• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Ranking Feedback

DeletedUser6163

Feedback for Inno : The broken ranking system going on for a year after great buildings were uncapped, was excessive and has led to frustration for the majority of your player base. Those that knew it needed to be fixed have been frustrated for over a year, and those who will affected most by the points exploit are frustrated now because they feel they have been misled on their journey to build points. Both views are right. Exponential points from great building levels went on too long!! A change was needed, but a change of this magnitude should have been addressed sooner so as too decrease how much it affects the player base.

I agree with other players that coin/supply harvests should continue to count with the ranking, but I'm not going to quit the game if they don't. I enjoy playing the game so regardless of my ranking I still enjoy the fundamental aspects and will continue to spend money when I feel my own entertainment and enjoyment is enhanced.

Someone suggested something interesting, to count coin and supplies SPENT in the game toward ranking. I think this would be an interesting addition as it would factor in goods we make ourselves, what a great suggestion! Even better for farmers. I've always been someone who is both farmer and fighter so I think the change will positively affect my ranking, but again it doesn't affect whether or not I play.

DeletedUser6815

Good job for another change, FoE! This is much more balanced. The emphasis on battle points and guild levels is great! More confirmation of the way I view and play this game: It's all about war, fighting and plundering. Build to make war! Thank you!

DeletedUser9404

Always a bait and switch with FOE. Its really not worth buying diamonds, since we are only helping players who don't spend a dime. They are always whining about something, and FOE is always trying to accommodate. They forget about their paying customers. Most members don't spend anytime investing in their GB, and always begging for something.

DeletedUser13452

I am concerned with the effect this system might have on trading goods in the game. With higher age goods earning more points when spent than lower age goods, it seems to me that ppl are going to want to take this into account and consider higher age goods worth more than just the cost of production. I would rather see the 'collection' of goods be the basis for points awarded. It also seems to me that coin and supply collection ought to probably be worth points, but I'm not adamant about it.

DeletedUser8620

Is there a list of specific changes that will occur? sorry I am a bit new to the forums and was interested in reading what changes would be taking place and when.. Thanks

DeletedUser9681

Hi, thanks for letting us know this. I realize there is an inequity here, and it must be fixed, but I do not understand why it must be retroactive. People played the game according to the rules set out by FOE, and even spent money on diamonds to accomplish this, and now, even though they did nothing wrong, they will lose millions of points. This is a mistake FOE made, why should the active, diamond buying cities, have to give up points to pay for it. This problem with the GBs should be addressed, but not retroactively.

This is how I see it, people played by the rules and will be penalized for it, people whined that it was not right to FOE (these people had just as much opportunity to follow the rules and make millions of points, so if the rules applied to all, how can they be unfair), and FOE has changed things for the people that complained. I have learned that fair play and time in game are irrelevant, just send lots of complaints to FOE. I learn fast and if this is what FOE wants, this is what I will do, and I will ask my guild to do. Expect a lot of tickets in the future, about everything that we currently ignore, the lag, the silly shield I watch on my screen and yes, the mail system.

I know this is an attempt to get the bigger players more involved in GvG, but, GvG is not fun. It is not fun for anyone but the top 5 or maybe top 10 guilds. Go to the map summary on any world, and highlight it to see the top 3 on the era map, you will see the same 5 guilds on all the era maps top spots. I have a lot of big players in my guild and I am being told if this happens, they are done with FOE. They have worked hard for their points, they do not wish to give them up, and neither do I. We follow all the rules, for what, a statue that will sit in inventory, because no good player would waste squares with no payback. I am sure we should have left when FOE did the same thing with the value that our fighting GBs give. They lowered a level 10 CdM from 50% defense to 30% defense. FOE stole from the players then and they are doing it again now.

There is no need for a mod to reply, except to the question below. Nothing FOE tells you to say in this situation will work, I did not believe the last time FOE stole from the big players and will not now.

Now as to the points change. One question:

How exactly will the ranking change?

On 18th of February, 2016, the points formulas will be adjusted and the ranking will be recalculated. From that point on, it will base on 3 parts:

• Battle points. This is the same as in the current setup. All the battle points (from all battles you fight) will count towards the ranking, just like they do now (and with the same value). Also all the current ranking points that come from your battles will be kept.
  • Goods spent. Whenever a good is spent, its point value will be added to the ranking (research tree, Great Buildings, sector negotiation and so on). The only exception is trading - goods spent there will not be counted towards the ranking (to avoid possible abuses). The goods values differ depending on their age (the higher the age, the higher the value). Points for all the goods spent until now will be retroactively added to the ranking.
  • Buildings points. All the buildings in the game will have a points value calculated basing on their size, era and type (event and premium buildings are a bit more valuable than other, standard buildings).
The first part that I italicized, says the new point system will go from 2/18/16 forward. The underlined portion says all points spent in prior play will be added to the current score. My question is, will points gained in the past from collecting goods (which I think is the best and only way activity should be monitored), be removed from a players score? Is this also retroactive?

This system is pretty unfair to the bigger players. We have no tech tree, no map and that leaves beating up the hood or GvG. Well, I do not enjoy GvG, and this is a game, and is supposed to be fun. So, from here out, there is nothing to do but collect, (which you get no points from), fight in the hood and dump goods, that I worked and paid for, into a worthless pit, where they will never be used. I see no feeling of accomplishment here, and I can see I will stop playing soon after. *sigh*. There was no more to do, except gain points and you are making that more boring and almost impossible to accomplish. Sorry, I am voting no to this change, but then, well. lets give you a chance to listen to the people and not do this. I saw the answers on other servers, ie: en, etc, and they did not like this either.

DeletedUser8152

When the new system is implemented, it will be entirely retroactive. The game has kept track of all your battle points earned and goods spent, and obviously it can calculate your building points any time. So after the change your ranking will be based just on those three things.

Do note that you can still put FPs into great buildings, and they will advance your ranking score. Just not as much as they do now.

DeletedUser8620

I would not consider myself a High ranking player, But I am in the top 20 on my world & I think GBS are for necessity of increasing the significance of it's use rather than player points alone. what is the use of having them if they are not being used practically..
Thanks for the link where I could read more information on it..

DeletedUser10131

This comes down to the people that won't buy diamonds. They complain they can't compete and only gain points from attacking their neighbors. Inno has decided those that play free should dictate to those that buy diamonds.

STOP buying diamonds. I will no longer spend any money on a game they decide to change the rules. What comes next? You know the SOK will be the next rebalance. It's already been said that having so many SOK wasn't intended. Free to Play for the Win

qaccy

This comes down to the people that won't buy diamonds. They complain they can't compete and only gain points from attacking their neighbors. Inno has decided those that play free should dictate to those that buy diamonds.

STOP buying diamonds. I will no longer spend any money on a game they decide to change the rules. What comes next? You know the SOK will be the next rebalance. It's already been said that having so many SOK wasn't intended. Free to Play for the Win

Just because you were ranking GBs for the wrong reason (a reason that, again, was acknowledged as needing a fix a long time ago and unfortunately just took a while to implement) is no cause to throw a tantrum. Instead, be happy that you have a high level GB (or more than one?) and use those bonuses to your advantage in other areas of the game. For instance, even if it gave no points at all (GBs will still give points every level, keep that in mind), a level 50 Alcatraz is still a huge boon of troops compared to a level 10. And the same reasoning can be applied to any other GB with a worthwhile bonus.

DeletedUser9681

When the new system is implemented, it will be entirely retroactive. The game has kept track of all your battle points earned and goods spent, and obviously it can calculate your building points any time. So after the change your ranking will be based just on those three things.

Do note that you can still put FPs into great buildings, and they will advance your ranking score. Just not as much as they do now.

This upsets me even more than the GB inequity fix. I spent a lot of time on my new cities, I built them quicker than most, because I spent time, because I did 5 min productions to move my city ahead faster than most. Now, you are going to take those points away?? What shows more activity than what I just described. I am a guild leader, most of the goods I produce go to my guild, in trades. A lot is given to them, to help them move forward. This is what I think a good guild leader should do. FOE is now saying, now, after me doing this for 3 year, and I cannot go back and change what I did, now FOE is saying I will get less points, because I am not active???

I challenge anyone in FOE to describe a condition where more activity is spent. In between I did kick butt in my hood and I love to find active sieges to beat on, but the bulk of my points came from me being here. I really challenge you to describe how this new system will show activity better??? I spent a lot of money on diamonds, because like most with big cities, I wanted more SOKs. Now that I have spent years of cash on playing by the rules you are going to take the points I earned following your rules, away?? How can FOE justify this to themselves?? Don't try to justify it to me, I will never believe it, but show me as I asked above, how your new rules show more activity.

DO NOT DO THIS, IT IS WRONG, AND IT IS UNFAIR. IT IS THEFT. You took my money under false pretenses. I wonder what the law says about that??? Anyone a lawyer??

DeletedUser10131

Just because you were ranking GBs for the wrong reason (a reason that, again, was acknowledged as needing a fix a long time ago and unfortunately just took a while to implement) is no cause to throw a tantrum. Instead, be happy that you have a high level GB (or more than one?) and use those bonuses to your advantage in other areas of the game. For instance, even if it gave no points at all (GBs will still give points every level, keep that in mind), a level 50 Alcatraz is still a huge boon of troops compared to a level 10. And the same reasoning can be applied to any other GB with a worthwhile bonus.

It's not a tantrum. If you buy a Mercedes then find out you have a Volkswagen you realize you spent money expecting one and received another. I'm just glad this came out before buying more diamonds. I currently have over 60 SOK and was playing to buy another 20 when they were available. At 2000 diamonds each thats 40,000 diamonds and approximately $320 dollars. That is a huge investment to risk them being nerfed in the coming future. That is the reality this GB change shows. I don't have any where near the diamonds invested in my GB so that isn't a big deal to me. A worthless decoration is nothing more than a great big F you. If your not spending money then of course this means nothing to you. I'm looking at mitigating future loses

qaccy

It's not a tantrum. If you buy a Mercedes then find out you have a Volkswagen you realize you spent money expecting one and received another. I'm just glad this came out before buying more diamonds. I currently have over 60 SOK and was playing to buy another 20 when they were available. At 2000 diamonds each thats 40,000 diamonds and approximately $320 dollars. That is a huge investment to risk them being nerfed in the coming future. That is the reality this GB change shows. I don't have any where near the diamonds invested in my GB so that isn't a big deal to me. A worthless decoration is nothing more than a great big F you. If your not spending money then of course this means nothing to you. I'm looking at mitigating future loses

In the context of your example, you still have a Mercedes (a high level GB). You basically skimmed over the part of my post where I said that the point of levelling a GB is for the gameplay-related bonuses it provides. You still have those, GB effects are not being touched, so you're basically complaining that an issue that long needed fixing and was obviously on the table for being fixed, is finally getting fixed. You picked the wrong reason to level your GBs if you were doing it merely for points, and that's pretty much it.

DeletedUser8620

I think in essence, any rule that does change and applies to all as a whole, is not necessarily as bad as it would be if it merely favored the few or the most. As in the change of the attack/defense % of CDM, CoA & Zeus. By it applying to all as a whole instead of just a select few, I felt it was fair in essence for the only thing that really changed was just a number & not how it was effective on an overall basis, because it changed for everyone, thus balancing it to all..

DeletedUser1679

Touchdowns used to be 5 points, and baseball had 4 outs per inning.... To make things better, things change. It just happens that that in this game, there is no Off Season in which to make the changes. It seems even most who oppose to the changes do not oppose them on their Merits, but because they have Invested Heavily in the current ranking.

SoK are Prize buildings that are Hard to Come by. They will Still have Great value. So will the GB that have been Built to Towering Levels. The changes Seek only to Make other ways of Scoring relevant again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7289

clusseau has the right perspective. And Shaker, as I'm in your hood on a world and friendly with you, I'm sure you'll still have a massive number of points. The mere fact that you were considering spending $320 on SoK's tells me that you live a life of privelage that I will never know. I can't even afford to donate a half of that to my local homeless shelter for the Winter (which I'd do long before I ever would buy diamonds).
It's a game; you can play to have the "top score" or you can play to enjoy the game.

DeletedUser14197

I have played this game awhile. In my main city I am tomorrow age. I have never yet understood what the points are all about. I have asked in chat before and never gotten an answer that showed they were worth going after. So could someone explain to me, what good it is to get points. It is obviously a big deal for a lot of players. Why should it matter to me how many points I have? What advantage will I have for having a lot of them? Or is it a competition thing, like I have more points than someone else, like maybe similar to winning a race?