• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser

It's all about perspective I guess. I imagine my attacker shaking his fist in frustration after taking the time to defeat my army and salivating at the thought of 5 TF FPs, only to come away with a handful of coins. I consider that a win.
True, but I wasn't expecting anything more than what I got, so there was no disappointment factor. I did it to be obnoxious. It's how I roll sometimes. I know everyone is shocked at that. LOL

DeletedUser30312

I mean, I understand if it's part of somebody's normal game play, that they plunder neighbors every day no matter what...but I still have to wonder why anyone would bother plundering when Events are going on, and production buildings are likely busy doing Event stuff rather than their normal productions.

TBH, I've been a bit lax in my weekly plundering, but that comes from leveling up and working my way through the new PE story quests and getting chewed up a bit on the map. Next week I should start settling in and I'll have my fun letting all my rogues turn into Tanks while most of my neighbors still have Indy defenses. To make things even better, I've noticed that Rifleman tend to be pretty popular in Indy defenses, probably to counter the 7 rogue/1 heavy tactic as much as possible, but with PE messing up the old formula, Tanks have the advantage over Riflemen, and the Indy defenses have another disadvantage with the scale change.

In any case, I'm not worried about what they're doing for productions, since I focus on set buildings. And I eschew most multiproducers now except for TFs, and if I hit a crap production I note it and avoid it in the future.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Nice. Hey, maybe you will get a rage message about how it was for an event quest and you're just worse than the scum of the earth for taking their video game stuff.

And if that doesn't get the response they wanted, they'll suddenly develop a case of plundernoma.

Jern2017

i plunder because i can i try and get forge points

Forge Points are my favorite, followed by goods. But I'll take supplies and coins as well. Only a couple of my Rogues die when I go through my neighborhood and they are being produced by the Alcatraz, so I don't really lose anything.

DeletedUser35771

Why would you be happy about getting a tholos ? (It is a leading question!)
Because it was d*** near the only thing worth plundering the poor pathetic creature had, in his EMA city full of stilt houses and hunters.
I figured if I hit him in his 'pocketbook' he might shape up and actually do something.
He did. His 2 spear defense went to a slinger. ONE slinger.
(That and the fact that patient waiting let me snipe it before somebody else did. I was keeping it safe from plundering ;) )

DeletedUser33455

Because it was d*** near the only thing worth plundering the poor pathetic creature had, in his EMA city full of stilt houses and hunters.
I figured if I hit him in his 'pocketbook' he might shape up and actually do something.
He did. His 2 spear defense went to a slinger. ONE slinger.
(That and the fact that patient waiting let me snipe it before somebody else did. I was keeping it safe from plundering ;) )

Sort of said it was a leading question , how the hell did you get a tholos ? Even if the guy is Billy no mates he will still have a neighbourhood of around 75 people even if only 10 people do polivate, his tholos would get motivated as it is the priority building above soks ,ssws and even grand bridge and pillar of heroes, so for it to go 24 hrs without being motivated is extremely rare ( I will say theoretically possible !) tbh I if I saw one I would take it for the sheer novelty value , but the rewards are just too small to bother , unless of course all his neighbourhood deliberately manually polivated , the guy must be really disliked ,

DeletedUser35771

Sort of said it was a leading question , how the hell did you get a tholos ? <snipped>

I've picked off a few, in the wee hours of morning. It's that quiet time, when nobody is quite awake enough to open the city, so a tree gets polished, or a blacksmith motivated.
I wouldn't say it had gone 24 hrs without being aided - but it had gone just long enough for me to slip in and out like the fog, on little cat feet. And suddenly, the protection expires, and I quickly pounce on my prize, before helping hands can restore said polivation.

And at my current level, every little reward helps - and p--ses of somebody :p

DeletedUser26120

I have 1074 fps plundered in Z world over 271 days. I was in top hood 4 ages lower for a few weeks so that hurt but been good since.

DeletedUser33455

I've picked off a few, in the wee hours of morning. It's that quiet time, when nobody is quite awake enough to open the city, so a tree gets polished, or a blacksmith motivated.
I wouldn't say it had gone 24 hrs without being aided - but it had gone just long enough for me to slip in and out like the fog, on little cat feet. And suddenly, the protection expires, and I quickly pounce on my prize, before helping hands can restore said polivation.

And at my current level, every little reward helps - and p--ses of somebody :p

One of us isn't getting this ! In a way I was hoping you had seen the error, You can't wait for protection to fall of a motivated building, unless it is collected by the owner, then you have to wait 24 hours for it to be collected again , it can then be plundered if it isn't motivated within that 24hr timescale, like I said its gonna be awfully fortunate to drop on an unmotivated tholos because it's one of the first buildings to be motivated. but again the rewards are so low it's not worth bothering about anyway. I think you are getting confused with 12 hour polishing which you can't do on a residential building , I think you are getting a tad carried away with yourself when you say you've picked up a few (one )?

DeletedUser31592

Sort of said it was a leading question , how the hell did you get a tholos ? Even if the guy is Billy no mates he will still have a neighbourhood of around 75 people even if only 10 people do polivate, his tholos would get motivated as it is the priority building above soks ,ssws and even grand bridge and pillar of heroes, so for it to go 24 hrs without being motivated is extremely rare ( I will say theoretically possible !) tbh I if I saw one I would take it for the sheer novelty value , but the rewards are just too small to bother , unless of course all his neighbourhood deliberately manually polivated , the guy must be really disliked ,
If it is a low level, it will be low on the priority list. So a level 1 is likely going to go unmotivated.

DeletedUser30312

It happens. I've seen cities with vulnerable SoKs.

DeletedUser35475

I cannot understand why anyone would plunder coins or supplies. Seems like a waste of time!

DeletedUser30312

I'm about 200 plunders away from the highest achievement level, so I grab them when there's less than an hour left to plunder and there's nothing else. Or maybe you need them for a quest. If there's nothing better, I'll occasionally go for supplies if there's a big supply building, since I need those, but I don't go out of the way for coins.

DeletedUser26120

Yeah for sure, if there's 30 min left and all I can get is a few thousand supplies then I'll definitely take that over nothing.

DeletedUser35475

Yeah for sure, if there's 30 min left and all I can get is a few thousand supplies then I'll definitely take that over nothing.

Why? Is it just to get stats for the achievement?

Hell if there was a way to do it I would give people coins so they didn't need to attack me to get them by plunder :)

DeletedUser35771

One of us isn't getting this ! In a way I was hoping you had seen the error, <snipped, see above>

I think you are the one missing my pov :) I most certainly CAN wait for protection to fall off, all the while keeping an eye on what else can be taken if my primary target remains unavailable and the clock is ticking down.

A few does not = 1. In my neighbourhoods, there are quite a few level 1-3 tholii (?), and by checking back often, I've found more than 1 left vulnerable since they became available. I'm not saying I see one every day, but more often than one would assume.
I think we should agree to disagree, at this point, and move along.

DeletedUser34800

Great. You plundered an unmotivated Tholos of Idols from people who barely know how to play the game. You got some coins. Awesome.

Coins are worthless. Go for goods or special buildings that can't ever be motivated to start with.

Now, if you're going after the achievement, all right. Take whatever you can when you can. That's how you do it. The more you grab, the faster you get it done. Same thing applies if you have been checking and checking, and it's the only thing available. Sure, grab it.

Other than that though, it's a waste.