on mobile can you use this forum?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Norman Da Gear, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Norman Da Gear

Norman Da Gear New Member

can you?
    and is there a way on mobile to put troops in city defense?

how can a get notifications of these discussions?
    can never find my way back

2. BruteForceAttack

BruteForceAttack Well-Known Member

There is no app for the forum, but you can just use your browser and view the forums. You can explicitly watch a thread (top right) and opt for email and/or infourm notifications.

Oswyn the kind and Clara Osgood like this.
  3. 22prentwil

22prentwil Well-Known Member

Yes you can, I’m on mobile right now. Just open Chrome or Safari (or whatever browser you have) and go to the forum. You will have to log in if you haven’t done this before.

Yes of course there is. Go to army management, click on the unit you want in your defense, and select the blue button that puts it into your defense army:
    upload_2019-7-31_17-29-57.jpeg

You cannot, to my knowledge, get push notifications on your phone from the forum. But whenever someone likes or replies to your forum posts, mentions you in a post, or starts following you, you receive a notification on the forum (a red exclamation mark by the bell symbol on the bottom right). Simply click this, and you can visit the thread or profile involved.

This is where the bell is located:
    upload_2019-7-31_17-37-18.jpeg

4. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

On mobile you can access this Forum directly from the game. Just tap Settings and scroll down. You will see the option to "Open the Forum in your browser".
    It works best if you have checked the box on the Forum login to remember you, so you don't have to sign in each time.

At the bottom of the screen on the Forum in your mobile browser is a bell icon. That is where you will see notifications on any thread that you're watching, which includes the ones that you've posted in.

Norman Da Gear likes this.
  5. Norman Da Gear

6. Norman Da Gear

Thank very much. Ive been playing for minths and havent seen that defense button on mobile. Ill look again. been using my laptop for that, lol.
    ive finally found the notifications bell on the laptop which is going to make using the forum better.

Im a old guy who these things weren't learned second nature .

My first word processor as a journalism student was in college and took up a small room. just to do what Word does,lol.

thanks aain. oh, can a player set a second wave army? cause idont know how.

7. UBERhelp1

UBERhelp1 Well-Known Member

Nope. Only single-wave armies can ever be set by the players.

8. Oswyn the kind

Oswyn the kind Active Member

Im using the foe app on my tablet now. Its a thing of beauty..99% mobile, 1% pc usage. But mobile has its limitations. even with this device with 2 gigs of RAM:p

9. Lancer

Lancer Forum Moderator

I am only on mobile devices and I have many websites, such as this one, bookmarked as to have it saved along with my username and password. So I just open my list of bookmarked sites and select the one I want and select the option to log in. I almost never have to put in any information. Sometimes though, I have to use an Authenticator App if perhaps the site recognizes me trying to sign in from an unfamiliar connection.

10. Oswyn the kind

Oswyn the kind Active Member

I use lastpass, it fills me in...on most of my browsers

Lancer and bruadhin like this.
  11. bruadhin

bruadhin Member

+1 for LastPass, it will change your life. You can even install the app on your phone. All you have to remember is your LastPass password. Every site can have a unique and strong password and change it as often as you want.

Lancer likes this.
  12. Stephen Longshanks

That's great...until LastPass gets hacked. My passwords are on a piece of paper in my home.

bruadhin and Lancer like this.
  13. Lancer

Lancer Forum Moderator

Haha, @Stephen Longshanks I too have a piece of paper folded up in my wallet and also a page in an "important information notebook" that I have at home. I started it probably almost 15 years ago now and I live by it.

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  14. Lancer

Lancer Forum Moderator

Thanks for the info. I'll have to look into this app, I've never used it or anything like it.

15. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

Me neither. I usually memorize all my passwords for everything (FoE, FoE Forum, e-mail, school e-mail, Apple ID)...

Here I would just like to take the time to say to use different passwords for everything (security reasons).

Lancer likes this.
  16. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the question, "How much is a bitcoin is worth when there's no power?"

17. bruadhin

bruadhin Member

Anything is possible, although LastPass handled it very well when it did happen. I just had to change my Master Password. Also they say they don't actually know your password.

My password security greatly increased once I started using it.

18. Stephen Longshanks

If they don't know your passwords, how can they be used for them? That makes zero sense.

19. dontwannaname

dontwannaname Well-Known Member

It's called a hash algorithm. Your password is converted to a hash by the app. Only the hash is stored.

20. bruadhin

bruadhin Member

Cryptology was never my thing, but they do offer an explanation on their website. I recall the breach a few years ago. All anyone had to do was change their master password and that was it. Their security check will even alert you to sites that have been compromised so you can update that password.