• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

No Human Player Attacks

DeletedUser

Im in the LMA and honestly have only been plundered once or twice. Once I figured out that I could have a defense army, I haven't been bothered at all. Mostly I only attack cities if I need to for a quest, I am always surprised by the number of people in my neighborhood, put up no defense at all. I leave most cities alone if I see they have a number of military buildings, it's not worth the risk, especially usually most of what I see to plunder is just coins and supplies.
Maybe I'm missing something, I see stuff about people discussing techniques for plundering and others worried about it so much they won't play. Is there something more to plundering?
Techniques for plundering usually consist of "stalking" a city, waiting for productions to be done since you have 24 hours to plunder after a successful attack. The ones that worry too much about it either got in a hood with a bunch of plunderers, or they are just worry warts. :D

Mustapha00

And there's the greatest problem. The more players without a defence the more it weakens the entire neighbourhood not just the individual

70 neighbours VS 1 plunderer. Sure, the attacker has such an overwhelming advantage to begin with :p oh wait.... the neighbours don't put up a defence ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's a shame neighbours don't use their greatest weapon pre-city breech. On a 1v1 basis it's true the attacker has the advantage. But if everyone had a proper defence regardless of boosts present it'd turn the tables on the attacker far more then simply giving defence another GB

I completely agree on your first point. If a player indicates, by putting up only a two Spearfighter defense, that they don;t care enough about their productions to make even the least effort to guard them, well they must not care about those productions very much, and I'm only too happy to give them a new home.

On your second point, though, I have to just as completely disagree; expecting your military to defend against a well-prepared attacker is utterly useless. As stated above, I have an over 500% defense with the best troops my Age has to offer and a player with 'only' a 425% offensive boost but with units one Age advanced defeats me every single time, often taking only a minute handful of points of damage. Yes, they use the "1+7" attack scheme, but I think it more than reasonable that I should do more than 5 points total damage to their force, though I've come to realize that is mainly because there are so few ways to boost the offensive capability of defending troops.

Just in case Algona reads this, I want to be clear that I am NOT advocating ignoring your defense and going with the default. What I am saying is that your expectations that you can mount an effective military defense of your city should be seriously tempered.

Agent327

I don't have a TA yet, but doesn't that boost the attacking player's offense as well?

Isn't it great? Two for the price of one.

On your second point, though, I have to just as completely disagree; expecting your military to defend against a well-prepared attacker is utterly useless. As stated above, I have an over 500% defense with the best troops my Age has to offer and a player with 'only' a 425% offensive boost but with units one Age advanced defeats me every single time, often taking only a minute handful of points of damage. Yes, they use the "1+7" attack scheme, but I think it more than reasonable that I should do more than 5 points total damage to their force, though I've come to realize that is mainly because there are so few ways to boost the offensive capability of defending troops.

That's most likely cause you have no attack boost in your defense. That 425% attacker has both.

Calcoa

I know plunderers disagree, but I still want an equivalent to Kraken for city defense. Either that or remove Kraken's ability for PVP, and keep it for GE/GVG/etc. I don't care about the claim, it is a waste of space (I would build a GB that kills an attacking unit against my city like the Kraken even if it was ridiculous size). Even if I lost every single defensive battle, killing attacking units is the next best thing. If it such an issue to protect plunderers, fine give them a warning first, attack at your own risk because one of your units may die to said GB...not that they need it!

RazorbackPirate

Most players who attack in PvP don't care about lost units. With a high level Traz, which most have, they're easily replaceable and are considered a disposable item. Plenty more where they came from.

Emberguard

I know plunderers disagree, but I still want an equivalent to Kraken for city defense. Either that or remove Kraken's ability for PVP, and keep it for GE/GVG/etc. I don't care about the claim, it is a waste of space (I would build a GB that kills an attacking unit against my city like the Kraken even if it was ridiculous size).
I’m not so sure plunderers would disagree. The issue Virgo had was it could wipe out half the field with no counter. A defending Kraken would already have a counter in place.

only thing is any new defending GBs I’d like to see added to previous ages to keep it in line with costs for attacking GBs

Algona

Even if I lost every single defensive battle, killing attacking units is the next best thing.

I'm all for folk putting all the effort and getting all the defensive structures they want. A defensive Kraken? Great idea!

I've got 6000+ Rogues,18K troops total. Killing one troop won't keep me from attacking again tomorrow.

Maybe the defences will be so good I can't win? I'm fine with that! I'll keep lvling my combat GBs and acquiring more attack SBs because I use the attack capability in GE, GvG, GBG, PvP, DCs.Events. CMap.. Hopefully the defender is gonna keep getting more defences and use them for stopping me from winning.

Putting all that effort into defence means taking effort away from enhancing offense. In your case you've got got Deal and SBC, but no Kraken or AO. No TA? How much city space are you suing for defensive SBs?

Biggest problems with building defensive structures? Defence may protect a few Resources (none if you are on the ball) while simultaneously subtracting from city advancement. Offence wins fabulous treasures and accelerates city advancement.

Yeah, I'm all for INNO giving folk ever more defensive structures.

Last edited:

Mustapha00

The issue remains that boosting your Defending Army's DEF is, as the game currently stands, a complete and utter waste of time, energy, space and expectations.

I thought that maybe, just maybe, Inno had seen the light when they introduced Tactician's Towers. As Agent 327 points out, it isn't really your DEF boost to your Defending Army that is the problem so much as it is the lack of OFF boost to your Defending Army. If you have +550% to DEF and +13% to ATT on your DA, you're going to lose...and lose horribly. TT's were a teeny-weensy step in the right direction.

Annnd then came a plethora of Event Buildings that even further boosted ATT for Attacking Armies, so the "light" was faint at best.

Bottom line: it is far, far easier to amass a boost to Offense that makes a difference than it is to raise a meaningful Defense. And that's still a shame.

wiserpenny

p in the top part of the hood and generally get left alone.
This is it here. If you are in the top 10 in your neighborhood, most people won't bother to touch you. I'm top 3 in one of mine right now and I never bother the other top 10 players. It isn't worth it 99% of the time. Most have defenses up and collect their stuff. So I have to fight through a defense for... nothing. Bottom 2/3rds is fair game because they so often shouldn't even be there. They rushed to get to an age (Colonial age in this example) and they didn't develop their city along the way. All of their great buildings are very low levels.

Game of patients. If you take your time and spend some time building up your city, YOU can be the bully if you want! ;)