• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser35976

#1 in the my industrial hood displays the plunder achievement and says in his profile that if you don't aid, who are putting a target on your back and he will plunder you every day. So, first thing, I hit their city and take 1 FP from a magnum opus. Still hasn't attacked back yet, and today he has a three day city shield. I think my PME champion scared them!

Jern2017

On Monday, I attacked and defeated every single one of my neighbors, except for one guildmate and three friends.

Only one neighbor attacked me back and no fan mail yet.

DeletedUser38090

Poor guy, thinks obs gives him city defense. So naive.

Call him naive, but he is the wokest man ever to grace in FoE. His intelligence is beyond our preconceptions, and his IQ is probably 2000 points higher than all of us combined. He is playing on a level not known to man, and we'll all end up getting plundered daily as he magically turns his observatory into a plundering robot and steals your FPs from your GBs away.

Emberguard

Why does he need an Observatory for defense?
If you look at the symbols where an Observatory has its info without clicking the ? mark on mobile or hovering over on Desktop it looks exactly the same as a city defence symbol
upload_2019-2-13_20-28-6.png

So obviously this guy doesn't know how a observatory works and needs to learn from someone that does (or hover/click on ? to see the description)

For that matter attacking GBs also re-use the same symbols for attacking armies with the amount of swords being the only real defining difference until the Terra came out which uses the defensive layout of the symbol and adds blue

upload_2019-2-13_20-18-59.png

upload_2019-2-13_20-23-59.png

upload_2019-2-13_20-21-36.png

It's all different enough for attack and defence that if you know what you're looking at you know what it does. But the observatory doesn't have any difference between that and a event buildings defence army bonus
upload_2019-2-13_20-25-20.png

If I didn't know the pond was defensive army and only knew how the Observatory bonus works I could potentially mistake it as support pool. Likewise if I only knew the pond and didn't hover or see the ? symbols info on mobile I could easily mistake the Observatory as defensive pool bonus.

Now being desktop mainly player myself I've never had that problem as I'd be hovering just to access my Observatory. But this guy doesn't have an observatory yet so depending on what the mobile screen shows when looking at other players GBs I can understand the mistake

And this is all making a pretty big assumption - that if they ever saw the description for support pool they understood what they read and didn't just assume due to the symbol that it also does something for your own defence army

Last edited:

Emberguard

That being said - that would be a great idea if Inno made that top ability both support pool and city defence :D (yeah I don't see that ever happening)

DeletedUser35976

#1 in the my industrial hood displays the plunder achievement and says in his profile that if you don't aid, who are putting a target on your back and he will plunder you every day. So, first thing, I hit their city and take 1 FP from a magnum opus. Still hasn't attacked back yet, and today he has a three day city shield. I think my PME champion scared them!
So they finally attacked. They used two howitzers, 6 rouges. They killed 2 of my units before they were all wiped out. I can't wait for their city shield to expire!

Godly Luke

What I found absurd was a player with 57 / 627 A/D. That is unbeatable. But everyone has been plundered, so awaiting fan mail now. Yay!