• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Ranking Feedback

DeletedUser15735

Why does inno want to encourage even more ghosting? Because that is what is going to happen.

DeletedUser17558

Why does inno want to encourage even more ghosting? Because that is what is going to happen.

Ghosting is not against the rules. Maybe GvG is a major source of diamonds and they want more.

DeletedUser22928

I'm new to the game . I spend Diamonds . joined a great clan . fight in IA for now . just don't get how it's scored . we have more points in GVG than #2 yet are not credited . is that part of this new points system ?

DeletedUser3679

I'm new to the game . I spend Diamonds . joined a great clan . fight in IA for now . just don't get how it's scored . we have more points in GVG than #2 yet are not credited . is that part of this new points system ?

New ranking system is not implemented yet - start date was given as the middle of February.

DeletedUser10517

You need to win and keep land before you will show up on the Iron Age leader board.

DeletedUser8152

It occurred to me that spending goods is probably a lot harder to automate with a bot than collecting coin and supply. I don't know how prevalent bots really are, but working against them is a plus.

DeletedUser9433

It occurred to me that spending goods is probably a lot harder to automate with a bot than collecting coin and supply. I don't know how prevalent bots really are, but working against them is a plus.
Not sure this is any benefit at all but nice try. Automate collection of goods which is what is time consuming then simply manually spend said goods.

DeletedUser8152

Well in the old system you could conceivably cheat with a bot collecting supplies every 5 min to run up your points. I guess a bot to collect goods every 8 hours would give you some advantage, but not nearly so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12868

Ghosting is not against the rules. Maybe GvG is a major source of diamonds and they want more.

You don't need diamonds to ghost. Siege costs is only 5 goods per siege. It's very easy to release and resiege until you've depleted all your Arc, Atomium, and OBS donations for the day. Then you can just cycle out all your damaged unattached units generated from months of collection from your Traz. Effectively saving you from using any diamonds to boost your global ranking and taking all towers.

DeletedUser9433

Well in the old system you could conceivably run a bot collecting supplies every 5 min to run up your points. I guess a bot to collect goods every 8 hours would give you some advantage, but not nearly so much.
Good point, I failed to consider the period between collection times.

DeletedUser17759

My main question is about the neighborhood remixing. Does that depend on points or is it a different structure? Cuz if it depends on points, what I don't like is having to just attack people to get points so that I stay in the relevant hood... and many folks attack almost the entire hood daily...

DeletedUser3679

My main question is about the neighborhood remixing. Does that depend on points or is it a different structure? Cuz if it depends on points, what I don't like is having to just attack people to get points so that I stay in the relevant hood... and many folks attack almost the entire hood daily...

Exact algorithm that shuffles hoods is not known except by the devs (not even sure they know exactly what is going on, lol), but the consensus is that it has something to do with progress thru the research tree. This was stated by one of the lead mods some time ago. Obviously it doesn't work very well.

DeletedUser10517

Well in the old system you could conceivably run a bot collecting supplies every 5 min to run up your points. I guess a bot to collect goods every 8 hours would give you some advantage, but not nearly so much.
But running a Bot is against the T&Cs, is it not?

DeletedUser8152

But running a Bot is against the T&Cs, is it not?
Absolutely. And I think if you did something like collect every 5 minutes 24 h/day, you'd be caught pretty quick. But I'd still guess the new system might help some.

DeletedUser12868

Absolutely. And I think if you did something like collect every 5 minutes 24 h/day, you'd be caught pretty quick. But I'd still guess the new system might help some.
The new system will actually make it harder to catch bots because points from coins/supplies won't change.

DeletedUser17558

You don't need diamonds to ghost. Siege costs is only 5 goods per siege. It's very easy to release and resiege until you've depleted all your Arc, Atomium, and OBS donations for the day. Then you can just cycle out all your damaged unattached units generated from months of collection from your Traz. Effectively saving you from using any diamonds to boost your global ranking and taking all towers.

I didn't say you needed diamonds to ghost, but you can use them to ghost. And other guilds may need to spend diamonds to fend off ghost guilds, therefore it is a source of revenue that Inno would like to encourage.

DeletedUser10517

The reason I ask is because your post..........

"Well in the old system you could conceivably run a bot collecting supplies every 5 min to run up your points. I guess a bot to collect goods every 8 hours would give you some advantage, but not nearly so much"

............it does give the idea that running a Bot is ok. Probably not the best thing to say as a Moderator.