people are buying diamonds to level their GBs primarily to get higher Ranking Points? That's all the process was? Cash to Diamonds to GB BPs to Ranking Points?

And Ranking is meaningless in game play.

That's awesome.

----------

Dear INNO:

You are flipping nuts to discourage cash customers from giving you money for something that has no effect whatsoever on the game.

Algona

----------

Dear cash customers who are willing to spend money to earn a meaningless ranking,

Send me money and I will declare you whatever rank you want and immortalize you on the intarweb.

Algona

p.s. to the yutz in the other thread who thought he was a genius for doing this, uh, I'll give you 50% extra ranking points. Send cash, small unmarked nonsequential bills. A.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10517

In the context of your example, you still have a Mercedes (a high level GB). You basically skimmed over the part of my post where I said that the point of levelling a GB is for the gameplay-related bonuses it provides. You still have those, GB effects are not being touched, so you're basically complaining that an issue that long needed fixing and was obviously on the table for being fixed, is finally getting fixed. You picked the wrong reason to level your GBs if you were doing it merely for points, and that's pretty much it.
That might be why YOU level a GB.

But..... Many many players dont level GBs for their bonuses......they level them for the points...........and spend money to do that.

The game is played in different ways by different people. The Game makers have ALLOWED players to gain points in this way for a long time....and they took money from people in the form of diamonds for BPs or Shrines in order for them to do so.

Taking away points that players have already 'Paid' for is completely wrong.

DeletedUser10517

Touchdowns used to be 5 points, and baseball had 4 outs per inning.... To make things better, things change. It just happens that that in this game, there is no Off Season in which to make the changes. It seems even most who oppose to the changes do not oppose them on their Merits, but because they have Invested Heavily in the current ranking.

SoK are Prize buildings that are Hard to Come by. They will Still have Great value. So will the GB that have been Built to Towering Levels. The changes Seek only to Make other ways of Scoring relevant again.

Ahh....but, if when those changes were made......previous winners had their scores adjusted, and the rankings in history altered, then there would have been outrage.

The changes in the sports you refer to affected FUTURE scores only.
And great, if Inno want to introduce new ways of scoring points.

But they should not take away points that have been previously earned.

DeletedUser9681

I think I asked that question a while back, about the benefits of Ranking Points. Thanks for the answer. RP somewhat effect neighborhood placement?

So let me see if I got this straight, some people are buying diamonds to level their GBs primarily to get higher Ranking Points? That's all the process was? Cash to Diamonds to GB BPs to Ranking Points?

And Ranking is meaningless in game play.

That's awesome.

----------

Dear INNO:

You are flipping nuts to discourage cash customers from giving you money for something that has no effect whatsoever on the game.

Algona

----------

Dear cash customers who are willing to spend money to earn a meaningless ranking,

Send me money and I will declare you whatever rank you want and immortalize you on the intarweb.

Algona

p.s. to the yutz in the other thread who thought he was a genius for doing this, uh, I'll give you 50% extra ranking points. Send cash, small unmarked nonsequential bills. A.

Lol, you do realize that Mods are FOE players who get diamonds from FOE to keep us appeased and so that FOE's devs do not have to deal directly with the anger created by their choices. Umm, this is not entirely true. Yes, neighborhoods are made up by the tech tree, but do they put the lowest player at that coveted #1 slot, no, they put the highest point player there. When I am close to #1 in the hood, I decide who to attack, according to their rank in the hood. There are also some other benefits, sorry, FOE wants them to have no value, then why do the ranking points exist and why are they changing them, if they are irrelevant, leave them be!!

DeletedUser9681

As I stated below, if they are irrelevant, then why all the hoopla, leave them be, do not change them, they are irrelevant, lol!!! Please make me understand this, you say they do not matter, stick with that, and do not change something that does not matter to you.

Moral: don't play for points, don't play to take advantage of some bug, don't necessarily play according to the way the game developer wants you to.

In short if someone with lower points is able to smack you or with a slight game play change you are being significantly impacted, you probably need to rethink your approach.

Finally if the game developer modifies the game to only suit constant buying to move ahead, its probably time to leave the game. I don't think FOE has come to that. It is still a great game which can be made even better .....

DeletedUser

Moral: don't play for points, don't play to take advantage of some bug, don't necessarily play according to the way the game developer wants you to.

In short if someone with lower points is able to smack you or with a slight game play change you are being significantly impacted, you probably need to rethink your approach.

Finally if the game developer modifies the game to only suit constant buying to move ahead, its probably time to leave the game. I don't think FOE has come to that. It is still a great game which can be made even better .....
I love this post, I hope our "general" sees it and takes it to heart

Resipsa2

Algona; first, Jaelis was answering a direct question directly - the way he usually does... ask him a more detailed question or a broader question, such as what are the benefits of spending diamonds, and he will likely give you a broader answer. Second, most diamond players spend much less money on this game than their kids do on Xbox, PlayStation, etc.. (which at my age makes me much dizzier if i play the same hours, and as to the social media type of player, language, etc... that is typically much different as well). Third, for about the price of bringing the family to see Star Wars (which grossed > $200 million in a week) i get to hit the maps on GVG when they come out... but not without months of saving FP packages and other detailed planning i will not reveal all my secrets (how to be able to fight a new age in less than an hour WITHOUT SPENDING more than one or two thousand diamonds (less than $ 20). Fourth, as to giving to charity instead; of course - giving time and money to help others is always better than being selfish... and i have in many countries, but that also means little if it is without 'love;' and more so out of peer pressure or base sense of moral obligation.

DeletedUser18087

It sounds to me that as a guild leader, goods trader and someone that plays hours a day, under the new system, I'll be labeled as "inactive" and get fewer points. I don't watch the points so much but it's sort of an insult. I'm told that we'll need to use our ghost guild to auto-battle 100 battles most nights and that it won't take long if I just use auto-battle. How is that making me "active"?

I get some GBs give too many points but I don't see how eliminating the supplies and coins from the calculations determines who is active. Building a city, running productions and collecting goods and taxes was part of the game from the beginning and now it doesn't count? I think it's good that goods would count as I don't see how goods are different from coins or supplies but collecting and trading goods doesn't count? Sounds like FoE just wants to make this another shoot-em-up game...need to get an xBox I guess and quit spending money on this game.

I would rather see no ranking at all than this mess but obviously that causes major problems. There are many ways to play this game, which is why I like it but if it's going to become just an auto-battle for the most battles game then I'll be done along with so many others. Maybe that's why I see so much advertising for FoE here lately, Inno knows they need to increase their players before this comes out.

I am very grateful that this was announced before the best presents came out for the Winter Event. I already bought two top diamonds packages when they were last on promo but I won't buy more and waste money buying HoF, SoA, SoK and Wishing Well as so many of us had planned. Thank-you Inno for the advance notice. Last time, I got burned after spending RL dollars the night before my building value for the building I was buying was "adjusted", of course downward, with no notice at all when FoE took my money to buys diamonds for it the night before. A big improvement I guess.

DeletedUser20367

If they want to remove coin & supply points and make it a 'fighters only' ranking that's fine. Just SAY so. This silliness about 'activity' is just that. Who is more active, someone who logs in once a day to collect their 24 hour productions or someone doing 1 hour productions (not to mention 15 minute or 5) all day? The shorter productions produce more coin & supply and (at the moment) more points.

Rankings have never meant that much to me but at least be honest about why you're making a change.

Meat Butcher

I have 120 SoK's, a level 61 Cape, and a level 49 Arc. (70% bonus) Arc is making my city a FP's making machine. I was surprised when INNO first released the Arc. I was like......this is just too good to be true !
I highly recommend when SoK's come up in the Winter Event to try to get as many as possible. Once they introduced the "Aid" button it made having over 100 SoK's truly possible because every day when I wake up, they are all motivated like magic. ;)

DeletedUser18087

I have 120 SoK's, a level 61 Cape, and a level 49 Arc. (70% bonus) Arc is making my city a FP's making machine. I was surprised when INNO first released the Arc. I was like......this is just too good to be true !
I highly recommend when SoK's come up in the Winter Event to try to get as many as possible. Once they introduced the "Aid" button it made having over 100 SoK's truly possible because every day when I wake up, they are all motivated like magic. ;)
I was going to get SoKs during Winter Event but now am not sure how long they will be worth much so I've changed my mind. I'll get what I can get with the stars I win but won't put out real money for something that might be worthless tomorrow.

qaccy

Shrines of Knowledge ain't gonna be changed, people. They already got 'changed' when Inno released the Shrine of Awe. If Inno didn't want people to get more shrines, they'd just stop offering them as prizes - which may possibly have happened with the Hall of Fame, seeing as that hasn't been available to players for nearly a year now (remains to be seen if it will come up as a prize for this winter event).

If Inno has no problem with players having thousands of rogues via mass hideouts and/or a high level Alcatraz, or with having a high level Cape Canaveral, there's no reason why they'd want to touch SoK's.

As for the coin/supply not providing points thing, again, your rank SHOULD be determined by you advancing your city. Having 500 million coins shouldn't be worth anything if all you're doing is collecting it to stare at the number. And this is coming from somebody who's likely to drop a lot when the new ranking system comes out, as I'm not a heavy battler and my GBs are only moderately leveled up. That's because I feel that a shift away from rewarding an 'idle' playstyle (idle in this context meaning not spending resources, merely hoarding them) is a good thing.