• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Next steps with Mobile Video Ads (Feedback thread)

Johnny B. Goode

You need to click on the Carriage by the castle.
View attachment 19800
You will get this.
View attachment 19802
Yeah, that's what I was going to say, but then I tried it and it doesn't show up when you click on "Get it here".

EDIT: Okay, this is weird. I tried it on PC and it doesn't show up in the shop even when I click on the Carriage. However, opening the same world on mobile and clicking on the Carriage and it shows up in the shop there. Interesting.

Last edited:

SlackerJoe

Seriously, who is the genius for these video ads? If you decide to leave them, you better offer an abort button. I can’t stand seeing them all the time and for now, I’m ignoring them. Guess the old saying is true, “All good things must end”.
One final thought. I have never spent so much on a game as I have on this one, so know this…My actual thoughts are full of words that I cannot post here, but if you can imagine them, then be assured that I’ve used them in response to this BS

Bera the Brave

"Video Ads Optional Opt In/Out button." I would like to see Forge have one of those buttons you can opt in or out. With added FP awards added to it. I wouldn't mind watching adds for additional fp's. Allow it to be optional. Then you satisfy pretty much anyone. "Do Not make it mandatory. " Farmville via Zynga games had an option to watch them or not. I remember earning a lot of fp's (farm money) for those rewards.
This doesn't have to be difficult. I bet you try that for your tests? You will see much happier players. I do participate in the Forge Plus packages. I would still like to watch adds for additional FP's. I would like it to be my choice though. No incidents involved! Thanks for reading this.
I could get behind this. Even would support what other apps have done, pay (average between $1.99 and $9.99) to disable ads completely. But, $30, not even for a month, for some very lacking things (not even diamonds?!?) is some absolute bull**** I will never support. They've lost me and my money completely if this continues.

Ruhar the Great

This will be the death of this game. I have played this game for several years and enjoyed the game. There were no ads to deal with like the games that are time wasters. Games like this have never had ads. They got their money from players purchasing items and packs. Either the company has gotten greedy and wants more money from the ads revenue or the revenue has declined and their desperately trying to find ways to get more revenue. Forcing ads on the players is not the way to go. And neither is the constant barrage of buy Buy BUY that some games do. The way to get more money and more players is to keep improving the game. I thought that’s what was being done. But now, I realize you were laying the ground work to throw ads at us. Like what everyone else has said on this thread, this will limit my time on the game and will cause me to eventually quit. I may not have spent a lot of money on this game, but I’ve spent some. I won’t be spending anymore money if the ads are kept. I really don’t expect the company to pay attention to the disgruntled players who are opposed to the ads so I will eventually quit the game.

KitKit035

Update on my earlier post:

I have tried watching the ads to get the bonus incidents, but it is not working as it should. I waste the time to see the ad, 30secs, only for the game to hang up and then no reward is given because I have to restart the game. Totally worthless, even more so now.

I have now also installed a home network filter, adguard and alternate-dns, to prevent ads since they do not work. Thank you for that suggestion @Zoe 807 the Wise

Cyrus the Adequate

Cross-posting from another thread, as it probably needs to be here:

As @RazorbackPirate stated, there is currently no threshold of Diamond purchases that will prevent ads on mobile.
That's a deal-killer that would have me leaving the game immediately. I've stopped using the mobile app already; if this spreads to the browser I will be gone, and I suspect many others will be, as well.

Anyone/everyone who has spent real money on this game is going to expect an ad-free experience. Someone spends $100 on diamonds and they still get treated like a freeloader? Wrong answer.

Last edited:

Brochs

A few thoughts on a Pay to Play version, which I think could be a world beating game.

No diamonds.
No GBs beyond your current age.
No trading for goods beyond your current age.
No advancing the Continent Map beyond your current age.
Plundering is a tech you unlock in HMA.
Everyone in the Hood is your own age.
All the guilds in GE are the same level as your own guild.
Once an event is past you cannot get the special reward buildings again, only upgrades for those who didn't complete them but who have the base unit.
No AD.
NO ADS

Your money comes from retired elderly folks with nothing to do all day and tons of money to spare, not a bunch of loud mouthed brats in forums who think they know everything. Design gameplay accordingly.

For me its simple ,,I will not open the ads ,,and as long as they clutter my city ,,I will not spend any.money on the game ,,INNO can't have.it both ways ,,do you want my cash ,,or do you want me to watch ads ,,this is not a game changer ,,its a game ender for me ,,,after six and a half years and all the money I have spent on this game ,,putting all that clutter in my cities ,,and PC players get the rewards without ads ,,is ridiculous and insulting
Pc owners just don’t get the ads, but do they get trunks? I don’t know. All my trunks have ads on them now and these video Clíos are everywhere. Otherwise, I agree with you. Had I not just spent $80 i Would not be inclined to wait and see how long it takes Inno to remove ads, to boot, for five year old gameplay. What a mistake!

A few thoughts on a Pay to Play version, which I think could be a world beating game.

No diamonds.
No GBs beyond your current age.
No trading for goods beyond your current age.
No advancing the Continent Map beyond your current age.
Plundering is a tech you unlock in HMA.
Everyone in the Hood is your own age.
All the guilds in GE are the same level as your own guild.
Once an event is past you cannot get the special reward buildings again, only upgrades for those who didn't complete them but who have the base unit.
No AD.
NO ADS

Your money comes from retired elderly folks with nothing to do all day and tons of money to spare, not a bunch of loud mouthed brats in forums who think they know everything. Design gameplay accordingly.
I’m not retired, but I play on my iPad alot In spare time intervals. Almost everything else I agree with but I use my Truce for upper level goods. I dont need to trade. I’ve got a very high CF. It’s a real necessity

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
Yeah, that's what I was going to say, but then I tried it and it doesn't show up when you click on "Get it here".

EDIT: Okay, this is weird. I tried it on PC and it doesn't show up in the shop even when I click on the Carriage. However, opening the same world on mobile and clicking on the Carriage and it shows up in the shop there. Interesting.
Please contact support - there may be an issue we need to look in to

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
Please remember folks that this is as we mentioned before a test and part of the purpose of the test is also to gather feedback, which is why we announced it. If you keep your feedback honest, polite and on point we will absolutely be passing it on to the relevant teams. Your voice will absolutely be heard. Thank you to everyone who has provided their thoughts.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I quit FoE back in June after many years of playing, after support refused to tell me the price threshold to remove the ads (I'd spent many hundred dollars) in clear violation of FTC regulations. That blatant refusal to disclose the cash cost for a feature was the last straw for me.

The removal of that threshold was probably a good idea, though tying it to FoE+ still won't make FoE+ worth it's cost, nor will the building or castle collection bonus'. Having added ads smells of a dying game to everyone I've talked to about it, and for me in fact killed it.

Inno needs to get rid of the ads and use their imagination to come up with better incentives that are actually an incentive not a punishment. Even making FoE+ a reasonable price instead of an obvious rip off would be a great first step.

Does anyone really care that construction times will be cut by 10%? Or that you will be able to complete the current Castle levels in 8 years instead of 17? I really doubt it.

Anyways, I donated all my fp and goods to my guild/guildmates and deleted most of my cities. I won't ever play FoE again, or any other Inno product.

Best of luck to those of you who remain.

Last edited:
Please remember folks that this is as we mentioned before a test and part of the purpose of the test is also to gather feedback, which is why we announced it. If you keep your feedback honest, polite and on point we will absolutely be passing it on to the relevant teams. Your voice will absolutely be heard. Thank you to everyone who has provided their thoughts.
This is why every other game has test servers... where they keep the testing isolated and not roll out badly programmed features into live servers for everyone to stew in. Are you trying to anger your player community? Are you trying to make people intentionally quit?

Why not have some professionalism in how you "better" a game. This "test" was a terrible representation of how the game creators&developers are trying to better the game. USE A TEST SERVER FOR TESTS.

I will not sit there and watch a stupid AD while I'm fighting in GVG or GBG, it's petty and an embarrassment of my time. I play forge of empires to have fun not to be hassled by a greedy corporation and advertisements every 2 seconds. Many developers try to change the game for the "Best" but actually always end up screwing up and ruining the game, I've seen many games go down, and this BY FAR will be the most hilarious and saddest one to watch. Make some updates the players want and not just YOU want, and actually care for your players instead of just the money you make off of them. I will not pay a monthly fee to this game and I will absolutely not watch an AD. I already spent thousands of dollars.

If you want to make more sales and boost your profitability, Fire the non intelligent people who decided this would improve FOE. Because clearly they don't understand how this works, or how to do their job. They clearly don't understand what truly irritates people.... ADS DO... YOU DONT MAKE MONEY OFF OF INSULTING YOUR PLAYERBASE. You make money when you create innovative content or make changes that improve gameplay. Having the option to not watch a 60 second AD that... WAS NOT THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE..... IS NOT A PLUS