• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Onerous OF Quest

DeletedUser33036

If you can believe it there is a quest asking for 10 crayfish productions, which is 10 24 productions from one specific type of production building. It is a story quest so it can not be abandoned. Really guys? Imagine if someone had all event production buildings and had to remove one just to build a worse production option. Luckily I had one of the shellfish farms, but I hope they do not make such specific story quests again. What do you all think?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33036

That quest is in no way unreasonable.
The quest is unique in that it requires production from one specific. Other quests in the past have required 24 productions from any production building or have been skipable side quests. This is the first quest that is neither. Such a quest could even punish someone with a very advanced citu, but mainly it is just slow.

Algona

The quest is unique in that it requires production from one specific. Other quests in the past have required 24 productions from any production building or have been skipable side quests. This is the first quest that is neither. Such a quest could even punish someone with a very advanced citu, but mainly it is just slow.

Its your opinion and there;s no arguing with it. But I do think it;s a rare opinion. You've been here a year, ever seen anyone else complain about this quest? First timeI;ve seen it here, never seen it in game.

"Such a quest could even punish someone with a very advanced citu"

Please. If It's an advanced city, it's either gonna have store buildings or excess copies of Special Buildings. Tear down a couple TFs or store some of the unique Event Prizes, finish the quest then pop in a couple more TFs or whatever from Inventory.

My opinion, if a city has troubles with this Quest, I don't think it can be called advanced.

Emberguard

If you can believe it there is a quest asking for 10 crayfish productions, which is 10 24 productions from one specific type of production building. It is a story quest so it can not be abandoned. Really guys? Imagine if someone had all event production buildings and had to remove one just to build a worse production option. Luckily I had one of the shellfish farms, but I hope they do not make such specific story quests again. What do you all think?

That specificness is there from Bronze Age up. In Industrial I had to build gunsmiths or abort a quest

The fact it's story instead of side isn't a big deal

EnamIccug

If the quest bothers you so much, feel better knowing that there's at least one more of the same kind (Produce 10 luxury yachts) further along in the story line.

Agent327

Other quests in the past are no guarantee for quests in the future. You will get more of these.

Very advanced cities are a choice, no a must.

DeletedUser33036

Its your opinion and there;s no arguing with it. But I do think it;s a rare opinion. You've been here a year, ever seen anyone else complain about this quest? First timeI;ve seen it here, never seen it in game.

"Such a quest could even punish someone with a very advanced citu"

Please. If It's an advanced city, it's either gonna have store buildings or excess copies of Special Buildings. Tear down a couple TFs or store some of the unique Event Prizes, finish the quest then pop in a couple more TFs or whatever from Inventory.

My opinion, if a city has troubles with this Quest, I don't think it can be called advanced.
Yes you can store a building, but at that point the quest is essentially rewarding you for having a less efficient city. The quest is by no means impossible, just onerous.

Graviton

I don't think "onerous" is the right word, as it's not difficult nor oppressive. And it's not rewarding you for having a less efficient city, it's rewarding you for completing a task, just like all the rest of the quests. I'd say it's a minor and very easily cured pain.

Mustapha00

I want to say that there is a Story Line quest in maybe the middle portion of the game that requires you to unlock a Technology that is nearly at the end of that particular Age. I'm not a fan of anything that forces you to play the game in a certain way, such as speeding through an Age to complete a quest when you'd prefer to hang out for a (possibly long) while, or a quest in an Event that would force you to Age up or advance more quickly on the Continent Map than you want to. I've missed out on some pretty good prizes because I didn't want to advance as quickly as Inno wanted me to- and that was >MY< choice, although one could wish that AInno wouldn't force you into such a decision.

Algona

Yes you can store a building, but at that point the quest is essentially rewarding you for having a less efficient city. The quest is by no means impossible, just onerous.

Yes, your city is less efficient for a few days. Tell me how this impacts your game state advancement quantitatively? You lose 2 TFs, 10 FP per day for 6 fays. 120 FP.

How many FP will you spend in six days? Thousands, tens of thousands? On that scale is 120 FP even significant?

How did you get those Special Buildings you;re gonna store? By doing Event Quests, and DCs, and GE that quite often have Quests or tasks that make your city... wait for it... less efficient.

Doing something less productive or efficient now to gain more production or efficiency later is a defining characteristic of this game.

'Onerous'. Eye of the beholder. If everything were to our liking this would be be less game and more mental happy fun joy therapy.

Nothing wrong with not liking an aspect of the game, but publicly railing against such doesn't do much good. Unless you enjoy people disagreeing with you?

DeletedUser33036

Yes, your city is less efficient for a few days. Tell me how this impacts your game state advancement quantitatively? You lose 2 TFs, 10 FP per day for 6 fays. 120 FP.

How many FP will you spend in six days? Thousands, tens of thousands? On that scale is 120 FP even significant?

How did you get those Special Buildings you;re gonna store? By doing Event Quests, and DCs, and GE that quite often have Quests or tasks that make your city... wait for it... less efficient.

Doing something less productive or efficient now to gain more production or efficiency later is a defining characteristic of this game.

'Onerous'. Eye of the beholder. If everything were to our liking this would be be less game and more mental happy fun joy therapy.

Nothing wrong with not liking an aspect of the game, but publicly railing against such doesn't do much good. Unless you enjoy people disagreeing with you?
I disagree, most event quests have you do something you were likely to do anyway. Here is a quest to do something that many would never do. To be clear, I am not asking for it to be changed, but there is a definite change in the type of story quests provided in OF than those found in earlier ages. For instance there is also a quest in OF there requires to take 5 proviences only by negoiation, which is also different from previous quests that simply required to take proviences by any means.

DeletedUser33179

I disagree, most event quests have you do something you were likely to do anyway. Here is a quest to do something that many would never do. To be clear, I am not asking for it to be changed, but there is a definite change in the type of story quests provided in OF than those found in earlier ages. For instance there is also a quest in OF there requires to take 5 proviences only by negoiation, which is also different from previous quests that simply required to take proviences by any means.

Once again, so what. None of that is onerous or too difficult. And none of it is exactly different, either. Some DC & Event quests specifically ask for either negotiating or fighting map sectors.

RaveWolf

Yes, there are changes. You can't expect them to all be the same, otherwise there is no point playing. Repetition is boring.
I actually neglected some of my story quests, and am now sitting with two from Ages back... "Have one of each military building from the Future" and "Have one of each military building from Tomorrow"... I'm currently on the edge of jumping over to VF... and those both offer Diamonds. I do not have the space to place those buildings, so kinda stuck until I decide to do a full revamp, or I'm mentally strong enough to not build anything until I have the space to build them. But with that said, I could just skip them and move on, but for now I "Choose" to hang on, until I either have the space or give in.

*** Update ***
I also have one that wants me to "Research a Technology". If I do I will then be in VF... I'm not yet ready to go into VF. Am I being forced!? NO! The choice is purely mine. I can stay where I am until the Dev's get bored or I can move on.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I disagree, most event quests have you do something you were likely to do anyway.
This is demonstrably untrue. Just off the top of my head I can think of "donate goods to guild treasury". Who with a Treasury GB does that unless it's a quest/challenge? Not me. Maybe if you're in a bad guild or a one person guild where you didn't plan ahead, but otherwise no. And then there's the dozens upon dozens of Blacksmiths that pop up in cities from Iron Age up to Arctic Future during events. That's not something most of us do on a normal basis, it's just for the event quests. There are also others, like negotiate GE encounters or C-Map sectors (or fight, for others) or build x number of decorations.

Emberguard

. For instance there is also a quest in OF there requires to take 5 proviences only by negoiation, which is also different from previous quests that simply required to take proviences by any means.
Negative. Colonial had that exact quest by conquering.

Emberguard

I disagree, most event quests have you do something you were likely to do anyway. Here is a quest to do something that many would never do.
For story quests

Progressive era: have exactly 1997 population

How on [insert world] am I supposed to do that?

Modern(?) era: had to help a friend "gather 1 of every good from every age upto current age"

Oh boy. So many 1 good for 1 good trades that day